Draft thread

Moderator: bwgood77

last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Re: Draft thread 

Post#641 » by last stand » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:29 pm

Mariner wrote:Jets duped the Vikings in swapping picks. Very similar to what the bears did to the eagles last year.
Jets didn’t want to trade back and lose their guy but bluffed the Vikings in giving up capital when they could have just stayed put.

lol and you know the broncos weren’t having trade conversations with the jets? They needed a QB, would’ve been just as safe for the jets to move back with

Jets, Vikings, broncos

What an outlandish statement without knowing what actually happened behind closed doors
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,160

Post#642 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:33 pm

Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mariner wrote:We get it. You hate everything about the team.
No sense in repeating yourself. You are Groot!
Unlesss you have something different to contribute…

Your nuts. Most grade drafters had Guyton rated at or around 62. He's only played 14 games the past 2 seasons. Its risky and a reach. Cowboys made a mistake not taking Barton and you know it. Your damn right I hate everything about this team. Only a fool would approve.

No no and no.
Most mocks had the cowboys taking him.
The cowboys can be laughed at for many things but drafting is not one of them. Especially when taking Oline in the first round. Weren’t the last 4 all pros?
Now go on with your old man hate about Jerry and get off topic again.

BJJ's hatred of this pick lets me know we absolutely made the right pick.
last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Post#643 » by last stand » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:33 pm

Mariner wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
Mariner wrote:Jets duped the Vikings in swapping picks. Very similar to what the bears did to the eagles last year.
Jets didn’t want to trade back and lose their guy but bluffed the Vikings in giving up capital when they could have just stayed put.

Maybe, but the Broncos were one pick behind the Vikings and the Vikings weren't going to draft an OL. It wouldn't have cost the Jets their guy to trade down two spots.

Ya but if you use the same logic the Vikings could have traded that pick to someone else to screw the jets.
It’s not a big deal but I always find it amusing when teams flip picks that are consecutive.
We aren’t drafting your guy but could trade the pick to someone who is so give us a little compensation is becoming an old trick.
The truth is that if Denver made a good offer they would have taken it and the Vikings compensation wouldn’t have blocked anything.

lol you don’t have any idea what any of those conversations were though.

I’ll say the Vikings and eagles are both very happy with their moves
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,336

Post#644 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:40 pm

Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Your nuts. Most grade drafters had Guyton rated at or around 62. He's only played 14 games the past 2 seasons. Its risky and a reach. Cowboys made a mistake not taking Barton and you know it. Your damn right I hate everything about this team. Only a fool would approve.

No no and no.
The cowboys can be laughed at for many things but drafting is not one of them. Especially when taking Oline in the first round. Weren’t the last 4 all pros?

Fox was many of the draft raters that had Guyton rated at 62. 62. Oh yeah, cowboys have never screwed up drafting. :rofl: Now go on and suck on Jerry's balls for the next decade or so and see where that gets you. :crazy:
Over all they are saying he is a work in progress in several areas and a steep learning curb should be expected. He only has 15 sacks and his lack of experience is evident. One of his weaknesses is his noticeable inconsistency with leverage and technique in the run game. We should have stayed and drafted Barton. Jerry gambled and moved down thinking Barton would still be there but got caught with his pants down on this one.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#645 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:44 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Cowboys have been a complete joke since they lost to Packers last January. Tough, miserable and embarrassing times ahead. No light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to this team. Jerry has turned this franchise and team into a laughing stalk. All the Cowboy haters will have fun this year watching McCarthy and Dak come to the Cowboy's rescue this year. Doomsday for the wrong reason.

just STFU

Screw you Micah. You STFU. Your way of thinking and your boy Dak has had us in football armageddon going on 9 years now and along with Jerry is the fu..ing reason why we are in this current mess to begin with.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Post#646 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:37 pm

Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

No no and no.

Yea most mocks I saw had the Cowboys taking either Guyton or Jordan Morgan.

The Cowboys have also been telling everyone who they plan to take in round 2. By the point everyone knows the Cowboys team doctor did the surgery on Jonathan Brooks’ knee, and how enamored Jerry was with Brooks in his interview with the team. I like the player but why tell everyone? Unless it’s a smokescreen.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#647 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:42 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Your nuts. Most grade drafters had Guyton rated at or around 62. He's only played 14 games the past 2 seasons. Its risky and a reach. Cowboys made a mistake not taking Barton and you know it. Your damn right I hate everything about this team. Only a fool would approve.

No no and no.

