Moderator: bwgood77

WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect
And1: 215

Re: Draft thread 

Post#161 » by WentzerWuver » Tue Apr 9, 2024 7:19 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Purposely not giving Dak help so that he can prove his worth is a horrible tactic that no team ever would plot.

The Chiefs had an elite top-3 defense this season, they wouldn't have won anything with just Mahomes and that's it. Every QB needs help, even an anomaly like Mahomes. Brady was surrounded with talent his entire career too, just because the RB position was lack luster doesn't mean everything else was.

Brady's best offensive year, their undefeated year, was with Randy Moss.
Yet the Chiefs defense was ranked 28th overall when they beaten the 49ers in the SB the first time and then went to the SB the following year with one of the worst offense line in the league in losing the SB to the Bucs.

So by stating they wouldn't have won anything was your feeble attempt to justify Dak can win it all if he had what the Chiefs gave Mahomes?!? Like if they simply replaced Mahomes with Dak as the Chiefs QB in their last SB, they would have beating the 49ers as well?

https://youtube.com/shorts/jUaNj898GDY?si=3XDQ2KAbZhmFsn6B

Still it would be enjoyable for fans to shout "here we goooo" along with Dak in the SB.

Previous years Mahomes had Hill, the best WR in the NFL. I'm not trying to compare these two, Mahomes is twice the QB that Dak is. Hell Mahomes is a tier above any other QB. I'm just saying that purposely with holding "help" so that the QB can prove their worth is non-sensical.

If the Chiefs could obtain prime Jerry Rice and prime Randy Moss together....they would. You want the best weapons possible no matter who is at QB.

The reason why Tyreek is no longer on the team is they refuse to pay what he is worth so just because Jerry and Randy happens to be available, they would pay what they are worth as well or are you accusing Tyreek was too old to be an effective wideout as the real reason?!?

Please clarify cause you seem to be making argumental excuses to get Dak everything in the world just so he can justify his worth but I guess having a top defense and o line to get him pocket time when healthy in the past is still not good enough for Dak that he also needs a prime time RB to finally get the approval from his fanbase while Mahomes wideout rejects were dropping balls for most of last season yet they still manage the win the SB.

Did i miss anything? Lol

https://youtube.com/shorts/9SVbz6b8ZE0?si=Ak-enw_h9OXpEDY1
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,158

Post#162 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Apr 9, 2024 8:25 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:Yet the Chiefs defense was ranked 28th overall when they beaten the 49ers in the SB the first time and then went to the SB the following year with one of the worst offense line in the league in losing the SB to the Bucs.

So by stating they wouldn't have won anything was your feeble attempt to justify Dak can win it all if he had what the Chiefs gave Mahomes?!? Like if they simply replaced Mahomes with Dak as the Chiefs QB in their last SB, they would have beating the 49ers as well?

https://youtube.com/shorts/jUaNj898GDY?si=3XDQ2KAbZhmFsn6B

Still it would be enjoyable for fans to shout "here we goooo" along with Dak in the SB.

Previous years Mahomes had Hill, the best WR in the NFL. I'm not trying to compare these two, Mahomes is twice the QB that Dak is. Hell Mahomes is a tier above any other QB. I'm just saying that purposely with holding "help" so that the QB can prove their worth is non-sensical.

If the Chiefs could obtain prime Jerry Rice and prime Randy Moss together....they would. You want the best weapons possible no matter who is at QB.

The reason why Tyreek is no longer on the team is they refuse to pay what he is worth so just because Jerry and Randy happens to be available, they would pay what they are worth as well or are you accusing Tyreek was too old to be an effective wideout as the real reason?!?

Please clarify cause you seem to be making argumental excuses to get Dak everything in the world just so he can justify his worth but I guess having a top defense and o line to get him pocket time when healthy in the past is still not good enough for Dak that he also needs a prime time RB to finally get the approval from his fanbase while Mahomes wideout rejects were dropping balls for most of last season yet they still manage the win the SB.

Did i miss anything? Lol

Exactly, the salary cap is the only reason that Hill is not a Chief.

Not sure where you are going with the vids and all that (You can embed those BTW) I am just saying the idea that Dallas should roll out Dak with a High School team to make him prove himself is silly. No team thinks that way. The idea that the QB is a one man army and every win and loss is determined by him is the way someone who doesn't really understand football thinks.

Hurts got a huge contract, should the Eagles remove all his weapons now?
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#163 » by WentzerWuver » Tue Apr 9, 2024 10:28 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:

Did i miss anything? Lol

Exactly, the salary cap is the only reason that Hill is not a Chief.

