Moderator: bwgood77

BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,291

Re: Tyreke Hill traded to Dolphins 

Post#41 » by BBallFreak » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:00 am

azcatz11 wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:Nobody has bothered to look at this for Miami? What are they going to look like on the perimeter with Waddle and Hill both offering game breaking speed, while Wilson and Parker add dynamism? And over the middle with Gesicki? Out of the backfield with Edmonds? They can run with short passes all day, but with Armstead and Williams on the left side and Miami being able to use Eichenberg, Jackson, and Hunt any way they choose, they may be able to give Tua enough time to prove how big his arm actually is.

Miami is clearly going to be running a West Coast style offense with two insanely fast and reliable wide receivers and what should be an improved run game. Both of Miami's receivers can play the Deebo Samuel role in Miami. They are going to be a much more potent offense, that's for sure...

Maybe. This reminds me of the Redskins situation in the early 00's when they signed a bunch of FA's and nothing happened. Tua is still an average QB at this point. If he improves and reaches his potential you guys are SB contenders but it all hinges on him.

This isn't that.

We picked up Hill and Armstead.

Everyone else (Williams, Mostert, Edmonds, Sherfield, etc) were under the radar guys. Miami needs a center to solidify the line and supposedly they still have the space to do that.

All the team did yesterday was finally give Tua the opportunity to prove what he can do with weapons suited to his skill set. They already have a good defense, so giving McDaniel the guys he needs to run his offense shouldn't be seen as some crazy spending spree, especially when you consider that, before Armstead, Dolphins fans were calling this offseason a failure.

This honestly drives me nuts. Since Tua's gotten here we haven't had a consistently healthy receiving corps for him to work and build chemistry with. He's had a revolving door at the position until last year when Waddle played, but the other guys were just in and out of the lineup. We also had a revolving door at offensive line, not because of health but rather lack of skill. Now, we fix that and its some crazy spending spree? Man, we really cannot win...
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,052

Post#42 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:39 pm

BBallFreak wrote:Nobody has bothered to look at this for Miami? What are they going to look like on the perimeter with Waddle and Hill both offering game breaking speed, while Wilson and Parker add dynamism? And over the middle with Gesicki? Out of the backfield with Edmonds? They can run with short passes all day, but with Armstead and Williams on the left side and Miami being able to use Eichenberg, Jackson, and Hunt any way they choose, they may be able to give Tua enough time to prove how big his arm actually is.

Miami is clearly going to be running a West Coast style offense with two insanely fast and reliable wide receivers and what should be an improved run game. Both of Miami's receivers can play the Deebo Samuel role in Miami. They are going to be a much more potent offense, that's for sure...

Good on Miami for bringing in weapons. Now there will be no excuses at all if Tua doesn't succeed.

I'm in a perpetual "they need to prove it to me" view point with Miami. I'm not sold Tua is a legit good starting QB in the NFL.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,203

Post#43 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Apr 4, 2022 2:21 pm

TUA has in fact now been provided the weapons and protection. However, this really is on and has been on the Miami Dolphin organization. They were the ones who provided 3 different coordinators in as many years TUA has actually been the QB. This instability has never been fixed. We are now hoping that THEY, the Miami Dolphins have fixed themselves. If TUA doesn't work out? This AGAIN, is on the Dolphins. Why? They passed on Justin Herbert.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Re: Tyreke Hill on his way out? 

Post#44 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:12 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:How does KC replace him?

They don't.

Juju & MVS don't move the needle.

Read on Twitter

Still feel the same way?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,497

Post#45 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:26 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:How does KC replace him?

They don't.

Read on Twitter

Still feel the same way?

Absolutely.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#46 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:55 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:They don't.

Read on Twitter

Still feel the same way?

Absolutely.

Let me guess, you ran out of jello shots at your last Saturday night sex party. :wink:
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,203

Post#47 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:55 pm

Funny thing is, Tyreek would be scoring more TDs if Tua could hit him deep. Miamis short game is simply awesome.. But the inability to hit deep with consistency is limiting Bigger plays. Tua hits those plays, watch out. Tyreek is literally waiting wide open in the deep
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,623

Post#48 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:07 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:They don't.

Read on Twitter

Still feel the same way?

Absolutely.

It's going to be more telling in the playoffs. Regular season Patrick is good enough to make it work. Lets see vs elite teams. So far Juju and Hardman have really stepped up. MVS is who I thought he was, unreliable big play threat. Toney could end up being a great grab for them, I liked him coming out and he's flashed some serious talent.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#49 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:20 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Still feel the same way?

Absolutely.

It's going to be more telling in the playoffs. Regular season Patrick is good enough to make it work. Lets see vs elite teams. So far Juju and Hardman have really stepped up. MVS is who I thought he was, unreliable big play threat. Toney could end up being a great grab for them, I liked him coming out and he's flashed some serious talent.

