Redskins
5%

Total votes: 40

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,336

Re: NFC East 

Post#2221 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:11 pm

If Dak is wanting or commanding 60 mill per year that is really something you have to think about.
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 328

Post#2222 » by QB_Eagles » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:46 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Jerry needs a new plan to convince Cowboy Nation to drink the cool aid for the next 2 years.

Buy the Chiefs and switch rosters?

Just kidding, Cowboys fans will always drink the kool-aid.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,482

Post#2223 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:00 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:No, they would take Maye.

So it’s your opinion that a team on the verge of winning (only needs a good QB) would rather take the chance that a rookie QB than adding an All Pro QB in his prime? That’s what you’re saying?

Teams are going to put more value on the younger QB, playing on a rookie contract. There's high value in that.

Maye is a very good prospect. It would probably be in his best interest to sit for a year & get acclimated. But he's a better QB prospect than a lot of guys who have come out recently. Justin Herbert is the name that is mostly associated with him. But I think he's a better prospect than Herbert was coming out.

If you're trading for Dak, you also have to factor in the money that he'll be making & how it will impact the cap. It's not a secret that having a good starting QB on a rookie deal can be a massive advantage for teams.

Dak also hasn't proven that he can win the big games when it truly matters. Teams will take the chance on the younger QB. They'd be foolish not to.

It's why I've been saying that Jerry should pull the trigger & draft a QB to replace Dak. His value now will never be higher.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#2224 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:12 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Jerry needs a new plan to convince Cowboy Nation to drink the cool aid for the next 2 years.

Buy the Chiefs and switch rosters?

Just kidding, Cowboys fans will always drink the kool-aid.

Not sure there is enough cool aid for Micah these days. He's been very quiet since things went sour on his boy. :thinking: :D If I don't hear from him soon I might have to send the paramedic's over to check on him. :wink:
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,060

Post#2225 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:29 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:No, they would take Maye.

So it’s your opinion that a team on the verge of winning (only needs a good QB) would rather take the chance that a rookie QB than adding an All Pro QB in his prime? That’s what you’re saying?

Teams are going to put more value on the younger QB, playing on a rookie contract. There's high value in that.

Maye is a very good prospect. It would probably be in his best interest to sit for a year & get acclimated. But he's a better QB prospect than a lot of guys who have come out recently. Justin Herbert is the name that is mostly associated with him. But I think he's a better prospect than Herbert was coming out.

If you're trading for Dak, you also have to factor in the money that he'll be making & how it will impact the cap. It's not a secret that having a good starting QB on a rookie deal can be a massive advantage for teams.

Dak also hasn't proven that he can win the big games when it truly matters. Teams will take the chance on the younger QB. They'd be foolish not to.

It's why I've been saying that Jerry should pull the trigger & draft a QB to replace Dak. His value now will never be higher.

Again I point to Kirk Cousins who is 36, coming off an achillies injury, and also hasn’t won anything in his career. He just got $45M+. You may have 1 or 2 teams that would prefer the rookie contract however the vast majority would prefer the All Pro QB. Dak is a known commodity. Everyone has seen him play and everyone knows he’s a good QB. We have no idea what Drake Maye is going to be. Very few teams with SB aspirations would gamble on a rookie QB to lead them there when they have a shot at acquiring an All Pro QB in his prime.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#2226 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:38 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:So it’s your opinion that a team on the verge of winning (only needs a good QB) would rather take the chance that a rookie QB than adding an All Pro QB in his prime? That’s what you’re saying?

Again I point to Kirk Cousins who is 36, coming off an achillies injury, and also hasn’t won anything in his career. He just got $45M+. You may have 1 or 2 teams that would prefer the rookie contract however the vast majority would prefer the All Pro QB. Dak is a known commodity. Everyone has seen him play and everyone knows he’s a good QB. We have no idea what Drake Maye is going to be. Very few teams with SB aspirations would gamble on a rookie QB to lead them there when they have a shot at acquiring an All Pro QB in his prime.

O.K. Micah. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#2227 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:44 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:So it’s your opinion that a team on the verge of winning (only needs a good QB) would rather take the chance that a rookie QB than adding an All Pro QB in his prime? That’s what you’re saying?

If Atlanta had a top 3 pick, they would choose Maye. Same applies to any other team.

The Falcons signed Cousins because they knew that was their best option at upgrading the position. But they would take a young QB (Caleb, Maye, Daniels) on a rookie contract if they had the choice.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#2228 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:48 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Teams are going to put more value on the younger QB, playing on a rookie contract. There's high value in that.

O.K. Micah. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn’t say anything that was false.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#2229 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:51 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Teams are going to put more value on the younger QB, playing on a rookie contract. There's high value in that.

If Atlanta had a top 3 pick, they would choose Maye. Same applies to any other team.

The Falcons signed Cousins because they knew that was their best option at upgrading the position. But they would take a young QB (Caleb, Maye, Daniels) on a rookie contract if they had the choice.

The Falcons have the #8 pick in the draft. If they wanted to get into the top 3 to draft a QB they could do it pretty easily. They chose to go for the veteran QB that puts up huge numbers. GM’s lose their jobs all the time for missing on QB’s high in the draft. They would gladly take an All Pro QB in his prime over a rookie.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#2230 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:13 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:Again I point to Kirk Cousins who is 36, coming off an achillies injury, and also hasn’t won anything in his career. He just got $45M+. You may have 1 or 2 teams that would prefer the rookie contract however the vast majority would prefer the All Pro QB. Dak is a known commodity. Everyone has seen him play and everyone knows he’s a good QB. We have no idea what Drake Maye is going to be. Very few teams with SB aspirations would gamble on a rookie QB to lead them there when they have a shot at acquiring an All Pro QB in his prime.

