14%

Total votes: 22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,685

Re: AFC West 

Post#41 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:29 pm

Interesting video on the difference in the Chargers offense with or without Keenan Allen

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#42 » by bwgood77 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:37 am

Read on Twitter
OnceUponADime
Senior
And1: 399

Post#43 » by OnceUponADime » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:33 am

I think the Chargers should trade for Alshon Jeffrey. I'm sure Chicago wants to reset and rebuild with more picks.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#44 » by bwgood77 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:48 am

OnceUponADime wrote:I think the Chargers should trade for Alshon Jeffrey. I'm sure Chicago wants to reset and rebuild with more picks.

I think Tyrell Williams will step up. I can't see Jeffrey getting traded, though I'd welcome him. Chargers do well getting receivers who have shown talent but played with crap qbs, like Stevie Johnson, and like Travis Benjamin. And that one guy we had a year or two ago from KC (I think) who suddenly played much better than he had the previous couple of years.
OnceUponADime
Senior

Post#45 » by OnceUponADime » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:28 am

bwgood77 wrote:
OnceUponADime wrote:I think the Chargers should trade for Alshon Jeffrey. I'm sure Chicago wants to reset and rebuild with more picks.

I think Tyrell Williams will step up. I can't see Jeffrey getting traded, though I'd welcome him. Chargers do well getting receivers who have shown talent but played with crap qbs, like Stevie Johnson, and like Travis Benjamin. And that one guy we had a year or two ago from KC (I think) who suddenly played much better than he had the previous couple of years.

You must be thinking about Denario Alexander who came over from the Rams. He was a 6'5 reciever who was good but like Allen, very injury prone.

Stevie Johnson was somewhat of a disappointment to me last season.

After KA went down, Rivers was horrible last season. I wonder if that will repeat again this season.

Read on Twitter
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#46 » by bwgood77 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:33 am

OnceUponADime wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

You must be thinking about Denario Alexander who came over from the Rams. He was a 6'5 reciever who was good but like Allen, very injury prone.

After KA went down, Rivers was horrible last season. I wonder if that will repeat again this season.

Read on Twitter

Yes, I saw that Berry post and think I posted it in this thread a few posts again after another tweet above it. Some of that had to do with the line though, which is much improved. But Keenan and his ability to get those short routes (5 yard passes that turn into 10) on third down would have saved the Chargers yesterday. Gordon looked good though. Not sure why he didn't play much in second half.
OnceUponADime
Senior

Post#47 » by OnceUponADime » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:20 am

bwgood77 wrote:
OnceUponADime wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Yes, I saw that Berry post and think I posted it in this thread a few posts again after another tweet above it. Some of that had to do with the line though, which is much improved. But Keenan and his ability to get those short routes (5 yard passes that turn into 10) on third down would have saved the Chargers yesterday. Gordon looked good though. Not sure why he didn't play much in second half.

Gordon should have got more carries in the second half but as usual Mike McCoy went away from what was working and had Woodhead in instead a lot.

This is may be McCoy's last year with the Chargers if they miss playoffs again despite having a top QB like Rivers.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#48 » by El Turco » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:29 am

chiefs looked terrible and raiders have major secondary issues, it is broncos to lose again
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Post#49 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:17 pm

Its just week 1. Lets all pump the breaks. We will have a better idea about week 4 when things play out a bit.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#50 » by bleu » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:44 am

I'm not ready to jump off the Chiefs train just yet. Yeah, they had an awful first half. But they played very well in the second half and won the game. I still think the Chiefs win the division, but the Broncos get in as a wild card.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#51 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:42 pm

I'll tell ya what. Raiders defense has some major issues. They might be young and have some nice studs on offense, but their defense is just horrendous. 34 points per game and 517 yards per game. Won't get it done.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#52 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:24 pm

bleu wrote:I'm not ready to jump off the Chiefs train just yet. Yeah, they had an awful first half. But they played very well in the second half and won the game. I still think the Chiefs win the division, but the Broncos get in as a wild card.

After seeing the Chargers the past 2 weeks, I don't think we can over look them. Their defense is a lot healthier than last year and have they added some nice pieces. I think Philip Rivers is going to have a monster year. The loss of Allen was huge but I think Benjamin and this Tyrell Williams kid, will more than make up for it. And Dexter McCluster, who was just signed, is another Danny Woodhead with a lot more speed. I think San Diego is going to make some serious noise, but its just a feeling and my opinion.
Raiders giving up 34 points a game and 517 yards per game is not a good sign.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#53 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:37 pm

Very nice bounce back win by the Chiefs. With the Jets having 10 days to get ready for this game, Kansas City made quite a statement to a team that thinks its up and coming. Poor Jet fans, lol. So now the Chiefs have won 12 of their last 13 regular season games. But my ex lover, Ernie says there not going anywhere after last week's loss.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect
And1: 76

Post#54 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:43 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Very nice bounce back win by the Chiefs. With the Jets having 10 days to get ready for this game, Kansas City made quite a statement to a team that thinks its up and coming. Poor Jet fans, lol. So now the Chiefs have won 12 of their last 13 regular season games. But my ex lover, Ernie says there not going anywhere after last week's loss.

the Jets injury report was a laundry list before the game. They were obviously losing.

