OT: College Football

Moderator: bwgood77

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,259

Re: OT: College Football 

Post#1121 » by wco81 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:42 pm

Several coaches make well over 8 figures now.

Most players don't make anything.

There are still a lot of kids going into football so colleges can keep getting free labor.

But supposedly the more affluent families are keeping their sons out of the sport, redirecting them to other sports.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Post#1122 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:28 am

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,259

Post#1123 » by wco81 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 7:14 pm

Just got an alert, Johnny Manziel announced he is boycotting the Heisman ceremonies until they return the trophy to Reggie Bush.

Someone was inviting Johnny?
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,165

Post#1124 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 8:08 pm

wco81 wrote:Just got an alert, Johnny Manziel announced he is boycotting the Heisman ceremonies until they return the trophy to Reggie Bush.

Spoiler:
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,570

Post#1125 » by hermes » Sat Mar 2, 2024 8:27 pm

do they invite the winners back for the presentation each year?

when did they take reggie's trophy away? and why does johnny care, are they friends or something?
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect
And1: 201

Post#1126 » by WentzerWuver » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:51 am

Not sure of the purpose of this thread but if da Bears draft you know who....it will be Bryce Young 2.0 all over again. Daniel is my top QB for 2024 by a mile. Don't pass up on the next Lamar!

https://youtu.be/dXShDWFI5rU?si=K1YflpYRmiyBu-7f

https://youtube.com/shorts/jCl00a5d9UE?si=l1ohi_l8lMxuftxa

https://youtu.be/1vZSlyAtSR0?si=TeOc0oDTZNRYyPVk

Don't do it!
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#1127 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:32 pm

I've seen Daniel since HS. At the time an Elite California prospect at QB. So I agree, dude has all the tools. Both Caleb and Daniel's are solid. But when the rookies come in, it's always about what the team is doing to protect and nurture. Andrew Luck came out of Stanford and was ruined with as many shots he took. Joe burrow was almost cooked, until the Bengals finally realized they need move protection. So Both Jayden and Caleb are quality prospects, but it's always about the Franchise. And in Chicago's case, there's a reason why they've seemingly had 25 QBs in 25 years(jk), but they've shuffled thru so many, it may not matter who is back there. They have a reputation
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#1128 » by WentzerWuver » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:53 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:I've seen Daniel since HS. At the time an Elite California prospect at QB. So I agree, dude has all the tools. Both Caleb and Daniel's are solid. But when the rookies come in, it's always about what the team is doing to protect and nurture. Andrew Luck came out of Stanford and was ruined with as many shots he took. Joe burrow was almost cooked, until the Bengals finally realized they need move protection. So Both Jayden and Caleb are quality prospects, but it's always about the Franchise. And in Chicago's case, there's a reason why they've seemingly had 25 QBs in 25 years(jk), but they've shuffled thru so many, it may not matter who is back there. They have a reputation
Da Bears and fans who want Caleb are just basing it off his highlight reels. If you watched most entire Trojans games vs Tigers game with Daniels, it's night and day where one is aloof in the pocket dancing and prancing trying to act like Mahomes while the other is consistently moving the down the field making smart instinctive plays with his arm and legs, nothing wasted.

https://youtu.be/z9yXOoHic0s?si=sSiAGoHo12Zul940

https://youtube.com/shorts/kG76VOXhFVI?si=rUuvqRs8_VdHpKM7

I know who I want as a QB cause I want winners!
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#1129 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:35 pm

Again, I've seen and watched Daniel's in HS. And even performances in camps., and yes, collegiately at Arizona State, then in Louisiana. We Californians have a long history of QBs and QB play. I am in no way an uninformed viewer. I'm saying he is as high Quality as Caleb. It's all about the necessity of the drafting team to do right by their drafted player.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Post#1130 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:51 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:
wco81 wrote:Just got an alert, Johnny Manziel announced he is boycotting the Heisman ceremonies until they return the trophy to Reggie Bush.

Spoiler:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#1131 » by WentzerWuver » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:52 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:Again, I've seen and watched Daniel's in HS. And even performances in camps., and yes, collegiately at Arizona State, then in Louisiana. We Californians have a long history of QBs and QB play. I am in no way an uninformed viewer. I'm saying he is as high Quality as Caleb. It's all about the necessity of the drafting team to do right by their drafted player.
If Daniels plays for ChiTown, he won't need a great o-line to be competitive. His legs will do the talking in the pros as well.

https://lsutigerswire.usatoday.com/2024/03/20/lsu-football-jayden-daniels-commanders-perfect-fit-espn/

He is the NEXT Lamar with a higher ceiling!
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#1132 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:49 am

Sounds good. Hope for the best!
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#1133 » by WentzerWuver » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:47 am

LAKESHOW wrote:Sounds good. Hope for the best!
Always. Lamar has the same mobility as Daniels but was very inaccurate as a passer from midrange to deep unlike Daniels who is pinpoint accurate at all 3 range. That's why he will not fall to the last pick in the first round.

