DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,327

Re: Draft thread 

Post#181 » by DOT » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:04 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:I would trade back with a QB desperate team like Minnesota. Grab one of the other Tackles at that spot & load up on picks. It just makes too much sense. This draft is loaded with quality Tackles.

I don't know anything about his background or personality. But Nabers is the most talented receiver in this class on film.

Odunze is a stud.

Lol you have it backwards unless you are attempting a corny joke of irony. This class is loaded with quality wideouts but there are only 2 quality OT. The rest are a few tiers below unless you are trying to funny? Look at my link on tackles again. Only Alt and Fashanu are elites to dominate the run game on every down, pancakes after pancakes. That's the Harbaugh way!!!

No, there are several good Tackle prospects in this draft. Fuaga, Fautanu, Latham, Mims, etc.

I'm lower on Fashanu than the consensus. But there are as many as 5 or 6 other Tackles that will go in the 1st round. It's a very strong OT class. Latham & Mims have the highest ceilings among them imo. Trading back & taking one at pick 11 would be very good value.

Also, the biggest issue with Olu is that he doesn't dominate the run game. People comp him to Laremy Tunsil in that he'll step onto the field day 1 and be a top end pass protector with great movement skills, but lacks the aggression to bulldoze people in the run game

Alt is that guy, but saying Olu will have "pancakes after pancakes" is just not accurate at all. Fuaga is probably the most dominant in the run game though, but lacks in pass pro

This guy's really high on the OT class:

BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,474

Post#182 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:27 pm

DOT wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
Lol you have it backwards unless you are attempting a corny joke of irony. This class is loaded with quality wideouts but there are only 2 quality OT. The rest are a few tiers below unless you are trying to funny? Look at my link on tackles again. Only Alt and Fashanu are elites to dominate the run game on every down, pancakes after pancakes. That's the Harbaugh way!!!

No, there are several good Tackle prospects in this draft. Fuaga, Fautanu, Latham, Mims, etc.

I'm lower on Fashanu than the consensus. But there are as many as 5 or 6 other Tackles that will go in the 1st round. It's a very strong OT class. Latham & Mims have the highest ceilings among them imo. Trading back & taking one at pick 11 would be very good value.

Also, the biggest issue with Olu is that he doesn't dominate the run game. People comp him to Laremy Tunsil in that he'll step onto the field day 1 and be a top end pass protector with great movement skills, but lacks the aggression to bulldoze people in the run game

Alt is that guy, but saying Olu will have "pancakes after pancakes" is just not accurate at all. Fuaga is probably the most dominant in the run game though, but lacks in pass pro

Yeah, I like those four names I mentioned more than Fashanu. He's better in pass pro then as a run blocker for sure.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,719

Post#183 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:56 pm

After watching way too many different QB "gurus" breaking down tape. This is my wish list for Minny.

1. Trade up to get Maye
2. Stay put and draft Penix
3. Trade up to get JJ (I prefer JJ over Penix straight up, but would rather not waste draft picks and just stay home and take Penix)
4. Murphy at 11 and hopefully a guy like DeJean slips to 23 (just an all defense 1st round)
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#184 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:21 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:After watching way too many different QB "gurus" breaking down tape. This is my wish list for Minny.

1. Trade up to get Maye
3. Trade up to get JJ (I prefer JJ over Penix straight up, but would rather not waste draft picks and just stay home and take Penix)
4. Murphy at 11 and hopefully a guy like DeJean slips to 23 (just an all defense 1st round)

Get ready to learn Bo Nix, buddy!! :wink:
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#185 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:24 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:After watching way too many different QB "gurus" breaking down tape. This is my wish list for Minny.

1. Trade up to get Maye

WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect
And1: 215

Post#186 » by WentzerWuver » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:06 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:I would trade back with a QB desperate team like Minnesota. Grab one of the other Tackles at that spot & load up on picks. It just makes too much sense. This draft is loaded with quality Tackles.

I don't know anything about his background or personality. But Nabers is the most talented receiver in this class on film.

Odunze is a stud.

You state "good" tackles, not elite like the experts view him from film studies. I assume you are just a coach potato poster like most of us that NEVER studied nor played the game before. Besides, I trust the experts over coach potato who doesn't value meatheads over receivers anyways. Joe Alt is a generational talent to those who played the game with a motor that just don't quit like most here do. Harbaugh understands this more than any coach potato can my friend. I know Alt is not a mauler against big strong edge rushers he face regularly, like how many in this draft class can, but he can pancake those defensive backs in the open like a mack truck.

https://youtu.be/S6NpEBEuU4E?si=PYBLIwifeqQgCQPJ
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#187 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:08 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

1. Trade up to get Maye

Bo is getting slept on! I actually like him a lot.

