chiefs : can anyone beat them ?

Moderator: bwgood77

Wallace_Wallace
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,043

Re: chiefs : can anyone beat them ? 

Post#481 » by Wallace_Wallace » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:28 am

Mr B wrote:
Wallace_Wallace wrote:Chiefs will probably get rid of Jawaan Taylor, MVS and revise Mahomes' contract to free enough money for resign Chris Jones. Other than that, they have to get a #2 receiver in order preserve Kelce for the postseason. With Puka Nacua's spectacular season, I think someone like Cooper Kupp can be available in trade talks. If they can do those two things, they have a great chance to 3-peat.

I mentioned this a few days ago but if the Chiefs wanted a cheap #3 WR they should consider Michael Gallup. He will be more than a year removed from his knee injury and with Mahomes throwing to him I could see him returning to his pre injury form. And again, he’d be cheap.

I can’t think of too many ring chasing players that also can impact the game. Kupp is literally the only few I can think of who can be the Wes Welker type player but won’t stunt Rashee Rice’s development. The other would be Mike Evans? But I don’t think he would be cheap.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,330

Post#482 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:39 pm

Chris Jones just signed a 5 year contract to stay with the Chiefs. If the Chiefs can find or get another stud WR, it will be tough for anyone to beat them as long as they stay healthy. Showtime is locked in another 7 years.
Swish77
Sophomore
And1: 56

Post#483 » by Swish77 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:11 pm

I believe the Texans can. Texans building something Big down in H-Town.
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 327

Post#484 » by QB_Eagles » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:28 pm

Swish77 wrote:I believe the Texans can. Texans building something Big down in H-Town.

Would be weird if next postseason all the Cowboys fans here, who became Chiefs fans because that team used to play in Texas, rooted for a team that gets beat by the Texans.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#485 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:45 pm

Swish77 wrote:I believe the Texans can. Texans building something Big down in H-Town.

We should find out a lot more about the Texans next year. They won't have a 5th place schedule next season.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#486 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:47 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:

Would be weird if next postseason all the Cowboys fans here, who became Chiefs fans because that team used to play in Texas, rooted for a team that gets beat by the Texans.

Would be weird if the Egal fans didn't talk about or bring up all things Cowboys in every thread. :gossip:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#487 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:53 pm

Chiefs just picked up Hollywood Brown. Safe to say Kardarius Toney will be the casualty.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Post#488 » by Mr B » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:38 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:

Would be weird if the Egal fans didn't talk about or bring up all things Cowboys in every thread. :gossip:

Living rent free in their heads. Lol
QB_Eagles
Rookie

Post#489 » by QB_Eagles » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:01 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:

When is the official date to switch your team allegiance back to the Cowboys?

I thought it would be beginning of the new league year, but I guess I was wrong.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#490 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:21 pm

I can't change it back till after next season is over. I lost a bet to one of my friends that just happens to be a Packers fan. That's all I'm going to say about that for now. And the way things are looking these days in Big-D, I'm not sure I want anyone to know I'm a real Cowboy fan. After Jerry brought back McCarthy I've been physically and mentally ill.
Swish77
Sophomore

Post#491 » by Swish77 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:42 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

We should find out a lot more about the Texans next year. They won't have a 5th place schedule next season.

Like we have any say on who we play. Come up with a better excuse.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Post#492 » by Mr B » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:30 pm

Swish77 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I think that’s his point. The Texans can’t choose who they play, but the fact is they will be playing a 1st place schedule this year and not the last place schedule they played last year. Teams will have a year of film to figure out Stroud. Between that and tougher competition we are going to learn a lot about the Texans.

Can Stroud continue tearing the league up or will he have a sophomore slump? Will the offenses figure out Ryan’s defense? These are all the things we are going to find out about the Texans this year.
QB_Eagles
Rookie

Post#493 » by QB_Eagles » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:39 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I can't change it back till after next season is over. I lost a bet to one of my friends that just happens to be a Packers fan. That's all I'm going to say. And the way things are looking these days in Big-D, I'm not sure I want anyone to know I'm a real Cowboy fan. Aftr Jerry brought back McCarthy I've been ill.

Oh, I see. Well, it's an upgrade anyway.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#494 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:17 pm

Swish77 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I wasn't even trying to bash the Texans in anyway. Not sure why you are being so defensive. Looks like you guys may have hit the jackpot in the QB department. You guys have a very young team and some real nice pieces. IMHO opinion you guys are going in the right direction. I just want to see more, that's all. You have to admit your schedule was soft last season however. You guys caught everyone by surprise last season and I just want to see more to make sure it wasn't a fluke.
But lets not get too silly here. It will be at least 2 years before you can claim to be on the same tier with Showtime and the Chiefs.
Swish77
Sophomore

Post#495 » by Swish77 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:22 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Swish77 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:We should find out a lot more about the Texans next year. They won't have a 5th place schedule next season.

I wasn't even trying to bash the Texans in anyway. Not sure why you are being so defensive. Looks like you guys may have hit the jackpot in the QB department. You guys have a very young team and some real nice pieces. IMHO opinion you guys are going in the right direction. I just want to see more, that's all. You have to admit your schedule was soft last season however. You guys caught everyone by surprise last season and I just want to see more to make sure it wasn't a fluke.
But lets not get too silly here. It will be at least 2 years before you can claim to be on the same tier with Showtime and the Chiefs.

My bad. I'm so used to Texans getting bashed all the time I took it the wrong way my bad. Yes Schedule was soft. I'm ready to show the NFL world we aren't a fluke. I dont believe it will take 2 years. NFL is a QB driven league you can attest to that as well with PM as QB without him you dont win like yall have been. We got lucky getting CJ but Ill take it haha. Much respect towards KC.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,091
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#496 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:22 pm

They for sure can be beat, they aren't like a super team. But they are elite, and they're going to be in the mix every year, and the favorite a lot.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#497 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:12 pm

Dolphins went to 3 Super Bowls in a row in the 70's (won 2 of the 3), Bills went to 4 super bowls in a row in the early 90's (lost all 4 of them). Anyone rooting for seeing history being made if the Chiefs win it again this season and finally watching a dynasty win 3 in a row?
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,570

Post#498 » by hermes » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:36 pm

no

but if taylor swift decrees it, what choice do we have?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#499 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:56 pm

hermes wrote:no

but if taylor swift decrees it, what choice do we have?

Hey, be nice. Now that Cousins is gone I like the Vikings again. :wink: :nod:
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,570

Post#500 » by hermes » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:03 pm

dynasties get boring

wouldn't you rather have the cowboys win it all this year?

Return to The General NFL Board