Moderator: bwgood77

azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,576

Re: Joe Mixon 

Post#21 » by azcatz11 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:45 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:Every fan would take that bet other than haters which is what you are.

So why did the Texans traded for Mixon, cause he is a much better RB than Singletary. And he will have better stats next season over Moss that Cincy got instead as their featured RB going forward unless you want bet on that and lose for sure Lol

Ummm yeah...I am a Mixon hater lol. The guy is a scumbag. You're showing your true colors here pal
I can name 20 players that are worse as a person than him but I don't hate them cause you based them on hate. Simple as that.

You went and bumped my post from a year ago for some reason. About Joe Mixon of all people. Do you beat your wife?
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect
And1: 203

Post#22 » by WentzerWuver » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:56 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Ummm yeah...I am a Mixon hater lol. The guy is a scumbag. You're showing your true colors here pal
I can name 20 players that are worse as a person than him but I don't hate them cause you based them on hate. Simple as that.

You went and bumped my post from a year ago for some reason. About Joe Mixon of all people. Do you beat your wife?

Wrong again! 3 strikes and you’re out. my first reply here was when the thread was just 2 days old. And I trust DeMarco evaluation on a player than I trust your opinion based on hate. His players are family and if they don't fit his mold, they be gone!

I assumed Mixon must have quite a few offers from other teams for the Texans to overpay to bring him aboard to be CJ featured back. DeMarco will be a great HC in this league imo.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Post#23 » by Mr B » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:20 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:I can name 20 players that are worse as a person than him but I don't hate them cause you based them on hate. Simple as that.

Wrong again! 3 strikes and you’re out. my first reply here was when the thread was just 2 days old. And I trust DeMarco evaluation on a player than I trust your opinion based on hate. His players are family and if they don't fit his mold, they be gone!

I assumed Mixon must have quite a few offers from other teams for the Texans to overpay to bring him aboard to be CJ featured back. DeMarco will be a great HC in this league imo.

What is the story on Dameon Pierce? He had a couple games his rookie year where he looked great. I’m looking at his stats now and I see that he barely had over 400 yards this season. What happened?
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#24 » by WentzerWuver » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:25 pm

Mr B wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

What is the story on Dameon Pierce? He had a couple games his rookie year where he looked great. I’m looking at his stats now and I see that he barely had over 400 yards this season. What happened?
He just doesn't have the breakaway speed to break the game open from the ground but chugged along, averaging under 3 yards per carry that barely clips 100 total touches per season when he got drafted. That doesn't translate to being a featured back unlike Mixon as a featured back for the Longhorns.

And his decision to play for the Gators after committed to play for Bama for the highly respected Saban doesn't help his value to those in the NFL circles where most players are coveted and taken over any other schools.

https://the-jet-sweep.com/2022-nfl-draft-scouting-report-dameon-pierce/

Since aged doesn't seem to be a concern for the Texans as a featured back, I would have preferred if they had signed the bulldozer Henry instead to play in much better weather like Nashville than sharing the running duties with Lamar in extreme weather like Baltimore for less money than what Mixon just gotten.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#25 » by Mr B » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:47 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
Mr B wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:

He just doesn't have the breakaway speed to break the game open from the ground but chugged along, averaging under 3 yards per carry that barely clips 100 total touches per season when he got drafted. That doesn't translate to being a featured back unlike Mixon as a featured back for the Longhorns.

And his decision to play for the Gators after committed to play for Bama for the highly respected Saban doesn't help his value to those in the NFL circles where most players are coveted and taken over any other schools.

Since aged doesn't seem to be a concern for the Texans as a featured back, I would have preferred if they had signed the bulldozer Henry instead to play in much better weather like Nashville than sharing the running duties with Lamar in extreme weather like Baltimore for less money than what Mixon just gotten.

I think Mixon is a good RB but I would only consider him a place holder or “bridge RB” for whoever they draft this year.
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 327

Post#26 » by QB_Eagles » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:53 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:Wrong again! 3 strikes and you’re out. my first reply here was when the thread was just 2 days old.

