Cam Newton

Moderator: bwgood77

dreadhead_htx
Junior
And1: 394

Cam Newton 

Post#1 » by dreadhead_htx » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:39 pm

I remember when this kid was taking so much heat before he even stepped foot in the league. These board and a few others forums fans of other teams were bashing the hell out of him and other running QB's while praising andrew luck like a god. now hes one of the best in the game and making it look easy.. If this kid doesn't get injured I can still see him getting even better, Do you all agree?
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Re: Cam Newton 

Post#2 » by Higga » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:44 pm

He's taken a big step up in his game. I've always liked him but questioned if he was more than a run first QB winning because of his D and running game, but this year he's been just as important if not more so. He's an MVP candidate. Some of those throws he made yesterday were just awesome.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,863

Post#3 » by DirtybirdGA » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:19 pm

Glad to see him succeed except he's in the NFC south.
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#4 » by truth18 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:39 pm

Love Cam as a person. Glad to see him succeeded and throw shade on the haters.
YOU LOSE
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#5 » by Celtsfan1980 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:44 pm

His passing statistics are not too great.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,536

Post#6 » by Mamba Mentality » Mon Dec 7, 2015 2:28 am

big game today makes him the frontrunner imo
Higga
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by Higga » Mon Dec 7, 2015 7:08 pm

He's the MVP. Not even a discussion anymore.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#8 » by truth18 » Mon Dec 7, 2015 9:35 pm

MVP
YOU LOSE
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#9 » by therealbig3 » Tue Dec 8, 2015 5:44 am

He's been fantastic, but I think people are getting caught up with team accomplishments like W-L. Brady has still been the significantly better QB this season. Trumps Newton by a lot in pretty much every objective measure, and the only reason his team lost the last two games was because of injuries. Newton also has the best defense (or at least one of them) behind him, and they've covered up a lot of his mistakes.

IDK, is 12-0 vs 10-2 that big of a difference that he gets the nod over a much better QB?

BTW, Newton is my #2 pick for MVP, and I have him on my fantasy team. I love the guy, I just don't see much of a case for him over Brady, even if his team is slightly better right now.
Higga
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Higga » Tue Dec 8, 2015 7:17 pm

therealbig3 wrote:He's been fantastic, but I think people are getting caught up with team accomplishments like W-L. Brady has still been the significantly better QB this season. Trumps Newton by a lot in pretty much every objective measure, and the only reason his team lost the last two games was because of injuries. Newton also has the best defense (or at least one of them) behind him, and they've covered up a lot of his mistakes.

IDK, is 12-0 vs 10-2 that big of a difference that he gets the nod over a much better QB?

BTW, Newton is my #2 pick for MVP, and I have him on my fantasy team. I love the guy, I just don't see much of a case for him over Brady, even if his team is slightly better right now.

Newton has a great D, but who is he throwing the ball to? Greg Olsen and a bunch of jabronis. Without Newton they're maybe a 7 or 8 win team. He's the main reason they're undefeated. He is their offense.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#11 » by El Turco » Wed Dec 9, 2015 10:36 am

statistically carson palmer easily has been the best qb, not brady or cam. leading the league in just about every advanced metric dyar, yar, dvoa etc. only lost two games as well.

but it is obvious cam is going to win it unless panthers completely tank last 4 weeks.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect
And1: 76

Post#12 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:15 pm

last year was as close as he'll get to an SB for a long time.

he'll be good and entertaining but team-wise they arent going back next year
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,441

Post#13 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:45 am

ErnieDiGregorio wrote:last year was as close as he'll get to an SB for a long time.

The SB loser typically doesn't make it back. The "Hangover" is real. Not that difficult to predict actually. Just out of curiosity, who do you have playing in the big game?
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect

Post#14 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:01 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
ErnieDiGregorio wrote:last year was as close as he'll get to an SB for a long time.

The SB loser typically doesn't make it back. The "Hangover" is real. Not that difficult to predict actually. Just out of curiosity, who do you have playing in the big game?

I didnt mean next year, I meant never.

