Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,478

Re: Dak Prescott thread 

Post#923 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Apr 7, 2024 6:48 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Bjj is conflicted.

About what?

About whom your favorite team is. You just can't stop living in Jerry's world. :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#924 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Apr 7, 2024 6:50 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Bjj is conflicted.

About what?

About whom your favorite team is. You just can't stop living in Jerry's world. :wink:

Jerry finally pushed me over the edge when he brought back McCarthy.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,159

Post#925 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:57 pm

I do think it would be really difficult to trade Dak right now. Have tp give him a new contract right away and whoever acquires him is going to immediately be locked into a standoff with his agent demanding he be the highest paid player in the NFL. No one is going to want to deal with that right from the get go.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,054

Post#926 » by Mr B » Sun Apr 7, 2024 8:12 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I do think it would be really difficult to trade Dak right now. Have tp give him a new contract right away and whoever acquires him is going to immediately be locked into a standoff with his agent demanding he be the highest paid player in the NFL. No one is going to want to deal with that right from the get go.

It depends on how QB needy teams view Dak. I mean look what Kirk Cousins got from Atlanta. And he’s 36 years old coming off an Achilles injury.

Dak is in his prime. There are rumors that New England won’t be taking a QB and prefer to trade down. If they prefer a veteran QB what would they be willing to trade for a 2nd team All Pro QB in his prime? I don’t think he’ll have a problem getting the money he wants. I do agree though that the Cowboys may not get much in a trade for him though. Any team trading for him is just getting the first right to negotiate with his agent. I think they could still get a 1st and a 2nd for him though.
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect
And1: 227

Post#927 » by WentzerWuver » Mon Apr 8, 2024 1:18 am

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I do think it would be really difficult to trade Dak right now. Have tp give him a new contract right away and whoever acquires him is going to immediately be locked into a standoff with his agent demanding he be the highest paid player in the NFL. No one is going to want to deal with that right from the get go.

It depends on how QB needy teams view Dak. I mean look what Kirk Cousins got from Atlanta. And he’s 36 years old coming off an Achilles injury.

Dak is in his prime. There are rumors that New England won’t be taking a QB and prefer to trade down. If they prefer a veteran QB what would they be willing to trade for a 2nd team All Pro QB in his prime? I don’t think he’ll have a problem getting the money he wants. I do agree though that the Cowboys may not get much in a trade for him though. Any team trading for him is just getting the first right to negotiate with his agent. I think they could still get a 1st and a 2nd for him though.
Most teams would rather give Dak 3 first round picks than Trey, just ask the 49ers.

There will he another Trey drafted in the top 5 of this QB class....the question is who.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#928 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:30 pm

Mr B wrote:

I would totally be shocked if anyone was willing to pay Dak over 50 mill per year after next season.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#929 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:39 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I would totally be shocked if anyone was willing to pay Dak over 50 mill per year after next season.

Are you kidding? That's almost what Cousins just signed for and he is 5 years older than Dak.

How could you be shocked by ANY QB contract these days? Even bad QBs can summon massive deals.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#930 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:01 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:It depends on how QB needy teams view Dak. I mean look what Kirk Cousins got from Atlanta. And he’s 36 years old coming off an Achilles injury.

Are you kidding? That's almost what Cousins just signed for and he is 5 years older than Dak.

How could you be shocked by ANY QB contract these days? Even bad QBs can summon massive deals.

In 2 years the falcons will regret they signed and paid Cousins that money. I just can't see it to be honest with you. I've had conversations with over 3 dozen friends, fantasy buddies, etc., most of which are Patriots, Steelers, Packers, Giants, Dolphins, Bears and Egals fans. When we had this conversation not one of them said they wanted Dak even on their teams. Maybe some stupid team like the Panthers, Jags or Jets, but like I said, I would be shocked. I mean, think about it for a minute, if a team really wanted Dak they would start making it public they wanted him should he wave his no trade clause.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#931 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:18 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I would totally be shocked if anyone was willing to pay Dak over 50 mill per year after next season.

In 2 years The falcons will regret they signed and paid Cousins that money. I just can't see it to be honest with you. I've had conversations with over 3 dozen friends, fantasy buddies, etc., most of which are Patriots, Steelers, Packers, Giants, Dolphins, Bears and Egals fans. When we had this conversation not one of them said they wanted Dak even on their teams. Maybe some stupid team like the Panthers, Jags or Jets, but like I said, I would be shocked. I mean, think about it for a minute, if a team really wanted Dak they would start making it public they wanted him should he wave his no trade clause.

Those are "buddies" they don't think like GMs do.

In real life Daniel Jones gets a huge contract. Along with every other QB in the league.

Dak is going to get a record breaking deal for sure, that is almost a certainty.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#932 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:24 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Are you kidding? That's almost what Cousins just signed for and he is 5 years older than Dak.