Bears need to grab him with the top pick!
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,312

Post#1134 » by DOT » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Jayden Daniels threw for over 3,000 yards once in 5 years

Lamar did it twice in 3

Jayden Daniels has 1 season of over 1k rushing yards in 5 years

Lamar did it twice in 3. To put it another way, in 55 games over 5 years, Daniels has 3307 total rushing yards, in Lamar's last 2 seasons in Louisville alone he had 3172 in 26 games

It's really not comparable.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#1135 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:26 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
LAKESHOW wrote:Sounds good. Hope for the best!
Always. Lamar has the same mobility as Daniels but was very inaccurate as a passer from midrange to deep unlike Daniels who is pinpoint accurate at all 3 range. That's why he will not fall to the last pick in the first round.

Bears need to grab him with the top pick!

I understand your arguing points. And Yes, Daniel's is an excellent prospect. But Chicago will most likely go with Caleb
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#1136 » by WentzerWuver » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:13 pm

DOT wrote:Jayden Daniels threw for over 3,000 yards once in 5 years

Lamar did it twice in 3

Jayden Daniels has 1 season of over 1k rushing yards in 5 years

Lamar did it twice in 3. To put it another way, in 55 games over 5 years, Daniels has 3307 total rushing yards, in Lamar's last 2 seasons in Louisville alone he had 3172 in 26 games

It's really not comparable.
Lol maybe that matters to you for even bringing those stats up but not to most teams when it comes to the draft. His major weakness has always been his accuracy or lack thereof, especially in the playoffs. Now don't get me wrong, I always liked Lamar's passion for the game but cannot figure out if his accuracy issues are mental or the coordination ability required that separate the great QB apart from the insanely physical athletic traits that scouts and fans seems to care sooo much about more than someone with an average joe build like Joe Cool, Purdy and GOAT Brady.

The Ravens had a top o-line last season yet he still failed to connect to his receivers deep when they were open in the playoffs given the time he had in the pocket. If Rodgers was behind that line, they would have beaten the Chiefs and go on to win the SB and you know it.

https://ebonybird.com/2022/06/12/ravens-lamar-jackson-worst-deep-passers/

Daniels average over 70% completion during his last 2 seasons at LSU under all conditions compared to around 50% and worse when going deep. That's why he's a top 3 lottery pick and Lamar was not.

Simple as that.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1137 » by DOT » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:18 pm

I can just make **** up too

If Lamar in college stayed for 5 years and had 2 1st round WRs to throw to, he would’ve looked better than Daniels and you know it

See?

Crowning him as better than a 2x MVP because he had 1 good season in his 5th year in college is just wild, but I’m guessing it’s just a troll job.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#1138 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:27 pm

DOT wrote:I can just make **** up too

but I’m guessing it’s just a troll job.

Well he did say QUEEN played the Superbowl Half time...lol
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#1139 » by WentzerWuver » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:23 am

DOT wrote:I can just make **** up too

If Lamar in college stayed for 5 years and had 2 1st round WRs to throw to, he would’ve looked better than Daniels and you know it

See?

Crowning him as better than a 2x MVP because he had 1 good season in his 5th year in college is just wild, but I’m guessing it’s just a troll job.
If so, then I must be doing a bang-up job on his behalf along with those in his camp as team scouts and analysts view him as a top-tier QB least likely to bust unlike those other QB in this draft class. Even if Lamar was in THIS draft class coming out of college, NO team would have taken him as their top QB as I didn't in that draft and I surely don't need to make things up like you would need to for Lamar to fool teams into taken him over Daniels.

In reality, he ended up being drafted with the last pick for day 1 to back up Flacco.

https://youtube.com/shorts/_azL9WIULFQ?si=8xzdUCYZv_kJXIIK

Most posters would use hindsight to argue like you just did with the 2x MVP bit like you KNEW all along he'd be THIS successful in the NFL Lol
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1140 » by DOT » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:01 pm

Yeah, it's pretty clearly just trolling

I don't even think there's a cogent point in there, it's just vomiting out words to argue and then linking random videos.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Return to The General NFL Board