Total votes: 40

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,336

Re: NFC East 

Post#2201 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:31 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Ceedee is a really good player. But I would never entertain that sort of deal. You're going to get a really good player at 9. There's a good chance that either Odunze or Bowers falls to that spot.

Would I entertain it some other year? Maybe. But this draft is loaded with blue chip guys in that range. Nabers, Odunze, Bowers.

The cost of paying CD ($30+Mil) just isn't worth it. Give me a stud on a cheap rookie deal.

They already have D.J Moore and Keenan Allen. If the Bears are really looking for another WR, with all their picks they could easily move up a bit and take Harrison or Nabors for a much cheaper price then what C.D. Lamb will be asking for.

Even Bowers would be a nice consolation prize if they miss out on the trio of receivers. But I think either Odunze or Nabers will fall to them.

I was thinking the Bears should take care of their new prize and draft one of those very good O-lineman.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,482

Post#2202 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:36 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:They already have D.J Moore and Keenan Allen. If the Bears are really looking for another WR, with all their picks they could easily move up a bit and take Harrison or Nabors for a much cheaper price then what C.D. Lamb will be asking for.

Even Bowers would be a nice consolation prize if they miss out on the trio of receivers. But I think either Odunze or Nabers will fall to them.

I was thinking the Bears should take care of their new prize and draft one of those very good O-lineman.

They could. But it would be difficult for me to pass on that trio. That's a BPA vs Need argument. I think you have go BPA in this scenario.

Nabers is a Ja'Marr Chase type of talent. Odunze is also going to be a really good player.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#2203 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:42 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Even Bowers would be a nice consolation prize if they miss out on the trio of receivers. But I think either Odunze or Nabers will fall to them.

They could. But it would be difficult for me to pass on that trio. That's a BPA vs Need argument. I think you have go BPA in this scenario.

Nabers is a Jamarr Chase type of talent. Odunze is also going to be a really good player.

All I can say is you guys living on the west coast think different. :wink:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#2204 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:45 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I was thinking the Bears should take care of their new prize and draft one of those very good O-lineman.

Nabers is a Jamarr Chase type of talent. Odunze is also going to be a really good player.

Outside of Caleb, they're the three best & most talented players in this draft imo. Would I pass that up for someone less talented at another position? Because it's deemed more of a need. That's what you have to weigh.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#2205 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:50 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:They could. But it would be difficult for me to pass on that trio. That's a BPA vs Need argument. I think you have go BPA in this scenario.

Outside of Caleb, they're the three best players in this draft imo. Would I pass that up for someone less talented at another position? Because it's deemed more of a need. That's what you have to weigh.

Well I don't have to weigh anything. I could careless what the Damn Bears do to be honest. But all the drama, head games, etc., should start picking up tomorrow. Hopefully it will pick up in here. They play rough in the basketball forum. Need to be back here.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#2206 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:56 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:All I can say is you guys living on the west coast think different. :wink:

Outside of Caleb, they're the three best players in this draft imo. Would I pass that up for someone less talented at another position? Because it's deemed more of a need. That's what you have to weigh.

Well I don't have to weigh anything. I could careless what the Damn Bears do to be honest. But all the drama, head games, etc., should start picking up tomorrow. Hopefully it will pick up in here. They play rough in the basketball forum. Need to be back here.

The Cowboys could move CD & pick up a clone of him in AD Mitchell. He's also a longhorn. So, you'd have another reason to get behind that move. :wink:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#2207 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:00 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Outside of Caleb, they're the three best players in this draft imo. Would I pass that up for someone less talented at another position? Because it's deemed more of a need. That's what you have to weigh.

The Cowboys could move CD & pick up a clone of him in AD Mitchell. He's also a longhorn. So, you'd have another reason to get behind that move. :wink:

If it was me, I get rid of them all, Dak, Lamb and Parsons.If Prescott would just wave his no trade clause. :banghead:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#2208 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:29 pm

Mr B wrote:
Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:So even though we finally get him out the door the Dak effect will linger on another year. Wonderful. This has to be eating Jerry alive. Jerry knows he screwed up on that contract but will never admit it. It finally kicked in. Understand what Jerry really meant when he stated after the Packer loss, "we will only go as far as Dak takes us". He's pissed.

Daks contract is fine. It’s not his fault they restructured.
Lot of rumours of him waving his no trade clause and getting traded during the draft.
But I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

Trade Dak for #3? Draft Marvin Harrison Jr at #3.

