Dak Prescott thread

Moderator: bwgood77

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,265

Re: Dak Prescott thread 

Post#821 » by wco81 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:19 am

last stand wrote:
El Turco wrote:Tua also withers under pressure, against good teams, it would be Dak part deux for Dallas if you ask me.

Dolphins also should look to upgrade, every quarterback would love to play there with great weapons, play caller, weather etc, if any of them become disgruntled enough to move on of course. But all signs point to Dolphins resigning Tua.

If I’m the dolphins I swing on fields. Design some crazy RPO offense with fields, waddle and hill

If you watch Hard Knocks, those players are walking around in shorts in late December.

Dolphins had problems in cold weather games long before Tua.

Unless they can get HFA, the only way they get through the AFC is to build a power running game, with linemen, backs and TEs who travel well to the cold northern cities.
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect
And1: 203

Post#822 » by WentzerWuver » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:20 am

El Turco wrote:
last stand wrote:
El Turco wrote:Tua also withers under pressure, against good teams, it would be Dak part deux for Dallas if you ask me.

Dolphins also should look to upgrade, every quarterback would love to play there with great weapons, play caller, weather etc, if any of them become disgruntled enough to move on of course. But all signs point to Dolphins resigning Tua.

If I’m the dolphins I swing on fields. Design some crazy RPO offense with fields, waddle and hill

I always wanted to see Fields in Shanahan offense but this would be the next best thing. But yeah looks like Chicago is keeping him.

Trey was a carbon copy of Fields so Kyle already has a taste of it and it stinks. Purdy is better than Justin by a landslide!

Once Purdy wins the SB and crown FMVP, he wouldn't mind losing the season MVP to Lamar who has earned it imo.
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#823 » by WentzerWuver » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:38 am

Mr B wrote:
last stand wrote:
Mr B wrote:I’m about 95% in agreement with you. Ultimately this all boils down to Jerry and the way he runs the team. You can’t say though that he didn’t put a good team on the field. He gave MM (and his staff) and Dak everything they needed to win.

But he hired MM and resigned dak? And he’s the one who fired Kellen Moore who they looked better with last year. I just think he’s the root of the problem.

Hes made some great decisions. But he’s also made some terrible ones.

The Kellen Moore decision was the right decision. They were not better offensively under Moore. Moore had a better RB is all. Kellen Moore is not good playing situational football.

Other than that Jerry did hire MM and did pay Dak. Although I think that Jerry did so reluctantly. That’s why it ended up costing him so much.

Hindsight is everyone friend to state the obvious but Moore was the genius who scheme the playbook while old school MM just calls those same plays Moore scheme up more aggressively.

https://youtube.com/shorts/7SM4lIZsa1c?si=OygwXoAo_Tzk-HAj
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 326

Post#824 » by QB_Eagles » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:16 am

Mr B wrote:This statement by Jourdan Lewis about what Jerry said when he addressed the team today tells me heads are about roll. He’s as tired of this as the fans are I hope. I think he’s ready for a complete culture change.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg

Old man reminiscing the glory days 30 years ago.

"This is the Dallas Cowboys." As if that means anything today.

Compare this pressure to the Packers: Young team with nothing to lose.
SurfAndTurf
Freshman
And1: 17

Post#825 » by SurfAndTurf » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:06 am

last stand wrote:
SurfAndTurf wrote:To me when you get a performance like this in a playoff game means the HC was unable to prepare the team and prepare the offensive game plan . I’m not a big fan of that . There’s a reason MM has 1 SB after a decade with 1 of the best QB s to ever play the game . That reason is Aaron Rodgers . He won despite of MM .

Dak had a 2-5 playoff record. Hes tied with Alex smith for playoff record

Alex smith played for Jim harbaugh and Andy Reid

Sometimes it’s the QB.

I think it can be more chalked up to the entire offense which obviously includes the QB but how many times did they show the coverage with no one open . But here’s the thing . GB mirrored whatever Buffalo did on defense in coverage it . Those are games DAK has to run the ball 10 maybe 15 times because it’s all that’s there but he’s never done that and it seems like teams know that . If you’re dropping so maybe players in coverage you have to run the ball so in a sense that’s all on Dak because he has the option to run every time he drops back . I think he had 45 yards rushing but the damage was done already . You see defenses do this and you see players like Allen , Jackson and Hurts make them pay . Baltimore dared Purdy to run and he turned in a similar performance as DAK did yesterday. You have to do something to stop the defense from being so comfortable dropping guys into coverage . I don’t know why more teams don’t dare Dak to run . SF, Buffalo and TB all had extreme success doing that to Dallas .
SurfAndTurf
Freshman
And1: 17

Post#826 » by SurfAndTurf » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:17 am

Dallas is just very bland . If a defense is dropping a lot of guys in coverage over and over and you still can’t run the ball with a conventional handoff because they did try , then do something different. More QB keepers , option into a pistol , run a reverse do freaking something besides the same thing that’s not working .

