2023 NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Moderator: bwgood77

durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 6,761

Re: 2023 NFL Fantasy Football Thread 

Post#561 » by durden_tyler » Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:00 pm

Good luck to all the managers who will lead their respective teams to the playoff spot today. 5 are locked but 4 players still battling for those last 3 slots i believe. In or out, i enjoyed this league despite no buy-in (and treated it as if it had one).
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,329

Post#562 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:43 pm

Poor Jarrod. :ouch: Jack putting on a whooping ! :onfire:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,491

Post#563 » by bwgood77 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:05 pm

Damn, forgot to change my lineup since last week. Left in Tyler Allgeier and Tyler Higbee over Josh Jacobs and Chris Godwin. Also left Lamar Jackson on the bench. That might not be as bad with Herbert.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,567

Post#564 » by azcatz11 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:16 pm

durden_tyler wrote:Good luck to all the managers who will lead their respective teams to the playoff spot today. 5 are locked but 4 players still battling for those last 3 slots i believe. In or out, i enjoyed this league despite no buy-in (and treated it as if it had one).

Thank you for taking it seriously.

I’ve already filed a motion to remove Duke and Dirk from the league
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#565 » by bwgood77 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:58 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:Good luck to all the managers who will lead their respective teams to the playoff spot today. 5 are locked but 4 players still battling for those last 3 slots i believe. In or out, i enjoyed this league despite no buy-in (and treated it as if it had one).

I change my lineup every week but for some reason left my bye players from last week on the bench. I have started Lamar Jackson every week until last week. This mistake may cost me the playoffs...that and leaving Tyler Higbee in as flex instead of Chris Godwin. I would have put in Josh Jacobs too over Allgeier but doesn't look like that would have helped me a ton.

Lamar over Herbert would have given me 30 pts though and Godwin over Higbee another 10.
durden_tyler
RealGM

Post#566 » by durden_tyler » Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:33 am

bwgood77 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

I change my lineup every week but for some reason left my bye players from last week on the bench. I have started Lamar Jackson every week until last week. This mistake may cost me the playoffs...that and leaving Tyler Higbee in as flex instead of Chris Godwin. I would have put in Josh Jacobs too over Allgeier but doesn't look like that would have helped me a ton.

Lamar over Herbert would have given me 30 pts though and Godwin over Higbee another 10.

Yes was curious of that move (benching Lamar), thinking it was intentional.

You stil have a great shot today though; it's basically Buffalo Hawks' duo of Henry + Doubs vs your Waddle and Hopkins.

Vincent Freeman is of course just playing spoilers today, and i am the one most invested in this match-up since i get it in as 8th seed if you lose and you're win and in.

Good luck.
durden_tyler
RealGM

Post#567 » by durden_tyler » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:20 am

IF i manage to get into the playoffs as 8th seed; then upset the #1 team (Defending Champion/Roger), #4/#5 seeds and then get another win to cop the title, i am going to send 0.001 bitcoin (or ethereum at that value) to Vincent/Buffalo Hawks.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#568 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:23 am

durden_tyler wrote:IF i manage to get into the playoffs as 8th seed; then upset the #1 team (Defending Champion/Roger), #4/#5 seeds and then get another win to cop the title, i am going to send 0.001 bitcoin (or ethereum at that value) to Vincent/Buffalo Hawks.

Good luck. I hope you get the chance to take me on. :rolleyes: :talkhand: :crazy: Your a better GM than azcatz11 and I have filed a motion to remove him next year. :wink: :rofl:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#569 » by bwgood77 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:55 am

durden_tyler wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

You stil have a great shot today though; it's basically Buffalo Hawks' duo of Henry + Doubs vs your Waddle and Hopkins.

Vincent Freeman is of course just playing spoilers today, and i am the one most invested in this match-up since i get it in as 8th seed if you lose and you're win and in.

Good luck.

Wow, we're separated by .1 pts in our matchup. Why are their 2 games on? I guess it was scheduled that way. It confused me looking at fantasy scores because I was looking at Henry and Doubs and both scores said 10-7...and looking at Waddle..same thing.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,466

Post#570 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:06 am

bwgood77 wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Good luck.

Wow, we're separated by .1 pts in our matchup. Why are their 2 games on? I guess it was scheduled that way. It confused me looking at fantasy scores because I was looking at Henry and Doubs and both scores said 10-7...and looking at Waddle..same thing.

Wow, just saw how close your matchup is currently.

So a win & your in, right?
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,567

Post#571 » by azcatz11 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:17 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:

Good luck.

Is that matchup a league record for “closeness”?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#572 » by bwgood77 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:19 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:

Good luck.

I guess so....that's what durden said. I went ahead briefly after a couple Waddle receptions, then Doubs had one. Tennesee basically handed them 2 tds muffing a punt return inside the 10 and then fumbling around their own 12 on the next possession. Of course they run Mostert every down in there instead of pass it to Waddle.

Now it will depend on whether Henry gets it or Hopkins. I imagine Tennessee is more likely to pass now..but I don't hold out too much hope since I am down. Can't believe I left Lamar on the bench. Or even Godwin.

Heck, even Josh Jacobs who I would have put in over Allgeier. He only had 7 to Allgeier's 4 but those 3 guys who had a bye last week who I had on my bench, I forgot to fix my lineup for the first time.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#573 » by bwgood77 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:20 am

azcatz11 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I feel like the Chargers....as if I have key players out and will miss the playoffs by like 1 pt in the final game.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#574 » by bwgood77 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:21 am

Oh, I guess Hopkins caught a pass so I inched ahead by 2/10ths of a point.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,466

Post#575 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:22 am

bwgood77 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Wow, just saw how close your matchup is currently.

I feel like the Chargers....as if I have key players out and will miss the playoffs by like 1 pt in the final game.

Hopkins TD. That should do it!!
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#576 » by bwgood77 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:24 am

Well, I guess Hopkins saved me.....luckily that catch before the guy went out of bounds.

Though I guess the Titans could get the ball back and Derrick Henry could break a run for a td. Unlikely though. Unless it really was the Chargers.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#577 » by bwgood77 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:32 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Hopkins TD. That should do it!!

It's interesting. If I would have started all my normal guys, and not realized I left last week's bye players in, I would have had like 170. And I see Jayden Reed has 20 on my bench too. I may have to start him next week. Probably higher upside than Godwin. He's had a few good weeks and I've played him before.
durden_tyler
RealGM

Post#578 » by durden_tyler » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:35 am

Congrats bwgood. No thanks to you Hopkins :D

Good luck in your 8-team playoff guys, should be fun. Looking forward to next year, if i am still in and if invited. Thanks for a great fantasy season experience!
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#579 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:50 am

durden_tyler wrote:Congrats bwgood. No thanks to you Hopkins :D

Good luck in your 8-team playoff guys, should be fun. Looking forward to next year, if i am still in and if invited. Thanks for a great fantasy season experience!

Can I suggest you hire an expert on draft night. :wink: :ouch:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#580 » by bwgood77 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:59 am

durden_tyler wrote:Congrats bwgood. No thanks to you Hopkins :D

Thanks. Damn I wasn't watching after Hopkins scored....but had mentioned Henry could score...that would be Charger-esque...and they did and WON!. Luckily Hopkins also caught another long pass on that final drive too or I probably would have lost by less than a point....actually I think it was worth 4.6, so I would have won by only 1.

It's crazy that the final playoff spot came down to like the very end of two MNF games....like the last few minutes.

Return to The General NFL Board