Your MVP Rankings so far

Moderator: bwgood77

LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Re: Your MVP Rankings so far 

Post#241 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Jan 4, 2017 9:50 am

Hey 5, you sound different this year? What happened, ya got Jesus? Are u Muslim now? Did Buddha bless you? Well Happy New Year's. Because you seemed to have turned a corner in 2017. Hopefully this trend continues. Anyhow, good luck for your falcons in the playoffs.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#242 » by therealbig3 » Wed Jan 4, 2017 5:22 pm

Zeke wasn't the ONLY significant addition...I think they have someone new at QB too...gosh darn it, who is it again?

It's debatable who's more important to their team between Zeke and Dak...Zeke for MVP is laughable when you look at the season that Matt Ryan had, with an injured Julio Jones on top of that.

Seriously, no offense to Cowboys fans, you had an amazing season, you were the best overall TEAM in the NFC, and both Dak and Zeke had amazing rookie seasons.

But that doesn't change the fact that not only does Zeke not come close to matching Ryan's impact, he's not even the most important part of his own team...the O-Line is clearly the driving force of the Cowboys offense.

Matt Ryan had peak Tom Brady numbers with his #1 WR injured, an 11-5 record, and the #2 seed. Let's stop overthinking this one.

Brady's only argument is if he completely destroyed the competition in terms of numbers in his 12 games...but Ryan still had better numbers, and played 4 more games.

Aaron Rodgers had a worse team, worse numbers, and was far more inconsistent than Ryan all year. I actually can't even comprehend how he's even mentioned, other than the fact that he's a media darling. He has zero case whatsoever.
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#243 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Jan 4, 2017 6:34 pm

Wait a minute. Your argument for Ryan wasn't his abilities and performance. Your argument has always been, "because Qaarterbacks always win this award". Well I don't follow where the flock of sheep goes. Im not following traditional thinking. I'm not flowing, just because everyone else is flowin that way. I stand in truth justice and the American way. Zeke is MVP. Not that he's gonna fail because everyone knows it's a quarterbacks award. And all those who want to be a real man about it, will side with LAKESHOW and Zeke.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,460

Post#244 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Jan 4, 2017 7:40 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:Wait a minute. Your argument for Ryan wasn't his abilities and performance. Your argument has always been, "because Qaarterbacks always win this award". Well I don't follow where the flock of sheep goes. Im not following traditional thinking. I'm not flowing, just because everyone else is flowin that way. I stand in truth justice and the American way. Zeke is MVP. Not that he's gonna fail because everyone knows it's a quarterbacks award. And all those who want to be a real man about it, will side with LAKESHOW and Zeke.

:lol:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#245 » by therealbig3 » Wed Jan 4, 2017 10:02 pm

LOL, my entire argument has been about Matt Ryan's performance and how great he's been. Nobody else has been close. The media trying to act like it's some wide open race, and not even including his name as one of the candidates is one of the most laughable things ever.

And the reason QBs win MVP is not because it's the cool thing to do, it's because a good QB is by far the most important individual player for his team. Not close. And Matt Ryan has been the best in the league this year, by far. He had an ATG season, in a year in which nobody else did.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,321

Post#246 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jan 5, 2017 4:58 am

I think its going to be either Elliot, Ryan or Prescott.
TheOnlyQuayH
Freshman
And1: 32

Post#247 » by TheOnlyQuayH » Thu Jan 5, 2017 3:23 pm

studcrackers wrote:romo got hurt in the 2nd game.

You're right, I just realized that mistake. My point was he played in 4 and won 3 of them.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#248 » by studcrackers » Thu Jan 5, 2017 4:24 pm

He also only finished 2 of those games
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
TheOnlyQuayH
Freshman
And1: 32

Post#249 » by TheOnlyQuayH » Fri Jan 6, 2017 12:20 am

I already knew that, but it doesn't change the fact he started in those games
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,482

Post#250 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:31 am

LAKESHOW wrote:Hey 5, you sound different this year? What happened, ya got Jesus? Are u Muslim now? Did Buddha bless you? Well Happy New Year's. Because you seemed to have turned a corner in 2017. Hopefully this trend continues. Anyhow, good luck for your falcons in the playoffs.

This is not the type of post that needs to be here. It sounds like a compliment in some respects but it has been reported and you don't need to make digs about someone's past or refer to religions. I'm not going to warn you officially other than mention it here in the thread because although you might not think it is offensive, it might be offensive to some, and it wasn't even reported by the poster you are responding to.