Trade CeeDee for #9 & #75. Then draft best available Tackle

Trade #24 & #56 to trade up to draft Graham Barton

They would have to go at least 1 season with Trey Lance as the starter. The full reset wouldn’t come until 2025 though. They would have a young stud WR and a young solid OL as a base when they go looking for their future QB.

Love the way you are thinking here. However do you really think the Cowboys have a plan at this point? Doesn't feel like it.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,061

Post#2209 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:50 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:Two words… Kirk Cousins. Kirk was highly sought after in free agency. He’s 36 and coming off an achillies injury. Dak is in his prime and healthy. If you’re a team with a high draft pick would you rather have Drake Maye or Dak Prescott?

The vast majority of teams would take the younger QB on a rookie contract.

The teams who would want Dak are teams that need a QB to take them over the top & also don't have a high enough draft pick to grab one.

Dak would want to go to another contender.

The Raiders might be an option. But Dallas doesn't seem all that eager to pull the trigger.

As you explained, that depends. Is the team in full rebuild mode? Is that where New England is now? If they are then clearly they are not the right team. Of the teams in the top 13 of the draft (since Raiders are picking 13) 8 of them would easily pick Dak over a guy like Drake May or JJ McCarthy. We are speaking hypothetically so I don’t know for sure that any of these teams actually want to trade for Dak. These are just teams that are not in full rebuild mode and are closer to being good teams if they only had a competent QB. If Dak said he would waive his no trade clause and if any of the 8 teams were serious about trading for a QB I think they would prefer Dak over a guy like Drake Maye.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#2210 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:55 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:Two words… Kirk Cousins. Kirk was highly sought after in free agency. He’s 36 and coming off an achillies injury. Dak is in his prime and healthy. If you’re a team with a high draft pick would you rather have Drake Maye or Dak Prescott?

The teams who would want Dak are teams that need a QB to take them over the top & also don't have a high enough draft pick to grab one.

The Raiders might be an option. But Dallas doesn't seem all that eager to pull the trigger.

As you explained, that depends. Is the team in full rebuild mode? Is that where New England is now? If they are then clearly they are not the right team. Of the teams in the top 13 of the draft (since Raiders are picking 13) 8 of them would easily pick Dak over a guy like Drake May or JJ McCarthy. We are speaking hypothetically so I don’t know for sure that any of these teams actually want to trade for Dak. These are just teams that are not in full rebuild mode and are closer to being good teams if they only had a competent QB. If Dak said he would waive his no trade clause and if any of the 8 teams were serious about trading for a QB I think they would prefer Dak over a guy like Drake Maye.

I keep hearing rumors the Raiders are serious about possibly taking a chance on Dak. I would love it if this was really to happen !!! :nod:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#2211 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:56 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

As for the team we’ve moved on to the Raiders trading for Dak.

Jerry loves Dak like a son. I'd like to see where that information is coming from.

If your a horrible New England team you take cap space plus the rookie QB locked up especially if your trading for a guy who is expected to want a massive new deal. New England doesn't have the pieces to make a Dak Prescott stay. No offense to any Patriot fans on this board but they probably have the worst group of wide receivers in the league. Again making it difficult for Dak to want to see it out.

Your going to have buyers out there who have money and will offer Dak a deal to help like The Raiders . You bring up Kirk Cousins it's massively different one you signed as a free agent giving up just money no draft pick especially not a top 3 and Atlanta has better pieces to help Cousins. If New England does this without a long term commitment from Dak Kraft should be fired and sell the team.

As for Dak and Jerry He's (Jones) called him the best QB he's seen since buying the team. He's defended him numerous times and said he's got no qualms or hesitation of making him the highest paid quarterback in the league. Maybe loves like a son is a poor choice of words but Jerry is convinced this Dallas team is a top 3 team in the league. His ego won't allow him to rebuild.

If the Raiders decided that they want to pursue Dak in the off season and just pay him instead of trading for him what do you think they would do if the Vikings hinted that they also plan to pursue Dak Prescott in the off season? You don’t think the Raiders might be inclined to trade for Dak instead of letting him hit the open market risking that he’ll sign with the Vikings instead?
Jaydubb
Rookie
And1: 351

Post#2212 » by Jaydubb » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:57 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:The vast majority of teams would take the younger QB on a rookie contract.

