chiefs : can anyone beat them ?

Moderator: bwgood77

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,330

Re: chiefs : can anyone beat them ? 

Post#501 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:10 pm

hermes wrote:dynasties get boring

wouldn't you rather have the cowboys win it all this year?

Your full of funnies today, aren't you? :lol: Cowboys will have a hard time making the playoffs if at all. Things are a mess in Big-D.
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 328

Post#502 » by QB_Eagles » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:26 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Dolphins went to 3 Super Bowls in a row in the 70's (won 2 of the 3), Bills went to 4 super bowls in a row in the early 90's (lost all 4 of them). Anyone rooting for seeing history being made if the Chiefs win it again this season and finally watching a dynasty win 3 in a row?

No, I'm rooting for the Eagles to win the Super Bowl.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,267

Post#503 » by wco81 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:55 am

It helps that the KC OL never gets called for holding.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#504 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:00 pm

It also helps the Chiefs that they don't have to spend 3 first round picks on a QB and then toss them to the side 2 years later.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,196

Post#505 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:00 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:It also helps the Chiefs that they don't have to spend 3 first round picks on a QB and then toss them to the side 2 years later.

That, plus KC knows how to draft. 49ers got to where they are by lucking into Purdy....which saved them from the failure of Lance. They are paying him nothing so they can stock the team with all stars....that bill comes due soon. They will be paying Purdy soon and when they do, other guys will have to leave. They've already lost some talent. They will lose Ayuik too here pretty soon-maybe even this week. I could not believe that Vegas made them the betting favorite. I don't even think San Fran will win their own division-much less the NFC.

Meanwhile Chiefs have pretty good shot at the 3-peat imo. Just get a LT in this draft and another recieving option and let's start the season already lol.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#506 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:07 am

Slim Charless wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:It also helps the Chiefs that they don't have to spend 3 first round picks on a QB and then toss them to the side 2 years later.

That, plus KC knows how to draft. 49ers got to where they are by lucking into Purdy....which saved them from the failure of Lance. They are paying him nothing so they can stock the team with all stars....that bill comes due soon. They will be paying Purdy soon and when they do, other guys will have to leave. They've already lost some talent. They will lose Ayuik too here pretty soon-maybe even this week. I could not believe that Vegas made them the betting favorite. I don't even think San Fran will win their own division-much less the NFC.

Meanwhile Chiefs have pretty good shot at the 3-peat imo. Just get a LT in this draft and another recieving option and let's start the season already lol.

I agree. Seattle is my choice. Whiners have come up short 4 years in a row. Window will start to close this year.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,474

Post#507 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:19 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

I agree. Seattle is my choice. Whiners have come up short 4 years in a row. Window will start to close this year.

Rams might take it this year. But the Hawks will close the gap in year two of Mike Macdonald.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#508 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:21 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

Rams might take it this year. But the Hawks will close the gap in year two of Mike Macdonald.

I have to see how the Ram defense will be without Aaron Donald first.
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#509 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:57 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

This is funny as we all have different teams to take that division. I actually like the long shot Cards. When Kyler played last year, they weren't bad. Add in there Marvin Harrison Jr and I believe another 12 or so picks in the draft, plus they still have cap room to fill any remaining holes.

They are as high as 14-1 on some sites. I'll take those odds for a division that I see falling off. Back to the Niners, I think they'll make the playoffs but I wouldn't be highly surprised if they don't.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#510 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:02 am

Slim Charless wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I agree. Seattle is my choice. Whiners have come up short 4 years in a row. Window will start to close this year.

This is funny as we all have different teams to take that division. I actually like the long shot Cards. When Kyler played last year, they weren't bad. Add in there Marvin Harrison Jr and I believe another 12 or so picks in the draft, plus they still have cap room to fill any remaining holes.

They are as high as 14-1 on some sites. I'll take those odds for a division that I see falling off. Back to the Niners, I think they'll make the playoffs but I wouldn't be highly surprised if they don't.

Not a fan of Kyler Murray. I wouldn't give that guy a mop job.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,474

Post#511 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:14 am

Slim Charless wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I agree. Seattle is my choice. Whiners have come up short 4 years in a row. Window will start to close this year.

Harrison isn't good enough by himself to close that gap. Arizona is still a year or two away. It'll be a battle between the Niners & Rams for the division.

The Hawks are still a work in progress. New coaching staff. They have some holes they still have to patch up. Year two, is when they can make some noise. Macdonald should have the defense on the same page & ready to roll by then. Baltimore made a significant jump & improvement in year two under him. I expect similar type results.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#512 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:34 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Rams might take it this year. But the Hawks will close the gap in year two of Mike Macdonald.

Harrison isn't good enough by himself to close that gap. Arizona is still a year or two away. It'll be a battle between the Niners & Rams for the division.

The Hawks are still a work in progress. New coaching staff. They have some holes they still have to patch up. Year two, is when they can make some noise. Macdonald should have the defense on the same page & ready to roll by then. Baltimore made a significant jump & improvement in year two under him. I expect similar type results.