Not sure where you are going with the vids and all that (You can embed those BTW) I am just saying the idea that Dallas should roll out Dak with a High School team to make him prove himself is silly. No team thinks that way. The idea that the QB is a one man army and every win and loss is determined by him is the way someone who doesn't really understand football thinks.

Hurts got a huge contract, should the Eagles remove all his weapons now?

All I was stating initially was for Dallas not waste a high round pick on a dimishmish position on how the game is played now but concentrate on more pending positions like linebacker and cornerback along with most of the offensive line that is MUCH important than a RB. If the line breaks, they cannot run nor pass...comprende??

You were the one who continue to make excuses by implying that I was trying to strip Dak of any star talent and leave Dak with a high school team or do you make a habit of exaggerating your points? Look at all of your replies and tell me WHERE did I state any of that??? My original point was to sign an undrafted one....that's it. If you enjoy exaggerating so much to help your Dak, continue on since it's what Dak lovers like yourself seems good at doing.

So go spend a 2nd round pick on a RB instead which is what Cowboys fans want for Dak if it makes you happy.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,050

Post#164 » by Mr B » Tue Apr 9, 2024 10:51 pm

Maybe I’m missing something but aren’t most QB’s who have a solid running game more successful (compared to a QB with no running game).

The RB position might be diminished compared to what it was in the 90’s however but that doesn’t mean that the RB position and a good running game are obsolete. They are still needed.

Also I think Deuce Vaughn has a cool story but he’s far from being a lead back. They might be able to use him on kickoffs and screens but that’s really about it. Rico Dowdle looks like he can be a solid backup RB but again that’s about it. The Cowboys do still need a lead back. Now
Because the position takes such a beating and has such a short life span you don’t really want to take a RB in the 1st round anymore however a 2nd middle round pick is a good spot to take a RB.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,502

Post#165 » by bwgood77 » Tue Apr 9, 2024 11:45 pm

It will be interesting to see what the Chargers do, but based on what I read from their beat writer, they talk so much about building the OL as the main thing...everything centers around that, and having a great running game. They do have a weak WR core right now, and I thought Nabers would be the pick, but now I think it may be Joe Alt. Though I am not sure of the separation of the OT's in round 1/2 and the WRS. I know people are very very high on Nabers. It also seems like almost every offensive tackle taken in the top 10 ends up great and is usually a pro bowler at some point.
Mariner
Senior
And1: 107

Post#166 » by Mariner » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:19 am

bwgood77 wrote:It will be interesting to see what the Chargers do, but based on what I read from their beat writer, they talk so much about building the OL as the main thing...everything centers around that, and having a great running game. They do have a weak WR core right now, and I thought Nabers would be the pick, but now I think it may be Joe Alt. Though I am not sure of the separation of the OT's in round 1/2 and the WRS. I know people are very very high on Nabers. It also seems like almost every offensive tackle taken in the top 10 ends up great and is usually a pro bowler at some point.

Going Alt is probably the best strategy. There is much more depth at WR in the later rounds then Oline.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,050

Post#167 » by Mr B » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:57 am

bwgood77 wrote:It will be interesting to see what the Chargers do, but based on what I read from their beat writer, they talk so much about building the OL as the main thing...everything centers around that, and having a great running game. They do have a weak WR core right now, and I thought Nabers would be the pick, but now I think it may be Joe Alt. Though I am not sure of the separation of the OT's in round 1/2 and the WRS. I know people are very very high on Nabers. It also seems like almost every offensive tackle taken in the top 10 ends up great and is usually a pro bowler at some point.

If you look at the way Harbaugh has built every team he’s coached he’s had a power running game. He wants to run the ball and play smash mouth football. Joe Alt does make the most sense. I could also see them drafting Blake Corum in the 3rd round.
Mariner
Senior
And1: 107

Post#168 » by Mariner » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:12 am

Mr B wrote:

If you look at the way Harbaugh has built every team he’s coached he’s had a power running game. He wants to run the ball and play smash mouth football. Joe Alt does make the most sense. I could also see them drafting Blake Corum in the 3rd round.

This goes against Wentzer rules of the draft. Not only have RBs been devalued from the first round it is now inappropriate to draft a RB in the top 100.
RBs can only be taken starting in the 4th round.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,474

Post#169 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:27 am

BPA is easily Nabers. Alt is the safe pick. But I don't think he'll end up being the best Tackle in this draft in a few years. I would take Nabers or trade the pick.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#170 » by WentzerWuver » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:07 am

Mr B wrote:Maybe I’m missing something but aren’t most QB’s who have a solid running game more successful (compared to a QB with no running game).

