Divisional Round Week

Moderator: bwgood77

El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Re: Divisional Round Week 

Post#521 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:04 pm

wco81 wrote:Bears just gave away Roquan Smith IIRC.

They got a second and a fifth round pick two years ago in exchange for the #8 pick of the draft. Smith was 24 at the time, now 26.

Ravens defense has been great but Ravens offense has been explosive, especially back half of the season. They may have something special with Lively, a 4th round pick who is getting a lot of snaps because Andrews has been injured.

But Lively is making deep downfield catches, either beating LBs and safeties or making contested catches.

I think Roquan was going to be free agent and couldnt come to terms with Bears, he extended once he got traded to Ravens. They did pretty well considering they were going to lose him for nothing in 3 months.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
El Turco

Post#522 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:09 pm

goober wrote:Brock Purdy is in a lose/lose situation with the media right now, it doesn’t matter how well he plays, all credit is given to his teammates. If he has a lackluster performance, he sucks.

He is not going to shed the 7th round pick aura until he wins the super bowl, even then dubious since Brady had to win like 7 to get respect from some people. Doesnt help he is built like a middle schooler.

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,135

Post#523 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:22 pm

El Turco wrote:
Mr B wrote:
El Turco wrote:No Cowboys fan was rooting for Chiefs before Mahomes lets get real

I don’t understand why it bothers you so much that a Cowboys fan would root for the Chiefs too.

People going thru mental gymnastics catch my eye, if you just admit to frontrunning it wouldnt be worth commenting

Why would I admit that. I’ve been a fan of the Chiefs since I was a kid (once my Cowboys bow out). Why are you so insecure?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#524 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:22 pm

goober wrote:You know, nothing wrong rooting for another team just because they’re good and yours is not. But jumping to “they were in dallas 60 years ago” is crazy :lol:

Is that not a fact?
Mr B
RealGM

Divisional Round Week 

Post#525 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:23 pm

goober wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
RIPskaterdude wrote:49ers had no issue moving the ball, they just had some bad luck with tipped balls going for INTs.

Purdy threw 4 INTs and 2 of them were definitely on him. Zero TD passes to go with that.

Purdy could beat the Packers, when Dak couldn’t even muster up a close game

So you’re using Dak as a barometer for how good Purdy is? That seems odd.
El Turco

Post#526 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:24 pm

Mr B wrote:
El Turco wrote:
Mr B wrote:I don’t understand why it bothers you so much that a Cowboys fan would root for the Chiefs too.

People going thru mental gymnastics catch my eye, if you just admit to frontrunning it wouldnt be worth commenting

Why would I admit that. I’ve been a fan of the Chiefs since I was a kid (once my Cowboys bow out). Why are you so insecure?

Obviously no one's buying that, but you do you

Mr B
RealGM

Post#527 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:31 pm

El Turco wrote:
Mr B wrote:
El Turco wrote:

Doesn’t matter if you buy it or not. I’m not buying you’re a sports fan. Do you care that I don’t believe you? See how that works.
El Turco

Post#528 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:35 pm

Mr B wrote:
El Turco wrote:
Mr B wrote:Why would I admit that. I’ve been a fan of the Chiefs since I was a kid (once my Cowboys bow out). Why are you so insecure?

Doesn’t matter if you buy it or not. I’m not buying you’re a sports fan. Do you care that I don’t believe you? See how that works.

Doesnt matter if dont think it matters, just like you are allowed to B.S. we are allowed to call out the B.S. If it makes you too upset I guess there are ways for you to block certain messages.

goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,959

Post#529 » by goober » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:35 pm

Mr B wrote:
goober wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Purdy threw 4 INTs and 2 of them were definitely on him. Zero TD passes to go with that.

I mean, Purdy is undefeated against the cowboys
Mr B
RealGM

Post#530 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:39 pm

El Turco wrote:
Mr B wrote:
El Turco wrote:

Doesnt matter if dont think it matters, just like you are allowed to B.S. we are allowed to call out the B.S. If it makes you too upset I guess there are ways for you to block certain messages.

