Dak Prescott thread

Moderator: bwgood77

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,050

Re: Dak Prescott thread 

Post#941 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:43 pm

wco81 wrote:If he has another good season stats-wise, he will get paid.

There may be questions about the Cowboys OL and running game but he still has Lamb and other weapons right?

Yea he still has weapons in Dallas but the discussion is really about would any other team pay Dak what he wants if he hits the open market. If the Cowboys don’t resign him this off season he will be an UFA after the season is over. Some here think Dak will get his demands met regardless if he resigns with the Cowboys or not and some think there is no way in hell any other team (or even Dallas) is going to pay Dak what he wants.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#942 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:45 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm not denying at all someone will take him. I'm saying no one will pay him 60+ mill a year.

He is going to be the highest paid player in the NFL when he gets a new contract, you can bet your last penny on it.

Watson became the highest paid QB without even playing.

The only things I can see preventing that is an injury or maybe if Mahomes gets a new contract at the same time. Outside of that his agent is going to have a field day. That is just what the NFL is, we see it time and time again and it's time to stop being "shocked".

Mahomes already restructured his contract quite a few weeks ago that trimmed off 21 mill in cap space for the Chiefs. Brady was never the highest paid QB in all his playing years. They were always more team friendly. Sure seems to be working out for those boys. And I don't get shocked in life anymore at my age. To me it will be shocking though, if some stupid azz idiot would be willing to pay dumb Dak Prescott 60+ mill a year for that loser. Christ, Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder can read defenses better than Dak.

You’re giving Brady way too much credit. It was easy for him to take less considering he’s wasn’t the main bread winner in his household. If he wasn’t married to someone that made twice as much as he does he never would have taken a pay cut.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,158

Post#943 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:54 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Are you kidding? That's almost what Cousins just signed for and he is 5 years older than Dak.

How could you be shocked by ANY QB contract these days? Even bad QBs can summon massive deals.

In 2 years the falcons will regret they signed and paid Cousins that money. I just can't see it to be honest with you. I've had conversations with over 3 dozen friends, fantasy buddies, etc., most of which are Patriots, Steelers, Packers, Giants, Dolphins, Bears and Egals fans. When we had this conversation not one of them said they wanted Dak even on their teams. Maybe some stupid team like the Panthers, Jags or Jets, but like I said, I would be shocked. I mean, think about it for a minute, if a team really wanted Dak they would start making it public they wanted him should he wave his no trade clause.

They will absolutely regret giving Cousins that contract. The fact they did though shows that there is always at least 1 idiot out there that will be willing to offer the contract. You can bet your ass that someone will pay Dak. There’s no shortage of idiot GM’s in the NFL.

It's not that the GMs are idiots. It's that there IS a shortage of good QBs available. So yes they are going to jump whenever one hits the market.

You and BJJ are so biased against Dak that you can't see the very simple logic here, but for MOST of the teams in the NFL, Dak would be a huge upgrade.

I mean, I really want a Ferrari, really bad. But I'll jump at a Mazerati if the one suddenly becomes a available to me. Because currently I drive a Toyota.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#944 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:10 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:In 2 years the falcons will regret they signed and paid Cousins that money. I just can't see it to be honest with you. I've had conversations with over 3 dozen friends, fantasy buddies, etc., most of which are Patriots, Steelers, Packers, Giants, Dolphins, Bears and Egals fans. When we had this conversation not one of them said they wanted Dak even on their teams. Maybe some stupid team like the Panthers, Jags or Jets, but like I said, I would be shocked. I mean, think about it for a minute, if a team really wanted Dak they would start making it public they wanted him should he wave his no trade clause.

They will absolutely regret giving Cousins that contract. The fact they did though shows that there is always at least 1 idiot out there that will be willing to offer the contract. You can bet your ass that someone will pay Dak. There’s no shortage of idiot GM’s in the NFL.

It's not that the GMs are idiots. It's that there IS a shortage of good QBs available. So yes they are going to jump whenever one hits the market.

You and BJJ are so biased against Dak that you can't see the very simple logic here, but for MOST of the teams in the NFL, Dak would be a huge upgrade.

I mean, I really want a Ferrari, really bad. But I'll jump at a Mazerati if the one suddenly becomes a available to me. Because currently I drive a Toyota.

Would you still want to pay the most anyone has ever paid for a car if that Farrari continuously breaks down at the same time every year?

I don’t NEED a Farrari. I would be more than happy paying less for a Lexus as long it was extremely reliable and always got me where I wanted to go.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#945 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:29 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:They will absolutely regret giving Cousins that contract. The fact they did though shows that there is always at least 1 idiot out there that will be willing to offer the contract. You can bet your ass that someone will pay Dak. There’s no shortage of idiot GM’s in the NFL.