He said similar things about the Tyler Smith pick too. All I know is this team has a great track record for drafting and grooming offensive linemen. I wanted Barton too but getting that extra 3rd is going to be huge. If Zach Frazier is still in the board that could be him or it could go to the defense. The 3rd round wouldn’t be a bad spot to draft T’Vondre Sweat.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#648 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:47 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Your nuts. Most grade drafters had Guyton rated at or around 62. He's only played 14 games the past 2 seasons. Its risky and a reach. Cowboys made a mistake not taking Barton and you know it. Your damn right I hate everything about this team. Only a fool would approve.

No no and no.

Fox was many of the draft raters that had Guyton rated at 62. 62. Oh yeah, cowboys have never screwed up drafting. :rofl: Now go on and suck on Jerry's balls for the next decade or so and see where that gets you. :crazy:
Over all they are saying he is a work in progress in several areas and a steep learning curb should be expected. He only has 15 sacks and his lack of experience is evident. One of his weaknesses is his noticeable inconsistency with leverage and technique in the run game. We should have stayed and drafted Barton. Jerry gambled and moved down thinking Barton would still be there but got caught with his pants down on this one.

I don’t think that’s true. I think Barton was 1 of a handfuls of guys they were considering drafting. They would have been cool with any one of them, and Guyton ended up being the guy. I will never complain about them taking an OL.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#649 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:52 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mariner wrote:No no and no.

I don’t think that’s true. I think Barton was 1 of a handfuls of guys they were considering drafting. They would have been cool with any one of them, and Guyton ended up being the guy. I will never complain about them taking an OL.

Apparently they are cool with everything. Dak as QB, McCarthy as coach, Jerry the GM and all this wonderful culture and leadership. Yeah its all cool.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,485

Post#650 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:19 pm

Mariner wrote:Cowboys got their guy and even picked up a valuable pick. Very happy with that.
Interesting that they didn’t value Barton. But I guess LT has more position value.

Guyton is a 2nd round talent. I'm lower on him.

If they didn't have a 1st round grade on Barton, then it makes total sense. But I still think there we're more talented guys still on the board for them that they passed over. They reached a bit for a need imo.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#651 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:30 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mariner wrote:Cowboys got their guy and even picked up a valuable pick. Very happy with that.
Interesting that they didn’t value Barton. But I guess LT has more position value.

If they didn't have a 1st round grade on Barton, then it makes total sense. But I still think there we're more talented guys still on the board for them that they passed over. They reached a bit for a need imo.

Thank you. It takes an outsider to see the real picture here.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,160

Post#652 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:31 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

Mazi didn't come with a 3rd and we got him at 29 which is just 3 picks from the 2nd round.

Also I trust Dallas' line scouting more than yours. Lineman are very difficult for "fans" to grade. So are CBs. They aren't focused on much in game and when they do their job perfectly you basically never hear about them.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#653 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:33 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

There are questions about his character & whether he loves Football? Sound familiar? :wink:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#654 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:35 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Mazi didn't come with a 3rd and we got him at 29 which is just 3 picks from the 2nd round.

Also I trust Dallas' line scouting more than yours. Lineman are very difficult for "fans" to grade. So are CBs. They aren't focused on much in game and when they do their job perfectly you basically never hear about them.

They got good value in the trade. I just would've taken someone different at that spot is all.

Scouting OL is actually fairly easy to assess. :wink:

Guyton has some things to work on. He can improve but I think he's fairly limited in some aspects.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#655 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:40 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Guyton is a 2nd round talent. I'm lower on him.

There are questions about his character & whether he loves Football? Sound familiar? :wink:

Scouting reports also say he is slow to reading pursuit angles, doesn't have all that high of a motor and doesn't have much of a nasty demeanor in finishing blocks, especially in the run game. He is also a bit injury prone. He has missed 2 games in each of his last two seasons. I find this pick not only risky, but a reach. All I can say at this point is good luck.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#656 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:47 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mariner wrote:

No no and no.

Seriously. How did you get through and graduate from High School?
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 328

Post#657 » by QB_Eagles » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:57 pm

Mariner wrote:Cowboys got their guy

They always say that they got the guy they wanted.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#658 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:10 pm

Day one winners & losers? Who ya got??
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#659 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:11 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Day one winners & losers? Who ya got??

For one, the Atlanta pick is still a real head scratcher for me.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#660 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:14 pm

Winners: Bears, Vikings, Eagles, Colts

Losers: SF

Return to The General NFL Board