Why do the NFL boards have a fraction of the volume of posts of the NBA boards?

Moderator: bwgood77

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,498

Re: Why do the NFL boards have a fraction of the volume of posts of the NBA boards? 

Post#21 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:23 am

wco81 wrote:Yeah I watch some matches, here and there, EPL on weekends and some CL matches.

Local sportsnet used to air a weekly show about AS Roma but they stopped this year unfortunately.

Nice!

Do you have a favorite Premier League club that you follow?
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Re: Why do the NFL boards have a fraction of the volume of posts of the NBA boards? 

Post#22 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:45 pm

Shows everyone how exceptionally weak this NFL forum is when baseball and soccer is being discussed. I guess all of our wonderful, capable mods have run out of ideas or just don't give a damn.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#23 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:06 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Shows everyone how exceptionally weak this NFL forum is when baseball and soccer is being discussed. I guess all of our wonderful, capable mods have run out of ideas or just don't give a damn.

:ouch:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#24 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:10 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Shows everyone how exceptionally weak this NFL forum is when baseball and soccer is being discussed. I guess all of our wonderful, capable mods have run out of ideas or just don't give a damn.

Well, its the damn truth. You and I have been doing everything we can as posters the last 4 years. Its definitly not us for giving it our best. We've been extremely loyal here for quite a while trying everything we can think of.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,687

Post#25 » by bwgood77 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:53 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
wco81 wrote:TBH, I find myself more interested in the NBA than the NFL these days.

I'll watch the random NBA game on NBA TV or TNT than MNF or SNF or the non-market games where I live.

But I know that's not typical, NFL games get much higher ratings on average.

Niner fan? I don't blame ya! :wink:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That's why we always called them the 49 whiners !!!

Wouldn't it just be 40whiners?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#26 » by bwgood77 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:54 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Niner fan? I don't blame ya! :wink:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That's why we always called them the 49 whiners !!!

Or just "Whiners" for short. :wink:

Honestly, during the football season, I could care less about basketball or the NBA in general. I don't start watching basketball til March. Maybe that's partly due to Seattle not having an NBA team. Along with a meaningless 82 game regular season. But, Football is still far & away my favorite sport & I'd choose to watch it over pretty much anything.

I used to barely pay attention to the NBA until at least January, or maybe February, but I still watch every Suns game. Unfortunately the Suns play the Mavs (Ayton vs Doncic) at the same time the Chargers play the Chiefs tomorrow.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#27 » by bwgood77 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:59 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I agree. But apparently RealGM and the mods could careless if the football forum grows. In the 4 years I have been here the football forum hasn't grown a bit. Year 4 is the deadest its ever been. Ratings, interest, etc., for football is through the roof except here and the West coast. I guess when fans from the west coast when they eventually do go to the game, they better bring their knitting.

I put in quite a bit of effort trying to build traffic here with links in sigs, tried to get other posters here to put links in sigs to join us for football discussion...and then make some posts or a thread on the GB so people see the sig.

Posted the NFL pick competition on almost every forum and it still only gets maybe 50-90 people...that usually cuts in half by the end of the season as people stop making their picks.

I even made a post about the Bears on the Bulls forum and no one said anything. About the Eagles on the Philly forum during their playoff run last year and even some on the Knicks forum....but barely anyone cares to discuss teams, even if they are really good.

There are just basically very few football fans on these forums..outside of maybe Packers fans. Also, a huge % of people on these forums are international fans. Most NFL teams have huge separate forums..the Chargers have a big one.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#28 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:11 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That's why we always called them the 49 whiners !!!

Or just "Whiners" for short. :wink:

Honestly, during the football season, I could care less about basketball or the NBA in general. I don't start watching basketball til March. Maybe that's partly due to Seattle not having an NBA team. Along with a meaningless 82 game regular season. But, Football is still far & away my favorite sport & I'd choose to watch it over pretty much anything.

