Rookie
And1: 353

Re: Week 3 Game Thread 

Post#581 » by Jaydubb » Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:41 am

last stand wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:
last stand wrote:
I honestly think Brian Johnson hasn’t settled in as an nfl playcaller yet

Shane Steichen had a year with the chargers and half a year with the eagles before 2022

I think he’s gotten better every week

Jalen also just looks like he’s getting used to different looks defensively and despite the 2 picks I actually thought he looked the most like himself tonight

Agreed for the most part. I thought it was interesting late in the game the eagles were showing pass on 3rd and short and sirianni blew a timeout and the eagles came back and ran the tush push for an easy 1st down. So sirianni overruled BJ there.

It’ll take some time but I think everybody will get more comfortable. I mean this team lost what, like 5-6 coaches overall not to mention both the OC and DC?lmao.. It doesn’t surprise me that they are starting a little slowly.

I’m very impressed with the defense so far though. I was a guy that didn’t hate Gannon but didn’t love him either but man, desai already looks a million times better than Gannon no question. The run defense actually looks good so far.lmao it’s been a while since you could say that with a straight face.

The run defense is interesting

I think largely the interior has upgraded. Both Jordan and Jalen Carter are upgrades on hargrave. Especially against the run, and Jalen to me is an upgrade pass rushing

But even Jordan has been shockingly good pass rushing

But desai also actually will press his corners which Gannon refused to ever do. I think desai might actually be a star

We may have downgraded offensively but we’ve upgraded defensively

Hell have his bumps but I really like him. I think Brian Johnson is someone who come week 9 we’ll be happy with

He has moments, but Shane is missed. He had Anthony Richardson really moving, he’s a really great offensive coach

It’s so crazy to think a team loses javon hargrave and gets better on the interior DL but that’s exactly what happened..lmao

I’m just hoping we can somehow get 3 years out of desai but if we go far in the playoffs again and/or get to the Super Bowl I’m wondering if desai is poached pretty quickly. Maybe after year 2.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,500

Post#582 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:50 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:Can someone explain how The Raiders took Wilson over Carter?

The Hawks weren't going to gamble on him after what happened with Malik McDowell. The two guys they really wanted we're Will Anderson & Witherspoon. But when Anderson was taken by Houston, it was an easy decision for them. They love Witherspoon.

Detroit also wanted Witherspoon. When the Hawks took him, they traded out & went with Gibbs.

Wilson was a reach at 7 for the Raiders. But I can't fault them for passing on Carter. Especially after Ruggs.

I think the Bears we're targeting offensive lineman the entire time.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
righterwriter
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,537

Post#583 » by righterwriter » Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:28 am

El Turco wrote:CJ Stroud is that dude...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38483441/we-draft-right-guy-texans-qb-cj-stroud-makes-history

The outing made him the first quarterback in NFL history to have at least 900 passing yards, four pass touchdowns and zero interceptions in his first three career starts, according to ESPN Stats & Information research.

Read on Twitter

and apparently his 4 offensive linemen were out yesterday. will anderson also looks like a generational talent, between those two and hiring demeco ryans texans had an offseason for ages.

I've liked him since I saw him on Elite 11 back in 2019. ;list=PLophBuf6iBSVyGfnKqhDAu9CYvb0emect

He can see the field really well and he plays smart.

I'm not going to put a lot into his stats at this point, as he got a ton of yards the first two games with the game out of reach. If he can keep the team in the game while putting up numbers, then the stats mean a lot more.

Regardless, its been a great start. Any rookie QB that can step right in and perform, especially on a team lacking elite talent, should generate excitement and optimism.

I hope he does really well and the Texans can turn things around under Demeco. The Steelers should be a good litmus test as to what he can do against a solid defense, especially the pass rush.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,585

Post#584 » by hermes » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:25 pm

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#585 » by wco81 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:14 pm

hermes wrote:https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38496220/taylor-swift-effect-travis-kelce-jersey-sales-spike-nearly-400
the swifties have invaded the nfl and i'm here for it

One of the podcasts suggested this was a ploy by Swift to tap into the NFL fan base.

