OT: College Football

Moderator: bwgood77

El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Re: OT: College Football 

Post#1041 » by El Turco » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:58 am

Norvell doesnt come across a SEC guy to me, his track record isnt much either.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,570

Post#1042 » by hermes » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:40 pm

brian ferentz is available...
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,688

Post#1043 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:05 pm

Ewers not entering the draft or the portal and coming back to Texas.

So I take it Arch is going to hit the portal now. No way he is going to be a backup as a Soph. Go get him Riley!!!
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Post#1044 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:31 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Ewers not entering the draft or the portal and coming back to Texas.

So I take it Arch is going to hit the portal now. No way he is going to be a backup as a Soph. Go get him Riley!!!

Yea this is one situation I’ve been eyeing. Ewers is a really good QB but he’s not ready for the NFL yet. He needs at least 1 more season before going pro. With that said I don’t see any way Texas can sit Manning for another season and I don’t see any way Manning should sit. Even in an open competition I don’t see Ewers winning that battle.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1045 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:45 pm

Mr B wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Ewers not entering the draft or the portal and coming back to Texas.

Yea this is one situation I’ve been eyeing. Ewers is a really good QB but he’s not ready for the NFL yet. He needs at least 1 more season before going pro. With that said I don’t see any way Texas can sit Manning for another season and I don’t see any way Manning should sit. Even in an open competition I don’t see Ewers winning that battle.

Ya to me the only plausible scenario here is Manning enters the portal. I just see zero scenario where Ewers comes back to Texas (in his announcement he didnt just say he's returning to college football, but specifically said returning to Texas) with any possibility of not being the starter. And I do agree he needs another year before going pro. He has all the physical tools you want in a QB, everything about him is just so inconsistent. Whether its his production or his footwork and so on. He just needs to clean up his game.

But on the flipside, I see zero chance Arch is going to be cool with sitting out another season. I just dont see Arch being cool with having zero real snaps before the season where he gets to show off and be eligible for the draft. Unless Kiffin and Ole Miss can really use that family connection, this screams we are going to see a crazy amount thrown at Arch in the portal.

I just see zero possibility Arch and Ewers are on the same team by spring.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,559

Post#1046 » by azcatz11 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:52 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Ya to me the only plausible scenario here is Manning enters the portal. I just see zero scenario where Ewers comes back to Texas (in his announcement he didnt just say he's returning to college football, but specifically said returning to Texas) with any possibility of not being the starter. And I do agree he needs another year before going pro. He has all the physical tools you want in a QB, everything about him is just so inconsistent. Whether its his production or his footwork and so on. He just needs to clean up his game.

But on the flipside, I see zero chance Arch is going to be cool with sitting out another season. I just dont see Arch being cool with having zero real snaps before the season where he gets to show off and be eligible for the draft. Unless Kiffin and Ole Miss can really use that family connection, this screams we are going to see a crazy amount thrown at Arch in the portal.

Sark could go to Alabama and bring Arch with him...would make a lot of sense for all parties.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1047 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:02 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
Mr B wrote:Yea this is one situation I’ve been eyeing. Ewers is a really good QB but he’s not ready for the NFL yet. He needs at least 1 more season before going pro. With that said I don’t see any way Texas can sit Manning for another season and I don’t see any way Manning should sit. Even in an open competition I don’t see Ewers winning that battle.

Sark could go to Alabama and bring Arch with him...would make a lot of sense for all parties.

I could see that, but then you run into the question of what happens to Milroe? Does he bounce to the portal? Because same with Ewers, I see no way Milroe will be cool with being on the bench next year. I believe he is one of if not the current betting favorite for the Heisman next year.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,559

Post#1048 » by azcatz11 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:04 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

I could see that, but then you run into the question of what happens to Milroe? Does he bounce to the portal? Because same with Ewers, I see no way Milroe will be cool with being on the bench next year. I believe he is one of if not the current betting favorite for the Heisman next year.

I forgot about Milroe...lol.

Yeah, I don't know. I do agree there's no shot in hell Arch is sitting again after the flashes he showed. I would start Arch all day over Ewers personally.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Arch transfers to USC...they have a gaping hole at QB and it's a legit blue blood.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1049 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:15 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

I forgot about Milroe...lol.

Yeah, I don't know. I do agree there's no shot in hell Arch is sitting again after the flashes he showed. I would start Arch all day over Ewers personally.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Arch transfers to USC...they have a gaping hole at QB and it's a legit blue blood.

Ya with Nelson leaving, I cant see Miller Moss being a guy that would scare away Arch haha. The thing is, I dont think USC was even really on the radar when it came to Arch during his recruitment. Didnt seem like he had any interest to go to the West coast. Plus not sure if Riley and their new DC Lynn might have to show they can actually play some defense before another top QB signs up to play for them haha. That long line of elite college QBs to play for Riley to just be wasted because of playing on teams with no defense, I think maybe starting to catch up to Riley.

Id love to see it though. I think no doubt USC will hand him a blank check... I mean put together a great NIL deal for him.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1050 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:45 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I’m not exactly sure how the transfer portal works but I could see a scenario where Texas plays Manning over Ewers and then Ewers enters the portal. I just don’t see Texas letting Manning walk.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,265

Post#1051 » by wco81 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:26 am

Wow third generation Manning QB.

Does Peyton or Eli have sons?
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,316

Post#1052 » by DOT » Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:10 pm

Arch should go to UConn

Take the hardest road.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#1053 » by LAKESHOW » Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:22 pm

If the PAC12 was still alive, I would advise Arch to go West. They have the best QB friendly coaches and QB friendly teams. Heck, even The Arizonas have quality passing schemes
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1054 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:18 pm

wco81 wrote:Wow third generation Manning QB.

Does Peyton or Eli have sons?

Not yet, Arch Manning is Cooper Manning’s son.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1055 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:18 pm

DOT wrote:Arch should go to UConn

Take the hardest road.

That’s not going to happen. It’s either Texas or another really big program.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1056 » by DOT » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:21 pm

Mr B wrote:

Take the hardest road.

Let a man dream, god damn
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Mr B
RealGM

Post#1057 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:24 pm

DOT wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Take the hardest road.

Lol! Quinn Ewers might be available. He’s also a really good QB and like we were talking about earlier in this thread it’s not likely that both will stay at Texas.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1058 » by DOT » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:33 pm

Mr B wrote:
DOT wrote:
Mr B wrote:That’s not going to happen. It’s either Texas or another really big program.

Lol! Quinn Ewers might be available. He’s also a really good QB and like we were talking about earlier in this thread it’s not likely that both will stay at Texas.

Ewers is staying, at least that's what he said

UConn isn't getting anybody with any sort of national attention. Our biggest recruit in years was this kid Zion Turner, a 3 star QB out of Florida, and he really hasn't developed, and the biggest transfer we've gotten was Ta'Quan Roberson, who's ok but nothing special

Jim Mora is doing his best, but the sport is so fundamentally unbalanced and the team isn't in any conference cause the basketball team wanted to go back to the Big East.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,959

Post#1059 » by goober » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:24 pm

Washington’s HC is heading to Bama
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,466

Post#1060 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:26 pm

Ryan Grubb will likely takeover. Assuming he does, UW will be in good hands. A great play caller & recruiter.

Bama just got an absolute superstar. Who is more than capable of filling the shoes of Saban.

I guess I'm officially an Alabama fan now.

Roll Tide!!!
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over

Return to The General NFL Board