Moderator: bwgood77

El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Re: NFL trade deadline 

Post#61 » by El Turco » Wed Nov 1, 2023 1:40 pm

last stand wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
last stand wrote:His numbers are fine, but he doesn’t look the same, doesn’t have the same pop in his legs

If he was the same guy I’m not sure they trade him, and they definitely don’t trade him for a 3rd

They just got a 2nd for Montez

Young has not lived up to expectations. They got a 2nd for Sweat because he's been far more productive.

Well that was my point. Was that young wasn’t what he was, and if he was they would’ve gotten at least a 2nd rounder

Them getting a 3rd is because he’s young, can still make use of his talent, but he’s definitely not the guy they initially had in his rookie year

He’s missed 2 seasons essentially

I think he’ll do well with the niners. But the niners spending a 2nd and getting sweat would’ve concerned me more than a 3rd for young. But he’s low risk high reward at the end of the day and I think at the deadline that’s the best kind of deal.

Sweat might very well end up a better player, I dont watch Washington enough to make a judgement but judging players' value by how much teams trade for them is a rather silly practice. Teams overpay for players all the time, especially bad teams--Colts gave up first rounder for Trent Richardson, Seattle gave up 2 firsts for Jamal Adams etc. Those deals were overpay when they happened and aged like milk unsurprisingly.

I definitely dont think few months of Sweat is worth second rounder, few months of Young probably not worth third rounder for most teams either but it is an easy risk for Niners to take because of their comp picks.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,492

Post#62 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Nov 4, 2023 5:51 pm

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#63 » by El Turco » Sat Nov 4, 2023 9:44 pm

Yuck 100 mil for a player that never had a double digit sacks. After Bears committed a significant draft capital they had to overpay, he pulled a Jamal Adams lol
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#64 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Nov 4, 2023 10:22 pm

lol Adams is an All-Pro type talent. He just hasn't been healthy & has missed a lot of time the last two years. They gave up too much in draft compensation. But when he plays he's a difference maker.

Sweat is a really good player. He's been way more productive than Chase Young even. But it never made sense to trade a top 40 pick essentially for a team that is in the process of a rebuild & not a playoff contender.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,203

Post#65 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sat Nov 4, 2023 11:17 pm

Any predictions on where the top remaining free agents sign? Been hearing both Philly and Kansas City rumored to Jarvis Landry also seen Ndamukong Suh rumored back to Detroit
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#66 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Nov 6, 2023 7:11 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Im so done haha. I dont care even if its a 7th round pick they gave up. If youre going to go this route, just go with freaking Hall. I make fun of Cowboy fans because they got Jerry running that organization. I cant talk, we got freaking Kwesi who has no clue what he's doing.

Have you ordered your Josh Dobbs jersey yet? The fan club is blowing up! :wink:
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,885

Post#67 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Nov 6, 2023 7:15 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Im so done haha. I dont care even if its a 7th round pick they gave up. If youre going to go this route, just go with freaking Hall. I make fun of Cowboy fans because they got Jerry running that organization. I cant talk, we got freaking Kwesi who has no clue what he's doing.

Have you ordered your Josh Dobbs jersey yet? The fan club is blowing up! :wink:

Haha nope, Ive gone from pre ordering my Drake Maye jersey for a JJ McCarthy jersey...

Hell of a game though by him and KOC yesterday though. The long term fan in me wants them to just trash the season and get Maye. But damn its fun as hell watching a Vikings win haha. Even though deep down I know most likely this season is going to end up being a 9-8 season and we just barely miss out on the playoffs.

Dobbs makes so many dumb little mistakes throughout the game (not just yesterday, but this has always been Dobbs). But I give it to him, he made some damn good plays as well.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#68 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:02 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Im so done haha. I dont care even if its a 7th round pick they gave up. If youre going to go this route, just go with freaking Hall. I make fun of Cowboy fans because they got Jerry running that organization. I cant talk, we got freaking Kwesi who has no clue what he's doing.

Read on Twitter

Return to The General NFL Board