Moderator: bwgood77

Mariner
Senior
And1: 107

Re: Dak Prescott thread 

Post#901 » by Mariner » Fri Apr 5, 2024 7:18 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:Romo is a Cowboy for Life and will be an inductee into the historic Ring of Honor by winning just one playoff game in his career.

Will Dak become a Cowboy lifer as well like Romo? He already has a playoff win so maybe...

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/jerry-jones-romo-will-be-in-ring-of-honor

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/romo-cowboys-land-6-year-108m-40m-true-guarantee-extension/

I would be SHOCKED if Romo makes it into the Ring of Honor. The only way I see Romo making it in is if he makes it into the HOF as an announcer.

Won't happen, ain't happening. We haven't any Ring Of Honor or Hall Of Famers on this team in 29 years. (Unless you consider D. Ware who got a ring in Denver who I still consider over rated one). Nevertheless I don't believe he is even worthy of Ring Of Honor. Or Jason Witten for that matter.

If you don’t think Jason Witten deserves to be in the Ring of Honor you’re smoking crack.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#902 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 5, 2024 7:59 pm

Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I would be SHOCKED if Romo makes it into the Ring of Honor. The only way I see Romo making it in is if he makes it into the HOF as an announcer.

Won't happen, ain't happening. We haven't any Ring Of Honor or Hall Of Famers on this team in 29 years. (Unless you consider D. Ware who got a ring in Denver who I still consider over rated one). Nevertheless I don't believe he is even worthy of Ring Of Honor. Or Jason Witten for that matter.

If you don’t think Jason Witten deserves to be in the Ring of Honor you’re smoking crack.

Then I must be smoking crack because I don't see it. All ring of honor inductees played in super bowls and/or NFL championship games. Witten didn't get a whiff at either. IMHO there is not one worthy player deserving of Cowboys ring of honor status since 1996. Great players play great in big games. We haven't had any in 29 years.
Mariner
Senior

Post#903 » by Mariner » Fri Apr 5, 2024 8:30 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Won't happen, ain't happening. We haven't any Ring Of Honor or Hall Of Famers on this team in 29 years. (Unless you consider D. Ware who got a ring in Denver who I still consider over rated one). Nevertheless I don't believe he is even worthy of Ring Of Honor. Or Jason Witten for that matter.

Then I must be smoking crack because I don't see it. All ring of honor inductees played in super bowls and/or NFL championship games. Witten didn't get a whiff at either. IMHO there is not one worthy player deserving of Cowboys ring of honor status since 1996. Great players play great in big games. We haven't had any in 29 years.

The ROH is more about individual performance than team accomplishments. I share your frustrations but Witten is definitely getting in.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#904 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 5, 2024 8:36 pm

Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mariner wrote:If you don’t think Jason Witten deserves to be in the Ring of Honor you’re smoking crack.

The ROH is more about individual performance than team accomplishments. I share your frustrations but Witten is definitely getting in.

No way. He's not deserving. Jay Novacek is way more deserving than Witten. You younger generation Cowboy fans still don't get it.
Mariner
Senior

Post#905 » by Mariner » Fri Apr 5, 2024 10:32 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Then I must be smoking crack because I don't see it. All ring of honor inductees played in super bowls and/or NFL championship games. Witten didn't get a whiff at either. IMHO there is not one worthy player deserving of Cowboys ring of honor status since 1996. Great players play great in big games. We haven't had any in 29 years.

No way. He's not deserving. Jay Novacek is way more deserving than Witten. You younger generation Cowboy fans still don't get it.

Novacek was not as good as Witten. It’s not even close or debatable. And I love Novacek. Why penalize Witten cause he played with Dak and not Aikman?
I think QBs should take criticism for not winning but a Tight end?
Witten is guaranteed and deserving of the ROH.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#906 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 5, 2024 10:37 pm

Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mariner wrote:The ROH is more about individual performance than team accomplishments. I share your frustrations but Witten is definitely getting in.

Novacek was not as good as Witten. It’s not even close or debatable. And I love Novacek. Why penalize Witten cause he played with Dak and not Aikman?

There are still a number of players from the 70's and 90's era that are much more deserving. Please.
Mariner
Senior

Post#907 » by Mariner » Fri Apr 5, 2024 10:42 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:No way. He's not deserving. Jay Novacek is way more deserving than Witten. You younger generation Cowboy fans still don't get it.

There are still a number of players from the 70's and 90's era that are much more deserving. Please.

Would be weird if Witten made the HOF but not good enough for the teams ROH. lol
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#908 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 5, 2024 10:53 pm

Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mariner wrote:Novacek was not as good as Witten. It’s not even close or debatable. And I love Novacek. Why penalize Witten cause he played with Dak and not Aikman?