The RB position might be diminished compared to what it was in the 90’s however but that doesn’t mean that the RB position and a good running game are obsolete. They are still needed.

Also I think Deuce Vaughn has a cool story but he’s far from being a lead back. They might be able to use him on kickoffs and screens but that’s really about it. Rico Dowdle looks like he can be a solid backup RB but again that’s about it. The Cowboys do still need a lead back. Now
Because the position takes such a beating and has such a short life span you don’t really want to take a RB in the 1st round anymore however a 2nd middle round pick is a good spot to take a RB.
You should already be aware that the success of a running game is highly dependent on the success of the offensive line. A top o-line can generate more yards regardless of who is running the ball over a star RB running behind an inferior o-line. That is why i would NOT WASTE picks in the first 4 rounds but on rebuilding the line and added depth followed by other of needs.

https://www.dmagazine.com/sports/2022/07/the-offensive-line-used-to-save-the-cowboys-now-it-could-sink-them/

There is NOT a single team where their running game continues to dominate regardless of how bad the o-line is otherwise prove me wrong? So if JJ draft a RB on day 1 or 2, he will get a failed grade in my book. Seems like many Dak lovers can't see the forest beyond the trees l. I draft to win cause i understand the importance of the offensive line which is why they are more sought after and highly paid over a back and yes, a mid 2nd round pick is just TOO HIGH!!!
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#171 » by WentzerWuver » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:11 am

Mr B wrote:

I agree on taking Alt cause he fits their needs most to establishing Harbaugh offense of winning on the ground. However, I would not draft Corum until the 5th round as he will drop. And if he's drafted by another team, Harbaugh can just offer them a future pick for him in a trade which they would jump at due to the diminished value of that position.
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#172 » by WentzerWuver » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:25 am

Mariner wrote:
Mr B wrote:

This goes against Wentzer rules of the draft. Not only have RBs been devalued from the first round it is now inappropriate to draft a RB in the top 100.
RBs can only be taken starting in the 4th round.
Well it rarely fails me as i have selected better prospect over most GM and their scouting minions based on need. And RB should never be taken in the early rounds under any circumstances in accordance to the Wentzer rule.

For example, we can reflect from the past. I wanted the Eagles to draft Lattimore in 2016 but he was already taken by the time we selected so i had Humphrey next over Barnett cause of our need for a shut down corner which Howie always seem to avoid until the later rounds. Also wanted Bates over Goedert with the first pick in 2018, yell for them to grab Jefferson over Reagor in 2020 and insist on Hamilton over Davis in 2022 who now has twice as many sacks if they had listen. Surprisingly, I agreed on all of our odd years top selections when it was made. Other notable draft suggestions for other teams. Bengals to draft Chase over Sewell following Burrow season ending injury as many argued that protecting the QB backside was paramount over any receiver but they cannot grasp the LSU connection like I did. However, when it comes to drafting QB, I am as clueless as everyone else here like Bryce which i was VERY confidence over CJ.

Anyways since this is an even year draft, i will once again disagree with the Eagles top choice. I want Terrion followed by Kool-Aid. If we don't draft either of those two, i will be disappointed.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft/
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#173 » by WentzerWuver » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:27 am

Cactus Jack wrote:

BPA is easily Nabers. Alt is the safe pick. But I don't think he'll end up being the best Tackle in this draft in a few years. I would take Nabers or trade the pick.
https://youtu.be/cL4bfcyckcE?si=_2gqGIYTOkPEEajd

Not happening with Harbaugh as OT will likely be his first pick. Maybe Bowers but not a wideout. Even tho i prefer Fashanu over Alt, both should have an immediate impact in their rookie season. Besides Nabers was carrying an illegal weapon. I dont want thugs on my roster. Besides, i think Odunze will have a bigger impact in the NFL than either Nabers or Harrison Jr. His upside with those relible hands in big time situations are so Larry Frizgereld like with a long career ahead of him imo.

https://youtube.com/shorts/g6w9KFqANr4?si=bgA9GtsN67y5je-3
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#174 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:39 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Not happening with Harbaugh as OT will likely be his first pick. Maybe Bowers but not a wideout. Even tho i prefer Fashanu over Alt, both should have an immediate impact in their rookie season. Besides Nabers was carrying an illegal weapon. I dont want thugs on my roster. Besides, i think Odunze will have a bigger impact in the NFL than either Nabers or Harrison Jr. His upside with those relible hands in big time situations are so Larry Frizgereld like with a long career ahead of him imo.

