5%

Total votes: 40

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Re: NFC East 

Post#2181 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:28 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:Trade Dak for #3? Draft Marvin Harrison Jr at #3.

Trade CeeDee for #9 & #75. Then draft best available Tackle

Trade #24 & #56 to trade up to draft Graham Barton

They would have to go at least 1 season with Trey Lance as the starter. The full reset wouldn’t come until 2025 though. They would have a young stud WR and a young solid OL as a base when they go looking for their future QB.

Robert Kraft has hung up the phone lol. NE's roster is so bad. Poor OL, no weapons. Dak would be running for the hills. Trading for an expensive veteran QB is the last thing they should be doing.

I bet the Raiders might jump at Dak!!! :thinking:
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,777

Post#2182 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:08 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

They would have to go at least 1 season with Trey Lance as the starter. The full reset wouldn’t come until 2025 though. They would have a young stud WR and a young solid OL as a base when they go looking for their future QB.

Robert Kraft has hung up the phone lol. NE's roster is so bad. Poor OL, no weapons. Dak would be running for the hills. Trading for an expensive veteran QB is the last thing they should be doing.

Very funny! No thanks!
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,482

Post#2183 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:12 am

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Robert Kraft has hung up the phone lol. NE's roster is so bad. Poor OL, no weapons. Dak would be running for the hills. Trading for an expensive veteran QB is the last thing they should be doing.

Very funny! No thanks!

:lol:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,054

NFC East 

Post#2184 » by Mr B » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:19 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Ok let’s say it the Raiders.

Trade Dak for #13 and #44. Draft OT Taliese Fuaga at #13.

Trade CeeDee for #17 and #48. Draft DT Byron Murphy at #17.

Draft C Jackson Powers-Johnson at 24. Draft LB Edgerrin Cooper at #44. Draft RB Jonathan Brooks at #48. Draft LB Junior Colson at #56. Going heavy at LB allows Parsons to remain an Edge or it also allows them to trade him.
Mariner
Senior
And1: 108

Post#2185 » by Mariner » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:05 am

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Robert Kraft has hung up the phone lol. NE's roster is so bad. Poor OL, no weapons. Dak would be running for the hills. Trading for an expensive veteran QB is the last thing they should be doing.

Draft C Jackson Powers-Johnson at 24. Draft LB Edgerrin Cooper at #44. Draft RB Jonathan Brooks at #48. Draft LB Junior Colson at #56. Going heavy at LB allows Parsons to remain an Edge or it also allows them to trade him.

I like your scenarios but I wouldn’t trade Lamb.
If Dak is gone then money won’t be a problem moving forward. I do like the idea of getting a left tackle and a center to go with Smith and Martin.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,777

Post#2186 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:38 am

I want the Raiders to draft Taliese Fuaga!
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#2187 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:24 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Now I love that !!!! :cuddle :kiss
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#2188 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:29 pm

Mariner wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I bet the Raiders might jump at Dak!!! :thinking:

If Dak is gone then money won’t be a problem moving forward. I do like the idea of getting a left tackle and a center to go with Smith and Martin.

What's the point of keeping Lamb and making him the highest paid WR on a suckie team not going anywhere the next two years? Now is the best time to trade Lamb while his value right now is through the roof.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#2189 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:33 pm

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Very funny! No thanks!

Really wasn't trying to be funny. I saw a couple mock drafts about a week ago. A few of them had your Raiders considering a trade with the Cowboys for Dak Prescott. I think its a great idea. :party:
Mariner
Senior
And1: 108

Post#2190 » by Mariner » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:26 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mariner wrote:
Mr B wrote:Ok let’s say it the Raiders.

What's the point of keeping Lamb and making him the highest paid WR on a suckie team not going anywhere the next two years? Now is the best time to trade Lamb while his value right now is through the roof.

