2023 NFL Fantasy Football Thread

Moderator: bwgood77

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

2023 NFL Fantasy Football Thread 

Post#1 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:20 pm

Never too early to talk fantasy football now that training camp has started. I've already have drafted 4 money leagues so far with 6 more next month to go. Ratings and projections this year are a bit shocking if you ask me. Hopefully Scott will straighten us all out when he comes out with his annual list of projections. :wink: :rofl:
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Re: 2023 NFL Fantasy Football Thread 

Post#2 » by jwise44 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:33 pm

Why do you draft so often so early? So much changes between now and the season.

Also, still in for fantasy this year
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#3 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:11 pm

jwise44 wrote:Why do you draft so often so early? So much changes between now and the season.

For one, the ratings and projections change from the beginning of June to late August. If you are on your game and know your stuff, you can stack yourself a really nice team before everyone else catches on and all the ratings change and are updated by September. Once those nice sleepers and gems start getting some attention, they are harder to get the last couple weeks before the season starts. Many of my most successful teams in the past were drafted in early June in the past. I've only drafted 4 money teams so far sweetie with 6 more to go next month. 10 drafted money teams is enough to handle for me which is what I do every year for quite awhile now. And you know you drafted a really good team early when you get endless trade offers for 6 weeks. So far I have made and accepted 4 trade offers and its not even August. Keeps me busy and engaged. Love it. On the flip side you can say it sharpens my skills so I'm ready for you, Scott, Jack and all the rest of the sharp mins in our league. Well, maybe not Scott. :wink:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#4 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:23 pm

jwise44 wrote:Why do you draft so often so early? So much changes between now and the season.

We hopefully will be going back to a 10 team league this year according to Jack if we can find a couple more players interested. Nothing has been finalized yet and am sure things are in the early stages as things are just starting to pick up. There is also a possibility this year we finally have a money league hopefully, even if its only a $50.00 - $75.00 league. But that will depend on everyone's input. I'm sure Jack is already on top of it and we will all be discussing it very shortly.
anatomicbomb
Sixth Man
And1: 1,208

Post#5 » by anatomicbomb » Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:49 pm

i'm so annoyed that this stupid province banned fantasy football betting through formal paid leagues like yahoo "until further review"

i can only play in so many free leagues before i lose interest

Spoiler:
Everything is practice.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#6 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:17 pm

anatomicbomb wrote:i'm so annoyed that this stupid province banned fantasy football betting through formal paid leagues like yahoo "until further review"

i can only play in so many free leagues before i lose interest

I know how you feel. You want to be rewarded for your football knowledge.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 6,755

Post#7 » by durden_tyler » Tue Aug 1, 2023 2:34 pm

I almost forgot that there is a Football board here, and of course fantasy discussion (RealGM basketball fantasy sucks i think, not much action of i am just looking at the wrong places)

Anyway, haven’t backread all posts in this thread, but any go to NFL rankings fantasy sites? Pretty all over the place and i don’t know who to trust most! (FYI just in my 4th year playing NFL fantasy.)

Thanks!
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#8 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 1, 2023 6:17 pm

durden_tyler wrote:I almost forgot that there is a Football board here, and of course fantasy discussion (RealGM basketball fantasy sucks i think, not much action of i am just looking at the wrong places)

Anyway, haven’t backread all posts in this thread, but any go to NFL rankings fantasy sites? Pretty all over the place and i don’t know who to trust most! (FYI just in my 4th year playing NFL fantasy.)

Thanks!

That's the crazy thing about fantasy football. I've learned over the years the draft is really won rounds 4-9. Everyone gets a good player in the first couple rounds. Perfect example was Cooper Cupp 3 years ago. He was rated around 48 I believe which is late 5th round, early 6th. He had such a monster year he was the over all #1 choice last season, and you saw what happened there. I watch almost all the games every week anyway so I can make my own notes. I guess some of the guys are o.k. with their rating, etc., but there are many whack a doodles out there as well. Scott should be sharing his rating real soon. You'll see what I mean. :wink:
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 6,755

Post#9 » by durden_tyler » Thu Aug 3, 2023 7:39 am

Hopefully there’s an NFL fantasy league open for RealGM users! i only use Yahoo or ESPN.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#10 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Aug 3, 2023 3:27 pm

durden_tyler wrote:Hopefully there’s an NFL fantasy league open for RealGM users! i only use Yahoo or ESPN.

You have come to the right place. When you get a chance, hook up with Jack.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Post#11 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Aug 4, 2023 6:39 pm

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,553

Post#12 » by azcatz11 » Fri Aug 4, 2023 11:34 pm

Im going on vacation to the Caribbean on Sunday. I will be creating my propriety rankings on the flight over. If anyone is interested let me know. The cost is $500
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#13 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Aug 5, 2023 1:37 am

azcatz11 wrote:Im going on vacation to the Caribbean on Sunday. I will be creating my propriety rankings on the flight over. If anyone is interested let me know. The cost is $500

Your price went up from last year. :crazy: Trying to make up for all your lost wagers? :wink: We are playing for money this year so I hope your on your game this year. :wink: The king isn't impressed. :eyebrows:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#14 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Aug 5, 2023 1:39 am

azcatz11 wrote:Im going on vacation to the Caribbean on Sunday. I will be creating my propriety rankings on the flight over. If anyone is interested let me know. The cost is $500

:falloff: :falloff:
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#15 » by azcatz11 » Sat Aug 5, 2023 2:32 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Your price went up from last year. :crazy: Trying to make up for all your lost wagers? :wink: We are playing for money this year so I hope your on your game this year. :wink: The king isn't impressed. :eyebrows:

How much is the buy in?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#16 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Aug 5, 2023 2:35 am

azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

How much is the buy in?

Jack hasn't decided yet. He wants to go back to a 10 team league and then ask everyone? I'm suggesting small like $50.00 -$75.00 to keep it friendly.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#17 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Aug 5, 2023 2:38 am

I'll be setting up a couple of my own custom leagues this month like I always do and have the past 5 years.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#18 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Aug 5, 2023 2:40 am

azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

How much is the buy in?

I'm sure if we all decide to do a money league it will be for a small amount. Do you need a loan? I know your took a beaten in the Super Bowl the last time we chatted. :wink:
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#19 » by azcatz11 » Sat Aug 5, 2023 2:44 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Your price went up from last year. :crazy: Trying to make up for all your lost wagers? :wink: We are playing for money this year so I hope your on your game this year. :wink: The king isn't impressed. :eyebrows:

How much is the buy in?

I'm sure if we all decide to do a money league it will be for a small amount. Do you need a loan? I know your took a beaten in the Super Bowl the last time we chatted. :wink:

I'm down for whatever...$50 or $100 sounds good to me. Enough so it's interesting. I'm only in 2 leagues now. This league and a Dynasty League.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#20 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Aug 5, 2023 2:48 am

azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
How much is the buy in?

I'm down for whatever...$50 or $100 sounds good to me. Enough so it's interesting. I'm only in 2 leagues now. This league and a Dynasty League.

If your interested I will have 2 custom leagues up next week in Yahoo. 10 team, $75.00 league. Same settings we have in Jack's league except RB's get .5 points per carry. Full PPR for WR.

Return to The General NFL Board