Pitt or Colts vs Minn
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#15 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:00 am

ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Pitt or Colts vs Minn

Wow. Minnesota? Don't see it. Adrian Peterson is on the wrong side of 30. Bridgewater is hit or miss. They're better teams in the NFC. Green Bay should win that division.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,291

Post#16 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:30 am

Steelers or Colts winning the AFC. :falloff:
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect

Post#17 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:59 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:The SB loser typically doesn't make it back. The "Hangover" is real. Not that difficult to predict actually. Just out of curiosity, who do you have playing in the big game?

Pitt or Colts vs Minn

Wow. Minnesota? Don't see it. Adrian Peterson is on the wrong side of 30. Bridgewater is hit or miss. They're better teams in the NFC. Green Bay should win that division.

better teams? they were one play from the next round except for Seattle having the luckiest occurrence in the history of mankind 2.0.
their playoff game against GB the year before was 1.0.
all the talk of offense/passing league wide and the most successful nfc teams have been mobile QB teams with strong defenses.
Seattle/Carolina/ Minn. the last 2 and 3 years.
Minn. drafted wide receivers and is going to a shotgun spread.

here's the hype train

http://www.vikings.com/news/lunch-break/article-1/Adrian-Peterson-Ranked-by-SI-as-NFLs-No-2-Running-Back/82df2939-c105-4a4a-b1f9-bb8c0e9d83fd
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#18 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:30 am

ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
ErnieDiGregorio wrote:

Pitt or Colts vs Minn

better teams? they were one play from the next round except for Seattle having the luckiest occurrence in the history of mankind 2.0.
all the talk of offense/passing league wide and the most successful nfc teams have been mobile QB teams with strong defenses.

here's the hype train

http://www.vikings.com/news/lunch-break/article-1/Adrian-Peterson-Ranked-by-SI-as-NFLs-No-2-Running-Back/82df2939-c105-4a4a-b1f9-bb8c0e9d83fd

Green bay, Carolina, Arizona, Seattle, A healthy Dallas squad are all better imo. They were very unlucky in the playoffs. But, they also had a fluke home field advantage in the weather (3rd coldest game ever). The Hawks blew them out 38-7, a month earlier in normal weather conditions. Sorry, I'm not buying the Viking hype.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect

Post#19 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:26 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Wow. Minnesota? Don't see it. Adrian Peterson is on the wrong side of 30. Bridgewater is hit or miss. They're better teams in the NFC. Green Bay should win that division.

here's the hype train

Green bay, Carolina, Arizona, Seattle, A healthy Dallas squad are all better imo. They were very unlucky in the playoffs. But, they also had a fluke home field advantage in the weather (3rd coldest game ever). The Hawks blew them out 38-7, a month earlier in normal weather conditions. Sorry, I'm not buying the Viking hype.

Did you forget that the blowout game was missing 3 or 4 Minn. Starting defenders?
Weather is irrelevant or you have to admit Seattle really sucks because they play in cold wet weather all the time and didn't do well in minn in the playoff game.
Plus Carolina blew out Seattle on a beautiful day.
The weather was irrelevant in the minn/ Seattle playoff game because players played with bare arms and the stands weren't empty. The weather was just hyped by media as a factor.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#20 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:54 am

ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
ErnieDiGregorio wrote:

here's the hype train

Did you forget that the blowout game was missing 3 or 4 Minn. Starting defenders?
Weather is irrelevant or you have to admit Seattle really sucks because they play in cold wet weather all the time and didn't do well in minn in the playoff game.
Plus Carolina blew out Seattle on a beautiful day.
The weather was irrelevant in the minn/ Seattle playoff game because players played with bare arms and the stands weren't empty. The weather was just hyped by media as a factor.

Nope. It was pretty **** cold.

Vikings, Seahawks Battle Through 3rd-Coldest Game in NFL History

Just prior to the noon (CT) kickoff, the temperature was minus-6 degrees Fahrenheit, and the wind chill was calculated at minus-25. Sunday’s game was the coldest in Vikings history and the third-coldest (in wind chill; tied for third in air temp) game in NFL history.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-Seahawks-Battle-Through-3rd-Coldest-Game-in-NFL-History/98d9e43c-18cf-4b37-9cdf-bd426d5385c7

Return to The General NFL Board