Is Brock Osweiler already a bust?

Moderator: bwgood77

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,294

Re: Is Brock Osweiler already a bust? 

Post#21 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:08 am

Now that J.J. Watt is out, the whole team looks like a bust along with the coach.
Stoked
Senior
And1: 358

Post#22 » by Stoked » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:42 pm

Osweiler has to face a pissed off Denver team gunning for him. In Denver.

Several Broncos players want to prove that they made Osweiler.
OnceUponADime
Senior
And1: 399

Post#23 » by OnceUponADime » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:50 am

RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,165

Post#24 » by RaoulDuke79 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:27 am

Elway didn't want him and so he let him walk, and he was also horrible against Denver.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#25 » by bleu » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:36 am

Stoked wrote:Osweiler has to face a pissed off Denver team gunning for him. In Denver.

Probably true, but Osweiler is also going to be wanting to prove to Denver that they should have kept him. Not that I'm expecting much, since he is garbage, but you've gotta look at the flip side too.

I expect Denver to win by at least a couple touchdowns.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect
And1: 76

Post#26 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:13 am

its not 1942. No one named Osweiler is going to become famous anyway.
Stoked
Senior
And1: 358

Post#27 » by Stoked » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:42 am

bleu wrote:
Stoked wrote:Osweiler has to face a pissed off Denver team gunning for him. In Denver.

Probably true, but Osweiler is also going to be wanting to prove to Denver that they should have kept him. Not that I'm expecting much, since he is garbage, but you've gotta look at the flip side too.

I expect Denver to win by at least a couple touchdowns.

Valid point.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#28 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:26 pm

ErnieDiGregorio wrote:its not 1942. No one named Osweiler is going to become famous anyway.

This is how threads get derailed. We are talking about Osweiler being a bust or not. The question and/or thread did not address the fact of him being famous or not. Bring something to the table with some substance would ya, instead of babbling about an opinion that has nothing to do with the thread or question being asked. And you wonder why some poster's in here find you foot loops and anal retentive.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect

Post#29 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:32 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
ErnieDiGregorio wrote:its not 1942. No one named Osweiler is going to become famous anyway.

This is how threads get derailed. We are talking about Osweiler being a bust or not. The question and/or thread did not address the fact of him being famous or not. Bring something to the table with some substance would ya, instead of babbling about an opinion that has nothing to do with the thread or question being asked. And you wonder why some poster's in here find you foot loops and anal retentive.

lol its my opinion and its backed up by historical fact. Not a whole lot of Browning Nagles or Jimmy Lebowitz's in the top of the all time lists.No one is forcing you to agree
you are a control freak with no sense of humor. I just made a little joke and left it there. You are supposed to be able to be light hearted among friends. You are the one doing the derailing bringing it up as an issue.
Brock will just be a another journeyman second rate QB no matter what the reason really is.

cool names,strong,solid names,short and roll of the tongue easy
Favre..borderline funny but cajun hip and creative
Rodgers
Montana
Unitas
Manning
Elway
Kelly
Marino
Moon
Bradshaw
Stabler
Young
Brady
Jay Cutler..ok he sucks but its still a cooler name :D

President of the lunch time D&D/chess/science club
Osweiler

Browning Nagle = sounds like a finger food at jack in the box = not famous or a record breaker.

lighten up bro/man/sir. Sports talk is the fun time part of life.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#30 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:47 pm

So what I am getting from your post is that Osweiller is a bust because he doesn't have a cool name, and that is historically factual. Can you direct me to the proper channels that back up what you are saying? I'd like to look this one up. Bottom line, unless you have a cool name, your a bust, o.k. And Everyone is still trying to figure out when you are trying to be funny or are just plain fruit loops. So we are to believe that players like Young, Staubach, Brady, Flacco and Rothlisburger are all bust QB's because they don't have cool names that live up to your expectations. Onward through the fog Ernie, onward through the fog.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#31 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:15 pm

Ernie = Sounds like an devorced, idealistic, bi-polar manic depressive whack a doodle that didn't graduate from high school that is currently living in a homeless shelter getting treatment for substance abuse and depression for being lonely.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect

Post#32 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:25 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:So what I am getting from your post is that Osweiller is a bust because he doesn't have a cool name, and that is historically factual. Can you direct me to the proper channels that back up what you are saying? I'd like to look this one up. Bottom line, unless you have a cool name, your a bust, o.k. And Everyone is still trying to figure out when you are trying to be funny or are just plain fruit loops. So we are to believe that players like Young, Staubach, Brady, Flacco and Rothlisburger are all bust QB's because they don't have cool names that live up to your expectations. Onward through the fog Ernie, onward through the fog.

see above, my examples.

Staubach, Brady, Flacco-
these are all strong, cool, solid names.

and Rothlisburger
the only odd one lol

Now that J.J. Watt is out, the whole team looks like a bust along with the coach.

another thing I told you before the season even started.

I've hit a lot of bullseyes for a guy just throwing to see what sticks
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect

Post#33 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:32 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Ernie = Sounds like an devorced, idealistic, bi-polar manic depressive whack a doodle that didn't graduate from high school that is currently living in a homeless shelter getting treatment for substance abuse and depression for being lonely.

...you actually just typed whack a doodle?

lol I'm older than you and wouldnt type such a geeky old school term.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#34 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:42 pm

The only predictions I see that have a shot at sticking on the wall are Minnesota and perhaps Atlanta. I'm sure most of the guys that post in here could make picks that would stick to the wall if they choose 12 teams. Go ahead and stretch that arm out again and pat yourself on the back though. Opps, I forgot, Dallas, Seattle, Kansas City and New England all suck because they haven't played anyone yet and you say so. But your Colts, Saints and Bills are great because you say so , they play tougher teams and its only week 6. I got it now !!
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#35 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:43 pm

I thought you said you were 51, going on 15?
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect

Post#36 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:55 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:The only predictions I see that have a shot at sticking on the wall are Minnesota and perhaps Atlanta. I'm sure most of the guys that post in here could make picks that would stick to the wall if they choose 12 teams. Go ahead and stretch that arm out again and pat yourself on the back though. Opps, I forgot, Dallas, Seattle, Kansas City and New England all suck because they haven't played anyone yet and you say so. But your Colts, Saints and Bills are great because you say so , they play tougher teams and its only week 6. I got it now !!

I'm not most guys. I'll be getting more than 2 out of 12 right.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by bleu » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:10 am

As somebody who is guilty of originally thinking that Brock would be successful in Houston, I can certainly admit that I was wrong. Osweiler is garbage, and I would like to hear anyone who watched tonight's game disagree.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,453

Post#38 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:13 am

bleu wrote:As somebody who is guilty of originally thinking that Brock would be successful in Houston, I can certainly admit that I was wrong. Osweiler is garbage, and I would like to hear anyone who watched tonight's game disagree.

Well...I got nothing. :wink:

He's an average to below average starter. I expect him to bounce around the league eventually. Fitzpatrick, Hoyer, Osweiler. Not alot seperates these guys imo.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#39 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:17 am

Osweiler is so bad, mark sanchez is saying..."Dude you suck"
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by bleu » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:21 am

The guy has one of the best groups of WR's in the entire league and he still can't hit them. A year from now nobody will even remember this guy existed.

Return to The General NFL Board