I would trade back with a QB desperate team like Minnesota. Grab one of the other Tackles at that spot & load up on picks. It just makes too much sense. This draft is loaded with quality Tackles.

I don't know anything about his background or personality. But Nabers is the most talented receiver in this class on film.

Odunze is a stud.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#175 » by bwgood77 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:33 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:BPA is easily Nabers. Alt is the safe pick. But I don't think he'll end up being the best Tackle in this draft in a few years. I would take Nabers or trade the pick.

I would trade back with a QB desperate team like Minnesota. Grab one of the other Tackles at that spot & load up on picks. It just makes too much sense. This draft is loaded with quality Tackles.

I don't know anything about his background or personality. But Nabers is the most talented receiver in this class on film.

Odunze is a stud.

A couple of recent mocks on The Athletic have the Chargers trading down. Here is one:

5. Atlanta Falcons (from LAC)*: Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State
Projected trade: Atlanta trades No. 8, No. 43 and a 2025 mid-round pick to the Los Angeles Chargers for No. 5

The Falcons got off the pot and spent big to pair an experienced (and aging) Kirk Cousins with a young, talented roster. Why not be aggressive here and get Cousins the best non-QB in the draft?

6. Chicago Bears (from NYG)*: Malik Nabers, WR, LSU
Projected trade: Chicago trades No. 9, No. 75 and a 2025 mid-round pick to the New York Giants for No. 6

It’s certainly possible Chicago can wait at No. 9 and still get one of these receivers for Williams. But it’s also possible the Bears will feel like they have to move up. Nabers, Harrison or Rome Odunze might be way too tempting to pass on in this situation.

7. Tennessee Titans: Rome Odunze, WR, Washington
The prudent selection here might be tackle. However, new GM Ran Carthon spent some time this winter talking about adding speed and explosion — a wise focus given that the Titans don’t have much of either. Odunze is too good to pass on here.

8. Los Angeles Chargers (from ATL)*: Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame
If a Jim Harbaugh offense doesn’t have a formidable front, it’s going nowhere. The Chargers need receivers, to be sure, but Harbaugh and offensive coordinator Greg Roman also need studs up front like Alt. Also, remember how deep this WR class is.

43. Los Angeles Chargers (from ATL)*: Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State

By trading down, the Chargers not only could find a way to address multiple offensive-line needs (that Frazier pick at 37 would be huge if Corey Linsley retires), but they’d still be able to find a wide receiver for Justin Herbert. In this case, a giant, athletic receiver who can jump out of the building.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,571

Post#176 » by hermes » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:39 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:BPA is easily Nabers. Alt is the safe pick. But I don't think he'll end up being the best Tackle in this draft in a few years. I would take Nabers or trade the pick.

Odunze is a stud.

desperate? we've got sam darnold, we'll be ok
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#177 » by bwgood77 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:39 pm

Here is the other one from their Athletic beat writer....done earlier..

We begin this version with a trade.

Round 1, pick No. 11 (from MIN): Taliese Fuaga, OL, Oregon State

The Minnesota Vikings traded with the Houston Texans for an additional first-round pick earlier this month. The Vikings now hold the 11th and 23rd picks in the draft. After quarterback Kirk Cousins left for the Atlanta Falcons in free agency, the implicit intention behind this trade is to acquire resources to move up in the first round for a quarterback.

Our hypothetical scenario: USC’s Caleb Williams, UNC’s Drake Maye and LSU’s Jayden Daniels, all quarterbacks, go first, second and third to the Chicago Bears, Washington Commanders and New England Patriots, in some order. The Arizona Cardinals remain at No. 4 and select Ohio State receiver Marvin Harrison Jr. The Vikings then swing a deal with the Chargers to move up to No. 5 and draft Michigan quarterback J.J. McCarthy.

The Chargers send the fifth pick to the Vikings. In return, they receive pick Nos. 11 and 23 and a 2025 third-rounder.

Passing on LSU receiver Malik Nabers would be difficult, especially with Williams and Allen no longer on the roster. And I am certainly not saying this is what the Chargers should do if the draft falls this way. It is just an interesting scenario I want to dive into, as making this specific trade would allow the Chargers to fill more holes in a roster littered with them.

