Draft thread

Moderator: bwgood77

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,053

Re: Draft thread 

Post#201 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:02 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:You state "good" tackles, not elite like the experts view him from film studies. I assume you are just a coach potato poster like most of us that NEVER studied nor played the game before. Besides, I trust the experts over coach potato who doesn't value meatheads over receivers anyways. Joe Alt is a generational talent to those who played the game with a motor that just don't quit like most here do. Harbaugh understands this more than any coach potato can my friend. I know Alt is not a mauler against big strong edge rushers he face regularly, like how many in this draft class can, but he can pancake those defensive backs in the open like a mack truck.

https://youtu.be/S6NpEBEuU4E?si=PYBLIwifeqQgCQPJ

Alt is a good tackle prospect. He's not necessarily the "generational talent" that gets thrown around. But he is the #1 Tackle prospect in this class. But there are some red flags in his play.

I've watched film on a lot of the Tackles. While I think Alt is a safe pick. I would not be shocked if we look back & some of these other guys turn out to be better players. That's my sense.

How do you think Alt will be as a RT?
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,267

Post#202 » by wco81 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:33 am

Didn't Michigan have a dominant OL and power running game?

So McCarthy had time to throw some dimes.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,476

Post#203 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:11 am

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Alt is a good tackle prospect. He's not necessarily the "generational talent" that gets thrown around. But he is the #1 Tackle prospect in this class. But there are some red flags in his play.

I've watched film on a lot of the Tackles. While I think Alt is a safe pick. I would not be shocked if we look back & some of these other guys turn out to be better players. That's my sense.

You draft him as a LT. I'm less comfortable with the idea of drafting a guy & moving him. Unless he has extensive starting experience on the other side.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,335

Post#204 » by DOT » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:20 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
hermes wrote:isn't the knock on penix that from the waist down he's made of glass?

You have to build a wall around him.

The knee is a concern. But he has a thin frame. So, his durability will always be in question. Even when he was healthy, it looked like he was playing hurt at times this past season. There was a rumor that he had a rib injury & played through it. Ultimately, I just don't think his body can withstand a ton of punishment.

I think Nix has more potential, like yeah Penix has a cannon for an arm and Nix doesn't, but Nix has that ability to make plays out of structure which the top QBs today all can that Penix really can't

Of course he's not great at it, if he were he'd be Caleb, but I have him ranked higher than Penix based on potential even not including the future injury concerns.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Mr B
RealGM

Post#205 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:31 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Alt is a good tackle prospect. He's not necessarily the "generational talent" that gets thrown around. But he is the #1 Tackle prospect in this class. But there are some red flags in his play.

You draft him as a LT. I'm less comfortable with the idea of drafting a guy & moving him. Unless he has extensive starting experience on the other side.

Well they already have a young stud LT in Rashawn Slater. Do they move him inside even though he’s shown he can be dominant at LT? Do you move Slater to Guard?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#206 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:36 pm

What do you guys think about Zach Frazier? I’ve been on record as saying I would love for the Cowboys to get Jackson Powers-Johnson however Zach Frazier is just as good as JPJ in some areas. 24 might be too high to draft him but I’m not sure he makes it to pick 56.

https://youtu.be/fcRLaOUn0Qo?si=uKPMZt4OjfHOnv_R
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#207 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:11 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:How do you think Alt will be as a RT?

Well they already have a young stud LT in Rashawn Slater. Do they move him inside even though he’s shown he can be dominant at LT? Do you move Slater to Guard?

This is why I think the logical move is trading out. The rumor is that they like Latham.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#208 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:53 pm

Matt Miller seems to have fairly reliable sources. He was told that Witherspoon would likely be the pick for Seattle.

Will Anderson & Witherspoon we're their top two targets last year.

Byron Murphy is the name to watch for with them this year.

What we're hearing about the Seahawks' draft: The hiring of Mike MacDonald as coach shifted how we view the Seahawks' needs, but one constant has been at defensive tackle. The Seahawks re-signed Leonard Williams in free agency, but sources with the team reiterated to me this week that No. 16 is the floor for Texas defensive tackle Byron Murphy II. Murphy's first-step quickness and power are ideal in the 3-technique position and would boost the interior pass-rush skills of this defense. -- Miller
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,334

Post#209 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:00 pm

Mr B wrote:What do you guys think about Zach Frazier? I’ve been on record as saying I would love for the Cowboys to get Jackson Powers-Johnson however Zach Frazier is just as good as JPJ in some areas. 24 might be too high to draft him but I’m not sure he makes it to pick 56.

