AFC Championship Game Thread: Patriots vs. Steelers |1-22-17 | @Foxborough | 6:40 PM ET

Moderator: bwgood77

Who would you like to win?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:34 am

Patriots
60%
Steelers
40%

Total votes: 5

bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Re: AFC Championship Game Thread: Patriots vs. Steelers |1-22-17 | @Foxborough | 6:40 PM ET 

Post#101 » by bleu » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:22 am

laika wrote:
bleu wrote:
laika wrote:
The Patriots have only made 2 of the last 8 super bowls. As dominant as they've been, most of the time their weaknesses have been too much to overcome. This is looking like a classic trap game where the general public significantly overestimates how good the Patriots are.

You don't say?

All the big plays went the Patriots way. Pittsburgh is not close to 27 points worse. It didn't hurt that Brady was awesome which far outweighed the lack of a running game.

We'll see how the super bowl goes. Atlanta is definitely the 2nd best team in the league so they have a chance.

I mean...you could say the exact same thing about the earlier game as well. Or any game in the history of the National Football League, to be honest.

There is no way the Falcons are 23 points better. All the crucial plays went to ATL. I mean, if it weren't for those two big turnovers we're looking at a different game. And if Matt Ryan didn't play so good, Atlanta wouldn't have done so good.

I give Atlanta a really good shot against NE, and I'll be rooting for them. But lets not discredit the fact that a LOT of people (especially on here) were taking Pittsburgh to win this game IN New England, and the Pats came out and showed them who is boss from start to finish.

I know it seems crazy to say because we're talking about the Patriots here, but people have been overlooking them all season. I don't know if it's a hatred thing or what, but this team lost TWO games the entire season. Two. Even after missing the GOAT for four games. This is a damn good team, and IMO one of the best Pats teams we've ever seen.
TheOnlyQuayH
Freshman
And1: 32

Re: AFC Championship Game Thread: Patriots vs. Steelers |1-22-17 | @Foxborough | 6:40 PM ET 

Post#102 » by TheOnlyQuayH » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:53 am

Laika is just a hater, just ignore him/her like I am. It's a waste of energy dealing with spiteful haters. I rather them just to continue whining and hating us while we continue being successful. It's comedy now lol.
laika
Analyst
And1: 1,996

Post#103 » by laika » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:21 am

TheOnlyQuayH wrote:Laika is just a hater, just ignore him/her like I am. It's a waste of energy dealing with spiteful haters. I rather them just to continue whining and hating us while we continue being successful. It's comedy now lol.

Lol Just last week I was a total Patriot homer.
You might want to check out the thread where I picked the Patriots to beat the Falcons in the super bowl. Or the one where I explain in detail why Brady should be the MVP.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#104 » by bleu » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:31 am

laika wrote:
TheOnlyQuayH wrote:Laika is just a hater, just ignore him/her like I am. It's a waste of energy dealing with spiteful haters. I rather them just to continue whining and hating us while we continue being successful. It's comedy now lol.

You might want to check out the thread where I picked the Patriots to beat the Falcons in the super bowl. Or the one where I explain in detail why Brady should be the MVP.

I think laika is being fair towards both teams in general, and much of my comment wasn't really directed toward him. I just really don't understand how a team like the Patriots with the GOAT coach and arguably the GOAT QB are somehow being overlooked.
andrewww
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#105 » by andrewww » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:58 am

bleu wrote:
laika wrote:

I think laika is being fair towards both teams in general, and much of my comment wasn't really directed toward him. I just really don't understand how a team like the Patriots with the GOAT coach and arguably the GOAT QB are somehow being overlooked.

Its because people are sick and tired of us, but the ratings prove otherwise. Any SB with the Pats is a huge ratings draw.

Look at the MVP voting. Voters and articles are LOOKING for reasons to not give Brady MVP. I've never seen anything like that before where a media outlet openly campaigns against a particular player (BSPN put out an article on why Brady shouldnt be MVP). They know people hate the Pats, which is why every possible negative argument (real or most often perceived) is a headline maker. Drama and controversy sell. Joe Montana once won the MVP missing 3 games, yet I dont see anything about that. The league and media have their darlings and Belichick/Brady keep on dashing other teams' hopes consistently, often while embarrassing them in the process. People dont like it when they get showed up looking like idiots. The cheating propaganda narrative...I've never seen anything quite like that in pro sports. I guess thats what happens when youre the greatest dynasty (imo) in the history of North American pro sports when you factor in free agency, a hard salary cap, and with football being the ultimate team game.

The one thing I've learned about people in general...bias and jealousy are a terrible combination. Its very difficult for people and especially fans to be objective.

Even now, people are saying the Falcons will shred the Pats' defense. We shall see. All I know is that teams with great defenses (and in particularly a great front 4 or 7) are the ones that give NE the most trouble.
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#106 » by Celtsfan1980 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:01 am

I counted maybe 3 good passes and 2 bad ones by Brady. Constantly wide open receivers. Better than last week but still mediocre. Even Pittsburgh's offense didn't show up. New England's road to the Super Bowl can't possibly get much easier.

Return to The General NFL Board