Moderator: bwgood77

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,069

Re: Draft thread 

Post#261 » by Mr B » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:09 pm

wco81 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:So if the value for Kirk Cousins is that high and he’s past his prime what would a 28 year old version of Kirk Cousins command in a trade?

Dak is 30. He'll turn 31 this Summer. His value now is likely at its peak.

Denver gave up two 1st's & two 2nd's for Russ. You'd probably get a similar type of return for Dak if you dealt him this offseason.

That trade will make teams gun shy about making a similar trade.

That depends on how bad the team wants an All Pro QB that’s still in his prime.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,482

Post#262 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:12 pm

wco81 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:So if the value for Kirk Cousins is that high and he’s past his prime what would a 28 year old version of Kirk Cousins command in a trade?

Denver gave up two 1st's & two 2nd's for Russ. You'd probably get a similar type of return for Dak if you dealt him this offseason.

Russ was two years older (33) and coming off one of his worst years when they pulled the trigger. The Hawks could see he was declining & wasn't the same player. It's why they weren't willing to give him an extension & the two sides had a falling out over it.

Dak might have just had his best year. So, Dallas should get similar value. I don't see why they wouldn't.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,336

Post#263 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:21 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
wco81 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Dak is 30. He'll turn 31 this Summer. His value now is likely at its peak.

Russ was two years older (33) and coming off one of his worst years when they pulled the trigger. The Hawks could see he was declining & wasn't the same player. It's why they weren't willing to give him an extension & the two sides had a falling out over it.

Dak arguable just had his best year. So, Dallas should get similar value. I don't see why they wouldn't.

Hopefully the Cowboys won't be too greedy here. Just get something decent is much better than getting nothing if we let him go or he walks after next season. I'm starting to wonder if this was a plan of Jerry's all along now.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,577

Post#264 » by hermes » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:39 pm

maybe they'll trade him to minnesota

and then dak leads a 4th quarter comeback victory against the cowboys at jerryworld in the playoffs before winning a super bowl
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 328

Post#265 » by QB_Eagles » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:42 pm

hermes wrote:maybe they'll trade him to minnesota

and then dak leads a 4th quarter comeback victory against the cowboys at jerryworld in the playoffs before winning a super bowl

Vikings vs Chiefs Super Bowl?

Micah's new team vs bjj's new team.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#266 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:43 pm

It will be more of a re-run of Kurt Cousins when it comes to prime time games, bright lights, good teams and the playoffs. :wink:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#267 » by Mr B » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:54 am

I guarantee you that Dak wins a SB if he goes to another team. I also guarantee that Dak will not win a SB if he stays with the Cowboys.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#268 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:54 am

Mr B wrote:

I guarantee you that Dak wins a SB if he goes to another team. I also guarantee that Dak will not win a SB if he stays with the Cowboys.

:falloff: :falloff: :falloff:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#269 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:36 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

My bad, his 30 not 28. But you’re right, he is at the peak of his value right now. That’s why it would be a good idea to move him this off season (if he’s willing to waive the NTC).

This is the absolute best time to trade Dak if he would waive his no trade clause. Right now his value to whom ever will never get any higher than it is now. I believe his value will go down if we let him play out his contract this upcoming season and then we get nothing in return.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,203

Post#270 » by Mr Swagtastic » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:40 am

Over/under 3 trades on day 1?

Think your going to see The Vikes trying to get into the top 3-5 for Maye/JJ could see The Raiders trying to move up if not they might move back. Heard Philly is trying to get Taliese Fuga as their starting RG. I don't see how unless they are moving their first plus 2nd in this year and maybe a third in 25
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
hermes
RealGM

Post#271 » by hermes » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:31 pm

i bet the vikes don't make a trade - edit: i should i say i bet they don't trade up into the top 5

and so people don't worry about me, i won't be around tonight - i'm actually attending a draft party (real minor, just a couple of vikes fans, a raiders fan and an eagles fan)
hermes
RealGM

Post#272 » by hermes » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:31 pm

over on 3 day 1 trades
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#273 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:34 pm

hermes wrote:i bet the vikes don't make a trade - edit: i should i say i bet they don't trade up into the top 5

and so people don't worry about me, i won't be around tonight - i'm actually attending a draft party (real minor, just a couple of vikes fans, a raiders fan and an eagles fan)

What are you hoping your Vikings do tonight? I don't want Drake Maye to go to Washington or New England.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#274 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:01 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote: I don't want Drake Maye to go to Washington or New England.

I'm hearing he'll be a Patriot.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#275 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:05 pm

Raiders, Vikings, and Broncos can’t all trade up for JJ McCarthy. Only one of them is going to get him. When the other two miss out will they make a call to Jerry to see if Dak will waive his no trade clause?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#276 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:08 pm

Mr B wrote:Raiders, Vikings, and Broncos can’t all trade up for JJ McCarthy. Only one of them is going to get him. When the other two miss out will they make a call to Jerry to see if Dak will waive his no trade clause?

If NE takes Maye (rumor). Minnesota will go with either Penix or Nix. Denver has been linked to Nix.

The Giants have been linked to both Maye & McCarthy.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#277 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:14 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:Raiders, Vikings, and Broncos can’t all trade up for JJ McCarthy. Only one of them is going to get him. When the other two miss out will they make a call to Jerry to see if Dak will waive his no trade clause?

If NE takes Maye (rumor). Minnesota will go with either Penix or Nix. Denver has been linked to Nix.

The Giants have been linked to both Maye & McCarthy.

I've been hearing in my neck of the woods that the Giants have interest in trading up for Drake Maye.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#278 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:31 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote: I don't want Drake Maye to go to Washington or New England.

I'm hearing he'll be a Patriot.

That would be the 2nd worse place outside of Washington that he could go to. They just have no weapons for Maye if he goes there. Bad place for him to go. They have nothing in New England. It's going to be another clown show for the Patriots this season. They will be picking again in the top 3 next year. Patriots will ruin Maye. He needs at least one year to learn and work on a couple things despite his raw talent. He's not ready to start and even if he was, nobody is ready to start for the Patriot. Bad situation for any QB.
To me it doesn't make sense for the Patriots to draft Maye unless the plan is for him to sit a year or two and continue to rebuild a young team. Either way Patriots need picks and I still see them trading down.
hermes
RealGM

Post#279 » by hermes » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:34 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
hermes wrote:i bet the vikes don't make a trade - edit: i should i say i bet they don't trade up into the top 5

What are you hoping your Vikings do tonight? I don't want Drake Maye to go to Washington or New England.

draft a good player at a position of need
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#280 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:35 pm

hermes wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

draft a good player at a position of need

What are your team needs? :dontknow: :wink:

Return to The General NFL Board