I used to barely pay attention to the NBA until at least January, or maybe February, but I still watch every Suns game. Unfortunately the Suns play the Mavs (Ayton vs Doncic) at the same time the Chargers play the Chiefs tomorrow.

Tough choice!
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,322

Post#29 » by wco81 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:50 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
wco81 wrote:Yeah I watch some matches, here and there, EPL on weekends and some CL matches.

Local sportsnet used to air a weekly show about AS Roma but they stopped this year unfortunately.

Nice!

Do you have a favorite Premier League club that you follow?

I've been frustrated for years by Arsenal. Not sure what to think now that Wenger is gone.

They're just struggling to try to compete for the top 4 I guess.

I also like Barca because of their history. My avatar on other sites is the Barca crest.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,322

Post#30 » by wco81 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:55 am

Well I just posted a new topic:

viewtopic.php?f=139&t=1778453
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,467

Post#31 » by CBS7 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:29 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Well, its the damn truth. You and I have been doing everything we can as posters the last 4 years. Its definitly not us for giving it our best. We've been extremely loyal here for quite a while trying everything we can think of.

I don't understand what you expect mods to do to give life to this forum. Can't force people to post here.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#32 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:45 pm

CBS7 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote: :ouch:

I don't understand what you expect mods to do to give life to this forum. Can't force people to post here.

Your right. I don't expect them to do ANYTHING.
CZ Eddie
Starter
And1: 824

Post#33 » by CZ Eddie » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:43 pm

IMO, Basketball is much easier to be a fan of and halfway sound like you know what you're talking about.
NFL has ten times the quantity of players, 70 times fewer games to talk about, and the rules are much harder to follow.
So you end up not knowing WTF you're talking about if you're the casual fan.
Keep your politics out of my sports
CZ Eddie
Starter
And1: 824

Post#34 » by CZ Eddie » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:44 pm

And Basketball trade rumors are always flying around, which fuels speculation talk.
NFL trade rumors in comparison are pretty boring and there aren't enough of them regardless of the fact you have sooooo many more players.
Keep your politics out of my sports
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#35 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:27 am

CZ Eddie wrote:IMO, Basketball is much easier to be a fan of and halfway sound like you know what you're talking about.
NFL has ten times the quantity of players, 70 times fewer games to talk about, and the rules are much harder to follow.

The NBA also has a meaningless 82 game regular season with little to no parity. Tanking is also a huge problem.

Football has a much shorter season, so it's much easier to follow & keep track (Only 16 games).

Unless your a diehard Basketball/NBA junkie (Which I'm not), it's pretty pointless to watch from October-March, when you already know how the season will play out. :wink:

NFL> EPL> NBA

NBA= NHL with off the court drama & less parity.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#36 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:37 am

CZ Eddie wrote:And Basketball trade rumors are always flying around, which fuels speculation talk.
NFL trade rumors in comparison are pretty boring and there aren't enough of them regardless of the fact you have sooooo many more players.

Fantasy Football more than makes up for this.

The NBA off-season/Free Agency period is more entertaining than the actual season. Fact.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,584

Post#37 » by hermes » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:41 pm

CZ Eddie wrote:IMO, Basketball is much easier to be a fan of and halfway sound like you know what you're talking about.

in my experience, not knowing what you're talking about hasn't ever really deterred anyone from talking about something

its all about confidence
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,584

Post#38 » by hermes » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:44 pm

i try to post here more often but i'm also giving some time to the vikings board - to hang out with the 4 people who occasionally stop by over there
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,383

Post#39 » by azcatz11 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:13 pm

I honestly have transitioned into being a bigger NFL fan than NBA fan the past 2 years...I guess it's because I'm in a serious fantasy football league now and I watch as many games Sunday as I can. That may be blasphemous to say, but it's the truth.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#40 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:17 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:I blame the absence of Ernie.

:rofl: :rofl: :falloff:

Return to The General NFL Board