Mike mccarthy hoodwinked cowboys into the job

Moderator: bwgood77

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,329

Re: Mike mccarthy hoodwinked cowboys into the job 

Post#21 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:34 pm

Mr B wrote:Honestly I knew they were going to have trouble running the ball this year. I have been saying since the “get rid of Zeke” talk started that Pollard is not the guy. Not full time anyways. He’s never been a lead back in his life until this year. He wasn’t a lead back at Memphis and from what I’ve read he wasn’t a lead back in HS.

That falls squarely on Jerry and McClay for not finding and drafting another RB to compliment Pollard like Zeke did. I believe McCarthy started the season wanting to be a power running team but he didn’t have the personnel.

As for McCarthy obvious he’s been “as advertised”. Packer fans told us what to expect and he’s been pretty much that. Although he hasn’t been conservative like he was in Green Bay. It’s time for him to go.

The Question is what are the Cowboys options? Do they go the coordinator route? Do they promote from within? Do they look to the college ranks? A retread? What are some realistic names that could be a possibility?

You and I can come up with all kinds of really good replacements. The real question once again after 28 years, will Jerry set his ego aside just once, and do the right thing? We need the best football minds, not a marketing genius that only cares about money, keeping his fan base in check while he fills his suite with hookers on home games while catering to the George Bush and Chris Christie's of the world.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,538

Post#22 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:49 pm

I'll say Cowboys get it together in the playoffs and lose in conference finals or Superbowl. They can't just lose in the 1st and 2nd rounds every 10-12 W season until the end of time. :lol: If you have that many 10-12 win teams you should make a CF by accident sometimes like when Norv's Chargers got in or the Colts in the Deflategate year. The Eagles are the NFC East team that loses in their 1st playoff game this year.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Post#23 » by Mr B » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:35 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:I'll say Cowboys get it together in the playoffs and lose in conference finals or Superbowl. They can't just lose in the 1st and 2nd rounds every 10-12 W season until the end of time. :lol: If you have that many 10-12 win teams you should make a CF by accident sometimes like when Norv's Chargers got in or the Colts in the Deflategate year. The Eagles are the NFC East team that loses in their 1st playoff game this year.

I wish I was as optimistic as you. With the way they have performed on the road this year I just don’t see it. Even if they beat the Bucs (or Falcons) in round 1 I don’t see them winning 3 road playoff games to get to the Super Bowl. I. They’re not getting past the 2nd round (again).
Mr B
RealGM

Post#24 » by Mr B » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:42 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Honestly I knew they were going to have trouble running the ball this year. I have been saying since the “get rid of Zeke” talk started that Pollard is not the guy. Not full time anyways. He’s never been a lead back in his life until this year. He wasn’t a lead back at Memphis and from what I’ve read he wasn’t a lead back in HS.

That falls squarely on Jerry and McClay for not finding and drafting another RB to compliment Pollard like Zeke did. I believe McCarthy started the season wanting to be a power running team but he didn’t have the personnel.

As for McCarthy obvious he’s been “as advertised”. Packer fans told us what to expect and he’s been pretty much that. Although he hasn’t been conservative like he was in Green Bay. It’s time for him to go.

The Question is what are the Cowboys options? Do they go the coordinator route? Do they promote from within? Do they look to the college ranks? A retread? What are some realistic names that could be a possibility?

You and I can come up with all kinds of really good replacements. The real question once again after 28 years, will Jerry set his ego aside just once, and do the right thing? We need the best football minds, not a marketing genius that only cares about money, keeping his fan base in check while he fills his suite with hookers on home games while catering to the George Bush and Chris Christie's of the world.

I think we all know the answer to that. I could see him giving the allusion in the beginning that he is willing to relinquish some power but we all know Jerry can’t help himself. He’s going to **** it up by getting too involved some way.

With that said I think my first choice is Jim Harbaugh. He has a track record of turning around franchises within a couple of seasons. He’s also good with QB’s. I’m not certain he wants to leave Michigan though.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,538

Post#25 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:03 pm

Mr B wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:I'll say Cowboys get it together in the playoffs and lose in conference finals or Superbowl. They can't just lose in the 1st and 2nd rounds every 10-12 W season until the end of time. :lol: If you have that many 10-12 win teams you should make a CF by accident sometimes like when Norv's Chargers got in or the Colts in the Deflategate year. The Eagles are the NFC East team that loses in their 1st playoff game this year.

I wish I was as optimistic as you. With the way they have performed on the road this year I just don’t see it. Even if they beat the Bucs (or Falcons) in round 1 I don’t see them winning 3 road playoff games to get to the Super Bowl. I. They’re not getting past the 2nd round (again).

Having to win b2b road games sounds daunting, but they have a more complete team than the Lions with their defense causing havoc on Goff, Detroit getting a nice easy 3-6 or 2-7 1st round against the Seahawks and then losing Round 2 at home to end feel good season with heads held high sounds about right.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#26 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:28 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I think we all know the answer to that. I could see him giving the allusion in the beginning that he is willing to relinquish some power but we all know Jerry can’t help himself. He’s going to **** it up by getting too involved some way.

With that said I think my first choice is Jim Harbaugh. He has a track record of turning around franchises within a couple of seasons. He’s also good with QB’s. I’m not certain he wants to leave Michigan though.

I think he is going to leave. Just a feeling though. If he doesn't come here Harbaugh most likely goes to the Chargers. Not only for the drama of it all, but the ratings, etc., and the marketing opportunity for Jerry will be hard to pass up. Especially if Michigan wins the whole shabang in a week or so.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#27 » by El Turco » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:51 am

Harbaugh is going to leave Michigan, especially with so many prime spots opening where he can have final decisions on personnel. Of course Dallas isnt one of those places lol
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#28 » by Mr B » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:58 pm

If by some miracle Mike McCarthy were fired and Harbaugh agreed to take over what are the chances Harbaugh picks his boy JJ McCarthy in round 1?
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#29 » by El Turco » Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:44 pm

Higher than most would think. Harbaugh has no problem with ripping out the band aid and putting in a young guy instead of keep on going with old failures.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#30 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:03 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
dr3am wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:He doesn't get any help from Nolan. Starting to miss Maranelli.

Y’all suck no matter whose there... ain’t been to the SB since how long now?

A quarter-century. Must feel like a lifetime.

Mike McCarthy is no better than Jason Garrett. Cowboy fans are now just starting to figure this out (or they will eventually lol). Still...they'll beat up those other teams in that division. Yet continue to struggle against good teams.

And that is exactly what has been going on and happened since you made this post 3 years ago. That was about the same time I said the Cowboys should move on from Dak and that he wasn't the guy. Nothing to look forward to next season. Jerry is bringing back both Dak and McCarthy. Another failed and wasted season coming up. Can't imagine how Mike hoodwinked himself into another season. This is so wrong.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#31 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:21 pm

Pharmcat wrote:Cowboys should fire him.. he hoodwinked them by saying he studied analytics lol

:rofl: :rofl: :ouch: :ouch: :falloff: :falloff:

Return to The General NFL Board