Cleveland and GM could face stiff penalties from the league for violating electronic use policy

Moderator: bwgood77

campybatman
Lead Assistant
And1: 185

Cleveland and GM could face stiff penalties from the league for violating electronic use policy 

Post#1 » by campybatman » Wed Feb 4, 2015 5:57 pm

Multiple league sources have told NEOMG that Farmer was the high-ranking personnel member who violated the NFL's electronic use policy by the impermissible texting. Those messages were then apparently relayed to the coaches.

The NFL investigated the improper texts, and are prepared to announce sanctions within the next couple of weeks. A resolution could come as early as this week, but probably no later than three weeks.

Farmer is facing a multigame suspension -- as many as three or four games -- and the Browns are facing the loss of a draft pick if the probe, conducted by in-house NFL executives, shows that Farmer acted improperly.

"Textgate'' was the first of three scandals that have erupted over the past month that impact the integrity of the game, and the NFL is taking all three very seriously.

The second was "Deflategate,'' the controversy over the Patriots deflating footballs during their AFC Championship Game victory over the Colts. And the third was the Falcons pumping artificial crowd noise into the Georgia Dome over the past two seasons, which owner Arthur Blank admitted to on Tuesday.

The NFL is likely to wrap up all three investigations within the next three weeks.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... er_su.html
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Re: Cleveland and GM could face stiff penalties from the league for violating electronic use policy 

Post#2 » by truth18 » Wed Feb 4, 2015 10:37 pm

Browns are cursed, huh?
YOU LOSE
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Re: Cleveland and GM could face stiff penalties from the league for violating electronic use policy 

Post#3 » by Celtsfan1980 » Wed Feb 4, 2015 10:42 pm

If they touch either first round picks I think I'm done with football for good.
campybatman
Lead Assistant
And1: 185

Post#4 » by campybatman » Thu Feb 5, 2015 5:45 am

Interestingly, New England is the only one of the three franchises that has vehemently denied any wrongdoing, whereas the evidence against Cleveland and Atlanta are undeniable. Conversely, we're talking about inconclusive evidence against New England.

Initially, I'd believed that New England would face a stiff fine. Now, I almost doubt that the league will present enough evidence against them to make a convincing argument to justify a punishment for a violation of rules. Therefore, the league will pick up the yellow flag and say that there wasn't an infraction, our bad.
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#5 » by Higga » Thu Feb 5, 2015 7:08 pm

The funny thing is, from what I've heard, the Browns coaches didn't even want to receive the texts. It was more of an annoyance than anything else.

I don't really see why this is such a big deal though. I mean you already have assistant coaches in the box that are calling plays. What advantages does a coach really have by having someone in the box texting them stuff?
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#6 » by Icness » Fri Feb 6, 2015 10:08 pm

The Browns are a bigger mess than anyone would even believe. It starts at the top too.
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#7 » by Celtsfan1980 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:47 pm

No draft picks taken away. I'm happy. Unfortunate for the Falcons that they had a fifth round pick taken away.

Return to The General NFL Board