If the Chargers trade to No. 11, they would almost certainly miss out on Nabers and Washington receiver Rome Odunze. But they would likely have a shot at one of the six offensive tackles our draft expert Dane Brugler has ranked in his top 100.

Fuaga is one of my favorite players in the draft. Physical, mean, violent: His style would align well with how the Chargers want to play offensively, particularly in the run game. Fuaga has some limitations in pass protection against bendy edge rushers. He might be a better fit at guard, and the Chargers could upgrade at right guard or right tackle. Fuaga was a right tackle at Oregon State. The logic: Bring in an offensive lineman who fits the broader vision offensively, and figure out exactly where he fits through the spring and summer.

Round 1, pick No. 23 (from MIN via HOU via CLE): Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson

The value of this trade down starts to shine with this second first-round pick. Cornerback is one of the biggest needs on the roster. The Chargers have four corners with regular-season experience: Asante Samuel Jr., Ja’Sir Taylor, Deane Leonard and Kristian Fulton. The Fulton deal is not yet official but is expected to be announced sometime this week. The Chargers need to add at this position, and Wiggins has all the athletic traits defensive coordinator Jesse Minter is looking for in an outside corner. He has size at 6 feet 1. He has speed, running a 4.28-second 40-yard dash at the combine. He is an extremely fluid athlete, especially when forced to turn and recover on deep-developing routes. As Brugler writes, Wiggins allowed only one reception of 20 or more yards on 41 such targets last season.

Round 2, pick No. 37: Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas

If the Chargers trade down and miss out on Harrison, Nabers and Odunze, they should be looking to add a receiver on Day 2. Joshua Palmer, Quentin Johnston and Derius Davis are the three starting receivers at the moment. The Chargers will probably attempt to add a receiver in free agency. Between that addition and an early-round selection, their receivers will be in relatively good shape, considering the Chargers moved on from their No. 1 and No. 2 receivers in a week. Mitchell has excellent long speed. He can attack the deep part of the field with necessary deception in his routes. Brugler points out Mitchell’s “hand-eye coordination,” which allows him to make some special adjustments on throws outside his frame.

Round 3, pick No. 69: Kris Jenkins, DL, Michigan

I expect the Chargers to select at least one Michigan player in the draft. I just cannot overlook the familiarity Harbaugh will have with his former players. The Chargers need to add to the interior of their defensive line, even after signing Poona Ford in free agency. I could see them addressing this position even earlier in the draft, regardless of whether they trade down. Jenkins does not have overwhelming size — he weighed in at 299 pounds at the combine — and that shows up on tape when he is taking on double-teams. But Jenkins, the son of a former Pro Bowl defensive lineman, has a tremendous motor, and he would give the Chargers an interior pass rush element they have been missing in recent seasons outside of Morgan Fox.

Round 4, pick No. 105: Audric Estimé, RB, Notre Dame

Edwards is in line to be the primary back in 2024. Hortiz called him a “bell cow” when he spoke with local writers last week. The Chargers have Isaiah Spiller on the roster. They could also add another back in free agency, namely former Baltimore Ravens running back J.K. Dobbins, who has reportedly been cleared for football activities after the September Achilles injury that ended his 2023 season. Hortiz has familiarity with Dobbins. Even if the Chargers make that move, though, they’ll likely try to draft a running back, most likely on Day 3.

Estimé seems like a good fit for how the Chargers want to play. He lacks speed, running a 4.71 40 at the combine. But I like his tape. He is a big, physical back. He has good vision in short areas around the line of scrimmage, finding small crevices with quick, decisive feet. When he gets going in the open field, he is a handful to bring down. And I loved what I saw from Estimé in pass protection. His size allows him to match up well with blitzing linebackers. He sees pressure well. The Chargers want to be bullies in the run game. A pairing of Edwards and Estimé would be a step toward that.

Round 4, pick No. 110 (from CHI): Tommy Eichenberg, LB, Ohio State

The Chargers signed two linebackers in free agency (Denzel Perryman and Troy Dye), and they have two linebackers returning (Daiyan Henley and Nick Niemann). This group is way better off than it was a month ago. But it needs another piece. Eichenberg is not an elite athlete by modern linebacker standards. He is a little stiff in his lateral movements. But he is a good run defender. He is tough and physical. He seeks out contact. I love the mentality and play style. Eichenberg had 120 tackles at Ohio State in 2022. He also had experience on special teams in college.

