Redskins
5%

Total votes: 40

QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 326

Re: NFC East 

Post#2061 » by QB_Eagles » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:44 pm

Mr B wrote:I think we already established that Zeke’s contract was a massive over pay and was a terrible contract. Especially because he was never as good as he was before he signed the contract. His play decreased every year after he signed that deal. So comparing Saquon’s contract to Zeke’s is just bad all the way around.

You’re comparing apples to oranges anyways. The market for RB’s is different than it was when Zeke was signed. Paying over market value for an injury prone RB is not a smart thing to do.

Not extending Zeke was a very controversial opinion at the time. You're judging the contract from hindsight.

Like I said the RB market is a joke so even if Barkley spends all his time on IR they "overpaid" by $26 million, which doesn't even pay half a year of Dak.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,465

Post#2062 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:57 pm

Mr B wrote:
SurfAndTurf wrote:Will this be the year NY and Washington gain ground on Dallas and Philly ? If they had stability at the QB position I would say yes . It’s gonna be hard for Dallas to be better than last season because of the cap issues . Right now Duece is the best RB on the roster . They have no center . No LT and it doesn’t look like the rush defense will be getting better any time soon . It could be worse . Philly still has major major problems at LB and in the secondary . I would say it doesnt look like that will be fixed any time soon but Howie will at least try with some splash signings . But bloods in the water for the other 2 teams for sure .

The NFC East having a different winner should definitely continue this coming season. There’s an outside chance Washington wins the division if they draft the right QB.

If Washington drafts Jayden Daniels, they all of a sudden will be a real pain in the ass to deal with. They'll be on the upswing.

The Giants are still kind of a mess. But maybe they get a QB too?
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Post#2063 » by last stand » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:19 pm

Mr B wrote:
last stand wrote:
Mariner wrote:He’s getting more than what the franchise tag is for RBs. Like Zeke, I don’t think that contract is going to age well.

You think a 3 year 37 million dollar deal can age the same as a 6 year 90 million dollar deal

I’m going to say those 2 contracts aren’t capable of the same buyers remorse

If 2 guys both making 200k buy cars, one buys a great car for 24k and the other buys a great car for 100k

And the tires fall off of both

I’m going to say guy #1 is going to be a tad bit less remorseful

If saquon is great for 2 of those years, hell even one of them there’d already be a discussion on the validity of the contract

If Saquon is injury prone for those 3 years this will look like a really bad contract. Would you still be ok with the contract is Saquon plays less than 10 games a season and misses the playoffs in each of the 3 years he signed to?

Of course not. But he hasn’t played less than 13 games since 2020

Free agency is a risk. Saquon is an exciting player, he may bomb but right now it’s absurd to be anything but excited as an eagles fan.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,328

Post#2064 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:08 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
SurfAndTurf wrote:Will this be the year NY and Washington gain ground on Dallas and Philly ? If they had stability at the QB position I would say yes . It’s gonna be hard for Dallas to be better than last season because of the cap issues . Right now Duece is the best RB on the roster . They have no center . No LT and it doesn’t look like the rush defense will be getting better any time soon . It could be worse . Philly still has major major problems at LB and in the secondary . I would say it doesnt look like that will be fixed any time soon but Howie will at least try with some splash signings . But bloods in the water for the other 2 teams for sure .

The NFC East having a different winner should definitely continue this coming season. There’s an outside chance Washington wins the division if they draft the right QB.

If Washington drafts Jayden Daniels, they all of a sudden will be a real pain in the ass to deal with. They'll be on the upswing.

So are the Cowboys. :ouch:
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Post#2065 » by Mr B » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:28 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:
Mr B wrote:I think we already established that Zeke’s contract was a massive over pay and was a terrible contract. Especially because he was never as good as he was before he signed the contract. His play decreased every year after he signed that deal. So comparing Saquon’s contract to Zeke’s is just bad all the way around.

You’re comparing apples to oranges anyways. The market for RB’s is different than it was when Zeke was signed. Paying over market value for an injury prone RB is not a smart thing to do.

Not extending Zeke was a very controversial opinion at the time. You're judging the contract from hindsight.

Like I said the RB market is a joke so even if Barkley spends all his time on IR they "overpaid" by $26 million, which doesn't even pay half a year of Dak.