Read on Twitter

Hill is still one of the best weapons in Football. The Chiefs could go on to make the Super Bowl. But those other two guys can't touch his production.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,623

Post#50 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:30 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hill is still one of the best weapons in Football. The Chiefs could go on to make the Super Bowl. But those other two guys can't touch his production.

If they win a super bowl nobody will care that they didn't have a 1000 yard receiver.

Juju + MVS in 9 games = 1,056 yards
Tyreek in 10 games = 1,148 yards

Mecole TD's in 9 games = 6
Tyreek TD's in 10 games = 4

This was all they had to do in the regular season. Replace the production by many, not by one. We all knew Juju wasnt going to have 1400 yards himself.

I had the Chiefs winning the division easily while all my friends had Broncos, Raiders, etc.. They've actually done a better job replacing Tyreek than I thought they would have. I thought it was going to be Kelce playing a Kupp role, but they've spread it around and got everyone involved.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,291

Post#51 » by BBallFreak » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:48 pm

I'm just enjoying all the crow eating at this point. A lot of people need to in reference to Tua. I've heard he can't throw it deep (he obviously can), he's just average (he's not), Reek is going to miss Mahomes (he doesn't), and one national media pundit said, "He ain't it" (he is). This is an expert, mind you. The same expert who was correctly all in on Jalen Hurtz once he got players around him but couldn't see that Tua deserved the same opportunity.

Yeah, I'm collecting receipts...
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#52 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:58 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Diggs is literally speaking on behalf of every football fan right now. I'm still mind blown by this development...

Moving on from Hill has to make the Bills now the clear favorite in the AFC. Especially with the West being so stacked.

:falloff: :falloff:
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#53 » by El Turco » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:22 pm

someone finally built up enough courage to show up, 6 days :lol:
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#54 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:54 pm

That's what happens when you accidentally take Colace instead of asprin.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,052

Post#55 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:01 am

Well one season later turned out to be a great move for KC. Losing Hill didnt effect KC's passing game at all. Mahomes ended up with better stats this year, most likely the MVP as well and another trip to the Super Bowl.

You dont need 2 legit elite targets to have an elite passing game. I definitely think you need 1, but 1 elite target and multiple solid guys is equal to 2 elite guys. Kelce creates enough havoc on a defense that guys like Juju and MVS are good enough to take advantage of their matchups.

Chiefs saved a ton of money, got back a ton of draft picks and didnt notice any drop off in their passing game at all. Round of applause to their GM, the dude hit a HR with that move.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,320

Post#56 » by wco81 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:37 am

Chiefs have all those WR injuries.

If they lose the SB because they struggle to mount a passing game, maybe it's not as much of a HR.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,171

Post#57 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:53 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Well one season later turned out to be a great move for KC. Losing Hill didnt effect KC's passing game at all. Mahomes ended up with better stats this year, most likely the MVP as well and another trip to the Super Bowl.

You dont need 2 legit elite targets to have an elite passing game. I definitely think you need 1, but 1 elite target and multiple solid guys is equal to 2 elite guys. Kelce creates enough havoc on a defense that guys like Juju and MVS are good enough to take advantage of their matchups.

Chiefs saved a ton of money, got back a ton of draft picks and didnt notice any drop off in their passing game at all. Round of applause to their GM, the dude hit a HR with that move.

Mahomes is Mahomes though. A unicorn. There are no other Mahomes out there. He is in tier 1 alone.

Everyone else needs 2 good targets to have an elite pass attack.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,320

Post#58 » by wco81 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:30 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Well one season later turned out to be a great move for KC. Losing Hill didnt effect KC's passing game at all. Mahomes ended up with better stats this year, most likely the MVP as well and another trip to the Super Bowl.

Mahomes is Mahomes though. A unicorn. There are no other Mahomes out there. He is in tier 1 alone.

Everyone else needs 2 good targets to have an elite pass attack.

Philly is going to bring a lot of pressure. Unless Mahomes can heal up 100%, he's not going to have time for WRs to get downfield.

So the WRs and Kelce have to win right away, not make double moves. But maybe the RBs in the passing game could be greater factors.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#59 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:57 pm

The strength of the Chiefs offense has been Mahomes and their O-line all year. They dominated the line of scrimmage vs. what everyone was saying was the best defense in the AFC. Unless you have not watched the Chiefs closely the past two year, then you haven't seen the total rebuild Andy assembled last year after getting demolished by the Buc's in their last Super Bowl. If you think the Egal D-line will have a field day, your crazy.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#60 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:01 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:The strength of the Chiefs offense has been Mahomes and their O-line all year. They dominated the line of scrimmage vs. what everyone was saying was the best defense in the AFC. Unless you have not watched the Chiefs closely the past two year, then you haven't seen the total rebuild Andy assembled last year after getting demolished by the Buc's in their last Super Bowl. If you think the Egal D-line will have a field day, your crazy.

This will decide the game.

If the Eagles can consistently get pressure on Mahomes & make him uncomfortable, then they'll win. If not, KC wins.

Groundbreaking analysis, I know.

Return to The General NFL Board