Moderator: bwgood77

El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Re: 2023 Draft Prospects 

Post#221 » by El Turco » Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:39 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
El Turco wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Chicago is the worst team in Football. Fields is a big reason why.

But Carolina isn't too far behind.

Ekwonu ranks 62nd/67- OT through three games. The numbers along the OL this year aren't good.

His top two targets are Theilen & Dj Chark.

Positives? They have some talent on defense & Evero is a good DC.

But offensively? It's not great.

so you are saying three games is better sample size than last year's 16? nonsense.

fields have less to work with in chicago than young has in carolina, saying young will take off with more talent while fields wont is not argument. likely both wont fulfill their hype, but unlike carolina chicago didnt give up the farm for fields and can rebuild again next year easily.

Bro, I'm saying Fields stinks. In his third year & he still struggles to read defenses. He doesn't have the feel to play the position & be good at this level.

oh yeah "the feel", ol' code name for pulling it out of yer ass :lol:

no one can really claim what he can and he can't actually do considering he hasnt had even a top 20 offensive line and play caller. but i'd wager he is more likely to be in the league in 5 years than geno :)
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
El Turco

Post#222 » by El Turco » Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:42 pm

hermes wrote:i'm on the sam laporta offensive rookie of the year bandwagon

there is still room

stroud and richardson will be up and down, JSN and addison dont really have good QBs, gibbs and achane are in a committee so he might have a chance if something happens to bijan.

from what i read paris johnson is killing it with arizona but they wont give it to a tackle.

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,496

Post#223 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:45 pm

El Turco wrote:oh yeah "the feel", ol' code name for pulling it out of yer ass :lol:

no one can really claim what he can and he can't actually do considering he hasnt had even a top 20 offensive line and play caller. but i'd wager he is more likely to be in the league in 5 years than geno :)

Fields will be a backup most likely.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
El Turco

Post#224 » by El Turco » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:22 pm

backup wide receiver

btw nice bandwagoning bucks, old friend bjj thought you well :lol:

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,604

Post#225 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:39 pm

Read on Twitter
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,546

Post#226 » by DOT » Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:24 pm

To be fair

I remember Trevor's rookie year when people were saying Mac Jones was better than him, even some saying Davis Mills

Lot can change after a rookie year.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#227 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:30 pm

I'm still a fan of Bryce. If you watch the film, he definitely has flashed. The unfortunate thing is that Carolina is not built to win now. The o-line has been a mess. While Adam Thielen is his top target. The receivers don't get a ton of separation. I don't think the playcalling has helped him a ton either.

I liked Stroud coming out. But he's also in a much better situation at the moment.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,913

Post#228 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:02 pm

Ive never been the biggest Bryce guy (and still not), but I dont think he is going to be some bust either. He played solid against Minny. He made some plays that you dont see busts make. And Im not talking a big 60 yard bomb or a highlight play like that. Im talking more, moving within the pocket under pressure while keeping his head down field and making a solid first down throw.

My thing is I just dont think he has wow potential. I dont see him ever being a QB that is going to up the value of his team. I just think he is going to be a guy where he doesnt really up the value for his team, but he aint going to hurt it either. And with that I wouldve had no issue with Bryce having like a mid to late 1st round grade, I just dont think he was worth the #1 pick and all the value Carolina gave up.
El Turco

Post#229 » by El Turco » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:36 am

Stroud's been playing with back up linemen pretty much whole season, no excuses.

He needs to show much better decision making considering he doesn't bring much to the table physically.

LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,203

Post#230 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:16 am

I've seen these guys in HS in Cali. Bryce won all the time with a powerhouse so.cal HS football program. Stroud was also a strong prospect, but he carried his team. I personally would have taken Stroud due to the measurables. But these 2 along with the Clemson/Oregon state QB were the best prospects from the area
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#231 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:00 am

I am getting very concerned with Tyree Wilson.....
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#232 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:16 am

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:I am getting very concerned with Tyree Wilson.....

Read on Twitter

Same.

Wilson has one the slowest get off's among edge players. Definitely worrisome if your a Raiders fan.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,583

Post#233 » by hermes » Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:41 pm

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#234 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:24 pm

hermes wrote:https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-rookies-top-15-highest-graded-players-after-week-4

Ivan Pace fan club?
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#235 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:06 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
hermes wrote:https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-rookies-top-15-highest-graded-players-after-week-4

Ivan Pace fan club?

I will say this, Im rooting for the guy and I know he has a really good PFF grade. Week 1 I thought he looked real good, I feel like since then he's had some rough weeks. He seems pretty capable at one thing at the moment, and thats just a bull rush up the A gap. His pass coverage is spotty at best and he hasnt really been helping the run defense out.

Dont get me wrong, for an undrafted guy he has been a great plus and I do think he has plenty of potential to be a damn good every down starting backer. Just taking his rookie bumps and bruises lately it seems like.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#236 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:10 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Ivan Pace fan club?

I will say this, Im rooting for the guy and I know he has a really good PFF grade. Week 1 I thought he looked real good, I feel like since then he's had some rough weeks. He seems pretty capable at one thing at the moment, and thats just a bull rush up the A gap. His pass coverage is spotty at best and he hasnt really been helping the run defense out.

Dont get me wrong, for an undrafted guy he has been a great plus and I do think he has plenty of potential to be a damn good every down starting backer. Just taking his rookie bumps and bruises lately it seems like.

That was his rep coming out. Really good at blitzing. Spotty in coverage.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#237 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:15 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Ivan Pace fan club?

That was his rep coming out. Really good at blitzing. Spotty in coverage.

Ya and it is showing. I know he doesnt have the sacks, but he sure does seem to get back into the pocket pretty damn well. My main thing is Im just waiting for him to come around on the run defense. Right now he is kind of a one trick pony and I think it should just be a matter of time before he starts to make his mark on the run game as well.

I havent seen the breakdown for his PFF grade, but I assume the pass rush grade is what is really holding up his overall grade and he is pass rushing the majority of the time he is out there.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,203

Post#238 » by LAKESHOW » Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:09 pm

Yo Cactus. Gigantic game this week in the Northwest. Oregon vs Washington. I wish I had a ticket, but probably the hottest ticket in town. I'm looking forward to watching
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#239 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:01 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:Yo Cactus. Gigantic game this week in the Northwest. Oregon vs Washington. I wish I had a ticket, but probably the hottest ticket in town. I'm looking forward to watching

I'll be there! :biggrin:
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,312

Post#240 » by wco81 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:53 am

Spent some time in Seattle when Don James was still head coach.

Huskies ran a pressure defense, the college equivalent of the Bears 46 defense.

Nebraska Cornhuskers were visiting one week and there were so many fans around town wearing their colors. Some of them seem to be cheerleaders or in the band, but there were a lot of them.

I'd never seen that kind of big show of fandom for college football in the Bay Area. I'm sure it happens with some teams visiting Stanford or Cal but it makes sense, college sports are all they have.

But Seattle had pro teams yet the Huskies, because they had a strong team at the time, seemed to have more outward support than the Seahawks at the time.

As a kid growing up in the Bay Area, I was aware of the pro teams way before the college teams. Cal and Stanford both produced very good players who went on to have Pro Bowl, even HoF NFL careers. But it was 49ers and Raiders which got huge coverage.

And that is still the case today. The local regional sports channels have 49ers-related programming the whole week. Nothing like that for any of the college sports programs.

I think Cal and Stanford alumni are fans but nothing like alumni of other traditional powers. Like you hear that every weekend, tons of private jets descend upon South Bend. Nothing like that happens here AFAIK.

Return to The General NFL Board