In 2 years The falcons will regret they signed and paid Cousins that money. I just can't see it to be honest with you. I've had conversations with over 3 dozen friends, fantasy buddies, etc., most of which are Patriots, Steelers, Packers, Giants, Dolphins, Bears and Egals fans. When we had this conversation not one of them said they wanted Dak even on their teams. Maybe some stupid team like the Panthers, Jags or Jets, but like I said, I would be shocked. I mean, think about it for a minute, if a team really wanted Dak they would start making it public they wanted him should he wave his no trade clause.

In real life Daniel Jones gets a huge contract. Along with every other QB in the league.

Dak is going to get a record breaking deal for sure, that is almost a certainty.

They are fans from many different fan bases like us. I was even a bit surprised not one of them was interested in the slightest. Hopefully you are right on this one. I just want him out of Dallas.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#933 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:39 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:In 2 years The falcons will regret they signed and paid Cousins that money. I just can't see it to be honest with you. I've had conversations with over 3 dozen friends, fantasy buddies, etc., most of which are Patriots, Steelers, Packers, Giants, Dolphins, Bears and Egals fans. When we had this conversation not one of them said they wanted Dak even on their teams. Maybe some stupid team like the Panthers, Jags or Jets, but like I said, I would be shocked. I mean, think about it for a minute, if a team really wanted Dak they would start making it public they wanted him should he wave his no trade clause.

They are fans from many different fan bases like us. I was even a bit surprised not one of them was interested in the slightest. Hopefully you are right on this one. I just want him out of Dallas.

Most "fans" probably don't want anyone but Mahomes. In the real world teams have to take whatever they can get and Dak will probably be BPA when available.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,478

Post#934 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:50 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Most "fans" probably don't want anyone but Mahomes. In the real world teams have to take whatever they can get and Dak will probably be BPA when available.

I think most fanbases would take Dak. Just not for the kind of money he will demand. It's the same conundrum that Dallas is currently mulling. You can win with him. But not when he's taking up so much of your cap.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#935 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:56 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Those are "buddies" they don't think like GMs do.

Most "fans" probably don't want anyone but Mahomes. In the real world teams have to take whatever they can get and Dak will probably be BPA when available.

I'm not denying at all someone will take him. I'm saying no one will pay him 60+ mill a year.
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 328

Post#936 » by QB_Eagles » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:28 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I would totally be shocked if anyone was willing to pay Dak over 50 mill per year after next season.

In 2 years the falcons will regret they signed and paid Cousins that money. I just can't see it to be honest with you. I've had conversations with over 3 dozen friends, fantasy buddies, etc., most of which are Patriots, Steelers, Packers, Giants, Dolphins, Bears and Egals fans. When we had this conversation not one of them said they wanted Dak even on their teams. Maybe some stupid team like the Panthers, Jags or Jets, but like I said, I would be shocked. I mean, think about it for a minute, if a team really wanted Dak they would start making it public they wanted him should he wave his no trade clause.

That would be tampering.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#937 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:56 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:They are fans from many different fan bases like us. I was even a bit surprised not one of them was interested in the slightest. Hopefully you are right on this one. I just want him out of Dallas.

I'm not denying at all someone will take him. I'm saying no one will pay him 60+ mill a year.

He is going to be the highest paid player in the NFL when he gets a new contract, you can bet your last penny on it.

Watson became the highest paid QB without even playing.

The only things I can see preventing that is an injury or maybe if Mahomes gets a new contract at the same time. Outside of that his agent is going to have a field day. That is just what the NFL is, we see it time and time again and it's time to stop being "shocked".
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,054

Post#938 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:32 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:

They will absolutely regret giving Cousins that contract. The fact they did though shows that there is always at least 1 idiot out there that will be willing to offer the contract. You can bet your ass that someone will pay Dak. There’s no shortage of idiot GM’s in the NFL.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,269

Post#939 » by wco81 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:35 am

If he has another good season stats-wise, he will get paid.

There may be questions about the Cowboys OL and running game but he still has Lamb and other weapons right?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#940 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:52 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Most "fans" probably don't want anyone but Mahomes. In the real world teams have to take whatever they can get and Dak will probably be BPA when available.

He is going to be the highest paid player in the NFL when he gets a new contract, you can bet your last penny on it.

Watson became the highest paid QB without even playing.

The only things I can see preventing that is an injury or maybe if Mahomes gets a new contract at the same time. Outside of that his agent is going to have a field day. That is just what the NFL is, we see it time and time again and it's time to stop being "shocked".

Mahomes already restructured his contract quite a few weeks ago that trimmed off 21 mill in cap space for the Chiefs. Brady was never the highest paid QB in all his playing years. They were always more team friendly. Sure seems to be working out for those boys. And I don't get shocked in life anymore at my age. To me it will be shocking though, if some stupid azz idiot would be willing to pay dumb Dak Prescott 60+ mill a year for that loser. Christ, Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder can read defenses better than Dak.

Return to The General NFL Board