Would be weird if Witten made the HOF but not good enough for the teams ROH. lol

Until the end of last season, Jimmy was not in. And he won Super Bowls.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,053

Post#909 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 5, 2024 11:12 pm

Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mariner wrote:The ROH is more about individual performance than team accomplishments. I share your frustrations but Witten is definitely getting in.

I agree with that. Position players are just a part of the machine. The QB is not only the main piece he the one driving the machine. So you really can’t fault Witten for having Romo or Dak as his QB’s. Witten will without a doubt get into the HOF. Once he’s in the HOF he will go right in to the ROH. Same thing will happen with Tyron Smith and Zack Martin.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,159

Post#910 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Apr 6, 2024 1:26 am

Witten will be in the Ring, so will Romo and Dak who are both better than Aikman and Aikman himself agrees.

Jerry has already confirmed Witten and Romo, and then Dak is a given because he is already the owner of all Dallas QB records.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#911 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Apr 6, 2024 1:30 am

Also, like it or not, Romo will eventually be inducted into the HOF. He won't be a first ballot guy, but he will get in. Along other QBs without rings. Moon, Marino, Tarkenton, Kelly, Fouts. All these QBs are great players and there are plenty of QBs with rings who are much worse.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,267

Post#912 » by wco81 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 3:53 am

Jimmy not being in for decades later is more about Jerry than Jimmy.

That just tells you ROH is basically the owner's pet favorites.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#913 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 6, 2024 3:30 pm

Again this was written by Fish so take it with a grain of salt. For conversations sake though if Dak were traded to the Raiders for 4 drafts picks (two 1st and two 2nd round picks), I’d be all over that trade if I’m Dallas.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,476

Post#914 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:17 pm

Mr B wrote:Again this was written by Fish so take it with a grain of salt. For conversations sake though if Dak were traded to the Raiders for 4 drafts picks (two 1st and two 2nd round picks), I’d be all over that trade if I’m Dallas.

Does this guy's reporting of stuff ever materialize??? He seems like the type to throw **** against the wall for attention.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mr B
RealGM

Post#915 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 6, 2024 5:33 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:Again this was written by Fish so take it with a grain of salt. For conversations sake though if Dak were traded to the Raiders for 4 drafts picks (two 1st and two 2nd round picks), I’d be all over that trade if I’m Dallas.

Does this guy's reporting of stuff ever materialize??? He seems like the type to throw **** against the wall for attention.

That’s exactly how he gets his material.
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 328

Post#916 » by QB_Eagles » Sun Apr 7, 2024 10:01 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Then I must be smoking crack because I don't see it. All ring of honor inductees played in super bowls and/or NFL championship games. Witten didn't get a whiff at either. IMHO there is not one worthy player deserving of Cowboys ring of honor status since 1996. Great players play great in big games. We haven't had any in 29 years.

Maybe the Cowboys not winning anything in almost 30 years was the Jay Novacek Curse all along.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#917 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Apr 7, 2024 4:29 pm

Read on Twitter

I'm hoping this turns out to be true. Of course Dak would have to waive his no trade clause, and if he did, I can see Jerry doing this.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#918 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Apr 7, 2024 5:44 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Read on Twitter

I'm hoping this turns out to be true. Of course Dak would have to waive his no trade clause, and if he did, I can see Jerry doing this.

In the article:

Is there any truth to this? Carton (as usual) has it wrong. A USA Today piece speculated about what Dallas could get in a fantasy trade. That's it. (We address the concept here in "What Could Dallas Really Get for Dak?'') It is not a "Dallas sports-radio rumor'' ... though we suppose a show host might've mentioned the USA Today piece.

This is all based around a fantasy trade idea by a writer at USA Today. There aren't even rumors.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#919 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Apr 7, 2024 5:56 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Read on Twitter

In the article:

Is there any truth to this? Carton (as usual) has it wrong. A USA Today piece speculated about what Dallas could get in a fantasy trade. That's it. (We address the concept here in "What Could Dallas Really Get for Dak?'') It is not a "Dallas sports-radio rumor'' ... though we suppose a show host might've mentioned the USA Today piece.

This is all based around a fantasy trade idea by a writer at USA Today. There aren't even rumors.

Well that sucks.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,267

Post#920 » by wco81 » Sun Apr 7, 2024 6:00 pm

On the one hand, Dak sucks, trade him away.

On the other hand, he can't get 2 FRPs and 2 SRPs in a trade. That sucks.

:lol:

Return to The General NFL Board