So please take note of that.
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#251 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:48 pm

If feelings have been hurt, then I deeply apologize for hurting peoples feelings. I regret hurting people. Especially those posters who are long standing individuals within this community. Like 5. He is an individual that ive got nothing but LOVE for. As a matter of fact, Atlanta and the Falcons are solid in my book. Wont happen again.
NaturalBuns
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,463

Post#252 » by NaturalBuns » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:11 pm

1) Matt Ryan
2) David Johnson
3) Aaron Rodgers
4) Tom Brady
5) Zeke and Pres

In that order had the best regular seasons.

Eliminate Johnson and Brady.
One missed a quarter of football and the other his team didn't win.

Zeke wasn't even the best HB in football though for a Rookie he tore it up. We saw Murray rush for 2k behind that oline
No MVP. So eliminate him

It's between Rodgers and Ryan.
I go with who's been more consistent Ryan
oldscho0led wrote:Baseball is all about momentum. Pirates will carry their winning ways and beat Giants in the Wildcard.

A's over Royals. Lester and experience will prove that he's worth the trade.

Tigers winning it all. Tigers are, imo, peaking at the right time.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#253 » by studcrackers » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:16 pm

murray didn't rush for 2000
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
NaturalBuns
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,463

Post#254 » by NaturalBuns » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:04 am

studcrackers wrote:murray didn't rush for 2000

1,800+ with receiving over 2000 all purpose yards. Still that said no way zeke should get it
oldscho0led wrote:Baseball is all about momentum. Pirates will carry their winning ways and beat Giants in the Wildcard.

A's over Royals. Lester and experience will prove that he's worth the trade.

Tigers winning it all. Tigers are, imo, peaking at the right time.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#255 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:05 am

We know it will never be Carson "the choke artist," Palmer.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#256 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:46 am

Giving it to Ryan after that I got Aaron Rodgers and Derek Carr
laika
Analyst
And1: 1,996

Post#257 » by laika » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:22 am

This is why Brady should be MVP. Ryan's supporting cast on offense is massively better, yet Brady was just as good as Ryan this year.

Patriot offensive line- average. Brady makes them look much better than they actually are. Running backs- below average. Receivers and tight ends- Definitely below average without Gronk. Edelman and Lewis are the only two offensive players you could even make a case for being above average.
Meanwhile, Ryan has a lot of great offensive players to help him out.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#258 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:33 am

Oh please. You Patriot fans are just unbelievable. The only time you guys ever come on here and post is when you think you guys are being wronged. Waaaaa. Are any of you capable of ever being objective and talk football? First place I would attack is your strength of schedule and the division you play in. Must be nice to play the Jets, Bills and Dolphins every year. That's at least 5 easy cupcake wins ever year. Your lobbying plain and simple for Brady, face it. And Brady doesn't have and weapons, even more funny. Blount, Lewis, White. Gronk, Bennett, Edleman, etc,. Stop whining. There are a lot of great players on 31 OTHER teams in the NFL. Many of them have had much more bruttle schedules.
laika
Analyst
And1: 1,996

Post#259 » by laika » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:53 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Oh please. You Patriot fans are just unbelievable. The only time you guys ever come on here and post is when you think you guys are being wronged. Waaaaa. Are any of you capable of ever being objective and talk football? First place I would attack is your strength of schedule and the division you play in. Must be nice to play the Jets, Bills and Dolphins every year. That's at least 5 easy cupcake wins ever year. Your lobbying plain and simple for Brady, face it. And Brady doesn't have and weapons, even more funny. Blount, Lewis, White. Gronk, Bennett, Edleman, etc,. Stop whining. There are a lot of great players on 31 OTHER teams in the NFL. Many of them have had much more bruttle schedules.

Conversely, a Celtic, Bruin and Cowboys fan could probably be officially classified as a Brady/Patriot hater.
The division is much stronger than you give it credit for. Their main problem is that they have to face the Patriots twice a year each. Your characterization of Brady's skill players is bordering ridiculous. Outside of Gronk there is no reasonable case that that group is above average. And of course Gronkowski is injured again, as he is about half the time.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#260 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:06 am

Correction. Not a Brady hater or lover. Really don't give a damn about the Patriots or for the AFC for that matter. I'm an NFL purist. You would probably know that if you spent more time in here posting with most of the posters. Yet here you are lobbying for the Patsies once again. Oh, and bye the way, Julio Jones missed some games this year, so did Sanu, Tevin Coleman missed about 3 games I believe. So its not like Ryan hasn't had his share of some of his big guns missing at times. Prescott had to go without Dez for the first 5 weeks. I think that's pretty amazing for a rookie as he helped the Cowboy win 11 straight games. Plus I think Roger Goodell will use his influence to make sure a cheater doesn't get the MVP.

Return to The General NFL Board