For a 5th and future 6th round picks.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,171

Re: Brandin Cooks traded to Dallas 

Post#2 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:15 pm

It's a good trade, he's more valuable than a 5th, but I did have my hopes up for DHop who is far superior to Cooks in talent.

I'll take it I guess.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#3 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:16 pm

Should have gotten more but he wanted out and it clears up cap space I guess.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,498

Post#4 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:05 pm

Someone is excited.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Post#5 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:14 pm

Mr B wrote:For a 5th and future 6th round picks.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg

Much better pick up than OBJ or Hopkins IMHO. :thumbsup: I like it!!
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,353

Post#6 » by hippesthippo » Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:34 pm

Better than OBJ and Hopkins? It depends. I'd take Cooks over OBJ, but not Hopkins. However, OBJ and Hopkins are both now possession type receivers, whereas Cooks still has wheels.

I've never seen a WR with Cook's talent get traded so often, so that does give me pause. What's the deal with that?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#7 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:32 pm

hippesthippo wrote:Better than OBJ and Hopkins? It depends. I'd take Cooks over OBJ, but not Hopkins. However, OBJ and Hopkins are both now possession type receivers, whereas Cooks still has wheels.

I've never seen a WR with Cook's talent get traded so often, so that does give me pause. What's the deal with that?

Hearing now Hopkins has interest and wants to be traded to the Chiefs.
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by hippesthippo » Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:38 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
hippesthippo wrote:Better than OBJ and Hopkins? It depends. I'd take Cooks over OBJ, but not Hopkins. However, OBJ and Hopkins are both now possession type receivers, whereas Cooks still has wheels.

Ha! What WR wouldn't want to play with Patrick Mahomes? Especially when you're coming from a team with Kyler Murray. That dude couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,135

Post#9 » by Mr B » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:56 pm

Hopkins still has more talent than Cooks but Cooks contract is much more team friendly.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#10 » by RaoulDuke79 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:17 am

Well as far as the Texans situation, he wanted out because they're clearly a terrible, ridiculously awful organization still rebuilding and he wants to play for a legit contender.

As to his previous years, I'm not sure.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#11 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:11 pm

hippesthippo wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Ha! What WR wouldn't want to play with Patrick Mahomes? Especially when you're coming from a team with Kyler Murray. That dude couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

Murray is more interested in playing video games rather than getting better and spending more time in the film room. He could careless about winning now that he got a contract he didn't deserve.
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach

Post#12 » by hippesthippo » Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:14 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
hippesthippo wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Hearing now Hopkins has interest and wants to be traded to the Chiefs.

Murray is more interested in playing video games rather than getting better and spending more time in the film room. He could careless about winning now that he got a contract he didn't deserve.

Well, he's out injured now, so he has a great chance to try and change some bad habits.

Personally, I'm more concerned about his tendency to chuck it downfield into double coverage when there's no reason to. He just doesn't seem to see the field very well and that's not good when you aren't super accurate either.

It's not all the time, lots of games he gets into a rhythm and his natural talent really shows up, but when he goes on those 3 week streaks of really bad play it stands out.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#13 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:23 pm

hippesthippo wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
hippesthippo wrote:

Well, he's out injured now, so he has a great chance to try and change some bad habits.

Personally, I'm more concerned about his tendency to chuck it downfield into double coverage when there's no reason to. He just doesn't seem to see the field very well and that's not good when you aren't super accurate either.

It's not all the time, lots of games he gets into a rhythm and his natural talent really shows up, but when he goes on those 3 week streaks of really bad play it stands out.

You must be excited for this upcoming season. I took your Lions as a sleeper pick last year and they came up a game short. If you guys nail your first 4 picks in the draft you guys will be a nightmare nobody will want to play.
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach

Post#14 » by hippesthippo » Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:37 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
hippesthippo wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Murray is more interested in playing video games rather than getting better and spending more time in the film room. He could careless about winning now that he got a contract he didn't deserve.

You must be excited for this upcoming season. I took your Lions as a sleeper pick last year and they came up a game short. If you guys nail your first 4 picks in the draft you guys will be a nightmare nobody will want to play.

The hype in Detroit is real this year. It's the best squad we've had since the Stafford/Suh/CJ days.

Seemingly half of our WR room getting suspended for gambling, Jameson Williams in particular, was a pretty big shot to the gut. Guys with that kind of speed and talent don't come cheap and this draft class is nowhere near some of the last few with respect to WR's. After trading Hockenson and now losing Williams this team really needs to bring in more help for Goff.

I also think switching out Jamal Williams for David Montgomery was a riskier move than most fans will admit.

We shall see! The NFC North looks super weak this year, assuming Rodgers is gone, so anything less than 9-8 would be a pretty big disappointment.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#15 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:42 pm

hippesthippo wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
hippesthippo wrote:

The hype in Detroit is real this year. It's the best squad we've had since the Stafford/Suh/CJ days.

Seemingly half of our WR room getting suspended for gambling, Jameson Williams in particular, was a pretty big shot to the gut. Guys with that kind of speed and talent don't come cheap and this draft class is nowhere near some of the last few with respect to WR's. After trading Hockenson and now losing Williams this team really needs to bring in more help for Goff.

I also think switching out Jamal Williams for David Montgomery was a riskier move than most fans will admit.

We shall see! The NFC North looks super weak this year, assuming Rodgers is gone, so anything less than 9-8 would be a pretty big disappointment.

The current over/under is 8.5
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by hippesthippo » Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:00 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
hippesthippo wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:You must be excited for this upcoming season. I took your Lions as a sleeper pick last year and they came up a game short. If you guys nail your first 4 picks in the draft you guys will be a nightmare nobody will want to play.

Yeah, that's sounds about right. :lol:

We're still really weak right now at LB, CB, and WR.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#17 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:03 pm

hippesthippo wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
hippesthippo wrote:

Why the hell did you guys pick up David Montgomery? You guys are in a perfect spot to draft Bijan Robinson. Best RB in the draft.
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach

Post#18 » by hippesthippo » Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:20 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
hippesthippo wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:The current over/under is 8.5

Why the hell did you guys pick up David Montgomery? You guys are in a perfect spot to draft Bijan Robinson. Best RB in the draft.

Our offensive line is good enough that we don't need a top RB to have an effective ground game. We had one of the top run games in the league last year with Williams and Swift.

As for why we made the change from Williams to Montgomery? I couldn't tell you. I think Williams is by far more explosive, but we trust Brad Holmes here in Detroit. Either way, we needed somebody else next to Swift; he's great at what he does, but you're not going to get a full season out of him and he doesn't excel at pass blocking or running inside. You have to play Swift in a platoon.

Simply put, our needs on defense are far greater than at RB and I expect 3 of those first 4 picks will address that.

Return to The General NFL Board