Coaches

Moderator: bwgood77

QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 326

Re: Coaches 

Post#601 » by QB_Eagles » Wed Feb 7, 2024 5:39 pm

El Turco wrote:
LAKESHOW wrote:I had been saying from the beginning, Campbell was a fraud and a joke. Many folks round here said, Nah Man, Campbell Is a great coach.
Well..... He should be in the Superbowl right now. He choked that game away.
The Jury is still out on MacDonald. But the fact still remains...he will be trying to Learn the job on the fly, just like Staley, just like Campbell...but I will give him a pass to see what he can accomplish. I see some qualities

Yeah I didnt like Campbell hire in the beginning but Lions success was undeniable, it might be doing of the coordinators and the GM I dont know, I am still undecided on Campbell.

Yeah, I think Lions fans are glad Ben Johnson isn't leaving. In my opinion the thing with head coaches is they can be good despite not having been good coordinators, because the skill set to succeed at each job is very different. Lots of guys are good coordinators but bad head coaches. But obviously the flip side is a HC who is not that involved in the scheme offensively or defensively is very dependent on the coordinators. See Sirianni 2022 vs 2023.

El Turco wrote:Oh boy Chargers hiring Greg Roman, it probably wont mean much with Harbaugh there but he is terrible.

It was inevitable.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Post#602 » by Mr B » Thu Feb 8, 2024 9:14 am

This is interesting. I didn’t think Vrabel would be interested in the Dallas DC job. It’s likely a 1 year gig anyways. Unless he’s thinking he could get the HC job in Dallas if he does a good job with the defense. Either way I doubt the Jones’ even give him an interview.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg
Mr B
RealGM

Post#603 » by Mr B » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:46 pm

This is great news. Al Harris has done great things with the CB’s since he’s been in Dallas. Now the Cowboys need to get him some experience as a coordinator (defensive passing game coordinator).

Read on Twitter
QB_Eagles
Rookie

Post#604 » by QB_Eagles » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:56 pm

Not sure if disgruntling an employee is great news.

Is defensive passing game coordinator new? I know teams do this for offense but I've never seen it for defense.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,165

Post#605 » by RaoulDuke79 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 4:07 pm

Mr B wrote:This is interesting. I didn’t think Vrabel would be interested in the Dallas DC job. It’s likely a 1 year gig anyways. Unless he’s thinking he could get the HC job in Dallas if he does a good job with the defense. Either way I doubt the Jones’ even give him an interview.

Read on Twitter

Well damn...if he's going to go that route he needs to come back to Houston. I'd love to have him and DeMeco coaching up the defense.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#606 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:30 pm

Vrabel might be gettin the Bellichek treatment. Over Qualified
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Mr B
RealGM

Post#607 » by Mr B » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:57 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:Not sure if disgruntling an employee is great news.

Is defensive passing game coordinator new? I know teams do this for offense but I've never seen it for defense.

No the Cowboys will typically have a passing game coordinator and a running game coordinator. They fall in line under the DC. I don’t know if that’s an official title but that’s what they do. That’s a big reason Al Harris wasn’t considered for any DC job. He’s never coordinated anything. He’s been strictly a technique guy when coaching the DB’s. Last season Joe Whitt Jr Secondary Coach/Passing game coordinator and Aden Durde was the DL Coach/Running game coordinator.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#608 » by Mr B » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:59 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:Vrabel might be gettin the Bellichek treatment. Over Qualified

The word is that GM were intimidated by him physically. They didn’t want to have to tell a man that big no.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,466

Post#609 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Feb 9, 2024 1:35 am

Mr B wrote:The word is that GM were intimidated by him physically. They didn’t want to have to tell a man that big no.

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,329

Post#610 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Feb 9, 2024 1:44 am

That sucks but it really doesn't matter. McCarthy and Dumb Dak are coming back next year so it will be a wasted year.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#611 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Feb 9, 2024 1:47 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:That sucks but it really doesn't matter. McCarthy and Dumb Dak are coming back next year so it will be a wasted year.

I was surprised McCarthy kept his job honestly. There we're a lot of good coaching candidates this year that would have been an upgrade. Jerry is too damn loyal. Plus, all those years he kept Jason Garrett around.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#612 » by Mr B » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:54 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:The word is that GM were intimidated by him physically. They didn’t want to have to tell a man that big no.

Read on Twitter

I’m ok with Zimmer. He had some good defenses with Minnesota. He has a good record when defending Shannahan. I would also expect the penalties to be much fewer under Zimmer. We all know this is a 1 year deal so I like the signing.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,265

Post#613 » by wco81 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 5:40 am

These coaches are so old.
QB_Eagles
Rookie

Post#614 » by QB_Eagles » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:35 am

wco81 wrote:These coaches are so old.

He doesn't look his age with his girlfriend by his side.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#615 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:26 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:That sucks but it really doesn't matter. McCarthy and Dumb Dak are coming back next year so it will be a wasted year.

I was surprised McCarthy kept his job honestly. There we're a lot of good coaching candidates this year that would have been an upgrade. Jerry is too damn loyal. Plus, all those years he kept Jason Garrett around.

Even Emmitt Smith stated the only reason Mike McCarthy came back as the Cowboy coach is because he wasn't the GM. :bowdown:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#616 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:03 pm

El Turco wrote:Gives me Chip Kelly types of vibes.

Speaking of Chip...LOL

Read on Twitter
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#617 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:17 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

Jerry only hires puppets that he can control at all times.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#618 » by El Turco » Fri Feb 9, 2024 9:40 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
El Turco wrote:Gives me Chip Kelly types of vibes.

Speaking of Chip...LOL

Read on Twitter

It is telling when Ohio State steals an NFL team's coordinator candidate from under their nose. :wink:

Kelly had a really odd relationship with UCLA. If he was inclined to be a coordinator at another Power 5 school, why didn't he resign before recruiting and transfers began at the start of the coaching carousel?
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#619 » by El Turco » Fri Feb 9, 2024 9:41 pm

:D
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#620 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Feb 9, 2024 9:47 pm

El Turco wrote:It is telling when Ohio State steals an NFL team's coordinator candidate from under their nose. :wink:

Kelly had a really odd relationship with UCLA. If he was inclined to be a coordinator at another Power 5 school, why didn't he resign before recruiting and transfers began at the start of the coaching carousel?

No, he wasn't offered the job.

Read on Twitter

He wanted an NFL coordinator job so bad. He interviewed with three or four teams. But none of them offered him a job.

The guy is a rat plain & simple. He was so desperate to leave behind that situation & in the process completely **** UCLA over. Seems to be a perfect fit for Day & that program. :wink:

Return to The General NFL Board