I keep hearing rumors the Raiders are serious about possibly taking a chance on Dak. I would love it if this was really to happen !!! :nod:

The raiders are one of the dumbest teams in the NFL. I can totally picture them trading for dak
Mr B
RealGM

Post#2213 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:00 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Outside of Caleb, they're the three best players in this draft imo. Would I pass that up for someone less talented at another position? Because it's deemed more of a need. That's what you have to weigh.

One of the latest rumors is Dallas drafting Mitchell at 24 and pairing him with Lamb.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#2214 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:01 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Mariner wrote:Daks contract is fine. It’s not his fault they restructured.
Lot of rumours of him waving his no trade clause and getting traded during the draft.
But I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

Trade Dak for #3? Draft Marvin Harrison Jr at #3.

They would have to go at least 1 season with Trey Lance as the starter. The full reset wouldn’t come until 2025 though. They would have a young stud WR and a young solid OL as a base when they go looking for their future QB.

Love the way you are thinking here. However do you really think the Cowboys have a plan at this point? Doesn't feel like it.

They have no plan. The only plan is to make the Jones’ more money. If they win cool but that’s not the goal.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#2215 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:02 pm

Mr B wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Jerry loves Dak like a son. I'd like to see where that information is coming from.

If your a horrible New England team you take cap space plus the rookie QB locked up especially if your trading for a guy who is expected to want a massive new deal. New England doesn't have the pieces to make a Dak Prescott stay. No offense to any Patriot fans on this board but they probably have the worst group of wide receivers in the league. Again making it difficult for Dak to want to see it out.

Your going to have buyers out there who have money and will offer Dak a deal to help like The Raiders . You bring up Kirk Cousins it's massively different one you signed as a free agent giving up just money no draft pick especially not a top 3 and Atlanta has better pieces to help Cousins. If New England does this without a long term commitment from Dak Kraft should be fired and sell the team.

As for Dak and Jerry He's (Jones) called him the best QB he's seen since buying the team. He's defended him numerous times and said he's got no qualms or hesitation of making him the highest paid quarterback in the league. Maybe loves like a son is a poor choice of words but Jerry is convinced this Dallas team is a top 3 team in the league. His ego won't allow him to rebuild.

If the Raiders decided that they want to pursue Dak in the off season and just pay him instead of trading for him what do you think they would do if the Vikings hinted that they also plan to pursue Dak Prescott in the off season? You don’t think the Raiders might be inclined to trade for Dak instead of letting him hit the open market risking that he’ll sign with the Vikings instead?

I've heard from a few sources that this trade is a possible blockbuster move for Thursday night. Cowboys still have to pay Dak's salary regardless so the Raiders would be getting Dak on the cheap this year. Like the Steelers with Wilson this year. Then after the season they can work out their own terms.
I'm also hearing both the Broncos and Vikings are working hard on New England for the #3 pick. I'm sure QB is on their minds.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#2216 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:06 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Trade Dak for #3? Draft Marvin Harrison Jr at #3.

They have no plan. The only plan is to make the Jones’ more money. If they win cool but that’s not the goal.

Jerry needs a new plan to convince Cowboy Nation to drink the cool aid for the next 2 years.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#2217 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:12 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

No, they would take Maye.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#2218 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:16 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Well I don't have to weigh anything. I could careless what the Damn Bears do to be honest. But all the drama, head games, etc., should start picking up tomorrow. Hopefully it will pick up in here. They play rough in the basketball forum. Need to be back here.

One of the latest rumors is Dallas drafting Mitchell at 24 and pairing him with Lamb.

Interesting. If that rumor is true, Dak has to see the writing on the wall by now !!!!!!!!!! :D
Mr B
RealGM

Post#2219 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:03 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:

I've heard from a few sources that this trade is a possible blockbuster move for Thursday night. Cowboys still have to pay Dak's salary regardless so the Raiders would be getting Dak on the cheap this year. Like the Steelers with Wilson this year. Then after the season they can work out their own terms.
I'm also hearing both the Broncos and Vikings are working hard on New England for the #3 pick. I'm sure QB is on their minds.

I’ll believe it when I see it.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#2220 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:05 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:The vast majority of teams would take the younger QB on a rookie contract.

No, they would take Maye.

So it’s your opinion that a team on the verge of winning (only needs a good QB) would rather take the chance that a rookie QB than adding an All Pro QB in his prime? That’s what you’re saying?

Return to The General NFL Board