They do need more. I'm curious to see what they do on Thursday. I was legit shocked they let Hollywood go as i thought he was a good pair with MHJ. Oh well, KC gain is their loss.

I actually think the Rams are the best team and should be the winner. I just said Zona, because of the longshot odds. Now is a good time to put in your bets for long odd props as after the draft they will shift then again after camp this summer. I'd only bet the Cards at long odds.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,267

Post#513 » by wco81 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:12 am

It also helps when the Chiefs never get flagged in big games, especially their OL.

Now with Taylor, NFL really wants to pump up the Chiefs.
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#514 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:37 pm

wco81 wrote:It also helps when the Chiefs never get flagged in big games, especially their OL.

What really helps is the fact that we get to play lame duck QBs in the playoffs. Mahomes might be the GOAT. The AFC championship has been the superbowl basically for every chip we've gotten....and even then it's a mixed bag.

I don't fear any of the NFC teams. Cincinnati is the only team in the league on our level and Burrow can't stay healthy.

PS: You think Ayuik gets traded this week? Cause I do. Niners can't afford to pay these guys and will have make cuts or trade good players away. Soon.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#515 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:45 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
wco81 wrote:It also helps when the Chiefs never get flagged in big games, especially their OL.

What really helps is the fact that we get to play lame duck QBs in the playoffs. Mahomes might be the GOAT. The AFC championship has been the superbowl basically for every chip we've gotten....and even then it's a mixed bag.

I don't fear any of the NFC teams. Cincinnati is the only team in the league on our level and Burrow can't stay healthy.

PS: You think Ayuik gets traded this week? Cause I do. Niners can't afford to pay these guys and will have make cuts or trade good players away. Soon.

Burrow is a Assassin. He can tear anyone apart if he is healthy and not getting sacked 4-8 times a game. If the Bengals ever smartened up and put some decent resources on their O-line, Burrow is the only QB I fear.
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#516 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:56 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

Burrow is a Assassin. He can tear anyone apart if he is healthy and not getting sacked 4-8 times a game. If the Bengals ever smartened up and put some decent resources on their O-line, Burrow is the only QB I fear.

100%

He's my favorite QB besides Mahomes. Too bad he's in our conference. You're right about the Bengals needing to get OL. If they're smart they go OT in the draft and sign another dude in FA-as there's a couple good vets left.

Keep Burrow standing, and they have a shot at taking KC down. Only team I can see doing it in the league right now.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#517 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:02 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

100%

He's my favorite QB besides Mahomes. Too bad he's in our conference. You're right about the Bengals needing to get OL. If they're smart they go OT in the draft and sign another dude in FA-as there's a couple good vets left.

Keep Burrow standing, and they have a shot at taking KC down. Only team I can see doing it in the league right now.

There are a couple Houston Texan posters that will disagree with us. They are pounding their chest a bit early. :wink: :lol:
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#518 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:38 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Burrow is a Assassin. He can tear anyone apart if he is healthy and not getting sacked 4-8 times a game. If the Bengals ever smartened up and put some decent resources on their O-line, Burrow is the only QB I fear.

100%

There are a couple Houston Texan posters that will disagree with us. They are pounding their chest a bit early. :wink: :lol:

Diggs is gonna do Diggs things and blow them up. Besides I'd like to see Stroud do it for a little longer before I think he can out duel Mahomes.

Hollywood is gonna EAT in this offense. The rest pf the league has no idea. Just get 1 of those LT that are supposed to be awesome and watch Mahomes work. I like that Mims dude from Georgia.

Maybe a TE to replace Kelce too as he'll be with Taylor Swift sailing on 1 of the yachts this time next yr, or living in 1 of her mansions. I'd be surprised if he doesn't retire after this season.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#519 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:59 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
100%

Diggs is gonna do Diggs things and blow them up. Besides I'd like to see Stroud do it for a little longer before I think he can out duel Mahomes.

Hollywood is gonna EAT in this offense. The rest pf the league has no idea. Just get 1 of those LT that are supposed to be awesome and watch Mahomes work. I like that Mims dude from Georgia.

Maybe a TE to replace Kelce too as he'll be with Taylor Swift sailing on 1 of the yachts this time next yr, or living in 1 of her mansions. I'd be surprised if he doesn't retire after this season.

Spot on. :thumbsup: Wouldn't mind another WR. Toney and Skyy Moore are useless. I would like to see the Chiefs run the ball more this year.
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#520 » by Slim Charless » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:19 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:There are a couple Houston Texan posters that will disagree with us. They are pounding their chest a bit early. :wink: :lol:

Spot on. :thumbsup: Wouldn't mind another WR. Toney and Skyy Moore are useless. I would like to see the Chiefs run the ball more this year.

I feel the about running the ball. I wouldn't mind signing some ring chasing vet who's made a ton of $$$ to split with Pacheco. I was hoping the Saints would release Kamara but nope. Maybe someone else will shake free after the draft.

I hope that Toney or Skyy can be something on PR/KR. Would suck if those are wasted picks.

Return to The General NFL Board