Would I spend a high pick on him? No. But I view him more as a late 1st/2nd Round prospect.

I view McCarthy in a similar manner. Even though he's going to go much earlier than that & be over drafted. But I like both. Just not enough to move up for. But QB's always get pushed up the board because of need.
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#188 » by WentzerWuver » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:10 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
DOT wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:No, there are several good Tackle prospects in this draft. Fuaga, Fautanu, Latham, Mims, etc.

Yeah, I like those four names I mentioned more than Fashanu. He's better in pass pro then as a run blocker for sure.
Agreed but he is still a "very good" run blocker who can pancake the secondary with ease.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#189 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:21 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:You state "good" tackles, not elite like the experts view him from film studies. I assume you are just a coach potato poster like most of us that NEVER studied nor played the game before. Besides, I trust the experts over coach potato who doesn't value meatheads over receivers anyways. Joe Alt is a generational talent to those who played the game with a motor that just don't quit like most here do. Harbaugh understands this more than any coach potato can my friend. I know Alt is not a mauler against big strong edge rushers he face regularly, like how many in this draft class can, but he can pancake those defensive backs in the open like a mack truck.

Alt is a good tackle prospect. He's not necessarily the "generational talent" that gets thrown around. But he is the #1 Tackle prospect in this class. But there are some red flags in his play.

I've watched film on a lot of the Tackles. While I think Alt is a safe pick. I would not be shocked if we look back & some of these other guys turn out to be better players. That's my sense.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,330

Post#190 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:25 pm

1. Trade up to get Maye

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#191 » by WentzerWuver » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:36 pm

1. Trade up to get Maye
What's makes you think JJ would not drop to them at 11? I can picture this happening regardless of all the hype on JJ, no thanks to Harbaugh. I remember the 49ers initially traded up to take Mac Jones cause they thought Belichick would trade up to get him when they just stood pat at 15 as he fell to thei4 laps. And I be honest here, I rank Mac as a QB higher than JJ in this draft cause he was clutch in big-time situations over JJ who does one read and run option since he doesn't go thru his progressions let can develop any ability to read defenses. I would take Penix Jr. all day, so PLEASE explain to me what you liked most about JJ over those other two other than his hot boyish looks along with the hype that excite the coach potato fans in us.

https://youtu.be/_0_7H3S8H_Q?si=Qnm5vG7OR8nehdtw

https://youtube.com/shorts/yIKCIGUHAtU?si=rnnZjLP8pUxTtOBz

I mentioned earlier on another thread that there will he another Trey bust in the NFL but the question is who. JJ is most likely that guy cause he greatest strength was handing the ball to Corum and then help blocks for him from watching Wolverines games. So is that what NFL teams going to used him for or Minny for you since he is so raw as a passer for less than 2 seasons as a run heavy starter for Harbaugh?!?

https://youtube.com/shorts/sGy0SfosaQU?si=AqBn7hqHwmCee7yt

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/colin-cowherd-compares-jj-mccarthy-to-famous-nfl-draft-bust/ar-BB1ilmxO
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#192 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:11 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:You state "good" tackles, not elite like the experts view him from film studies. I assume you are just a coach potato poster like most of us that NEVER studied nor played the game before. Besides, I trust the experts over coach potato who doesn't value meatheads over receivers anyways. Joe Alt is a generational talent to those who played the game with a motor that just don't quit like most here do. Harbaugh understands this more than any coach potato can my friend. I know Alt is not a mauler against big strong edge rushers he face regularly, like how many in this draft class can, but he can pancake those defensive backs in the open like a mack truck.

Alt is a good tackle prospect. He's not necessarily the "generational talent" that gets thrown around. But he is the #1 Tackle prospect in this class. But there are some red flags in his play.

I've watched film on a lot of the Tackles. While I think Alt is a safe pick. I would not be shocked if we look back & some of these other guys turn out to be better players. That's my sense.

Out of all those top O-lineman that will go in the first round, who has the highest motor with an attached mean streak?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#193 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:20 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Alt is a good tackle prospect. He's not necessarily the "generational talent" that gets thrown around. But he is the #1 Tackle prospect in this class. But there are some red flags in his play.

Out of all those top O-lineman that will go in the first round has the highest motor with an attached mean streak?

Graham Barton (C/G) is probably that guy. He plays with a mean streak.

Taliese Fuaga is a mauler in the run game. Both he & Fautanu (Polynesians) would fit into that mold. Fautanu is a very good hand fighter. He's physical & yet quick on feet. Best of both.

You would like all three.

Joe Alt plays more of a finesse style.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#194 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:28 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Alt is a good tackle prospect. He's not necessarily the "generational talent" that gets thrown around. But he is the #1 Tackle prospect in this class. But there are some red flags in his play.

Out of all those top O-lineman that will go in the first round has the highest motor with an attached mean streak?

:cuddle :kiss Graham Barton (C/G) is probably that guy. He plays with a mean streak.

Taliese Fuaga is a mauler in the run game. Both he & Fautanu (Polynesians) would fit into that mold. Fautanu is a very good hand fighter. He's physical & yet quick on feet. Best of both.

You would like all three.

Joe Alt plays more of a finesse style.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,502

Post#195 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:18 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Get ready to learn Bo Nix, buddy!! :wink:

Would I spend a high pick on him? No. But I view him more as a late 1st/2nd Round prospect.

I view McCarthy in a similar manner. Even though he's going to go much earlier than that & be over drafted. But I like both. Just not enough to move up for. But QB's always get pushed up the board because of need.

Penix may have more upside but I think Nix is a very smart QB with precision passing and could be very good. His #s and rating were better than Penix..

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#196 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:38 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Penix may have more upside but I think Nix is a very smart QB with precision passing and could be very good. His #s and rating were better than Penix..

Nix is a perfect fit in a rhythm & precision offense. He would fit so well with Sean Payton. He has a higher floor than some of these prospects.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#197 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:24 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Bo is getting slept on! I actually like him a lot.

Nix is a perfect fit in a rhythm & precision offense. He would fit so well with Sean Payton. He has a higher floor than some of these prospects.

Ya to be clear Im not a Nix hater. I think its Joe Klatt who has also been really pushing the Nix/Payton fit.

I'd just be disappointed with all the hype of trading to get that 2nd 1st round pick for amo to get one of the top 3-4 guys, to end up with Nix.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#198 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:

1. Trade up to get Maye
What's makes you think JJ would not drop to them at 11? I can picture this happening regardless of all the hype on JJ, no thanks to Harbaugh. I remember the 49ers initially traded up to take Mac Jones cause they thought Belichick would trade up to get him when they just stood pat at 15 as he fell to thei4 laps. And I be honest here, I rank Mac as a QB higher than JJ in this draft cause he was clutch in big-time situations over JJ who does one read and run option since he doesn't go thru his progressions let can develop any ability to read defenses. I would take Penix Jr. all day, so PLEASE explain to me what you liked most about JJ over those other two other than his hot boyish looks along with the hype that excite the coach potato fans in us.

https://youtu.be/_0_7H3S8H_Q?si=Qnm5vG7OR8nehdtw

https://youtube.com/shorts/yIKCIGUHAtU?si=rnnZjLP8pUxTtOBz

I mentioned earlier on another thread that there will he another Trey bust in the NFL but the question is who. JJ is most likely that guy cause he greatest strength was handing the ball to Corum and then help blocks for him from watching Wolverines games. So is that what NFL teams going to used him for or Minny for you since he is so raw as a passer for less than 2 seasons as a run heavy starter for Harbaugh?!?

https://youtube.com/shorts/sGy0SfosaQU?si=AqBn7hqHwmCee7yt

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/colin-cowherd-compares-jj-mccarthy-to-famous-nfl-draft-bust/ar-BB1ilmxO

He could slip to 11, and if he does Id be more than happy for the Vikes to take him there. He can also be the guy that slips (we see that in some drafts). But at the moment it seems like its almost a consensus in the thought that Caleb/Jayden/Maye/JJ are going to all be gone by 11.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,571

Post#199 » by hermes » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:38 pm

isn't the knock on penix that from the waist down he's made of glass?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#200 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:58 pm

hermes wrote:isn't the knock on penix that from the waist down he's made of glass?

You have to build a wall around him.

The knee is a concern. But he has a thin frame. So, his durability will always be in question. Even when he was healthy, it looked like he was playing hurt at times this past season. There was a rumor that he had a rib injury & played through it. Ultimately, I just don't think his body can withstand a ton of punishment.

Return to The General NFL Board