Moderator: bwgood77

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Re: Smack talk thread? 

Post#421 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:43 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
jwise44 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:Well... for all of you who try to argue with BJJ about the "America's Team" thing (which as I have stated I personally hate but it is what it is), you aren't going to like the list of the Top 5 viewed games this year so far. There is a trend.

35.1 million 11/24/2016 Redskins @ Cowboys
28.9 million 11/13/2016 Cowboys @ Steelers
28.0 million 10/16/2016 Cowboys @ Packers
27.6 million 11/24/2016 Vikings @ Lions
27.5 million 9/11/2016 N.Y. Giants @ Cowboys

Everyone tuning in hoping the cowboys lose

But y'all are great this season and have stories people that don't hate the cowboys can get behind...dak and zeke

Hell, if I wasn't bred to dispise y'all I may be rooting for you

Its Jerrah's fault! Maybe if he wasn't such an *** clown. Ya'll actually might be somewhat likable. You either love him or hate him. Actually, if you polled most Dallas fans, the majority likely despise him too. Am I wrong?

It's a love/hate thing with Jerry. He saved this franchise when it was a step or two from bankruptcy court (I don't know a single Cowboy fan who didn't hate Bum Bright). And he changed the business model of the NFL entirely. That's why he's going into the Pro Football HOF next year.

But... as much as he wants to believe it, he's not a damn "football man". That's where we Cowboys fans get pissed at him... and where haters get to take great pleasure at his football moves. And there's plenty to have fun with there.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,309

Post#422 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:01 am

Its pretty much been like that since the 70's. Cowboys have always gotten incredible ratings for decades, regardless of their record.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#423 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:18 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Its pretty much been like that since the 70's. Cowboys have always gotten incredible ratings for decades, regardless of their record.

And if anyone thinks for one second that FOX isn't hoping for a Cowboys Super Bowl against either the Raiders or Patriots then they are silly. All that talk about ratings would change in a hurry.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,457

Post#424 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:56 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Its pretty much been like that since the 70's. Cowboys have always gotten incredible ratings for decades, regardless of their record.

And if anyone thinks for one second that FOX isn't hoping for a Cowboys Super Bowl against either the Raiders or Patriots then they are silly. All that talk about ratings would change in a hurry.

Boooooo!!! :lol:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#425 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:07 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Boooooo!!! :lol:

And - I'll bet the fine folks at FOX are drooling at the possibility of a Seattle/Dallas NFC Championship matchup in that late time slot on Championship Sunday...

Although it the Raiders grab that #1 seed, home field and make it to the Championship game they will almost have to make that the late one.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#426 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Dec 1, 2016 2:33 am

I can't see Seattle making the NFC Championship game.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#427 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Dec 1, 2016 2:34 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I can't see Seattle making the NFC Championship game.

I can - last week not withstanding. The way the standings are shaking out they are on track for the #2 seed, an off week and a divisional playoff game up there. And when you look at the gaggle of teams vying for slots 3-6, the only one that would worry me if I were a Seattle fan is the Redskins.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#428 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Dec 1, 2016 3:09 pm

I still have an eye on Atlanta a little bit. But I do mostly agree with you. Bottom line, Cowboys >>>>>> all NFC teams !!
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,457

Post#429 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Dec 1, 2016 8:57 pm

A team with a good D-line is the biggest worry. Minnesota, the Giants?
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#430 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Dec 1, 2016 9:28 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:A team with a good D-line is the biggest worry. Minnesota, the Giants?

Giants - maybe.

Vikings? I don't think so. Still got to score.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#431 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Dec 3, 2016 2:37 pm

I'm more worried about playing the Redskins than I am the Giants or Seattle.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#432 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Dec 3, 2016 4:53 pm

Cowboys/Vikings pulled a 14.1 Thursday night. It was the highest rated Thursday night game of the season. Obviously, having the Cowboys mattered. In terms of ratings for the league however, I'm not sure what that means. Maybe more fuel to the "get rid of Thursday night games" crowd.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#433 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Dec 3, 2016 5:15 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Cowboys/Vikings pulled a 14.1 Thursday night. It was the highest rated Thursday night game of the season. Obviously, having the Cowboys mattered. In terms of ratings for the league however, I'm not sure what that means. Maybe more fuel to the "get rid of Thursday night games" crowd.

Well Otis, the 70's and early 90's are back ! Now that we are extremely relevant again, the ratings will go through the roof and the Cowboy haters will come out in force again. It just means we are back in the saddle again with a new pair of spurs. Can you imagine what the ratings will be if the Cowboys and Raiders are the participants in the upcoming Super Bowl? For over a decade that was one of the most anticipated match ups we all thought would have happened back in the day. If it does happen, the ratings will go through the roof.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#434 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Dec 3, 2016 7:26 pm

2 months is a long time BJJ...

Enjoy the ride.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#435 » by bleu » Sun Dec 4, 2016 5:41 am

I will say, after watching Thursday night's game...the Cowboys Super Bowl hopes will likely depend on who they have to play on the way. If they have to play a team with a really good offensive line and a solid pocket quarterback I think they may be in trouble. The Raiders, for example, would give them fits.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#436 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Dec 4, 2016 1:26 pm

bleu wrote:I will say, after watching Thursday night's game...the Cowboys Super Bowl hopes will likely depend on who they have to play on the way. If they have to play a team with a really good offensive line and a solid pocket quarterback I think they may be in trouble. The Raiders, for example, would give them fits.

I hope that happens.

I hope that happens very much.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#437 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Dec 4, 2016 2:25 pm

Just saw where the Raiders lost one of their corner backs for the rest of the season.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#438 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Dec 4, 2016 2:26 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Just saw where the Raiders lost one of their corner backs for the rest of the season.

Well the Patriots lost their TE for the rest of the season.

Seems fair.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#439 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Dec 4, 2016 3:12 pm

Maybe my predicted Chiefs just might win the AFC this year. If they do, its $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ca chinge for me !
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#440 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Dec 4, 2016 3:14 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bleu wrote:I will say, after watching Thursday night's game...the Cowboys Super Bowl hopes will likely depend on who they have to play on the way. If they have to play a team with a really good offensive line and a solid pocket quarterback I think they may be in trouble. The Raiders, for example, would give them fits.

I hope that happens.

I hope that happens very much.

Is there any doubt that we need to be super aggressive attacking the D-line in the up comming draft?

Return to The General NFL Board