What teams do you root against/despise the most?

Moderator: bwgood77

bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Re: RE: Re: What teams do you root against/despise the most? 

Post#41 » by bleu » Mon Aug 1, 2016 6:27 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
bleu wrote:The official 2016 list of bleu's least favorite teams in the NFL:

5. Pittsburgh Steelers - I don't have a real reason why, and honestly I don't hate them all that much. But somebody had to be #5, and I find myself cheering against them often

4. Dallas Cowboys - I used to hate them a lot more, and I still hate Jerry Jones and how the Cowboys handle situations like Greg Hardy, but I actually like Romo quite a bit and I think he gets a lot more hate and criticism than he deserves

3. New England Patriots - I also used to hate them more than I do, but it's fizzled out a little bit and now. I still hate Belichick, and I absolutely can't stand most Pats fans I've ever met, but I'm mostly just tired of them winning at this point. Still, there are only two teams in the league who I would cheer for them over and they are:

2. Denver Broncos - This mostly stems from living in Utah (with no NFL team), and being surrounded by Broncos fans all the time. I hate that every Sunday the damn Broncos are on TV, I hate Von Miller, I hate their style of play, and I hate my coworker who never stops talking about the Broncos. Losing to them in the Super Bowl definitely didn't make me like them more either, but my hatred started long before that.

And bleu's least favorite team in the NFL for 2016, who I will not cheer for in any circumstance and for any reason:

1. New York Giants - I just hate them. I don't really know what else to say. I hate Coughlin. I hate Eli Manning. I hate all of the unwarranted attention they receive just because they are in New York. I hate most of their fans. I hate Jason Pierre Paul. And most of all, I hate hate HATE Odell ****ing Beckham. I can't even stand looking at him, and I cringe when I see his posts retweeted on my Twitter timeline. If he left and went to another team, that team would likely be in my top 5 most hated as well. **** the Giants.

I agree with this list, though of course, as I mentioned, the Chiefs are up there too. But I do HATE that the Giants are on SO much in prime time.

I used to have Dallas #1 also, because growing up in Phx, before the Cards moved there, and even afterwards for a long time, there were mostly Cowboys fans. Against the Cards in Phx, it would be like a home game for the Cowboys.

I agree with you about Romo though. I like him and he is FAR better than people give him credit for. Many blame him for losses, but imo many games he ends up not being able to pull off, they never would have been IN the game if not for him. I remember 2-3 years ago when Denver was ON FIRE offensively, he kept up with them in a very high scoring game only to lose at the end. Everyone blamed Romo for the loss, but he was the only reason they were in the game.

Living in Austin now, all I get are Cowboys and Texans games (though I usually head to sports bars or watch feeds of the Chargers and Cardinals) and I kind of pull for the Texans too.

I'm guessing the Chiefs are up there because they're a divisional rival?

I feel your pain, living in Utah where there's not a team, the damn Broncos and Raiders games are always on TV, and now more and more often because of a massive influx of Seahawks fans in the area, the Hawks as well. My only option to watch the Panthers is to go to a sports bar or to find low quality bootleg streams online. Still managed to watch 15 out of 16 last year though (the only game I missed was the 1 regular season game we lost, vs the Falcons. I still believe the only reason we lost was because I went to watch the Chiefs at Arrowhead instead of watching the Panthers).
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,482

Post#42 » by bwgood77 » Mon Aug 1, 2016 6:27 pm

bleu wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
I think the dark blue part is creative. It represents the ocean and the dark gloomy rainy weather.
The lime green in trendy crap and needs to go.

I love em. I would love to see the silver helmets make a comeback tho. :D

I actually kind of like their current uniforms. I mean the old ones are great too, and I loved the silver helmets, but I think the current ones are pretty good looking. They just built a new high school near where I live and their mascot (as voted on by students/parents) is the "Riverhawks", and their color scheme is the same as the Seahawks. Kind of stupid to copy an NFL team in my opinion, but a lot of high schools do it so whatever. Even my high school was a ripoff of the Broncos color scheme and logos.

My high school was a ripoff of the Packers, though the name of the high school was Greenway, so it kind of made sense.

