Dak Prescott thread

Moderator: bwgood77

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Re: Dak Prescott thread 

Post#801 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:05 pm

El Turco wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Because of we could do something similar to Stafford-Goff trade that would be nice.

Just give two guys a new scene and system.

Yeah that might work, but those are different to pull off, both quarterbacks wanted an amicable exit which is rare and of course no one thought Goff could be resurrected like this.

Yea that’s a difficult trade to duplicate. There are a couple of QB’s whose teams MIGHT be open to a trade for Dak. Cleveland for Deshaun Watson? Arizona for Kyler Murray? Broncos for Russell Wilson? I don’t think the Cowboys would want any of those guys. Also Cleveland is the only place I think Dak would want to go to and that’s because of their chances at going deep in the playoffs.

I think a more likely scenario would be if Dan Quinn goes to Seattle to be their HC and they trade for Dak. Geno Smith (stopgap QB) and a 1st for Dak (could even be ‘25 FRP)? Would Seattle do anything like that?

How about the Steelers? 1st and a 3rd? We wouldn’t even want Mason Rudolph in this scenario. Would the Steelers entertain this trade? It would make them the deepest team at QB in the NFL.
last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Post#802 » by last stand » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:11 pm

Cowboys should draft a guy, plain and simple. Hire a young innovative guy (they won’t) develop the QB, bring him along behind a good OL, and some good weapons. Use the extra cash to fill out the defense

But no, they’ll probably hire bill belichick, trade for jimmy G, and that’ll be their move
Mr B
RealGM

Post#803 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:11 pm

SurfAndTurf wrote:
last stand wrote:
TinmanZBoy wrote:When your defense allowed the packers and Jordan Love that type of game, even an error free Dak would not have mattered

Down 7-0 cowboys have a drive to tie, punt.

Cowboys defense stops Green Bay the packers punt

Dak throws an INT and now the packers are at the 10 and score a TD

It’s 14-0, cowboys punt again

Packers score on the defense make it 20-0

Dak throws a pick 6 now it’s 27-0 game over.

And if everyone forgets dak also threw a pick in the endzone that was a gimme and was dropped. Which ended up 27-7. However let’s be real, he threw a pick but we’ll say that’s a wash so 27-7.

I see 2 punts, a disastrous interception, another punt and then a pick 6

What world is it the defense. They didn’t play good but it’s pretty hard to succeed when your offense can’t score and is giving the packers 14 points

Dak lost them that game. Plain and simple.

I agree with some of that but you lost me at Dak lost the game for them . I mentioned before the game if Dallas couldn’t slow Jones down they were in for a wild ride because a turnover or drive killing penalty will most likely mean your playing from behind and that’s what happened . The offense needed a perfect game Sunday and they didn’t get it . Deduct 14 points from the 2 picks and they still gave up 34 points that’s crazy . There were guys literally wide open and when they weren’t Love put the ball on the money . All the zone coverage out of the blue and running on first down out of the blue literally made me throw up in my mouth . Fire everyone, Hire the crazy dude from Michigan who will bring toughness to this team and let Dak play his contract out before extending. Eat the 50 million next year and move on .

That’s likely what they do with Dak. The final 2 years of Dak’s contract will be automatically voided and he will become an UFA in ‘25 if they do not give him an extension. If they want to resign him at that point they are likely looking at $70M-$80M per season … for Dak.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#804 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:12 pm

SurfAndTurf wrote:To me when you get a performance like this in a playoff game means the HC was unable to prepare the team and prepare the offensive game plan . I’m not a big fan of that . There’s a reason MM has 1 SB after a decade with 1 of the best QB s to ever play the game . That reason is Aaron Rodgers . He won despite of MM .

