Moderator: bwgood77

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Re: Draft thread 

Post#61 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 6, 2024 9:35 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:What is everyone’s opinion if this were to happen.

Dak waives his no trade clause and is traded to the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Cowboys then draft Michael Penix.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :party: :party: :party:

I have to say I wouldn’t be upset with that scenario. The only question with Penix is his knee and based on his Combine exam his knee is fine.

Now would Pittsburgh want Dak that’s the question. Personally I think he’d be a great fit there. Need to hear what Steelers fans think though.

With all the QB's in that division, Dak might never make the playoffs again. :rofl: :rofl:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#62 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Mar 9, 2024 6:43 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:What is everyone’s opinion if this were to happen.

Dak waives his no trade clause and is traded to the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Cowboys then draft Michael Penix.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :party: :party: :party:

I have to say I wouldn’t be upset with that scenario. The only question with Penix is his knee and based on his Combine exam his knee is fine.

Now would Pittsburgh want Dak that’s the question. Personally I think he’d be a great fit there. Need to hear what Steelers fans think though.

If he did waive his no trade clause we should do the same thing the Ravens did with Lamar Jackson. Let Dak test the waters. There may be some takers but not for the price Dak is currently under contract for.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,554

Post#63 » by azcatz11 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 6:45 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote: :beer: :beer: :beer: :party: :party: :party:

If he did waive his no trade clause we should do the same thing the Ravens did with Lamar Jackson. Let Dak test the waters. There may be some takers but not for the price Dak is currently under contract for.

It’s clear you don’t understand how free agency works lol
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#64 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Mar 9, 2024 6:49 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I have to say I wouldn’t be upset with that scenario. The only question with Penix is his knee and based on his Combine exam his knee is fine.

It’s clear you don’t understand how free agency works lol

Maybe someday I will be as smart as you.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Post#65 » by Mr B » Sat Mar 9, 2024 6:57 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote: :beer: :beer: :beer: :party: :party: :party:

If Dak hits the open market he’s gone. Someone will pay him. If they don’t agree to a deal then the Cowboys start over at QB. Cooper Rush and Trey Lance battle for the starting job until they find someone else.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#66 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Mar 9, 2024 7:03 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I have to say I wouldn’t be upset with that scenario. The only question with Penix is his knee and based on his Combine exam his knee is fine.

If Dak hits the open market he’s gone. Someone will pay him. If they don’t agree to a deal then the Cowboys start over at QB. Cooper Rush and Trey Lance battle for the starting job until they find someone else.

Sounds like you would be upset if someone did pick up Dak. Are you getting soft in your older age? :wink: :lol:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#67 » by Mr B » Sat Mar 9, 2024 7:15 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:If he did waive his no trade clause we should do the same thing the Ravens did with Lamar Jackson. Let Dak test the waters. There may be some takers but not for the price Dak is currently under contract for.

Sounds like you would be upset if someone did pick up Dak. Are you getting soft in your older age? :wink: :lol:

No I’m just stating the facts. If they draft one they will need to do so this season or next season. Or they can trade for Justin Fields. If they trade for Fields though they won’t be able to fix the defense. Also you have to pay Fields. I want Dak gone as much as anyone however you have to be realistic and look at all the options.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,259

Post#68 » by wco81 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 7:40 pm

I thought he had like a $60 million cap hit next season unless they extend/restructure his contract.

Don't they have to pay Lamb and Micah too, or can they wait until the next offseason?

Both of them may get like $40-50 million next season, unless Jerry gives them a huge signing bonus with most of the guaranteed money.

Is he going to give the QB reins to Cooper Rush or Trey Lance while they have a lot of high contract players on the roster?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#69 » by Mr B » Sat Mar 9, 2024 9:45 pm

wco81 wrote:I thought he had like a $60 million cap hit next season unless they extend/restructure his contract.

Don't they have to pay Lamb and Micah too, or can they wait until the next offseason?

Both of them may get like $40-50 million next season, unless Jerry gives them a huge signing bonus with most of the guaranteed money.

Is he going to give the QB reins to Cooper Rush or Trey Lance while they have a lot of high contract players on the roster?

Dak does have a $60M cap hit this year, technically $59.4M. They do have to pay Lamb but they picked up Micah’s 5th year option so they have 1 more year before they have to pay him. They converted some of Zack Martin’s salary into a signing bonus to get under the cap. They can do the same with Diggs, Steele, and Lawrence if they need to. Dak will be in Dallas for at least this season, but yes next off season it will be between Cooper Rush and Trey Lance. Unless they add a new prospect between now and then.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#70 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:05 pm

Mr B wrote:
wco81 wrote:I thought he had like a $60 million cap hit next season unless they extend/restructure his contract.

Dak does have a $60M cap hit this year, technically $59.4M. They do have to pay Lamb but they picked up Micah’s 5th year option so they have 1 more year before they have to pay him. They converted some of Zack Martin’s salary into a signing bonus to get under the cap. They can do the same with Diggs, Steele, and Lawrence if they need to. Dak will be in Dallas for at least this season, but yes next off season it will be between Cooper Rush and Trey Lance. Unless they add a new prospect between now and then.

I don't see the point of converting anything more this year. We should start the rebuild now and face the fact the Cowboys won't be a factor this upcoming season in the NFC. Dallas is in no position to be all in and making this a super bowl contending team. Its over. This 4 year contract and experiment has been a disaster and run its course. Time to start over.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#71 » by Mr B » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:22 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I don't see the point of converting anything more this year. We should start the rebuild now and face the fact the Cowboys won't be a factor this upcoming season in the NFC. Dallas is in no position to be all in and making this a super bowl contending team. Its over. This 4 year contract and experiment has been a disaster and run its course. Time to start over.

I can’t say I disagree. If they are not going to at least sign their own free agents (than make sense) and are not going to extend Dak then just bite the bullet and eat all the big cap hits. Tank and get a top pick in next year’s draft. Even if there isn’t a QB you want use the top pick on the OL and draft a QB (than makes more sense) in the middle rounds.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#72 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:30 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Dak does have a $60M cap hit this year, technically $59.4M. They do have to pay Lamb but they picked up Micah’s 5th year option so they have 1 more year before they have to pay him. They converted some of Zack Martin’s salary into a signing bonus to get under the cap. They can do the same with Diggs, Steele, and Lawrence if they need to. Dak will be in Dallas for at least this season, but yes next off season it will be between Cooper Rush and Trey Lance. Unless they add a new prospect between now and then.

I can’t say I disagree. If they are not going to at least sign their own free agents (than make sense) and are not going to extend Dak then just bite the bullet and eat all the big cap hits. Tank and get a top pick in next year’s draft. Even if there isn’t a QB you want use the top pick on the OL and draft a QB (than makes more sense) in the middle rounds.

Dak must be pissed. That's why he has his brother running his mouth again because Jerry won't give him an extension. I think they call that mutiny. This whole situation is a royal mess.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,611

Post#73 » by Repeat 3-peat » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:36 pm

Read on Twitter
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#74 » by Worm Guts » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:21 pm

Repeat 3-peat wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'd assume the Vikings want to package 11 and 23 to move up and pick a QB, but who knows, maybe it's just to better position themselves for Nix/Penix?
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,570

Post#75 » by hermes » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:24 pm

:o

do i need to start familiarizing myself with the top qbs of the class?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#76 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:37 pm

hermes wrote::o

Yeah. Get with the program. :wink: :lol:
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#77 » by Worm Guts » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:38 pm

hermes wrote::o

Probably just Maye and McCarthy. I think the top 2 are still out of reach.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Post#78 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:40 pm

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM