Draft thread

Moderator: bwgood77

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,444

Re: Draft thread 

Post#621 » by DOT » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:20 am

If Cooper, or Johnny Newton somehow make it to us at 49, I will consider this an A+ draft

Both of those were guys I had my eye on at 17, with the idea of taking a WR in the 2nd, so if we can get one of them as well as BTJ (who's legit a tier above whatever WR was gonna be there at 49), as well as trading back to acquire more picks, I will give Baalke some credit.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Jaydubb
Rookie
And1: 353

Post#622 » by Jaydubb » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:29 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Mitchell looks bummed he got drafted by the Egals. I know I would be. I'd retire or go back to college.

He looks like he hates it already

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=X4mGciWoUMZElbjz_UjkcA
Jaydubb
Rookie

Draft thread 

Post#623 » by Jaydubb » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:30 am

last stand wrote:I’ll take a Quinyon Mitchell

Good stuff

Honestly, probably the best pick for the defense. Dude is a great off man zone corner which is exactly what he’s gonna play with the eagles. And now he’s motivated by dropping in the draft too.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,295

Post#624 » by wco81 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:14 pm

Penix pick was dumb.

Falcons paid Cousins big money though they can part ways in 2 years.

But PenIx is 24 so he will be 26 when he starts? And his rookie contract will Be Half over.

Falcons had other needs, could have gotten a top 10 impact player at #8.

Jordan Love worked out for the Packers because he was picked in the 20s and Love was younger when drafted. Even in his case they burned 3 years of his rookie contract.

Falcons GM messed up. They must think they’re closer to contending.
Mariner
Senior
And1: 108

Post#625 » by Mariner » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:29 pm

Jets duped the Vikings in swapping picks. Very similar to what the bears did to the eagles last year.
Jets didn’t want to trade back and lose their guy but bluffed the Vikings in giving up capital when they could have just stayed put.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,444

Post#626 » by DOT » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:31 pm

lol the pff guys were whining about how BTJ is redundant with Gabe Davis

And yeah, I get it, but at the same time, he's kind of a more athletic version of Davis

But they were also saying that BTJ wouldn't fit because Davis, Kirk, and Engram were all vertical receivers so no one would work underneath and like, I get people don't watch the Jags but that's just entirely not true. Kirk had an aDOT of 9.9 last year, which was 79th among pass catchers, and Engram was at 5.0, 156th. Engram was exclusively an underneath threat last year and he excelled at it, and Kirk was even at 9.1 aDOT the year before when he was great

The only guys with an aDOT over 10 for us last year were Ridley, Agnew, and Zay Jones (who led the team in aDOT with 13.6)

I would have preferred a more complete receiver sure, but I think BTJ fits well with what we're trying to do. If you look at what we had Ridley doing with his routes, where over half were just straight go routes or hitch routes, it's like a 1:1 with what BTJ did in college, and he's bigger and potentially faster than Ridley (plus is paid significantly less). So if I had to guess, I don't think they thought Davis would replace Ridley, I think that's what they got BTJ for, they got Davis to replicate what Zay did 2 years ago, where he was a deep threat with just okay speed, more of an opportunist rather than the guy we're gonna draw up plays for

The only thing that's noticeably missing is a 50/50 guy, someone for Trevor to just lob the ball up to, like our receiving room isn't short (Kirk is the only starter under 6'2), but we don't have that big body like he had at Clemson with Tee Higgins, which is why I was thinking Keon Coleman in the 2nd until we took BTJ in the 1st

But I do think we have a good group of receivers, I'm just not confident in Press to fully utilize them to their strengths.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Mariner
Senior

Post#627 » by Mariner » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:32 pm

Cowboys got their guy and even picked up a valuable pick. Very happy with that.
Interesting that they didn’t value Barton. But I guess LT has more position value.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,544

Post#628 » by Worm Guts » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:32 pm

Mariner wrote:Jets duped the Vikings in swapping picks. Very similar to what the bears did to the eagles last year.
Jets didn’t want to trade back and lose their guy but bluffed the Vikings in giving up capital when they could have just stayed put.

Maybe, but the Broncos were one pick behind the Vikings and the Vikings weren't going to draft an OL. It wouldn't have cost the Jets their guy to trade down two spots.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,160

Post#629 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:03 pm

Mariner wrote:Cowboys got their guy and even picked up a valuable pick. Very happy with that.
Interesting that they didn’t value Barton. But I guess LT has more position value.

I think they played it perfectly
Mariner
Senior

Post#630 » by Mariner » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:09 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Mariner wrote:Jets duped the Vikings in swapping picks. Very similar to what the bears did to the eagles last year.

Maybe, but the Broncos were one pick behind the Vikings and the Vikings weren't going to draft an OL. It wouldn't have cost the Jets their guy to trade down two spots.

Ya but if you use the same logic the Vikings could have traded that pick to someone else to screw the jets.
It’s not a big deal but I always find it amusing when teams flip picks that are consecutive.
We aren’t drafting your guy but could trade the pick to someone who is so give us a little compensation is becoming an old trick.
The truth is that if Denver made a good offer they would have taken it and the Vikings compensation wouldn’t have blocked anything.
Jaydubb
Rookie

Draft thread 

Post#631 » by Jaydubb » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:13 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mariner wrote:Cowboys got their guy and even picked up a valuable pick. Very happy with that.

They got really good value in that trade too. Moving from 24 to 29 is like a 4th but they got a 3rd. Also I think guyton has good potential. The eagles liked him as a potential lane Johnson replacement. He’s been working out with lane Johnson as kinda like a mentor for him
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,336

Post#632 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:22 pm

Cowboys have been a complete joke since they lost to Packers last January. Tough, miserable and embarrassing times ahead. No light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to this team. Jerry has turned this franchise and team into a laughing stalk. All the Cowboy haters will have fun this year watching McCarthy and Dak come to the Cowboy's rescue this year. Doomsday for the wrong reason.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#633 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:30 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:That pick sucks donkey balls.

I disagree. First he plays a position of need and the pick wasn’t a reach. Once the Cowboys OL coaches get ahold of him he’ll be fine. Also they might still get JPJ in the 2nd. If Jonathan Brooks is off the board and JPJ is there I could see them drafting him.

The picked sucked. This coach sucks, this QB sucks, this team sucks, Jerry and the front office sucks, the culture sucks. Everything about this team sucks. I'm out this year after being a fan of 54 years. Dumb Dak is back, suckie Mike McCarthy is back, Jerry is still full of s..t and Cowboy Nation will still buy it. F this crap. Enjoy Cowboy fans.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,544

Post#634 » by Worm Guts » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:36 pm

Mariner wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

Ya but if you use the same logic the Vikings could have traded that pick to someone else to screw the jets.
It’s not a big deal but I always find it amusing when teams flip picks that are consecutive.
We aren’t drafting your guy but could trade the pick to someone who is so give us a little compensation is becoming an old trick.
The truth is that if Denver made a good offer they would have taken it and the Vikings compensation wouldn’t have blocked anything.

I suppose, but if McCarthy gets taken in front of them you figure the Vikings two options become take Nix or get shutout on QBs. I think the stakes are higher for the Vikings potentially missing out on a QB than the Jets missing out on a tackle. So if Denver wasn't making an offer, good on the Jets for pulling off the bluff and taking advantage of the leverage they had.
I'm relieved the Vikings didn't have to use both firsts to go up and get McCarthy though like so many mocks predicted.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#635 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:40 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:

Good luck. You guys should be embarrassed for not seeing the bigger picture. Jerry loves Cowboy fans like you guys. Buy into it and eat it up suckers.
Mariner
Senior

Post#636 » by Mariner » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:50 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Mariner wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

I suppose, but if McCarthy gets taken in front of them you figure the Vikings two options become take Nix or get shutout on QBs. I think the stakes are higher for the Vikings potentially missing out on a QB than the Jets missing out on a tackle. So if Denver wasn't making an offer, good on the Jets for pulling off the bluff and taking advantage of the leverage they had.
I'm relieved the Vikings didn't have to use both firsts to go up and get McCarthy though like so many mocks predicted.

It’s always nice to get your guy without trading up.
Vikings and eagles both got lucky there.
Mariner
Senior

Post#637 » by Mariner » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:52 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:

Good luck. You guys should be embarrassed for not seeing the bigger picture. Jerry loves Cowboy fans like you guys. Buy into it and eat it up suckers.

We get it. You hate everything about the team.
No sense in repeating yourself. You are Groot!
Unlesss you have something different to contribute…
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#638 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:54 pm

Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I think they played it perfectly

Your nuts. Most grade drafters had Guyton rated at or around 62. He's only played 14 games the past 2 seasons. Its risky and a reach. Cowboys made a mistake not taking Barton and you know it. Your damn right I hate everything about this team. Only a fool would approve.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,160

Post#639 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:17 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Cowboys have been a complete joke since they lost to Packers last January. Tough, miserable and embarrassing times ahead. No light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to this team. Jerry has turned this franchise and team into a laughing stalk. All the Cowboy haters will have fun this year watching McCarthy and Dak come to the Cowboy's rescue this year. Doomsday for the wrong reason.

just STFU
Mariner
Senior

Post#640 » by Mariner » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:27 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Good luck. You guys should be embarrassed for not seeing the bigger picture. Jerry loves Cowboy fans like you guys. Buy into it and eat it up suckers.

Your nuts. Most grade drafters had Guyton rated at or around 62. He's only played 14 games the past 2 seasons. Its risky and a reach. Cowboys made a mistake not taking Barton and you know it. Your damn right I hate everything about this team. Only a fool would approve.

No no and no.
Most mocks had the cowboys taking him.
The cowboys can be laughed at for many things but drafting is not one of them. Especially when taking Oline in the first round. Weren’t the last 4 all pros?
Now go on with your old man hate about Jerry and get off topic again.

Return to The General NFL Board