Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,353

Re: Budda Baker 

Post#2 » by hippesthippo » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:10 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'd love for Detroit to trade for him. There was talk about trading for Jalen Ramsey, but I like Budda just as much and think he'll come at a much cheaper price and would rather grab a couple CB's in the draft. His attitude would be a great fit here, he's durable as hell, fearless, and he can do it all. We'd have the best group of safeties in the league and I think depth at that position can be underrated: Budda, Gardner-Johnson, Kerby Joseph, Tracy Walker, and Will Harris.

Gardner-Johnson can move to nickle back depending on our alignment. Will Harris could move back to outside corner full time. Budda and Tracy Walker/Kerby Joseph can start at Safety.

Having that kind of depth at Safety with guys that are willing and capable of making tackles in the box as well as covering the occasional WR would help make up for our complete lack of competent linebackers and CB's.

Lions rant:
Spoiler:
Anzalone is the only sure fire starter at LB, and that's more for his leadership than his ability to shed blocks and make tough tackles. Malcolm Rodriguez looked good enough as a rookie to get first dibs on the second LB spot. Other than that we've got a part-time, pure pass-rusher in James Houston and Derrick Barnes, who took a step back last year after a decent showing his rookie year. We also brought back Jaylin Reeves-Maybin, but I think he's best as a back-up/part time starter who was mostly brought back for his special teams play.

Our CB room is even more pathetic. It was bad last year, then we went and moved on from Amani Oruwariye who had been our only consistent player at the position for years. Trading Jeff Okudah was definitely a big loss as far as talent is concerned, but he's been injured too often to develop any sort of consistency from play to play. Still I was surprised to see our only decent CB left traded for a 5th round pick. He's a former 3rd overall pick who was healthy enough to play 15 games last year. I wouldn't be surprised if he just needed a change of scenery and ends up flourishing in Atlanta.

I'd be extremely surprised if we didn't draft a CB with one of our two 1st's if we hold them. I'd much rather that than risk Jalen Carter setting us back. Hell, our first four picks should be used on 2 CB's, a LB, and a DT.
The Lions have plenty of trade assets to get a deal done for Budda and still have plenty left over to draft for our main needs at OCB, OLB, and DT.

Return to The General NFL Board