The coach was terrible, the defense was terrible, AND the QB was terrible until the game was out of reach. All can be true.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#805 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:14 pm

azcatz11 wrote:I floated this in the other thread but a Dak for Tua trade makes sense for both teams

Why would Miami do this? Rumor is they want to resign Tua.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#806 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:17 pm

last stand wrote:Cowboys should draft a guy, plain and simple. Hire a young innovative guy (they won’t) develop the QB, bring him along behind a good OL, and some good weapons. Use the extra cash to fill out the defense

But no, they’ll probably hire bill belichick, trade for jimmy G, and that’ll be their move

You mean the Cowboys should hire Jim Harbaugh and allow him to draft JJ McCarthy?
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,555

Post#807 » by azcatz11 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:21 pm

Mr B wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:I floated this in the other thread but a Dak for Tua trade makes sense for both teams

Why would Miami do this? Rumor is they want to resign Tua.

Gives both players a fresh start. They’re probably similar on the spectrum rank. Dak is a better fit because he’s a better long ball thrower. Jerry has been enamored with Tua since 2018 per reports
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#808 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:25 pm

Mr B wrote:
SurfAndTurf wrote:To me when you get a performance like this in a playoff game means the HC was unable to prepare the team and prepare the offensive game plan . I’m not a big fan of that . There’s a reason MM has 1 SB after a decade with 1 of the best QB s to ever play the game . That reason is Aaron Rodgers . He won despite of MM .

The coach was terrible, the defense was terrible, AND the QB was terrible until the game was out of reach. All can be true.

The entire team from top to bottom was garbage. Lamb was dropping passes, Parsons couldn't sack, no one could sack. No one could cover. QB threw to the other team, couldn't stop the run, kicker couldn't even kick an extra point.

That's what makes this hurt, because it's not like we are just one piece away from having a contender. The entire team was bad.

For everyone to just suddenly have their worst game ever at the same time once playoffs hit, it really feels like a magical curse of some sort.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#809 » by El Turco » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:31 pm

Tua also withers under pressure, against good teams, it would be Dak part deux for Dallas if you ask me.

Dolphins also should look to upgrade, every quarterback would love to play there with great weapons, play caller, weather etc, if any of them become disgruntled enough to move on of course. But all signs point to Dolphins resigning Tua.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#810 » by last stand » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:34 pm

El Turco wrote:Tua also withers under pressure, against good teams, it would be Dak part deux for Dallas if you ask me.

Dolphins also should look to upgrade, every quarterback would love to play there with great weapons, play caller, weather etc, if any of them become disgruntled enough to move on of course. But all signs point to Dolphins resigning Tua.

If I’m the dolphins I swing on fields. Design some crazy RPO offense with fields, waddle and hill
Mr B
RealGM

Post#811 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:35 pm

This statement by Jourdan Lewis about what Jerry said when he addressed the team today tells me heads are about roll. He’s as tired of this as the fans are I hope. I think he’s ready for a complete culture change.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg
Mr B
RealGM

Post#812 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:36 pm

last stand wrote:
El Turco wrote:Tua also withers under pressure, against good teams, it would be Dak part deux for Dallas if you ask me.

If I’m the dolphins I swing on fields. Design some crazy RPO offense with fields, waddle and hill

I think Chicago will end up sticking with Fields.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#813 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:39 pm

I still think Pittsburgh would be the perfect team for Dak.
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#814 » by last stand » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:40 pm

Mr B wrote:This statement by Jourdan Lewis about what Jerry said when he addressed the team today tells me heads are about roll. He’s as tired of this as the fans are I hope. I think he’s ready for a complete culture change.

Read on Twitter

Eh

He’s 81. Old dogs don’t learn new tricks. He’s the change that’s necessary. He can deflect it but in reality he’s the problem, and since he’s the problem I just don’t see anything being fixed.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#815 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:47 pm

last stand wrote:
Mr B wrote:This statement by Jourdan Lewis about what Jerry said when he addressed the team today tells me heads are about roll. He’s as tired of this as the fans are I hope. I think he’s ready for a complete culture change.

Read on Twitter

Eh

He’s 81. Old dogs don’t learn new tricks. He’s the change that’s necessary. He can deflect it but in reality he’s the problem, and since he’s the problem I just don’t see anything being fixed.