This game was just two sub par teams going at it. KC wont matter when it counts like they always havent. Last weeks loss had nothing to do with it.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#55 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:15 pm

ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Very nice bounce back win by the Chiefs. With the Jets having 10 days to get ready for this game, Kansas City made quite a statement to a team that thinks its up and coming. Poor Jet fans, lol. So now the Chiefs have won 12 of their last 13 regular season games. But my ex lover, Ernie says there not going anywhere after last week's loss.

the Jets injury report was a laundry list before the game. They were obviously losing.

This game was just two sub par teams going at it. KC wont matter when it counts like they always havent. Last weeks loss had nothing to do with it.

Even after like 4 or 5 turnovers the Jets had it in scoring position down 17-3 and threw another int off a tipped ball. I've never seen more turnovers in my life. KC has to be one of the more fortunate teams I have watched. Over the last two years I've seen countless wins by KC and Denver because they other team just made a dumb turnover or more late (and not just because the KC/DEN D forced it). I mean SD handed them the game in week one, and of course losing Keenan Allen before half time didn't help.

KC often over the years is a very good regular season team but if they happen to get into the playoffs, they rarely can get further. It just comes down to teams that are well coached but play above their talent, which gets them into the playoffs, and then they lose because of the opposition have more talent. The Chiefs were like this under Marty for years (so were the Browns under Marty) and now under Reid (as was Philly). People often complain about Marty and Andy being bad coaches, but it is kind of the opposite imo. They are good coaches and they get blamed in the playoffs because they usually end up facing superior talent.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#56 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:23 pm

San Diego Chargers inside linebacker Manti Te'o tore his Achilles tendon Sunday and will require season-ending surgery, sources told ESPN on Monday.

San Diego's defensive playcaller and co-captain, the Notre Dame product had big expectations for the 2016 season.

Te'o is the third San Diego player to tear an Achilles this season, joining running back Branden Oliver and tight end Jeff Cumberland.

The Chargers also lost running back Danny Woodhead, receiver Keenan Allen and receiver Stevie Johnson to season-ending knee injuries.

Crazy

From Eric Williams, ESPN.. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17643168/san-diego-chargers-lb-manti-teo-season-torn-achilles
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#57 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:07 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
ErnieDiGregorio wrote:

Even after like 4 or 5 turnovers the Jets had it in scoring position down 17-3 and threw another int off a tipped ball. I've never seen more turnovers in my life. KC has to be one of the more fortunate teams I have watched. Over the last two years I've seen countless wins by KC and Denver because they other team just made a dumb turnover or more late (and not just because the KC/DEN D forced it). I mean SD handed them the game in week one, and of course losing Keenan Allen before half time didn't help.

KC often over the years is a very good regular season team but if they happen to get into the playoffs, they rarely can get further. It just comes down to teams that are well coached but play above their talent, which gets them into the playoffs, and then they lose because of the opposition have more talent. The Chiefs were like this under Marty for years (so were the Browns under Marty) and now under Reid (as was Philly). People often complain about Marty and Andy being bad coaches, but it is kind of the opposite imo. They are good coaches and they get blamed in the playoffs because they usually end up facing superior talent.

That's what the Jets get for choosing Ryan Fitzpatrick.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

AFC West 

Post#58 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:53 pm

Couldn't find the AFC West thread we had so I started another. So far I find the AFC West the most intriguing, most exciting, most interesting and best division in football this year. A lot of crazy stuff happening in this division and will probably go down to the final week of the season before we determine who the actually winner will be. A situation here and there could easily tip the scales in this division.
Stoked
Senior
And1: 358

Post#59 » by Stoked » Sat Oct 1, 2016 11:26 pm

Lots of sleeping on the Broncos. Their pass rush is still the best in the league and an elite secondary.

Also the offense is better this year than last. No longer a mashed up offensive scheme to accommodate a crippled Manning.

3-0 and heading into TB with a full head of steam.

Also this Broncos team takes the note of naysayers and wants to prove them wrong.

Miller is a lead candidate for DPOY.

Broncos will win the division and be in the playoffs (obviously is they are winning the division).

The AFC West is the strongest division in the league IMO. Chargers and Raiders are better and the Chiefs are already good.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#60 » by bwgood77 » Sun Oct 2, 2016 3:42 am

Stoked wrote:Lots of sleeping on the Broncos. Their pass rush is still the best in the league and an elite secondary.

Also the offense is better this year than last. No longer a mashed up offensive scheme to accommodate a crippled Manning.

3-0 and heading into TB with a full head of steam.

Also this Broncos team takes the note of naysayers and wants to prove them wrong.

Miller is a lead candidate for DPOY.

Broncos will win the division and be in the playoffs (obviously is they are winning the division).

The AFC West is the strongest division in the league IMO. Chargers and Raiders are better and the Chiefs are already good.

I agree Denver is elite...you will see I posted that elsewhere. SD should have beat KC in KC in the first game, but due to a Keenan Allen injury and a little misfortune they lost a big lead, though not a game they were expected to win anyway. Chargers blow too many games, so they better take care of the Saints this week.

It would be nice to see them stay in the hunt this year even if they don't make the playoffs because that is what makes every week in the NFL exciting for me...knowing there is still a chance at postseason play (unlike college football if you lose a couple of games unless you consider bowl games the postseason and not a consolation).

Return to The General NFL Board