But the thread was started months before your registration date.
Swish77
Sophomore
And1: 56

Post#27 » by Swish77 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:07 pm

Mr B wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

During his rookie year. He messed up his ankle pretty bad. He had to have surgery on it last offseason hasn't been the same since.
Swish77
Sophomore
And1: 56

Post#28 » by Swish77 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:10 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
Mr B wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:

We didnt need henry. Still don't.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,097

Post#29 » by JujitsuFlip » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:37 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:he will have better stats next season over Moss that Cincy got instead as their featured RB going forward

Meh, not really the case. The Bengals new OC already came out and said it wil be RB by committee this season, 3 or 4 guys getting the workload.

Moss was never gonna be a 1 to 1 replacement for Mixon. Mixon played nearly 70% of the Bengals offensive snaps last season, that was top 6 in the NFL. One of the guys in front of him missed several games too.

Bengals are looking for a RB who can block while also creating more time/snaps for their other RB who is good in YAC outta the backfield.
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#30 » by WentzerWuver » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:00 pm

Swish77 wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
Mr B wrote:What is the story on Dameon Pierce? He had a couple games his rookie year where he looked great. I’m looking at his stats now and I see that he barely had over 400 yards this season. What happened?

We didnt need henry. Still don't.
Who are 'we'? Don't know your team allegiance but if you are a Titans fan, I agree since they should be preparing for a rebuild, as their competing for the title days are long gone imo. Henry deserves a chance to play in the SB and possibly win it!
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#31 » by WentzerWuver » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:06 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:he will have better stats next season over Moss that Cincy got instead as their featured RB going forward

Meh, not really the case. The Bengals new OC already came out and said it wil be RB by committee this season, 3 or 4 guys getting the workload.

Moss was never gonna be a 1 to 1 replacement for Mixon. Mixon played nearly 70% of the Bengals offensive snaps last season, that was top 6 in the NFL. One of the guys in front of him missed several games too.

Bengals are looking for a RB who can block while also creating more time/snaps for their other RB who is good in YAC outta the backfield.
Fine but I believe in featured backs over backs by committee. It's old school but it's the only way for elite RB to pave their way into a HOF like the legends from the past.

https://youtu.be/Zt593aNb138?si=9slmSUZy_CXft356

https://youtu.be/_PqOJIKQ5Fw?si=HXh4d_lBeY1ucMOj

If Eric is in this upcoming draft as a rookie, every team including those with QB as their top need will try to trade up to nab him over any other position in this day and age where passing is king cause you can't replace greatness!
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#32 » by JujitsuFlip » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:55 am

WentzerWuver wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:

Fine but I believe in featured backs over backs by committee. It's old school but it's the only way for elite RB to pave their way into a HOF like the legends from the past.

If Eric is in this upcoming draft as a rookie, every team including those with QB as their top need will try to trade up to nab him over any other position in this day and age where passing is king cause you can't replace greatness!
It's a different era of football. Burrow is gonna throw it dang near 40 or 50 times per game, Mixon is an awful pass blocker. So pay less to get a guy who can pass block.
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#33 » by WentzerWuver » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:33 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:Meh, not really the case. The Bengals new OC already came out and said it wil be RB by committee this season, 3 or 4 guys getting the workload.

It's a different era of football. Burrow is gonna throw it dang near 40 or 50 times per game, Mixon is an awful pass blocker. So pay less to get a guy who can pass block.

If Burrow has Mr Benny as your featured back in his prime, he will ONLY pass when Mr Benny tells him that he can. That is a fact and it's Mr Bunny to you until you realized how transcendent his ability that modern would struggle just to contain him. Imagine Henry x10 the impact. He is unstoppable!!!
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#34 » by JujitsuFlip » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:47 am

WentzerWuver wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:Fine but I believe in featured backs over backs by committee. It's old school but it's the only way for elite RB to pave their way into a HOF like the legends from the past.