Would you still want to pay the most anyone has ever paid for a car if that Farrari continuously breaks down at the same time every year?

I don’t NEED a Farrari. I would be more than happy paying less for a Lexus as long it was extremely reliable and always got me where I wanted to go.

Most teams in the NFL are just waiting to be able to get into the playoffs and "break down". Mahomes is the ONLY "reliable Lexus". Everyone else "breaks down"

Seriously, just look around the league. You can't blame these GMs they just want to win games and while Dak absolutely does not guarantee a ring he will guarantee a good regular season and that might be the best option even available to them.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,330

Post#946 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:55 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:

Most teams in the NFL are just waiting to be able to get into the playoffs and "break down". Mahomes is the ONLY "reliable Lexus". Everyone else "breaks down"

Seriously, just look around the league. You can't blame these GMs they just want to win games and while Dak absolutely does not guarantee a ring he will guarantee a good regular season and that might be the best option even available to them.

That isn't true. Stafford won a Super Bowl. You bring it up all the time. IMHO Burrow can win a chip if they keep him healthy and spend a little money on the O-line. No doubt in my mind. At least the Allen's, Burrow's, Purdy's and Goff's can get by the wild card round.
So I have been right about your unhealthy man crush you've had on Dak all these years. You just can't let it go. How much more do you need to see? What is it that you think the rest of us aren't getting when it comes to Dak. He hit his ceiling 4 years ago like I said and he hasn't improved on that ceiling the past 3 years.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#947 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:11 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:Would you still want to pay the most anyone has ever paid for a car if that Farrari continuously breaks down at the same time every year?

That isn't true. Stafford won a Super Bowl. You bring it up all the time. IMHO Burrow can win a chip if they keep him healthy and spend a little money on the O-line. No doubt in my mind. At least the Allen's, Burrow's, Purdy's and Goff's can get by the wild card round.
So I have been right about your unhealthy man crush you've had on Dak all these years. You just can't let it go. How much more do you need to see? What is it that you think the rest of us aren't getting when it comes to Dak. He hit his ceiling 4 years ago like I said and he hasn't improved on that ceiling the past 3 years.

I think almost any QB can win a ring on the right team.

Matt Stafford is 11-72 against teams with a winning record. You think he is "reliable"? :lol:

Peyton Manning was the very worst rated QB in the NFL when he won a ring with the Broncos. He threw 0 TDs and 1 INT in that Super Bowl.

What this has to do with Dak's contract? IDK lol but you brought it up so....
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#948 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:30 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Most teams in the NFL are just waiting to be able to get into the playoffs and "break down". Mahomes is the ONLY "reliable Lexus". Everyone else "breaks down"

I think almost any QB can win a ring on the right team.

Matt Stafford is 11-72 against teams with a winning record. You think he is "reliable"? :lol:

Peyton Manning was the very worst rated QB in the NFL when he won a ring with the Broncos. He threw 0 TDs and 1 INT in that Super Bowl.

What this has to do with Dak's contract? IDK lol but you brought it up so....

But Stafford won a chip. Manning played on a lights out Legend of Boom type defense when all he had to do was not screw it up and won a chip. At least they were reliable when it mattered most unlike your boy in his prime. And what does Dak's contract have to do with anything. Everything. He's the reason why we can't get the pieces to build a better team moving forward. If it wasn't for Dak's contract we could lock up and pay C.D. Lamb and Parsons right now, get the pieces we need in the draft and go with Trey Lance next season. Anything left over we could sign some cheap leftover free agents to hold us over when we finish our draft next season. We have a lot of picks coming up next season. Oh, by the way, Dalvin Cook is still a free agent. Much better RB than Elliot.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#949 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:39 pm

I was saying what does Stafford (who is anything but "reliable") have to do with Dak's contract? lol

Do you know what reliable means? It means you can be trusted to do it EVERY TIME. Mahomes is the only one.

Now you're comparing Cook to Elliot who isn't even on our roster any more. You're all over the place. FOCUS :lol:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#950 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:43 pm

The conversation started when you said nobody outside of Mahomes is reliable. I beg to differ a little bit. If the Bengals can keep Burrow from getting hurt and hit 90 times a year, I honestly believe he is more than reliable to win a Super Bowl. I guess we got off the wrong track.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#951 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:41 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Most "fans" probably don't want anyone but Mahomes. In the real world teams have to take whatever they can get and Dak will probably be BPA when available.