But let’s not discredit a GB team who I said before the game looked like a team that could exit these playoffs with people knowing a lot more of their players names then they did during the season and the could enter next year looked at as a contender. I don’t know if they scheme those back pedal passes Love does but it sure seems like it . I never saw anything like that . It normally spells disaster to pass back peddling off your back foot but he does it like 10 times a game it’s crazy .
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#827 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:53 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
El Turco wrote:
last stand wrote:

I always wanted to see Fields in Shanahan offense but this would be the next best thing. But yeah looks like Chicago is keeping him.

Trey was a carbon copy of Fields so Kyle already has a taste of it and it stinks. Purdy is better than Justin by a landslide!

Once Purdy wins the SB and crown FMVP, he wouldn't mind losing the season MVP to Lamar who has earned it imo.

Other than ability to run little bit, Trey doesnt have much in common with Fields. Fields might have played more games this season than Trey played in his career including college.

I do agree Purdy is significantly better but I think Fields can be molded into top 15 type of quarterback, he is already faster than any other quarterback in game play and shown enough passing acumen where you cant just bottle him up.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
wembambamya
Junior
And1: 114

Post#828 » by wembambamya » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:34 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Welp Dak is an absolute train wreck this game and he is 100% the reason we will lose. Go ahead and throw all of your "I told you so" comments my way. I'm sure BBJ has an endless amount of it.

This is the worst game he's played not only this season but maybe his entire career.

Dallas is in a pickle when it comes to resigning him. I'd definitely be hesitant to give him a big contract if I were the front office. I don't see how they can TBH. This may be his last game in Dallas.

So after 38 pages we are all in agreement that you cant win in playoffs with Dak and it is not sensible to give him another large contract. All the contentious arguments wasnt worth it imo.

No, I think just about any QB can win with an elite defense and this game included.

I do agree that it is not sensible to give him a large contract though.

It's rough because I definitely don't have faith that we will produce a better QB within the next 2-3 years. Hell some franchises spend decades searching for a QB. So while I don't want to resign Dak, I'm not eager to reset that position either.

How do you plan to have an elite defense lol they dont just appear magically
wembambamya
Junior

Post#829 » by wembambamya » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:38 pm

wco81 wrote:I never once thought that 49ers should have moved on from Steve Young when he was unable to get the team a SB ring.

Then again the salaries weren't crazy like they are now and there wasn't a salary cap.

But I don't think it was even on the radar of 49ers fans at the time that the team should tank and try to start again with a young QB.

There were certainly a lot of fans who attacked the front office and Walsh and Seifert for getting rid of Montana too early but there was no talk about getting rid of Young.

He had a huge monkey on his back but finally when he got it off, it was one of the most dominant performances in SB history.

Steve Young didnt go 8 years without a Super Bowl as a starter in SF lol
wembambamya
Junior

Post#830 » by wembambamya » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:40 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:400 yards and 3 TD's!!!

Packers going prevent defense most of the game was the best thing that could happen to rest of the NFC. Now Dallas fans and management will think there is nothing wrong with the offense and just focus on fixing the defense instead lol
wembambamya
Junior

Post#831 » by wembambamya » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:42 pm

El Turco wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
El Turco wrote:

Other than ability to run little bit, Trey doesnt have much in common with Fields. Fields might have played more games this season than Trey played in his career including college.

I do agree Purdy is significantly better but I think Fields can be molded into top 15 type of quarterback, he is already faster than any other quarterback in game play and shown enough passing acumen where you cant just bottle him up.

Agreed, Fields has shown much more than Trey both as a runner and thrower. Fields is closer to Lamar imo, just needs better offensive play callers.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,329

Post#832 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:16 pm

azcatz11 wrote:I floated this in the other thread but a Dak for Tua trade makes sense for both teams

Tua sucks as much as Dak. Don't want that bum either in Dallas. Only a fruitcake would come up with that idea. I saw that post a couple days ago and ignored it because I thought it was totally stupid.
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#833 » by WentzerWuver » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:13 pm

El Turco wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
El Turco wrote:

Only difference is that Trey is more raw but his cannon arm and downhill speed are like Justin. His leg strength is actually closer to Hurts. Not his fault he had to learn the most complex playbook in then league after only one season of college play. Trey will obviously rep all the preseason games and then implement some wildcat plays like Kyle did during the season until he gain some chemistry with Lambs to finally take over as starter. Trade Dak for a 1st and 3rd round picks since he led the league in TD and was in the MVP discussion this season. Atlanta or Vikings would be ideal spots with enough playmakers to wet his whistle.

