Divisional Round Week

Moderator: bwgood77

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,161

Re: Divisional Round Week 

Post#561 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:32 pm

El Turco wrote:Pretty sure Purdy outgained Lamar first half of the game, game got out of hand after the 4th interception.

Ravens defense is good but nothing dominant like some of their previous defenses, Lamar had to win games by himself. They are very good at converting opportunities but I dont know how often they'll get 4 interceptions again.

This defense allowed 16.5 PPG which is #1 in the NFL

Their 2012 defense (won the SB vs the 49ers) allowed 21.5 PPG

But yeah the 2000 defense allowed 10.3 PPG that is cheat mode.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,561

Post#562 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:46 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
El Turco wrote:Pretty sure Purdy outgained Lamar first half of the game, game got out of hand after the 4th interception.

Ravens defense is good but nothing dominant like some of their previous defenses, Lamar had to win games by himself. They are very good at converting opportunities but I dont know how often they'll get 4 interceptions again.

This defense allowed 16.5 PPG which is #1 in the NFL

Their 2012 defense (won the SB vs the 49ers) allowed 21.5 PPG

But yeah the 2000 defense allowed 10.3 PPG that is cheat mode.

A lot goes into point per game, including offensively god awful division they played in. They are 5th in yards per game for example. Niners defense allow 17.7, I dont think they are historically great either.

That team still had Reed, Suggs, Lewis, Haloti Ngata, Pollard etc, some of them were old and it showed throughout the season but they knew how to be in the right place and the right time when it was needed.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
El Turco

Post#563 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:48 pm

wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
Well Raiders and Rams moved few years ago and everyone is old enough to remember, I dont think you remember the time Chiefs moved 60 years ago. Dont think it bothers anyone, it is just that there is a much higher chance someone would root for team like Chiefs because they have been so dominant and have the best quarterback maybe we have ever seen, rather than some obscure reference to 60 years ago. I see why people think you might be making up obscure reason but at the end doesnt matter lol like turco said you do you root for lakers and yankees if you want who cares.

Turco seems to care a lot.

He is taking the piss lol

Cowboys fans cant handle me, I am just too hot. Like 5 people called him out for 60 years ago BS but he only got pissy with me. It is ok, I am used to Cowboys fans obsessing over me :lol:

wembambamya
Junior
And1: 114

Post#564 » by wembambamya » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:50 pm

El Turco wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:Turco seems to care a lot.

Cowboys fans cant handle me, I am just too hot. Like 5 people called him out for 60 years ago BS but he only got pissy with me. It is ok, I am used to Cowboys fans obsessing over me :lol:

Dont stir **** lol
El Turco

Post#565 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:54 pm

wembambamya wrote:
El Turco wrote:
wembambamya wrote:

Dont stir **** lol

Yeah I probably waste too much time toying with them, they have enough grief as it is :)

Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#566 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:55 pm

Turco and Wemby still obsessing on the Cowboys I see :lol:

No thread is safe from that...
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,110

Post#567 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:56 pm

El Turco wrote:
wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:Turco seems to care a lot.

You still talking about me? I’m living rent free in your head buddy.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#568 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:57 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Turco and Wemby still obsessing on the Cowboys I see :lol:

Not so much Wemby this time but turco is obsessed. Lol
El Turco

Post#569 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:58 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Turco and Wemby still obsessing on the Cowboys I see :lol:

No one was talking about Cowboys lol

El Turco

Post#570 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:59 pm

Mr B wrote:
El Turco wrote:
wembambamya wrote:

You still talking about me? I’m living rent free in your head buddy.

