Other
9%

Total votes: 35

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,123

Re: Predict who wins MVP 

Post#661 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 5, 2024 10:12 pm

El Turco wrote:Yet he is behind other candidates in stats or team record, or both. Not happening.

But I thought betting odds didn’t matter? If they don’t matter who can say Dak is behind them? Who also is the say that he can pass them this week if he has a strong game? What if Purdy has another multi interception game, is Purdy even playing? Just because you don’t believe it doesn’t mean it can’t happen.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#662 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 5, 2024 10:12 pm

wembambamya wrote:
El Turco wrote:Yet he is behind other candidates in stats or team record, or both. Not happening.

Straight up delusional lmao, really thinks they would sit Lamar if he hadnt lock up the MVP ahaha.

Pretty sure after Cowboys 18th game their fans will try to make a case with Dak's total numbers, "look now he has more passing yards, hE HaS a GrEaT ChAnCe", I reaally hope they put their money where their mouth is, Vegas was built like this lol

Say what? Who thinks that about Lamar?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#663 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 5, 2024 10:13 pm

Mariner wrote:
wembambamya wrote:

Straight up delusional lmao, really thinks they would sit Lamar if he hadnt lock up the MVP ahaha.

Pretty sure after Cowboys 18th game their fans will try to make a case with Dak's total numbers, "look now he has more passing yards, hE HaS a GrEaT ChAnCe", I reaally hope they put their money where their mouth is, Vegas was built like this lol

You actually think the decision of whether to start or rest Jackson had anything to do with the MVP?
This is delusional.

Yea what the hell is he even talking about?
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#664 » by El Turco » Fri Jan 5, 2024 10:26 pm

Mr B wrote:

But I thought betting odds didn’t matter? If they don’t matter who can say Dak is behind them? Who also is the say that he can pass them this week if he has a strong game? What if Purdy has another multi interception game, is Purdy even playing? Just because you don’t believe it doesn’t mean it can’t happen.

You are very confused about what betting odds show, they show players likelihood of winning the award within field of players, not who is a better candidate head to head. Lamar at -20000 of course is a huge indication that this race is signed and sealed, Purdy is not even an option in some books because he is not playing week 17th, but even if he did play there is no indication he could do anything to take over Lamar. And as discussed ad nauseum Purdy's candidacy makes much more sense than Dak's.

I mean sure you can believe in anything I guess, I am just saving you the trouble of disappointment. You know who I think has a good chance of winning the MVP, Craig Krenzel. You'll ask who the hell is Craig Krenzel? doesnt matter only thing matters is I believe in him.

Heck if you really believe Dak has a chance and want to put your money where your mouth is, I'll give you double the Vegas odds :lol:
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
El Turco

Post#665 » by El Turco » Fri Jan 5, 2024 10:28 pm

Mr B wrote:
Mariner wrote:
wembambamya wrote:

You actually think the decision of whether to start or rest Jackson had anything to do with the MVP?
This is delusional.

I would think MVP race would have been a big part of consideration of Lamar playing week 18, if there was a tight race

Mr B
RealGM

Post#666 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 5, 2024 10:31 pm

El Turco wrote:
Mr B wrote:

You are very confused about what betting odds show, they show players likelihood of winning the award within field of players, not who is a better candidate head to head. Lamar at -20000 of course is a huge indication that this race is signed and sealed, Purdy is not even an option in some books because he is not playing week 17th, but even if he did play there is no indication he could do anything to take over Lamar. And as discussed ad nauseum Purdy's candidacy makes much more sense than Dak's.

I mean sure you can believe in anything I guess, I am just saving you the trouble of disappointment. You know who I think has a good chance of winning the MVP, Craig Krenzel. You'll ask who the hell is Craig Krenzel? doesnt matter only thing matters is I believe in him.

Heck if you really believe Dak has a chance and want to put your money where your mouth is, I'll give you double the Vegas odds :lol:

Why would I be upset? I’ve said numerous times that I expect Jackson to win the MVP and that he deserves the MVP. I do also think that Dak has a very good chance to win though. I never once said that I guarantee Dak will win the award. Guess what, both can be true.
wembambamya
Junior
And1: 114

Post#667 » by wembambamya » Fri Jan 5, 2024 10:32 pm

ahahah these Cowboys fans, as if they just started following football lmao

forget the reputational importance, there are so many contractual clauses and money attached to winning the MVP, especially for quarterbacks. If Lamar or Ravens thought playing week 18 would make a difference about his chances, there is no way he sits and forgets about the money.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#668 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 5, 2024 10:34 pm

El Turco wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Mariner wrote:You actually think the decision of whether to start or rest Jackson had anything to do with the MVP?
This is delusional.

I would think MVP race would have been big part of consideration of Lamar playing week 18, if there was a tight race

Baltimore has already said they expect Lamar to sit. They are not concerned with the MVP award. Their playoff position is locked in, there is no need to play Lamar regardless of where he is in the MVP voting.
wembambamya
Junior

Post#669 » by wembambamya » Fri Jan 5, 2024 10:34 pm

Mr B wrote:
El Turco wrote:
Mr B wrote:But I thought betting odds didn’t matter? If they don’t matter who can say Dak is behind them? Who also is the say that he can pass them this week if he has a strong game? What if Purdy has another multi interception game, is Purdy even playing? Just because you don’t believe it doesn’t mean it can’t happen.