84 TD with 1 Int at NDSU
https://youtu.be/7EtlwQ798LE?si=z7YG0p6yWo8WFVhh

1st TD in the NFL
https://youtu.be/A8HNhZ-_dfw?si=zY6oS2cx-iffCBWw

1st pass in the NFL
https://youtu.be/1VfuJlEv7EM?si=OWTIMqfK01Xn2ERf
El Turco

Post#834 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:48 pm

Lol no quarterback has Fields' downhill speed. Lance is just imaginary at this point, there have been many theories about what he can do but he hasnt shown anything to affirm them. Longer it takes for him to get on the field, the less likely he fulfills those theories.

azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,564

Post#835 » by azcatz11 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:13 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:I floated this in the other thread but a Dak for Tua trade makes sense for both teams

Tua sucks as much as Dak. Don't want that bum either in Dallas. Only a fruitcake would come up with that idea. I saw that post a couple days ago and ignored it because I thought it was totally stupid.

It provides both quarterbacks a change of scenery...looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning jeesh
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#836 » by WentzerWuver » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:19 pm

El Turco wrote:Lol no quarterback has Fields' downhill speed. Lance is just imaginary at this point, there have been many theories about what he can do but he hasnt shown anything to affirm them. Longer it takes for him to get on the field, the less likely he fulfills those theories.
No QB? Lamar would spot Justin 10 yards at the 50 and would still catch up to him before he reach the end zone along with a bunch of receivers. Besides, Lamar is much better at scrambling in the pocket to avoid a sack while your guy would go straight down if there was no lane open or did you missed his first 2 years when he led the league in sacks.

Regardless, Da Bears will regret passing up on Caleb cause he's special like CJ and Mahomes where he will make an immediate impact on week 1.

https://youtube.com/shorts/PbojL1b189g?si=V02mwWw9FFqH1iAf
El Turco

Post#837 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:49 pm

In his best year Lamar had 1206 yards rushing with the the top rated offensive line in the league, last year Fields had 1143 yards with one of the lowest rated offensive lines in the league. Fields is already the better runner, I dont think there is any doubt about that.

I dont know what happens with Caleb, certainly selective clips would make your garbageman look like an nfl QB, but I would draft a QB over Fields only because I am against giving QBs large contracts unless you have a team ready to contend.

WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#838 » by WentzerWuver » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:12 pm

El Turco wrote:In his best year Lamar had 1206 yards rushing with the the top rated offensive line in the league, last year Fields had 1143 yards with one of the lowest rated offensive lines in the league. Fields is already the better runner, I dont think there is any doubt about that.

I dont know what happens with Caleb, certainly selective clips would make your garbageman look like an nfl QB, but I would draft a QB over Fields only because I am against giving QBs large contracts unless you have a team ready to contend.

Oh so you wouldn't make Mahomes the highest paid QB in the league and rather draft another QB hoping you strike gold again? As a fan I dont care as they are elite QB who doesnt choke. Fields is NOT elite and may never be one.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#839 » by Worm Guts » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:19 pm

El Turco wrote:In his best year Lamar had 1206 yards rushing with the the top rated offensive line in the league, last year Fields had 1143 yards with one of the lowest rated offensive lines in the league. Fields is already the better runner, I dont think there is any doubt about that.

QB rushing yards generally aren’t a product of offensive line play. I’d take Lamar
El Turco

Post#840 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:27 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:

Oh so you wouldn't make Mahomes the highest paid QB in the league and rather draft another QB hoping you strike gold again? As a fan I dont care as they are elite QB who doesnt choke. Fields is NOT elite and may never be one.

If a QB does not lead your team to couple of playoff wins within his 5 year rookie contract, then he is not elite. You would have to try really hard to not get to playoffs and win a game or two with someone like Mahomes, exceptions are organizations which are in perpetual chaos and dont have stability.

No one said Fields is elite, you just have a weird infatuation with him, he does have a skillset that very few have and hasnt been given the right environment to flourish. He can become a mid level qb that you can win with at the right price.

Return to The General NFL Board