It doesn’t pay half a year of Hurts’ contract either. Not sure what that has to do with anything though.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#2066 » by Mr B » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:33 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I’m honestly not sure if the right QB is Daniels or Maye. I know people like to say Daniels is the better QB or will have the better career but we won’t really know that until they play. If Washington picks the right one though they could be hell to deal with.

The Giants need to figure out what they’re going to do with Daniel Jones before they go looking for another QB. I expect them to be a total train wreck this season. Everything will line up for them to hand all football control over to Bill Belichick next season (including the #1 pick).
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#2067 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:36 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:If Washington drafts Jayden Daniels, they all of a sudden will be a real pain in the ass to deal with. They'll be on the upswing.

I’m honestly not sure if the right QB is Daniels or Maye. I know people like to say Daniels is the better QB or will have the better career but we won’t really know that until they play. If Washington picks the right one though they could be hell to deal with.

The Giants need to figure out what they’re going to do with Daniel Jones before they go looking for another QB. I expect them to be a total train wreck this season. Everything will line up for them to hand all football control over to Bill Belichick next season (including the #1 pick).

It's Daniels. They brought in Kingsbury.

Maye is still a work in progress. On film, he has a lot of stuff in his game to clean up. I don't think he's ready to start year one.

The Giants could draft a QB this year (Maye or McCarthy). Have him sit & then move on from Jones a year from now. That might be for the best.
last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Post#2068 » by last stand » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:56 pm

Mr B wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:

It doesn’t pay half a year of Hurts’ contract either. Not sure what that has to do with anything though.

Not true

Jalen hurts contract counts for 13 against the cap where as Barkleys contract as of now is known at 12 a year so it’s actually the same

Daks counted as 26 against the cap last year

So eagles have Jalen hurts and Saquon Barkley playing for the price of dak
Mr B
RealGM

Post#2069 » by Mr B » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:21 pm

last stand wrote:
Mr B wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:Not extending Zeke was a very controversial opinion at the time. You're judging the contract from hindsight.

Not true

Jalen hurts contract counts for 13 against the cap where as Barkleys contract as of now is known at 12 a year so it’s actually the same

Daks counted as 26 against the cap last year

So eagles have Jalen hurts and Saquon Barkley playing for the price of dak

Mr B
RealGM

Post#2070 » by Mr B » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:23 pm

I predict the Cowboys will sign Ezekiel Elliott to a vet min deal just before the draft.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#2071 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:21 pm

Mr B wrote:I predict the Cowboys will sign Ezekiel Elliott to a vet min deal just before the draft.

Trouble maker. :wink:
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 326

Post#2072 » by QB_Eagles » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:57 pm

Mr B wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:

Well, you talked about overpaying, so I thought Dak would be a good comparison.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#2073 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:39 pm

Read on Twitter
Jaydubb
Rookie
And1: 343

Post#2074 » by Jaydubb » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:30 am

I still think CJGJ is a bit overrated, but he’s better and younger than what the eagles had before so I’m good with it. I wanna see how the contract is structured before I really judge it but it sounds like he got a pay raise after going to Detroit for a year. He wasn’t getting that last year
Jaydubb
Rookie
And1: 343

Post#2075 » by Jaydubb » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:10 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Cowboy fans predicting the eagles will regret this deal, we will see.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#2076 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:53 pm

I predicted the Cowboys should of let Prescott go 3 years ago. Now look at the mess they are in now. Nice job Jerry.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#2077 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:59 pm

Philly & Washington are improving. Cowboys are going to have some real competition this year.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#2078 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:03 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Philly & Washington are improving. Cowboys are going to have some real competition this year.

Cowboys won't be a factor in the NFC this season.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#2079 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:07 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Philly & Washington are improving. Cowboys are going to have some real competition this year.

They'll probably still win 10 or 11 games. Too much talent. But they're likely a wildcard team at this point. The Eagles look like the best team on paper.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#2080 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:08 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

They'll probably still win 10 or 11 games. Too much talent. But they're likely a wildcard team at this point. The Eagles look like the best team on paper.

Your being too kind saying we will win 10 or 11 games. :lol: I don't see it.

Return to The General NFL Board