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,459

Post#43 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Aug 1, 2016 6:39 pm

bleu wrote:I feel your pain, living in Utah where there's not a team, the damn Broncos and Raiders games are always on TV, and now more and more often because of a massive influx of Seahawks fans in the area, the Hawks as well. My only option to watch the Panthers is to go to a sports bar or to find low quality bootleg streams online. Still managed to watch 15 out of 16 last year though (the only game I missed was the 1 regular season game we lost, vs the Falcons. I still believe the only reason we lost was because I went to watch the Chiefs at Arrowhead instead of watching the Panthers).

:-D :thumbsup:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: What teams do you root against/despise the most? 

Post#44 » by bleu » Mon Aug 1, 2016 6:47 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bleu wrote:I feel your pain, living in Utah where there's not a team, the damn Broncos and Raiders games are always on TV, and now more and more often because of a massive influx of Seahawks fans in the area, the Hawks as well. My only option to watch the Panthers is to go to a sports bar or to find low quality bootleg streams online. Still managed to watch 15 out of 16 last year though (the only game I missed was the 1 regular season game we lost, vs the Falcons. I still believe the only reason we lost was because I went to watch the Chiefs at Arrowhead instead of watching the Panthers).

:-D

No really, the town I live in is Seahawks crazy. During those two years that they went to the Super Bowl everyone here had flags, bumper stickers, jerseys, etc. I mean, it's still like that but a little less so. I think a lot of it had to do with them taking both of Utah State's star players (Bobby Wagner and Robert Turbin) in the 2012 Draft. And it's cool with me, I've never had any problem with the Seahawks and I cheer for them every now and then. It's just kind if strange that they have such a big fanbase here 800+ miles away.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#45 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Aug 1, 2016 6:51 pm

bleu wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

:-D

No really, the town I live in is Seahawks crazy. During those two years that they went to the Super Bowl everyone here had flags, bumper stickers, jerseys, etc. I mean, it's still like that but a little less so. I think a lot of it had to do with them taking both of Utah State's star players (Bobby Wagner and Robert Turbin) in the 2012 Draft. And it's cool with me, I've never had any problem with the Seahawks and I cheer for them every now and then. It's just kind if strange that they have such a big fanbase here 800+ miles away.

Nice.

Btw, how did you become a Panthers fan?
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by bleu » Mon Aug 1, 2016 8:40 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bleu wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote: :-D

Nice.

I started watching football when I was probably 12 or 13, and with no geographical connections I just had to choose one. I knew I didn't like the Broncos or the Raiders, and I have uncles who are Steelers, Cowboys, and Dolphins fans so I didn't want to choose any of those teams. I started to like the Niners, and probably would have made them "my team", but then one day I was watching football with my dad, and it was the wild card round of the 2004 Playoffs with the Panthers vs Cowboys and that's when things changed. I loved their style of play, I loved how they had come from being a 1-15 team two years earlier to being a threat in the playoffs, I loved Jake Delhomme and Julius Peppers, and I REALLY loved Steve Smith, and from that day forward I've been an avid, diehard Panthers fan. Guess I dodged a bullet there by not sticking with the Niners!
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#47 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Aug 1, 2016 9:14 pm

bleu wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bleu wrote:No really, the town I live in is Seahawks crazy. During those two years that they went to the Super Bowl everyone here had flags, bumper stickers, jerseys, etc. I mean, it's still like that but a little less so. I think a lot of it had to do with them taking both of Utah State's star players (Bobby Wagner and Robert Turbin) in the 2012 Draft. And it's cool with me, I've never had any problem with the Seahawks and I cheer for them every now and then. It's just kind if strange that they have such a big fanbase here 800+ miles away.

Nice.

I started watching football when I was probably 12 or 13, and with no geographical connections I just had to choose one. I knew I didn't like the Broncos or the Raiders, and I have uncles who are Steelers, Cowboys, and Dolphins fans so I didn't want to choose any of those teams. I started to like the Niners, and probably would have made them "my team", but then one day I was watching football with my dad, and it was the wild card round of the 2004 Playoffs with the Panthers vs Cowboys and that's when things changed. I loved their style of play, I loved how they had come from being a 1-15 team two years earlier to being a threat in the playoffs, I loved Jake Delhomme and Julius Peppers, and I REALLY loved Steve Smith, and from that day forward I've been an avid, diehard Panthers fan. Guess I dodged a bullet there by not sticking with the Niners!

