Post#581 » by LAKESHOW » Sat Feb 3, 2024 9:19 pm

Its simple. The QB will get you fired.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Re: Coaches 

Post#582 » by Mr B » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:58 am

Not going to lie, the Cowboys could use some of this kind of coaching on their sideline.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Post#583 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:44 am

azcatz11 wrote:

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Post#584 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:33 pm

When are the Cowboys going to get a coach?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#585 » by Mr B » Mon Feb 5, 2024 5:22 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:When are the Cowboys going to get a coach?

They start interviewing DC’s today. My money is on Zimmer.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#586 » by El Turco » Tue Feb 6, 2024 8:29 pm

Seahawks finally had a good hire with baby Harbaugh :)
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#587 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Feb 6, 2024 8:48 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:1. Chargers. Home run. Best and hottest commodity at the start of the process. And the Chargers won in acquiring Harbaugh.
2. Falcons. Raheem Morris has shown the ability to change and adapt during difficult circumstances. The Rams defense was Great. Dumped many guys, were trash. And he brought them to level of respect
3. Raiders. Pierce is Admission of failure. They made a mistake in firing one guy and then hiring one guy. And now are making Admission by just sticking with Pierce
4. Panthers. Why? Not why select Canales. But why would any coach want to take this job?
5. Titans. You guys Dumped Vrabel for this guy? FAIL
6. Seahawks. Quite possibly just hired Brandon Staley
7. Commanders. New ownership. And missed on wanted candidates because they were sleeping at the Wheel. FAIL
8. Patriots. Coach Belliechek is still coaching this team. FAIL

Read on Twitter
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#588 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Feb 6, 2024 8:50 pm

El Turco wrote:Seahawks finally had a good hire with baby Harbaugh :)

Looks like Ryan Grubb will be the OC. Macdonald is putting a nice staff together.

It will be a nice change from what we had with Carroll.
El Turco

Post#589 » by El Turco » Tue Feb 6, 2024 10:30 pm

That guy struggled planning against Michigan secondary no? Gives me Chip Kelly types of vibes.

LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#590 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Feb 6, 2024 11:05 pm

I had been saying from the beginning, Campbell was a fraud and a joke. Many folks round here said, Nah Man, Campbell Is a great coach.
Well..... He should be in the Superbowl right now. He choked that game away.
The Jury is still out on MacDonald. But the fact still remains...he will be trying to Learn the job on the fly, just like Staley, just like Campbell...but I will give him a pass to see what he can accomplish. I see some qualities
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#591 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Feb 6, 2024 11:54 pm

El Turco wrote:That guy struggled planning against Michigan secondary no? Gives me Chip Kelly types of vibes.

Chip's scheme didn't work because he tried to make the game a track meet. That aspect along with his personality, made him less than ideal to be a head coach in the NFL.

Grubb has proven to be one of the best play callers in College Football, the last several years. Both at Fresno & UW. The scheme itself is not a Chip Kelly Oregon type offense. Far from it.

Last year, Nick Saban wanted to hire Grubb & have him be the OC at Alabama. But he turned it down due to his close relationship with Kalen DeBoer.

Ironically, if Grubb is named the OC, then the Hawks would operate with the same two schemes essentially as the two best teams in College Football this past year. Offense-Grubb (UW OC) & Defense-Macdonald (Former Michigan DC).
El Turco

Post#592 » by El Turco » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:43 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
El Turco wrote:That guy struggled planning against Michigan secondary no? Gives me Chip Kelly types of vibes.

Chip's scheme didn't work because he tried to make the game a track meet. That aspect along with his personality, made him less than ideal to be a head coach in the NFL.

Grubb has proven to be one of the best play callers in College Football, the last several years. Both at Fresno & UW. The scheme itself is not a Chip Kelly Oregon type offense. Far from it.

Last year, Nick Saban wanted to hire Grubb & have him be the OC at Alabama. But he turned it down due to his close relationship with Kalen DeBoer.

Ironically, if Grubb is named the OC, then the Hawks would operate with the same two schemes essentially as the two best teams in College Football this past year. Offense-Grubb (UW OC) & Defense-Macdonald (Former Michigan DC).

Chip also got famous by beating down west coast teams but struggled against top big ten & sec where players are bigger and faster, and he was eventually exposed when he came over to NFL.

Michigan defense didnt really miss a beat last season, they were even better for the most part.

El Turco

Post#593 » by El Turco » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:46 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:I had been saying from the beginning, Campbell was a fraud and a joke. Many folks round here said, Nah Man, Campbell Is a great coach.
Well..... He should be in the Superbowl right now. He choked that game away.
The Jury is still out on MacDonald. But the fact still remains...he will be trying to Learn the job on the fly, just like Staley, just like Campbell...but I will give him a pass to see what he can accomplish. I see some qualities

Yeah I didnt like Campbell hire in the beginning but Lions success was undeniable, it might be doing of the coordinators and the GM I dont know, I am still undecided on Campbell.

El Turco

Post#594 » by El Turco » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:59 pm

Oh boy Chargers hiring Greg Roman, it probably wont mean much with Harbaugh there but he is terrible.

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#595 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:06 pm

El Turco wrote:Oh boy Chargers hiring Greg Roman, it probably wont mean much with Harbaugh there but he is terrible.

So, are the Chargers trading for Justin Fields? That hire is confusing.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#596 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:21 pm

El Turco wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Chip also got famous by beating down west coast teams but struggled against top big ten & sec where players are bigger and faster, and he was eventually exposed when he came over to NFL.

Michigan defense didnt really miss a beat last season, they were even better for the most part.

Macdonald ran the same scheme in Baltimore. He ran it at Michigan. Then he replaced Wink Martindale & made them the best defense in the NFL. Baltimore was 28th in DVOA defensively before he took over.

Chip is a better OC than HC. He's awful at recruiting. It's why he's interviewing for these NFL coordinator jobs.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#597 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:25 pm

With Roman you know what you're gettin. A Power Run based offense. That's Harbaugh. Was that at Stanford. Was that at Michigan. Will be that now. So I imagine the Chargers will be getting more power run type lineman. TIGHT end guys. Blocking receivers etc... But, I would give Herbert a Big advantage with the Play Action stuff which he can handle with with 1 hand tied behind his back. The Defense however, I wanna see how he is going to overhaul this defense. Too much pay, not enough reward
El Turco

Post#598 » by El Turco » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:29 pm

Greg Roman cost Niners at least a super bowl, maybe two.

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#599 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:51 pm

He definitely costed.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#600 » by Mr B » Wed Feb 7, 2024 5:27 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:With Roman you know what you're gettin. A Power Run based offense. That's Harbaugh. Was that at Stanford. Was that at Michigan. Will be that now. So I imagine the Chargers will be getting more power run type lineman. TIGHT end guys. Blocking receivers etc... But, I would give Herbert a Big advantage with the Play Action stuff which he can handle with with 1 hand tied behind his back. The Defense however, I wanna see how he is going to overhaul this defense. Too much pay, not enough reward

I mentioned this right after they hired Harbaugh. I expect they will allow Ekeler to walk and draft or sign a younger back (my money is on Barkley).

Return to The General NFL Board