Round 5, pick No. 140: Tanor Bortolini, C, Wisconsin

Corey Linsley, the Chargers’ starting center for the past three seasons, is expected to retire this offseason. But the need at center has taken a turn in recent weeks. First off, the Chargers signed Bozeman, who can fill that spot as a stopgap for 2024. Bozeman has played nearly 3,000 snaps at center in his career, including with the Ravens. The other big development: Harbaugh said at the annual league meeting in Orlando that he thinks 2023 fifth-round pick Jordan McFadden is an option at center.

I dug a bit and was told that moving McFadden to center was part of the long-term plan when he was drafted last year. He took some snaps at center in practice but never got any full-speed reps there. Having a potential internal option changes the calculus a bit. Still, the Chargers should be looking to add another center option in the draft. McFadden might end up fitting better at guard, where he started two games last season. Bortolini was one of the standout testers at the combine. He played all five offensive line positions at Wisconsin, so he could provide some center/guard flexibility.

Round 6, pick No. 181: Josh Proctor, S, Ohio State

The Chargers re-signed Alohi Gilman to start next to Derwin James Jr. at safety. They also have 2022 third-round pick JT Woods. And 2023 undrafted free agent AJ Finley was a reliable special teams player last season. The depth is a bit unproven, especially with Woods, who has played only 89 defensive snaps in his first two NFL seasons. I like the idea of adding a competitive depth piece to the safety group late on Day 3.

Proctor could be available here because he is not an eye-popping athlete. That shows up sometimes in the deep part of the field, especially when he gets beat and is chasing. But he sees the game well, both from deep alignments and in the slot. Proctor showed an ability to disguise looks on tape. And he is not afraid to mix it up in run fits in the box.

Round 7, pick No. 225: Mason Pline, TE, Furman

The Chargers gave themselves flexibility at tight end by signing two veterans in free agency. They do not necessarily have to draft a tight end. Dissly, Hayden Hurst and Donald Parham Jr. are the top three tight ends. At the bare minimum, the Chargers will be massively upgraded from a run-blocking perspective with Dissly atop the depth chart. If the Chargers draft a tight end, they could end up waiting until Day 3. A former college basketball player, Pline has tantalizing size and athleticism, along with soft hands.

Round 7, pick No. 253: Cornelius Johnson, WR, Michigan

Johnson was a three-year starter for Harbaugh in Ann Arbor. At the combine, he ran a 4.44 40 at 6-3, 212 pounds. He would bring some blocking juice to the Chargers’ receivers.
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#178 » by WentzerWuver » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:18 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:

Odunze is a stud.

Lol you have it backwards unless you are attempting a corny joke of irony. This class is loaded with quality wideouts but there are only 2 quality OT. The rest are a few tiers below unless you are trying to funny? Look at my link on tackles again. Only Alt and Fashanu are elites to dominate the run game on every down, pancakes after pancakes. That's the Harbaugh way!!!

https://youtu.be/LF1rFMtPlKo?si=fMATQPxEj4x5uhgh

https://youtu.be/rX5fp3w_KzQ?si=_KEiIgCUDWW5e7a9
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#179 » by WentzerWuver » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:24 pm

hermes wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:https://youtu.be/cL4bfcyckcE?si=_2gqGIYTOkPEEajd

desperate? we've got sam darnold, we'll be ok
Now THAT is a good attempt at comic irony. The only way for Jefferson to get an accurate pass from Sam is to change his name to Casper and put a white table clothe over himself.

https://youtu.be/w3QD_smw2YY?si=438RGh0xgwqwKpmY

https://youtube.com/shorts/KFMQAtLT_3Q?si=brnO8SU1_2_-kUsg
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#180 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:28 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:https://youtu.be/cL4bfcyckcE?si=_2gqGIYTOkPEEajd

Odunze is a stud.

Lol you have it backwards unless you are attempting a corny joke of irony. This class is loaded with quality wideouts but there are only 2 quality OT. The rest are a few tiers below unless you are trying to funny? Look at my link on tackles again. Only Alt and Fashanu are elites to dominate the run game on every down, pancakes after pancakes. That's the Harbaugh way!!!

No, there are several good Tackle prospects in this draft. Fuaga, Fautanu, Latham, Mims, etc.

I'm lower on Fashanu than the consensus. But there are as many as 5 or 6 other Tackles that will go in the 1st round. It's a very strong OT class. Latham & Mims have the highest ceilings among them imo. Trading back & taking one at pick 11 would be very good value.

Return to The General NFL Board