The Falcons have the #8 pick in the draft. If they wanted to get into the top 3 to draft a QB they could do it pretty easily. They chose to go for the veteran QB that puts up huge numbers. GM’s lose their jobs all the time for missing on QB’s high in the draft. They would gladly take an All Pro QB in his prime over a rookie.

Except all three of those teams need a QB. The expectation is that Washington & New England will take one. Maybe they thought the cost was too high.

The most logical thing to do is to draft a QB if you're Washington or New England. Atlanta would essentially be settling for the 4th or 5th QB at that point.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,413

Post#2231 » by DOT » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:35 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:If Atlanta had a top 3 pick, they would choose Maye. Same applies to any other team.

Except all three of those teams need a QB. The expectation is that Washington & New England will take one. Maybe they thought the cost was too high.

The most logical thing to do is to draft a QB if you're Washington or New England. Atlanta would essentially be settling for the 4th or 5th QB at that point.

Honestly, I can convince myself pretty easily if I were New England that taking Marvin Harrison Jr. and punting on a QB could be the better option.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#2232 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:39 pm

DOT wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:The Falcons have the #8 pick in the draft. If they wanted to get into the top 3 to draft a QB they could do it pretty easily. They chose to go for the veteran QB that puts up huge numbers. GM’s lose their jobs all the time for missing on QB’s high in the draft. They would gladly take an All Pro QB in his prime over a rookie.

Honestly, I can convince myself pretty easily if I were New England that taking Marvin Harrison Jr. and punting on a QB could be the better option.

I think you have to take one of the QB's or trade the pick. They need more picks to rebuild that team. Similar to what Arizona was able to accomplish last year. If you're not sold on a QB, then sell to the highest bidder.

MHJ by himself, is not going to fix that team. He's not even the best WR talent in this class imo.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,413

Post#2233 » by DOT » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:52 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:I think you have to take one of the QB's or trade the pick. They need more picks to rebuild that team. Similar to what Arizona was able to accomplish last year. If you're not sold on a QB, then sell to the highest bidder.

MHJ by himself, is not going to fix that team. He's not even the best WR talent in this class imo.

I mean, I was just talking no trade down

I think I'd take a Minnesota package of their 2 1sts and try and squeeze a future 1st out of them if I were New England before anything else. I'm not really sold on any of the QBs, but to be fair I haven't really done much looking to be sold on cause, well obviously I'm not really watching QB film as a Jags fan.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Mariner
Senior
And1: 108

Post#2234 » by Mariner » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:33 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:

You are probably right 8 or 9 times out of 10.
But all it takes is one.
Mariner
Senior

Post#2235 » by Mariner » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:38 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:Chicago would be stupid to turn down Ceedee for #9. Ceedee gives Caleb a legit weapon who is arguably a top 5 WR. If Dallas got that deal for Dak I don't see why you move Ceedee I mean why not pair Marvin Harrison Jr and Ceedee with Sanders or Beck if you get lucky. Again Jerry won't tank because he believes Dallas is the only football team

Ceedee is a really good player. But I would never entertain that sort of deal. You're going to get a great player at 9. There's a good chance that either Odunze or Bowers falls to that spot.

Would I entertain it some other year? Maybe. But this draft is loaded with blue chip guys in that range. Nabers, Odunze, Bowers.

The cost of paying CD ($30+Mil) just isn't worth it in my mind. I'd take the young stud on a cheap rookie deal, every time.

That’s what the titans thought when they traded Brown.
Let’s draft his replacement and get about 75 percent of his production at a fraction of cost.
It’s not always that easy.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#2236 » by Mr B » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:42 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:If Atlanta had a top 3 pick, they would choose Maye. Same applies to any other team.

New England has been trying to trade their pick for a while. If Atlanta wanted that pick though could have had it.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#2237 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:00 am

Mariner wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:Chicago would be stupid to turn down Ceedee for #9. Ceedee gives Caleb a legit weapon who is arguably a top 5 WR. If Dallas got that deal for Dak I don't see why you move Ceedee I mean why not pair Marvin Harrison Jr and Ceedee with Sanders or Beck if you get lucky. Again Jerry won't tank because he believes Dallas is the only football team

Ceedee is a really good player. But I would never entertain that sort of deal. You're going to get a great player at 9. There's a good chance that either Odunze or Bowers falls to that spot.

Would I entertain it some other year? Maybe. But this draft is loaded with blue chip guys in that range. Nabers, Odunze, Bowers.

The cost of paying CD ($30+Mil) just isn't worth it in my mind. I'd take the young stud on a cheap rookie deal, every time.

Let’s draft his replacement and get about 75 percent of his production at a fraction of cost.

Treylon Burks was a borderline 1st rounder, who was overdrafted. I was a skeptic of him from the beginning. He was not a slam dunk to pan out.

Odunze & Nabers are about as can't miss as you can get. Both would be the first WR taken in most drafts. If you have a chance to grab one of them, you do it.
Mariner
Senior

Post#2238 » by Mariner » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:57 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mariner wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Ceedee is a really good player. But I would never entertain that sort of deal. You're going to get a great player at 9. There's a good chance that either Odunze or Bowers falls to that spot.

Treylon Burks was a borderline 1st rounder, who was overdrafted. I was a skeptic of him from the beginning. He was not a slam dunk to pan out.

Odunze & Nabers are about as can't miss as you can get. Both would be the first WR taken in most drafts. If you have a chance to grab one of them, you do it.

Sure this year might be an exception. But there is always risk trading a blue chip commodity in the hopes that the replacement will be close to that production.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#2239 » by Mr B » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:04 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#2240 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:09 am

Mr B wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg

Jerry looks like he just got off his yacht after a 3 day S & M party and forgot to take out his anal beads.

Return to The General NFL Board