Andre Johnson released

Moderator: bwgood77

jackwindham
Sixth Man
And1: 732

Andre Johnson released 

Post#1 » by jackwindham » Mon Mar 9, 2015 10:30 pm

An era has ended for the Houston Texans, as the franchise has announced that Andre Johnson has been officially released from his contract. The star wide receiver wanted to finish his career on a contending team, so the front office obliged.

A couple of teams have already expressed interest. The New England Patriots love veteran wide receivers that can still contribute to the game, and they are coming off of a Super Bowl victory. A massive overhaul is taking place with the Philadelphia Eagles, and Chip Kelly is said to be interested in having Johnson replace Jeremy Maclin, who is reuniting with Andy Reid by signing with the Kansas City Chiefs. The Baltimore Ravens are also said to have some interest, as they need someone to replace Torrey Smith, who is reportedly heading to the San Francisco 49ers.

Where do you think Johnson should sign and where do you think he will sign?
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,801

Re: Andre Johnson released 

Post#2 » by Rich Rane » Mon Mar 9, 2015 10:40 pm

If I'm the Giants, I'd go after him. Him and Beckham with Cruz in the slot would be great for Eli if they can give him some protection as well.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#3 » by Icness » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:21 pm

He's going to the Colts. Presumably replacing Reggie Wayne, whose career was essentially ended by an errant Andrew Luck pass. If he does the same with Johnson maybe folks will start realizing he's just not so awesome.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
xBulletproof
Analyst
And1: 4,368

Post#4 » by xBulletproof » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:55 pm

Icness wrote:He's going to the Colts. Presumably replacing Reggie Wayne, whose career was essentially ended by an errant Andrew Luck pass. If he does the same with Johnson maybe folks will start realizing he's just not so awesome.

:lol:

I hope this was all supposed to be sarcasm, except the first sentence. :crazy:
agetro23
Freshman
And1: 27

Post#5 » by agetro23 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:07 pm

Gonna hurt them for a while, especially if Andre goes to a division rival. Imagine if he signed w/ the Colts? Damn. lol
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#6 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat May 2, 2015 1:50 am

Icness wrote:He's going to the Colts. Presumably replacing Reggie Wayne, whose career was essentially ended by an errant Andrew Luck pass. If he does the same with Johnson maybe folks will start realizing he's just not so awesome.

This is insane! Reggie is old and his contract was too big a cap hit. I think I'm gonna put this silly statement in my signature so we can all laugh at it 5 yrs from now.

Return to The General NFL Board