Lol yeah you really dodged a Bullet on that one. :lol:

I almost became a Packers fan. When the previous owner tried to move the Hawks to LA. Thank god for Paul Allen.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Re: What teams do you root against/despise the most? 

Post#48 » by jwise44 » Mon Aug 1, 2016 9:26 pm

Cowboys- hate everything about them

Seahawks- like the players, but DESPISE Pete Carroll. He is an awful human being and he did usc so dirty and jumped ship so he didn't have to face consequences (sorry cactus, but this hate will never subside)

Patriots- obviously just because of belicheat

Any team that employs Bret Favre if/when he tries to become a coach/advisor (far and away my most hated sports player of any sport ever)
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#49 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Aug 1, 2016 9:39 pm

jwise44 wrote:Cowboys- hate everything about them

Seahawks- like the players, but DESPISE Pete Carroll. He is an awful human being and he did usc so dirty and jumped ship so he didn't have to face consequences (sorry cactus, but this hate will never subside)

Patriots- obviously just because of belicheat

Any team that employs Bret Favre if/when he tries to become a coach/advisor (far and away my most hated sports player of any sport ever)

jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#50 » by jwise44 » Mon Aug 1, 2016 9:45 pm

Sorry bud, but I hate the guy...and losing beast mode who has been my favorite non Texan didn't help. But I do love Russ and the legion of boom (mostly my guy from Texas earl!)

But nothing can make up for how much I dislike carroll
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#51 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Aug 1, 2016 9:56 pm

jwise44 wrote:Sorry bud, but I hate the guy...and losing beast mode who has been my favorite non Texan didn't help. But I do love Russ and the legion of boom (mostly my guy from Texas earl!)

But nothing can make up for how much I dislike carroll

Tbh, I've always loved Pete. Going back to his USC days. I Was a fan when they had Reggie Bush & those teams. As much as I love the guy, I understand the hate. But, he's not a bad guy. He has done so much for LA & Seattle (His foundations). If, he left to coach another team, I would automatically become a fan (outside of the Niners of course). That's how much I've grown to love him.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,320

Post#52 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 2, 2016 5:36 am

Try living in New England and here it day after day. I have a way of shutting them up though.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by bleu » Tue Aug 2, 2016 5:51 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Try living in New England and here it day after day. I have a way of shutting them up though.

Please, tell me your ways. I've never been able to get Pats fans to shut up about anything.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by bleu » Tue Aug 2, 2016 5:55 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bleu wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Nice.

I almost became a Packers fan. When the previous owner tried to move the Hawks to LA. Thank god for Paul Allen.

I actually didn't know that ever happened. I get not wanting to cheer for a team that deserts their city, but why the Packers though?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#55 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Aug 2, 2016 6:12 am

bleu wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bleu wrote:

I actually didn't know that ever happened. I get not wanting to cheer for a team that deserts their city, but why the Packers though?

Yup, 20 years ago, ken behring (Seahawks owner at the time) tried to move the team to Anaheim. He had moving trucks ready to go. Another scumbag owner. Anyway, Paul Allen offered to buy the team, along with a new stadium proposal (Which is now CenturyLink). Paul literally saved the team & eventually built a winner. First bringing in Mike Holmgren & later Pete.

I liked Green Bay at that time. Favre, etc.

Much like the Thunder, I can't imagine rooting for a team that left.
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#56 » by Mich3006 » Tue Aug 2, 2016 6:48 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Ayatollah wrote:Despite the fact that I like some players of every team (...Dez Bryant...), Pats, Dallas, SD, Green Bay and since last year, the Panthers are my "top 5"

Why SD? The Rivers/Manning trade and discussion?

Don´t have a specific reason, I simply don´t like them.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#57 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Aug 2, 2016 7:04 am

Ayatollah wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Ayatollah wrote:Despite the fact that I like some players of every team (...Dez Bryant...), Pats, Dallas, SD, Green Bay and since last year, the Panthers are my "top 5"

Why SD? The Rivers/Manning trade and discussion?

Don´t have a specific reason, I simply don´t like them.

They need to only wear their powder blues. That would fix things. :wink:
JaxMagic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 325

Post#58 » by JaxMagic » Tue Aug 2, 2016 12:29 pm

The titans...
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,320

Post#59 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 2, 2016 3:17 pm

bleu wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Try living in New England and here it day after day. I have a way of shutting them up though.

