Moderator: bwgood77

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Re: Dak Prescott thread 

Post#981 » by Mr B » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:44 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:
Mr B wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:Yeah, because it's a crazy overpay.

It’s right in line with what the Broncos got for Russell Wilson. Dak is 5 years younger than Wilson.

It's more than what the Broncos gave up for Wilson AND Wilson even still had two years left on his contract, the Broncos were just dumb enough to extend him right away. Dak only has this year left and then his contract would automatically void, so the team that trades for him must extend him.

Not to mention why would a team want to replicate what the Broncos did in the first place?

Well the difference is Dak is younger and coming off his best season as a pro. Wilson is older and coming off his worst season. The comprensión is fair based on that.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#982 » by Mr B » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:48 pm

Speaking of the Broncos is here is the latest Dak trade rumor. One of the Broncos fan sites suggested this trade.

Dak Prescott and #24 for #12 and 2025 1st round pick.

This compensation is less. If I’m the Cowboys I don’t draft Penix at 12 and instead trade down and pick up and extra 2nd round pick. If the Cowboys can keep #24 in this trade then I stay at 12 and draft Troy Fautanu. Then trade up from 24 and draft Graham Barton (or stay at 24 and draft JPJ).

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,336

Post#983 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:50 pm

Mr B wrote:Speaking of the Broncos is here is the latest Dak trade rumor. One of the Broncos fan sites suggested this trade.

Dak Prescott and #24 for #12 and 2025 1st round pick.

This compensation is less. If I’m the Cowboys I don’t draft Penix at 12 and instead trade down and pick up and extra 2nd round pick. If the Cowboys can keep #24 in this trade then I stay at 12 and draft Troy Fautanu. Then trade up from 24 and draft Graham Barton (or stay at 24 and draft JPJ).

Read on Twitter

All in on this scenario as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :party:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,482

Post#984 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:55 pm

What's the vibe going to be like when Dak is the starter week 1?

You guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#985 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:01 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:What's the vibe going to be like when Dak is the starter week 1?

Your killing my vibe at the moment. :wink: This is the first time since Jerry announced McCarthy was coming back that my navel has jingled.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#986 » by Mr B » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:20 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:What's the vibe going to be like when Dak is the starter week 1?

There is nothing they can do that would be more disappointing than what they’ve already done. Clearly trading Dak is a pipe dream (for
The fanbase). It’s clearly the right thing for the Jones’ to do so we KNOW they will do the opposite.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,160

Post#987 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:32 pm

Mr B wrote:There is nothing they can do that would be more disappointing than what they’ve already done.

I mean, we could go 0-17.

There are actually worse things than losing in the playoffs.
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 328

Post#988 » by QB_Eagles » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:37 pm

Don't the Cowboys give you a different feeling this draft? :lol:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,482

Post#989 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:13 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:

When Jerry talks, you listen. :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#990 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:27 pm

As a Cowboys fan I haven't been less excited about a draft in a long time. I've barely even looked into it. I was super hyped for the "all in" free agency and now feel let down over that. Unless we luck into a miracle draft prospect we are taking a pretty big step backwards in talent.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#991 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:27 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:As a Cowboys fan I haven't been less excited about a draft in a long time. I've barely even looked into it. I was super hyped for the "all in" free agency and now feel let down over that. Unless we luck into a miracle draft prospect we are taking a pretty big step backwards in talent.

Like you've always said on a few occasions, it's all just entertainment for us all. Cheer up !! Things could be a hell of a lot worse. I could be married to your mother. :wink:
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 328

Post#992 » by QB_Eagles » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:49 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:As a Cowboys fan I haven't been less excited about a draft in a long time. I've barely even looked into it. I was super hyped for the "all in" free agency and now feel let down over that. Unless we luck into a miracle draft prospect we are taking a pretty big step backwards in talent.

Like you've always said on a few occasions, it's all just entertainment for us all. Cheer up !! Things could be a hell of a lot worse. I could be married to your mother. :wink:

That would make things a hell of a lot worse for Micah.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#993 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:19 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

It is all just entertainment and I'll watch the games.

The draft is another story though. I'll watch it for sure, but I'm not going to play scout and create mocks and all that. Don't have it in me this year.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#994 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:29 am

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

It is all just entertainment and I'll watch the games.

The draft is another story though. I'll watch it for sure, but I'm not going to play scout and create mocks and all that. Don't have it in me this year.

Do they have a support group in your area for people like you? :wink: :lol:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#995 » by Mr B » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:58 am

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:There is nothing they can do that would be more disappointing than what they’ve already done.

Both ways are losing. I’d actually prefer going 0-17 instead winning the division and going 1 and done in the playoffs. At least I’d be excited about having the #1 pick.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#996 » by Mr B » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:13 am

Read on Twitter
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#997 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:04 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:

Did you really buy everything Jerry and Stephen said in that press conference? I did find it awfully interesting Jerry kept using the word "timing on things" when it came to explaining contracts, the cap, etc,. I still think they are up to something however. And I haven't figured it all out yet, but Stephen Jones is really starting to rub me the wrong way. Plus he keeps looking down when trying to answer some of the questions which means he just being a bulls..t artist. Parts of it seemed like damage control to Cowboy nation with some snake oil being sprinkled on the outside. When Jerry talks he usually gives me the runs.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#998 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:10 am

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:

Both ways are losing. I’d actually prefer going 0-17 instead winning the division and going 1 and done in the playoffs. At least I’d be excited about having the #1 pick.

No way.

Fans stop watching games mid season with that.

And under that guise every team has a "losing" season except one
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,281

Post#999 » by wco81 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:10 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:Don't the Cowboys give you a different feeling this draft? :lol:

Did you really buy everything Jerry and Stephen said in that press conference? I did find it awfully interesting Jerry kept using the word "timing on things" when it came to explaining contracts, the cap, etc,. I still think they are up to something however. And I haven't figured it all out yet, but Stephen Jones is really starting to rub me the wrong way. Plus he keeps looking down when trying to answer some of the questions which means he just being a bulls..t artist. Parts of it seemed like damage control to Cowboy nation with some snake oil being sprinkled on the outside. When Jerry talks he usually gives me the runs.

He must be a Nepo baby.

But once Jerry is gone, he will be the main owner? Or will he have to answer to siblings and other family members too?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#1000 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:11 am

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:

Your in rare form tonight. :lol: :lol:

Return to The General NFL Board