This team doesn’t need a total rebuild. It’s a good roster. We just need a change at QB.
Jaydubb
Rookie
And1: 351

Post#2191 » by Jaydubb » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:33 pm

Mariner wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I bet the Raiders might jump at Dak!!! :thinking:

I agree. Don’t trade lamb. I think you won’t regain the same value for him. I think trading dak is the right move because you don’t want to lose him for nothing in 2025. I think lamb has hall of fame potential, you probably aren’t going to get another guy like that any time soon.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,200

Post#2192 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:22 am

Mr B wrote:
Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:So even though we finally get him out the door the Dak effect will linger on another year. Wonderful. This has to be eating Jerry alive. Jerry knows he screwed up on that contract but will never admit it. It finally kicked in. Understand what Jerry really meant when he stated after the Packer loss, "we will only go as far as Dak takes us". He's pissed.

Daks contract is fine. It’s not his fault they restructured.
Lot of rumours of him waving his no trade clause and getting traded during the draft.
But I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

Trade Dak for #3? Draft Marvin Harrison Jr at #3.

Your not getting #3 for Dak. Dak is good in the regular season but it's a ghost in the playoffs. Why would New England who is a terrible team trade for Dak to go from 3 wins to maybe 5-6 in a hard division? All three teams 1-3 are taking QBs to build around and on cheap rookie deals.

Dak could also bolt in a year which I am sure he does and goes to a team looking for that missing QB to make a deep run. Somehow I also don't see Jerry moving Dak because he loves him like a son

Chicago would be stupid to turn down Ceedee for #9. Ceedee gives Caleb a legit weapon who is arguably a top 5 WR. If Dallas got that deal for Dak I don't see why you move Ceedee I mean why not pair Marvin Harrison Jr and Ceedee with Sanders or Beck if you get lucky. Again Jerry won't tank because he believes Dallas is the only football team
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,054

Post#2193 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:23 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Mariner wrote:Daks contract is fine. It’s not his fault they restructured.
Lot of rumours of him waving his no trade clause and getting traded during the draft.
But I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

Trade Dak for #3? Draft Marvin Harrison Jr at #3.

Your not getting #3 for Dak. Dak is good in the regular season but it's a ghost in the playoffs. Why would New England who is a terrible team trade for Dak to go from 3 wins to maybe 5-6 in a hard division? All three teams 1-3 are taking QBs to build around and on cheap rookie deals.

Dak could also bolt in a year which I am sure he does and goes to a team looking for that missing QB to make a deep run. Somehow I also don't see Jerry moving Dak because he loves him like a son

Chicago would be stupid to turn down Ceedee for #9. Ceedee gives Caleb a legit weapon who is arguably a top 5 WR. If Dallas got that deal for Dak I don't see why you move Ceedee I mean why not pair Marvin Harrison Jr and Ceedee with Sanders or Beck if you get lucky. Again Jerry won't tank because he believes Dallas is the only football team

Two words… Kirk Cousins. Kirk was highly sought after in free agency. He’s 36 and coming off an achillies injury. Dak is in his prime and healthy. If you’re a team with a high draft pick would you rather have Drake Maye or Dak Prescott?

As for the team we’ve moved on to the Raiders trading for Dak.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#2194 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:32 am

Mr B wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:

Two words… Kirk Cousins. Kirk was highly sought after in free agency. He’s 36 and coming off an achillies injury. Dak is in his prime and healthy. If you’re a team with a high draft pick would you rather have Drake Maye or Dak Prescott?

Jerry loves Dak like a son. I'd like to see where that information is coming from.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#2195 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:41 am

Mr B wrote:Two words… Kirk Cousins. Kirk was highly sought after in free agency. He’s 36 and coming off an achillies injury. Dak is in his prime and healthy. If you’re a team with a high draft pick would you rather have Drake Maye or Dak Prescott?

The vast majority of teams would take the younger QB on a rookie contract.

The teams who would want Dak are teams that need a QB to take them over the top & also don't have a high enough draft pick to grab one.

Dak would want to go to another contender.

The Raiders might be an option. But Dallas doesn't seem all that eager to pull the trigger.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,200

Post#2196 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:50 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:

Jerry loves Dak like a son. I'd like to see where that information is coming from.

If your a horrible New England team you take cap space plus the rookie QB locked up especially if your trading for a guy who is expected to want a massive new deal. New England doesn't have the pieces to make a Dak Prescott stay. No offense to any Patriot fans on this board but they probably have the worst group of wide receivers in the league. Again making it difficult for Dak to want to see it out.

Your going to have buyers out there who have money and will offer Dak a deal to help like The Raiders . You bring up Kirk Cousins it's massively different one you signed as a free agent giving up just money no draft pick especially not a top 3 and Atlanta has better pieces to help Cousins. If New England does this without a long term commitment from Dak Kraft should be fired and sell the team.

As for Dak and Jerry He's (Jones) called him the best QB he's seen since buying the team. He's defended him numerous times and said he's got no qualms or hesitation of making him the highest paid quarterback in the league. Maybe loves like a son is a poor choice of words but Jerry is convinced this Dallas team is a top 3 team in the league. His ego won't allow him to rebuild.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#2197 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:03 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:Chicago would be stupid to turn down Ceedee for #9. Ceedee gives Caleb a legit weapon who is arguably a top 5 WR. If Dallas got that deal for Dak I don't see why you move Ceedee I mean why not pair Marvin Harrison Jr and Ceedee with Sanders or Beck if you get lucky. Again Jerry won't tank because he believes Dallas is the only football team

Ceedee is a really good player. But I would never entertain that sort of deal. You're going to get a great player at 9. There's a good chance that either Odunze or Bowers falls to that spot.

Would I entertain it some other year? Maybe. But this draft is loaded with blue chip guys in that range. Nabers, Odunze, Bowers.

The cost of paying CD ($30+Mil) just isn't worth it in my mind. I'd take the young stud on a cheap rookie deal, every time.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#2198 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:17 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Two words… Kirk Cousins. Kirk was highly sought after in free agency. He’s 36 and coming off an achillies injury. Dak is in his prime and healthy. If you’re a team with a high draft pick would you rather have Drake Maye or Dak Prescott?

He's called him the best QB he's seen since buying the team. He's defended him numerous times and said he's got no qualms or hesitation of making him the highest paid quarterback in the league. Maybe loves like a son is a poor choice of words but Jerry is convinced this Dallas team is a top 3 team in the league. His ego won't allow him to rebuild.

His ego won't allow him to admit he was wrong giving that contract to Dak and he will never admit he's been a total failure for the past 29 years either. Jerry believes his team is a top 3 team because that is all he needs to say to convince the young generation Cowboy fans so that it keeps the money rolling in and the ratings up. Of course Jerry has had to defend Dak after giving him that contract 4 years ago. Again, he would have to admit he was wrong in giving that contract and all of us that know Jerry well knows that will never happen. Saying Dak is the best QB he's ever had since buying the team is so wrong on so many levels. When it comes to characters like Jerry and certain politicians, its not what they say but what they really do. Jerry is so full of **** his eyes have turned brown after 29 years.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#2199 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:20 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:Chicago would be stupid to turn down Ceedee for #9. Ceedee gives Caleb a legit weapon who is arguably a top 5 WR. If Dallas got that deal for Dak I don't see why you move Ceedee I mean why not pair Marvin Harrison Jr and Ceedee with Sanders or Beck if you get lucky. Again Jerry won't tank because he believes Dallas is the only football team

Ceedee is a really good player. But I would never entertain that sort of deal. You're going to get a really good player at 9. There's a good chance that either Odunze or Bowers falls to that spot.

Would I entertain it some other year? Maybe. But this draft is loaded with blue chip guys in that range. Nabers, Odunze, Bowers.

The cost of paying CD ($30+Mil) just isn't worth it. Give me a stud on a cheap rookie deal.

They already have D.J Moore and Keenan Allen. If the Bears are really looking for another WR, with all their picks they could easily move up a bit and take Harrison or Nabors for a much cheaper price then what C.D. Lamb will be asking for.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#2200 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:27 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Ceedee is a really good player. But I would never entertain that sort of deal. You're going to get a really good player at 9. There's a good chance that either Odunze or Bowers falls to that spot.

The cost of paying CD ($30+Mil) just isn't worth it. Give me a stud on a cheap rookie deal.

They already have D.J Moore and Keenan Allen. If the Bears are really looking for another WR, with all their picks they could easily move up a bit and take Harrison or Nabors for a much cheaper price then what C.D. Lamb will be asking for.

Even Bowers would be a nice consolation prize if they miss out on the trio of receivers. But I think either Odunze or Nabers will fall to them.

Return to The General NFL Board