Please, tell me your ways. I've never been able to get Pats fans to shut up about anything.

Even though my team has totally sucked the last 17 years, my team has an advantage over yours. I just tell them to shut the .... up till their trophy case looks as good as ours. They have no comeback for that one. Some patsy fans will just want to talk about the present. I keep reminding them of their first 43 years when they did absolutely nothing for the most part. Total embarrassment. There are still more Cowboy and giant fans in Northern Maine than are Patsy fans. And there is a story behind that one to.
C-Melo Man
Junior
And1: 197

Post#60 » by C-Melo Man » Thu Aug 4, 2016 12:51 am

1. Pittsburgh Steelers - I grew up in a Steeler household (as well as being a central Pennsylvania native) & of course SB40 which I felt was the biggest hack job in Superbowl history. I was torn up watching my Seahawks lose that game because of a lot of bogus calls (especially the notorious rushing touchdown by Ben Roethlisberger who fell a half-yard short of the endzone which he admitted that it wasn't a touchdown). The league wanted them to win so Jerome Bettis can go out on top. I have loathed them & the fans always throwing out the #6 for their titles. I want nothing more than a Superbowl rematch against them. Beating Pittsburgh last season was nice, but I want it to be on the biggest stage again.

2. Carolina Panthers - I'll admit they're a strong team & that they will definitely develop a rivalry with Seattle for years to come, but I can't stand Cam Newton with a passion. I was never a fan of his since he entered the league with his arrogance & crybaby self after he loses. Watching him lose to the Broncos in SB50 was wonderful & seeing him act the way he did during the postgame interview didn't surprise me at all. All season long it was all good for him dancing, taunting & all that when they won. However, he fell on the biggest stage & didn't look good at all. He had a great season last year, but we'll see how he follows up on that. I know I can't wait to watch Carolina & Seattle again. Outside of the 4th quarter in the regular season, Cam usually doesn't perform well against the Seahawks. Greg Olsen & their defensive line have done their due diligence in winning. Kelvin Benjamin returning will be interesting, but it'll be a great game.

3. New England Patriots - I'm not a Bill Belicheck & Tom Brady fan. SB49 was tough to swallow due to being decimated by injuries & blowing a 24-10 lead. Yes the infamous last play of the game went down, but if not for the defensive lapses, the Seahawks would've been back-to-back champions. It is what it is though. There's no denying New England's dominance over the past 15 seasons, but there's so many asterisks throughout their reign with how they won. New England fans I've come across are obnoxious. They know that Tom Brady won't last forever & this coming season may be his last great season, but it'll definitely be tougher on them without Brady for 4 games. I'm sure New England will take their division & make it to the AFC championship again, but will they win another title with Tom Brady at QB? I already made a bold prediction saying that they won't as I expect him to decline either this coming season or the season afterward, especially if he keeps getting roughed up by his divisional opponents' defensive regime. The Patriots play the NFCW this season which every defense will give it to him.

4. St. Louis Rams - Their defensive line kills the Seahawks' offensive line & somehow we can't seem to beat them 2-0 in head-to-head matchups. Maybe things will be different now that they're in LA, but I can't take Seattle losing to them anymore. The Rams don't always play clean games as I've noticed their headhunter DC going after specific players (i.e. Russell Wilson in the second matchup last year). The Rams build their team to be tough on divisional opponents, but lose most games outside of their division. Todd Gurley will get his, but I can't wait to play against their rookie QB Jared Goff & pray that the offensive line can find some way to keep Russell Wilson in tact from that beast Aaron Donald & the others for a few more seconds.

5. San Francisco 49ers - another divisional opponent that was a tough out until two seasons ago. I knew them getting rid of Harbaugh would set them back. Kaep is overrated as heck & I'm glad to see him losing his starting QB spot to Blaine Gabbert. He was a glorified running QB with questionable throwing mechanics & couldn't read defenses. If you took away his running prowess, you always had a chance to beat him & San Fran. It doesn't matter who they put out there as the Seahawks should get two easy wins off them with Chip Kelly at the helm. I was so happy that the Ravens beat the 49ers in SB47 as it would've been hard to bear with their fans. In one way I feel bad for them as they were talented & rivalry games were great to watch. Watching a lot of their players retire or request being out was one of the craziest things I've seen in NFL offseason history.

Return to The General NFL Board