I’m about 95% in agreement with you. Ultimately this all boils down to Jerry and the way he runs the team. You can’t say though that he didn’t put a good team on the field. He gave MM (and his staff) and Dak everything they needed to win.
last stand
Sixth Man

Post#816 » by last stand » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:50 pm

Mr B wrote:
last stand wrote:

Read on Twitter

Eh

I’m about 95% in agreement with you. Ultimately this all boils down to Jerry and the way he runs the team. You can’t say though that he didn’t put a good team on the field. He gave MM (and his staff) and Dak everything they needed to win.

But he hired MM and resigned dak? And he’s the one who fired Kellen Moore who they looked better with last year. I just think he’s the root of the problem.

Hes made some great decisions. But he’s also made some terrible ones.
El Turco

Post#817 » by El Turco » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:53 pm

Mr B wrote:
El Turco wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Because of we could do something similar to Stafford-Goff trade that would be nice.

Just give two guys a new scene and system.

Yeah that might work, but those are different to pull off, both quarterbacks wanted an amicable exit which is rare and of course no one thought Goff could be resurrected like this.

Yea that’s a difficult trade to duplicate. There are a couple of QB’s whose teams MIGHT be open to a trade for Dak. Cleveland for Deshaun Watson? Arizona for Kyler Murray? Broncos for Russell Wilson? I don’t think the Cowboys would want any of those guys. Also Cleveland is the only place I think Dak would want to go to and that’s because of their chances at going deep in the playoffs.

I think a more likely scenario would be if Dan Quinn goes to Seattle to be their HC and they trade for Dak. Geno Smith (stopgap QB) and a 1st for Dak (could even be ‘25 FRP)? Would Seattle do anything like that?

How about the Steelers? 1st and a 3rd? We wouldn’t even want Mason Rudolph in this scenario. Would the Steelers entertain this trade? It would make them the deepest team at QB in the NFL.

It would likely be through free agency, not a trade, but acquiring Russ isn't the worst idea in my opinion. He would come almost free and seemed to have a little more juice in the second half of the season. You can draft someone, put them in a competition, or have your pick sit behind Russ for a year if he is raw.

In the worst-case scenario, the Cowboys with Russ and reinforcements from the quarterback money saved can potentially secure 10-11 wins and experience a first or second-round exit. In a better scenario, Russ is resurrected like Tannehill or Goff, takes the Cowboys to the conference title game, and has an off chance at the Super Bowl. The best scenario your lottery ticket (draft pick) hits, and for the next 4-5 years you are golden with your quarterback earning a rookie salary. Of course, there are catastrophic scenarios where you face the injury bug or all your quarterbacks are dog ****, but when you don't commit guaranteed money to your quarterbacks, this scenario is easy to fix next year.

El Turco

Post#818 » by El Turco » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:56 pm

last stand wrote:

I always wanted to see Fields in Shanahan offense but this would be the next best thing. But yeah looks like Chicago is keeping him.

Mr B
RealGM

Post#819 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:57 pm

last stand wrote:
Mr B wrote:
last stand wrote:
Eh

But he hired MM and resigned dak? And he’s the one who fired Kellen Moore who they looked better with last year. I just think he’s the root of the problem.

Hes made some great decisions. But he’s also made some terrible ones.

The Kellen Moore decision was the right decision. They were not better offensively under Moore. Moore had a better RB is all. Kellen Moore is not good playing situational football.

Other than that Jerry did hire MM and did pay Dak. Although I think that Jerry did so reluctantly. That’s why it ended up costing him so much.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Post#820 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:18 pm

Mr B wrote:I think a more likely scenario would be if Dan Quinn goes to Seattle to be their HC and they trade for Dak. Geno Smith (stopgap QB) and a 1st for Dak (could even be ‘25 FRP)? Would Seattle do anything like that?

No.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over

Return to The General NFL Board