Post#2 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:14 pm

Wentz, Jimmy G, Prescott, Semien, Brissett
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Re: Young QBs 

Post#3 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:20 pm

Prescott, Jimmy G, Siemian, Brisswtt & Rintz.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,453

Post#4 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:24 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Prescott, Jimmy G, Siemian, Brisswtt & Rintz.

I'm shocked you have Dakota rated so low. lol
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#5 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:38 pm

He wears that pukie green jersey that should be banned from the NFL.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,477

Post#6 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:13 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:He wears that pukie green jersey that should be banned from the NFL.

By the way, why are you a Celtics and Bruins fan but not a Red Sox and Pats fan?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#7 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:21 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:He wears that pukie green jersey that should be banned from the NFL.

By the way, why are you a Celtics and Bruins fan but not a Red Sox and Pats fan?

Celtics, Cardinals, Cowboys, North Carolina, what do these teams have in common? :wink:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#8 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:34 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Celtics, Cardinals, Cowboys, North Carolina, what do these teams have in common? :wink:

Well I realized they are all long time historic teams, but most people from Boston are fierce Red Sox fans and most claim to be long term Patriots fans at this point.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#9 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:14 pm

bwgood77 wrote:

NBA when I was a kid was my favorite sport. John Havlicek was one of my childhood idols so that one is easy to figure out. I wasn't a hockey fan back then but I was a Bobby Orr fan so that kinda fell in place for me quite easily. The first summer I went to basketball camp in 1972, all everyone talked about there was Dean Smith and Phil Ford. All lessons, film etc., were almost all about Dean Smith. so I always started to read up on them, watch what games I could see and that's how that began.
The Red Sox and Patsy's are a different story. Despite most of my family and everyone around me at that time all being Red Sox fans, I just never liked them. Only player I ever really liked was Fred Lynn. I was always a huge Bob Gibson fan. And the Yawkey's were horrible owners anyway. Every year, it was choke after choke. I was always so busy in the summers anyways. I was very active in many sports programs and spent all my free time fly fishing and camping. Never paid all that much attention to baseball till I go older.
During the 70's I didn't know the Patriots had a team (LOL) till we were able to get cable in the mid to late 70's. Till we got cable in Northern Maine, all we had was one CBS affiliate. Back then CBS had the NFC and the local game was always the Giants and because of the unbelievable ratings, the Cowboys were the double header game almost every week. Quite a few Cowboy fans here in Maine and even a bigger **** load of Giant fans as well. Even when there was opportunity after cable, not much was ever said or talked about in regards to the Patriots. Outside of a couple miracle years, the Patriots were pretty much irrelevant for the first 43 years of their existence. Patriot fans today have a hard time accepting their history prior to 2002.
Lets just say the holidays get very interesting in my family. I'm a die hard Cowboy fan surrounded by tons of Giant and Patriot fans. And my uncle is a Dolphin fan. I think I'll focus on him this year, lol.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#10 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:19 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Well I realized they are all long time historic teams, but most people from Boston are fierce Red Sox fans and most claim to be long term Patriots fans at this point.

I'm not from Boston, despite living there for a short period of time back in the late 80's. I'm actually from Maine. But I am a different/rare breed from most New Englander's. I do get a good front row seat from time to time and watch Red Sox and yankee fans make total fools of themselves. Its quite ruthless and the hate runs so deep.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#11 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:20 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

NBA when I was a kid was my favorite sport. John Havlicek was one of my childhood idols so that one is easy to figure out. I wasn't a hockey fan back then but I was a Bobby Orr fan so that kinda fell in place for me quite easily. The first summer I went to basketball camp in 1972, all everyone talked about there was Dean Smith and Phil Ford. All lessons, film etc., were almost all about Dean Smith. so I always started to read up on them, watch what games I could see and that's how that began.
The Red Sox and Patsy's are a different story. Despite most of my family and everyone around me at that time all being Red Sox fans, I just never liked them. Only player I ever really liked was Fred Lynn. I was always a huge Bob Gibson fan. And the Yawkey's were horrible owners anyway. Every year, it was choke after choke. I was always so busy in the summers anyways. I was very active in many sports programs and spent all my free time fly fishing and camping. Never paid all that much attention to baseball till I go older.
During the 70's I didn't know the Patriots had a team (LOL) till we were able to get cable in the mid to late 70's. Till we got cable in Northern Maine, all we had was one CBS affiliate. Back then CBS had the NFC and the local game was always the Giants and because of the unbelievable ratings, the Cowboys were the double header game almost every week. Quite a few Cowboy fans here in Maine and even a bigger **** load of Giant fans as well. Even when there was opportunity after cable, not much was ever said or talked about in regards to the Patriots. Outside of a couple miracle years, the Patriots were pretty much irrelevant for the first 43 years of their existence. Patriot fans today have a hard time accepting their history prior to 2002.
Lets just say the holidays get very interesting in my family. I'm a die hard Cowboy fan surrounded by tons of Giant and Patriot fans. And my uncle is a Dolphin fan. I think I'll focus on him this year, lol.

Growing up in Phx I was surrounded by Cowboys fans. Heck, when they played at Sun Devil stadium there were ALWAYS more Cowboys fans than Cards fans.

It is interesting that once they got to the Kurt Warner years and the Super Bowl, it was like a brand new team was in town. The Cards were the laughing stock in town. It's also probably helped that the Suns were always THE team in Phx and then over the last 5 years they have been awful while the Cards have been very competitive.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#12 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:27 pm

Cowboys and Cardinals used to be division rivals when they were in the NFC East. They always made us wear our road royal blue jinx jerseys.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#13 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:32 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Growing up in Phx I was surrounded by Cowboys fans. Heck, when they played at Sun Devil stadium there were ALWAYS more Cowboys fans than Cards fans.

It is interesting that once they got to the Kurt Warner years and the Super Bowl, it was like a brand new team was in town. The Cards were the laughing stock in town. It's also probably helped that the Suns were always THE team in Phx and then over the last 5 years they have been awful while the Cards have been very competitive.

Yup. 5-10 years ago, it was 100% Suns everywhere. Now, it's the Cardinals. Funny how that works. I was in Phoenix last December & people were wearing Cardinals gear. You wouldn't have seen this at anytime before 2009 lol.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#14 » by bleu » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:49 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

The letter C?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#15 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:51 am

bleu wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

The letter C?

We have a winner! :D
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#16 » by bwgood77 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:52 am

bleu wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

The letter C?

That was my first thought until I thought of Bruins which wasn't listed, so then I thought of historic programs.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#17 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:33 am

Best time I ever had at any sporting event is a Bruin - Canadian hockey game. Always worth 5 times the price of admission when those two teams get together.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#18 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:21 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Best time I ever had at any sporting event is a Bruin - Canadian hockey game. Always worth 5 times the price of admission when those two teams get together.

The price of an NHL game is so outrageous. Most expensive ticket out of all the sports. Plus hockey just doesn't translate well on television.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#19 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:30 pm

Perhaps. But I have to be honest. Hockey is by far not my favorite sport, but its easily the most fun and best spectator to watch live. I never had a bad time at a Bruin/Montreal game. Action is unbeleivable.
OnceUponADime
Senior
And1: 399

Post#20 » by OnceUponADime » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:37 pm

bleu wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

The letter C?

What I was thinking too :D

Return to The General NFL Board