Why would I be upset? I’ve said numerous times that I expect Jackson to win the MVP and that he deserves the MVP. I do also think that Dak has a very good chance to win though. I never once said that I guarantee Dak will win the award. Guess what, both can be true.

I guess I am confused about the meaning of very good chance, when someone says very good chance I think like 50-70 percent, not like 1 percent.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#670 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 5, 2024 10:35 pm

wembambamya wrote:ahahah these Cowboys fans, as if they just started following football lmao

forget the reputational importance, there are so many contractual clauses and money attached to winning the MVP, especially for quarterbacks. If Lamar or Ravens thought playing week 18 would make a difference about his chances, there is no way he sits and forgets about the money.

There’s no way you’re older than 12.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#671 » by Mr B » Fri Jan 5, 2024 10:35 pm

wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:
El Turco wrote:

I guess I am confused about the meaning of very good chance, when someone says very good chance I think like 50-70 percent, not like 1 percent.

You don’t know what the word “chance” means?
El Turco

Post#672 » by El Turco » Fri Jan 5, 2024 10:38 pm

Mr B wrote:
El Turco wrote:
Mr B wrote:Yea what the hell is he even talking about?

I would think MVP race would have been big part of consideration of Lamar playing week 18, if there was a tight race

Baltimore has already said they expect Lamar to sit. They are not concerned with the MVP award. Their playoff position is locked in, there is no need to play Lamar regardless of where he is in the MVP voting.

Yes they said it after week 17 when everyone in media anointed him as MVP. They definitely care about the MVP award, pretty much every team campaigns for their MVP candidate. And forget Baltimore, Lamar certainly cares about it, there is a high chance his contract has a bonus for winning the MVP as mentioned above. Wouldnt be surprised if it is above 1mil.

El Turco

Post#673 » by El Turco » Fri Jan 5, 2024 10:40 pm

When someone says very good chance I also think they are probably talking about more likely than not likely, i.e above 50 percent chance. It is all semantics though who cares.

wembambamya
Junior

Post#674 » by wembambamya » Fri Jan 5, 2024 10:42 pm

Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:Why would I be upset? I’ve said numerous times that I expect Jackson to win the MVP and that he deserves the MVP. I do also think that Dak has a very good chance to win though. I never once said that I guarantee Dak will win the award. Guess what, both can be true.

would you say there is a very good chance I'll win the lottery? words used to mean something lol

it doesnt matter though, very good chance Dak never wins a super bowl hahah
El Turco

Post#675 » by El Turco » Fri Jan 5, 2024 10:47 pm

Josh Allen has MVP bonus for example

Allen's been one of the hottest players in the league and has worked his way into the MVP conversation. If Allen does win MVP, he'll get a $1.5 million bonus.

if he wins it, eagles qb should get a cut of it for his efforts :)

Mariner
Senior
And1: 108

Post#676 » by Mariner » Fri Jan 5, 2024 10:49 pm

Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:Why would I be upset? I’ve said numerous times that I expect Jackson to win the MVP and that he deserves the MVP. I do also think that Dak has a very good chance to win though. I never once said that I guarantee Dak will win the award. Guess what, both can be true.

His first correct post though. He admitted he was confused.
El Turco

Post#677 » by El Turco » Fri Jan 5, 2024 11:01 pm

Just move on from this useless discussion, when he said very good chance he meant in the meaning of a chance that is still very low chance in comparison to Lamar. It is clear, everyone can move on.

QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 331

Post#678 » by QB_Eagles » Sat Jan 6, 2024 1:19 am

wembambamya wrote:
QB_Eagles wrote:
El Turco wrote:yeah those are the guys that came up with EPA/dropback

Obviously per dropback favors guys that don't have to carry the whole offense on their backs like Josh Allen has to.

really, how so? I cant quite grasp it even though many guys I respect refer to it a lot.

The Bills' level of offensive talent around the QB is about equal as the Chiefs, including one great player having a bit of a downyear (Kelce/Diggs), but Allen hasn't had quite the tumble as Mahomes.

I haven't watched every Bills game this season, but each one I've watched, Josh Allen played great.

He also happens to be the top QB on PFF.

He's mostly been out of the MVP convo because of team record and turnovers, but IMO he's been playing great and after a 4-game win streak the Bills could still win the division this week. When I began hyping #JoshAllen4MVP I said it would be dependent on the Bills winning the division. But since then he has also had two dubs where he didn't have to do much. (Cowboys was due to run game, Patriots due to defense.) So it's been the opposite as earlier in the season when the Bills were losing despite Allen playing great.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,133

Post#679 » by azcatz11 » Sat Jan 6, 2024 1:50 am

If Lamar wins it will be one of the least deserving MVPs in recent memory. He hasn’t been forced to win any games. My vote is still tyreek hill
wembambamya
Junior

Post#680 » by wembambamya » Sat Jan 6, 2024 4:37 pm

azcatz11 wrote:If Lamar wins it will be one of the least deserving MVPs in recent memory. He hasn’t been forced to win any games. My vote is still tyreek hill

Football gods gave him a very good schedule down the strech and he took advantage. As turk mentioned if they had played Niners first month of the season probably Purdy is odds on to win. Tyreek also slowed down late in the season by injuries.

Return to The General NFL Board