I could care less honestly. You’re the only only getting riled up because a couple of us are rooting for the Chiefs now that our team is out. You are literally the only one making this an issue. Lol
Mr B
RealGM

Post#531 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:40 pm

goober wrote:
Mr B wrote:
goober wrote:Purdy could beat the Packers, when Dak couldn’t even muster up a close game

I mean, Purdy is undefeated against the cowboys

Is that the goal for your team? I’m just trying to figure out what this has to do with the teams currently still playing.

If you feel beating the Cowboys is your Super Bowl then ok. Whatever floats your boat. You should have higher aspirations though.
El Turco

Post#532 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:44 pm

Mr B wrote:
El Turco wrote:
Mr B wrote:Doesn’t matter if you buy it or not. I’m not buying you’re a sports fan. Do you care that I don’t believe you? See how that works.

I could care less honestly. You’re the only only getting riled up because a couple of us are rooting for the Chiefs now that our team is out. You are literally the only one making this an issue. Lol

If you think I am the only one you have a problem with counting over one. I am not even the original poster you were discussing this with and others called you out, people are not bothered by you rooting for whoever has the best qb at any given time, we are just ridiculing your mental gymnastics :)

Mr B
RealGM

Post#533 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:49 pm

El Turco wrote:
Mr B wrote:
El Turco wrote:

If you think I am the only one you have a problem with counting over one. I am not even the original poster you were discussing this with and others called you out, people are not bothered by you rooting for whoever has the best qb at any given time, we are just ridiculing your mental gymnastics :)

I wasn’t aware I had to have your permission for who to root for. Do you want to tell me who to vote for too?
El Turco

Post#534 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:51 pm

Mr B wrote:
goober wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Purdy threw 4 INTs and 2 of them were definitely on him. Zero TD passes to go with that.

why is that odd? I thought Dak was the MVP and he is the quarterback of the only other team that played Packers. If you are not going to compare Purdy to MVP contenders and common opponents, who do we compare him to?

RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,192

Post#535 » by RaoulDuke79 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:51 pm

I thought this was the Taylor Swift thread.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
El Turco

Post#536 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:52 pm

Mr B wrote:
El Turco wrote:
Mr B wrote:I could care less honestly. You’re the only only getting riled up because a couple of us are rooting for the Chiefs now that our team is out. You are literally the only one making this an issue. Lol

I wasn’t aware I had to have your permission for who to root for. Do you want to tell me who to vote for too?

I wasnt aware I told you who to root for. We are just ridiculing you, if you cant handle it block all the people who crapped on you :lol:

Mr B
RealGM

Post#537 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:52 pm

El Turco wrote:
Mr B wrote:
goober wrote:Purdy could beat the Packers, when Dak couldn’t even muster up a close game

why is that odd? I thought Dak was the MVP and he is the quarterback of the only other team that played Packers. If you are not going to compare Purdy to MVP contenders and common opponents, who do we compare him to?

Dak isn’t the MVP.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#538 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:54 pm

El Turco wrote:
Mr B wrote:
El Turco wrote:

I wasnt aware I told you who to root for. We are just ridiculing you, if you cant handle it block all the people who crapped on you :lol:

Well you got your panties all in a bunch simply because a couple of us are rooting for the Chiefs. You’re insecurity is showing. Here maybe this will help.

El Turco

Post#539 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:54 pm

Mr B wrote:
El Turco wrote:
Mr B wrote:So you’re using Dak as a barometer for how good Purdy is? That seems odd.

Dak isn’t the MVP.

I agree, he never was.

El Turco

Post#540 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:55 pm

Mr B wrote:
El Turco wrote:
Mr B wrote:I wasn’t aware I had to have your permission for who to root for. Do you want to tell me who to vote for too?

Well you got your panties all in a bunch simply because a couple of us are rooting for the Chiefs. You’re insecurity is showing. Here maybe this will help.

again as opposed to what your mum taught you, we are not laughing with you, we are laughing at you.

Return to The General NFL Board