I'm not denying at all someone will take him. I'm saying no one will pay him 60+ mill a year.

He is going to be the highest paid player in the NFL when he gets a new contract, you can bet your last penny on it.

The only things I can see preventing that is an injury or maybe if Mahomes gets a new contract at the same time. Outside of that his agent is going to have a field day. That is just what the NFL is, we see it time and time again and it's time to stop being "shocked".

The 55 mill that Dak will make this year is the closest he will ever come to making 60+ mill ever again. I just can't see anyone making Prescott the highest paid QB in the league anywhere based on his current resume. I finally hope this is the last year for Dak in Dallas and that he doesn't come crawling back when he finds out he doesn't have **** for leverage anymore.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#952 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:00 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm not denying at all someone will take him. I'm saying no one will pay him 60+ mill a year.

The 55 mill that Dak will make this year is the closest he will ever come to making 60+ mill ever again. I just can't see anyone making Prescott the highest paid QB in the league anywhere based on his current resume. I finally hope this is the last year for Dak in Dallas and that he doesn't come crawling back when he finds out he doesn't have **** for leverage anymore.

He was an All-Pro QB last season. NFL scouts and GMs don't look at wins and losses as that is a team stat. He's 12-5 last 3 seasons anyway.

When you look at QBs in this coming draft are you looking at how many games they won and lost? Or are you looking at THEM?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#953 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:07 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:He is going to be the highest paid player in the NFL when he gets a new contract, you can bet your last penny on it.

He was an All-Pro QB last season. NFL scouts and GMs don't look at wins and losses as that is a team stat. He's 12-5 last 3 seasons anyway.

When you look at QBs in this coming draft are you looking at how many games they won and lost? Or are you looking at THEM?

There are only 2 QB's I would draft in this class. I'm know where near what most are saying about this draft class. Not high on this QB draft this year.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#954 » by Mr B » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:50 pm

Here is the reported Dak trade rumor. I would be all over this.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#955 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:06 pm

Mr B wrote:Here is the reported Dak trade rumor. I would be all over this.

I don't think that is even a rumor, just a USA Today "Trade Idea".

But yeah, something like that I would feel good about. Multiple firsts. No massive contract. The next couple years would be rough though.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#956 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:07 pm

I saw that a while back. Like you, I'm all over it. Then I trade back that #13 pick, go back as far as I need to to draft Graham Barton and try and gain another pick in round #2. Then with our regular 24th pick, take that center you like. That would take care of our O-line issues in the first round.
I also saw a few other scenarios that were similar a couple weeks ago with the Raiders trading for Dak if he would waive his no trade clause. At the moment I can't remember where I saw those. Some mock draft expert went out on the limb and said there would be a blockbuster trade on draft night and that it would include the Raiders trading Dak for picks.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#957 » by Mr B » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:42 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:

I don't think that is even a rumor, just a USA Today "Trade Idea".

But yeah, something like that I would feel good about. Multiple firsts. No massive contract. The next couple years would be rough though.

Yea the rumor is that they have discussed a possible trade. USA just out this out as fair compensation for Dak.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#958 » by Mr B » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:43 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I saw that a while back. Like you, I'm all over it. Then I trade back that #13 pick, go back as far as I need to to draft Graham Barton and try and gain another pick in round #2. Then with our regular 24th pick, take that center you like. That would take care of our O-line issues in the first round.
I also saw a few other scenarios that were similar a couple weeks ago with the Raiders trading for Dak if he would waive his no trade clause. At the moment I can't remember where I saw those. Some mock draft expert went out on the limb and said there would be a blockbuster trade on draft night and that it would include the Raiders trading Dak for picks.

I would draft Troy Fantanu at 13 and then trade up from 26 for Graham Barton. That would completely solve the OL issues.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#959 » by Mr B » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:44 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I would draft Troy Fantanu at 13 and then trade up from 26 for Graham Barton. That would completely solve the OL issues.

They would still have #44 and #56 to add to the defense and/or draft their RB.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#960 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:55 pm

Mr B wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I saw that a while back. Like you, I'm all over it. Then I trade back that #13 pick, go back as far as I need to to draft Graham Barton and try and gain another pick in round #2. Then with our regular 24th pick, take that center you like. That would take care of our O-line issues in the first round.

They would still have #44 and #56 to add to the defense and/or draft their RB.

But if we traded back from #13 we can get an extra 2nd round pick, get Barton and either of the guys you like, JP-J or Zack Frasier in the first round and accomplish the same thing. Then with that extra 2nd round pick and take Cooper and then with our regular pick take that RB Jonathan Brooks that you guys all like. :D

Return to The General NFL Board