After finishing up on O-lineman this past week, my pick for us would be Graham Barton if he falls a little way to us. :clap:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#210 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:12 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:What do you guys think about Zach Frazier? I’ve been on record as saying I would love for the Cowboys to get Jackson Powers-Johnson however Zach Frazier is just as good as JPJ in some areas. 24 might be too high to draft him but I’m not sure he makes it to pick 56.

After finishing up on O-lineman this past week, my pick for us would be Graham Barton if he falls a little way to us. :clap:

I'd love to hear what you think about the OL prospects. :wink:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#211 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:18 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I'd love to hear what you think about the OL prospects. :wink:

The top 7 are all pretty damn good. First thing I need to get out of the way, imho Marvin Harrison Jr. is the best player in the draft. Regards to OL, I agree with Mr. b on the Jackson Powers-Johnson pick. I also like the Mimms kid out of Georgia.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#212 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:07 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Barton would be a good pick because he can really play any position on the OL although his best position might be Center. There is a very good chance he’s there at 24. I would keep an eye on the Eagles and Dolphins though. If the Steelers take JPJ then I’m not sure Barton makes it past the Dolphins or Eagles. Both teams could be looking to solidify their OL and Barton’s versatility could lead him to getting drafted by either team.

I would not be shocked if the Cowboys reach for Zach Frazier in round 1 the same way they reached for Travis Fredrick in 2013.
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect
And1: 217

Post#213 » by WentzerWuver » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:22 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Barton would be a good pick because he can really play any position on the OL although his best position might be Center. There is a very good chance he’s there at 24. I would keep an eye on the Eagles and Dolphins though. If the Steelers take JPJ then I’m not sure Barton makes it past the Dolphins or Eagles. Both teams could be looking to solidify their OL and Barton’s versatility could lead him to getting drafted by either team.

I would not be shocked if the Cowboys reach for Zach Frazier in round 1 the same way they reached for Travis Fredrick in 2013.

The Eagles would take him if he falls to us at 50 to replace Kelce cause I rather keep Jurgens at guard than a move to center. Steelers would reach for him too base on fit and a take charge leader type athlete.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/nfl/steelers-might-have-to-be-aggressive-to-land-zach-frazier/ar-BB1luBC3
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#214 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:00 pm

Greg Cosell is one of the better analysts when it comes to scouting.

Mr B
RealGM

Post#215 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:03 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:After finishing up on O-lineman this past week, my pick for us would be Graham Barton if he falls a little way to us. :clap:

The Eagles would take him if he falls to us at 50 to replace Kelce cause I rather keep Jurgens at guard than a move to center. Steelers would reach for him too base on fit and a take charge leader type athlete.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/nfl/steelers-might-have-to-be-aggressive-to-land-zach-frazier/ar-BB1luBC3

I don’t see Barton falling to pick 50. He’s too versatile and too many teams picking before 50 would love to have Barton.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#216 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:09 pm

Mr B wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
Mr B wrote:Barton would be a good pick because he can really play any position on the OL although his best position might be Center. There is a very good chance he’s there at 24. I would keep an eye on the Eagles and Dolphins though. If the Steelers take JPJ then I’m not sure Barton makes it past the Dolphins or Eagles. Both teams could be looking to solidify their OL and Barton’s versatility could lead him to getting drafted by either team.

I don’t see Barton falling to pick 50. He’s too versatile and too many teams picking before 50 would love to have Barton.

Barton is lock to go in Round 1.
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect
And1: 217

Post#217 » by WentzerWuver » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:32 pm

Mr B wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
Mr B wrote:Barton would be a good pick because he can really play any position on the OL although his best position might be Center. There is a very good chance he’s there at 24. I would keep an eye on the Eagles and Dolphins though. If the Steelers take JPJ then I’m not sure Barton makes it past the Dolphins or Eagles. Both teams could be looking to solidify their OL and Barton’s versatility could lead him to getting drafted by either team.

Agreed but I was referring to Frazier if you had bother to check out my attached link.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#218 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:34 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:

Most mock drafts I've seen have him going between 16 and 24.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#219 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:35 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:

Yea that’s what I’m thinking too. If he’s still n the board at 24 I would be one of shocked if Dallas doesn’t draft him. If Barton is gone, again I would not be shocked if Dallas drafted Zach Frazier.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#220 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:37 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
Mr B wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:

Agreed but I was referring to Frazier if you had bother to check out my attached link.

My bad, Frazier might be there at 50 although if JPJ and Barton are off the board by pick 24 I would not be surprised if the Cowboys reach and draft Frazier there. They did the same thing with Travis Fredrick in 2013.

Return to The General NFL Board