Oh it was some guest on Bill Simmons.

She had a thing or there was a rumor that she was dating Austin Reaves.

She can't be that greedy, trying to sell a few more tickets to people who otherwise wouldn't go to her concerts?
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,585

Post#586 » by hermes » Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:52 pm

taylor's probably not hard up for money. another theory could be she's getting into another relationship to mine it for future song material

or the other side that roger goodell somehow orchestrated this to get new viewers/publicity for the league

or its just two kids having fun, maybe its true love - who's to say
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Post#587 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:44 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:Can someone explain how The Raiders took Wilson over Carter?

The Hawks weren't going to gamble on him after what happened with Malik McDowell. The two guys they really wanted we're Will Anderson & Witherspoon. But when Anderson was taken by Houston, it was an easy decision for them. They love Witherspoon.

Detroit also wanted Witherspoon. When the Hawks took him, they traded out & went with Gibbs.

Wilson was a reach at 7 for the Raiders. But I can't fault them for passing on Carter. Especially after Ruggs.

I think the Bears we're targeting offensive lineman the entire time.

The Ruggs situation was awful but they are completely different one guy was absolutely plastered drunk and drove his car and killed someone. Right now Carter looks like he's probably at worst the 2nd/3rd best player in the draft depending on where you have Bijan. Bears need a lot of help I get it but there's a reason Carter was considered the top prospect of the draft. This is all wayyyyy too early but he is fitting in really well with Philly

https://fansided.com/posts/jalen-carter-nfl-draft-regret-falcons-bears-raiders-eagles/3
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#588 » by wco81 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:04 am

hermes wrote:taylor's probably not hard up for money. another theory could be she's getting into another relationship to mine it for future song material

or the other side that roger goodell somehow orchestrated this to get new viewers/publicity for the league

or its just two kids having fun, maybe its true love - who's to say

Travis is also trying to get publicity for some media thing as well.
cjx
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,582

Post#589 » by cjx » Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:30 am

If the Niners or Eagles slip up, fam, the Lions could sneak into the NFC championship game :lol:!
Take a couple of minutes and check out this comic book, my friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/574101710/the-assemblage-issue-1a-courage-and-no-more-crises
cjx
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,582

Post#590 » by cjx » Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:41 am

The NFL illuminati arranged the Travis Kelce-Taylor Swift partnership for their global agenda, yes, indeed, folks :lol:
Take a couple of minutes and check out this comic book, my friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/574101710/the-assemblage-issue-1a-courage-and-no-more-crises
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,472

Post#591 » by durden_tyler » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:18 am

i think it's true love and we should bet on Kelce over the rest of the season (or until the break up. LOL)
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Post#592 » by Mr Swagtastic » Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:04 am

cjx wrote:The NFL illuminati arranged the Travis Kelce-Taylor Swift partnership for their global agenda, yes, indeed, folks
The Chiefs don't need anymore bandwagon fans.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#593 » by El Turco » Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:13 pm

cjx wrote:If the Niners or Eagles slip up, fam, the Lions could sneak into the NFC championship game :lol:!

then we'll have an energy crisis trying to melt hell
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,135

Post#594 » by Mr B » Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:13 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
cjx wrote:The NFL illuminati arranged the Travis Kelce-Taylor Swift partnership for their global agenda, yes, indeed, folks
The Chiefs don't need anymore bandwagon fans.

You mean you don’t want the Swifties to take over Arrowhead?
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 332

Post#595 » by QB_Eagles » Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:51 pm

Mr B wrote:You mean you don’t want the Swifties to take over Arrowhead?

I'm gonna need just one Swift taking over Arrowhead in week 11. D'Andre Swift.

Return to The General NFL Board