If Burrow has Mr Benny as your featured back in his prime, he will ONLY pass when Mr Benny tells him that he can. That is a fact and it's Mr Bunny to you until you realized how transcendent his ability that modern would struggle just to contain him. Imagine Henry x10 the impact. He is unstoppable!!!
Nah, Zac Taylor is almost allergic to running the football, it seems.
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#35 » by WentzerWuver » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:52 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:It's a different era of football. Burrow is gonna throw it dang near 40 or 50 times per game, Mixon is an awful pass blocker. So pay less to get a guy who can pass block.

He should be fired cause no team has ever won the SB without running the ball at least 36% of the time that season so that's at least one third of the time. Why even signed RB, just put some extra IOL meatheads next to Burrow for blocking duties only.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#36 » by JujitsuFlip » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:55 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
He should be fired cause no team has ever won the SB without running the ball at least 36% of the time that season so that's at least one third of the time. Why even signed RB, just put some extra IOL meatheads next to Burrow for blocking duties only.
They essentially did that last season, their 3rd down RB was actually their TE2. But he doesn't have the speed of a RB outta the backfield for check downs and there's zero threat of a HB draw when he's in the backfield.
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#37 » by WentzerWuver » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:36 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:Nah, Zac Taylor is almost allergic to running the football, it seems.
They essentially did that last season, their 3rd down RB was actually their TE2. But he doesn't have the speed of a RB outta the backfield for check downs and there's zero threat of a HB draw when he's in the backfield.
It's what the Jets need to do to protect Rodgers backside, even put two guys next to him to avoid another early exit like last season. Without him, Jets cannot compete.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#38 » by Mr B » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:07 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:He should be fired cause no team has ever won the SB without running the ball at least 36% of the time that season so that's at least one third of the time. Why even signed RB, just put some extra IOL meatheads next to Burrow for blocking duties only.
It's what the Jets need to do to protect Rodgers backside, even put two guys next to him to avoid another early exit like last season. Without him, Jets cannot compete.

If Tyron Smith can stay healthy the Jets won’t have to worry about Rodgers blind side.
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#39 » by WentzerWuver » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:34 pm

Mr B wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:They essentially did that last season, their 3rd down RB was actually their TE2. But he doesn't have the speed of a RB outta the backfield for check downs and there's zero threat of a HB draw when he's in the backfield.

If Tyron Smith can stay healthy the Jets won’t have to worry about Rodgers blind side.

Being a Boy's fan, you know that will likely not happen otherwise they would not let him walk. I would draft OT Fashanu with their 10th pick, cause he is like the next Tyron in my book. Even if Bowers is available as well, who is a good blocker for a TE but NOT a young Tyron.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2024.php

https://youtube.com/shorts/8doWwY1TLig?si=IA3tbyhPtxqE7I7Q

https://youtu.be/L6L6QJL3cWw?si=gPtRSYvryvAFkqf-

He just push that edge rusher away with one hand like a rag doll Lol
https://youtube.com/shorts/2gkz07L1Dg0?si=yz0sz1N11CDxFxM0
Mr B
RealGM

Post#40 » by Mr B » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:15 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
Mr B wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:It's what the Jets need to do to protect Rodgers backside, even put two guys next to him to avoid another early exit like last season. Without him, Jets cannot compete.

Being a Boy's fan, you know that will likely not happen otherwise they would not let him walk. I would draft OT Fashanu with their 10th pick, cause he is like the next Tyron in my book. Even if Bowers is available as well, who is a good blocker for a TE but NOT a young Tyron.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2024.php

https://youtube.com/shorts/8doWwY1TLig?si=IA3tbyhPtxqE7I7Q

https://youtu.be/L6L6QJL3cWw?si=gPtRSYvryvAFkqf-

He just push that edge rusher away with one hand like a rag doll Lol
https://youtube.com/shorts/2gkz07L1Dg0?si=yz0sz1N11CDxFxM0

True but he did play 13 games last year. He’s shown if he’s healthy he is still borderline elite. With that said, I would also still draft a young tackle.

As for the Cowboys letting Tyron walk, your guess is as good as mine when trying to figure out what the Jones’ are doing. If there was 1 free agent they should have brought back it was Tyron Smith.

Return to The General NFL Board