Projecting much. no wonder you picked me out of 5, thanks for the luv :lol:

wembambamya
Junior

Post#571 » by wembambamya » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:02 pm

Turco says you obsess over him and your response is he obsesses over you, lol you guys respond like a 5th grader at best
El Turco

Post#572 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:03 pm

wembambamya wrote:Turco says you obsess over him and your response is he obsesses over you, lol you guys respond like a 5th grader at best

As they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, they love me so much they repeat everything I say :)

last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Post#573 » by last stand » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:16 pm

El Turco wrote:
last stand wrote:What’s going to happen is teams are going to see more benefit in just drafting guys and putting super teams around them

I think when baker mayfield starts getting 40 which will trickle around the league for several QBs I just think long term teams are going to draft a QB or 2 and try to build super teams. I mean would you rather have baker at 40 or a top LB, safety, and WR?

Yeah this is the way I favor. Unless you have quarterback that overcomes holes in your team, which there are maybe 4-5 of those guys, dont pay a quarterback past his rookie deal. Just build a great team and keep plugging it with young guys from the draft or maybe a veteran on a discount. We've seen unless you are Mahomes it is very difficult to win with a quarterback taking huge percentage of your cap.

My thing is what’s even the risk? Let’s say you put a young QB in with a super team and a good offensive coordinator.

What’s the worst that can happen? You suck and get high draft picks to then draft another QB and fill out your roster with even more talent?

I just see it as a win win. You may not contend every year but imo you’re probably likelier to. You can have stacked teams basically forever.

I also think this would work to bring QB contract values down
Mr B
RealGM

Post#574 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:18 pm

wembambamya wrote:Turco says you obsess over him and your response is he obsesses over you, lol you guys respond like a 5th grader at best

wembambamya
Junior

Post#575 » by wembambamya » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:20 pm

Mr B wrote:

exactly what I am talking about lmao
El Turco

Post#576 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:29 pm

last stand wrote:
El Turco wrote:
last stand wrote:What’s going to happen is teams are going to see more benefit in just drafting guys and putting super teams around them

I think when baker mayfield starts getting 40 which will trickle around the league for several QBs I just think long term teams are going to draft a QB or 2 and try to build super teams. I mean would you rather have baker at 40 or a top LB, safety, and WR?

Yeah this is the way I favor. Unless you have quarterback that overcomes holes in your team, which there are maybe 4-5 of those guys, dont pay a quarterback past his rookie deal. Just build a great team and keep plugging it with young guys from the draft or maybe a veteran on a discount. We've seen unless you are Mahomes it is very difficult to win with a quarterback taking huge percentage of your cap.

My thing is what’s even the risk? Let’s say you put a young QB in with a super team and a good offensive coordinator.

What’s the worst that can happen? You suck and get high draft picks to then draft another QB and fill out your roster with even more talent?

I just see it as a win win. You may not contend every year but imo you’re probably likelier to. You can have stacked teams basically forever.

Yeah you can at least make it to wild card round with a stack roster and a mediocre quarterback. But if you hit any of those draft picks, you are good for at least 5 years or maybe have yourself a dynasty if you really hit it.

Of course there are relationships in play, we kinda think of it as fantasy football, some coaches/GMs/owners get really attached to their quarterback.

El Turco

Post#577 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:32 pm

wembambamya wrote:
Mr B wrote:

exactly what I am talking about lmao

Spoiler:

last stand
Sixth Man
And1: 327

Post#578 » by last stand » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:33 pm

El Turco wrote:
last stand wrote:
El Turco wrote:

Yeah you can at least make it to wild card round with a stack roster and a mediocre quarterback. But if you hit any of those draft picks, you are good for at least 5 years or maybe have yourself a dynasty if you really hit it.

Of course there are relationships in play, we kinda think of it as fantasy football, some coaches/GMs/owners get really attached to their quarterback.

I think it’s 100% relationships and it’d be a really hard sell to a fan base

You run a risk of let’s say back in 2019 or 2020 the cowboys traded dak Prescott to some team. And then the team he’s traded to does better than the cowboys. Fans would be very unhappy. They don’t know the next 3 years would be mediocre. They live in the moment.

If I’m the jaguars I think I’m trading Trevor Lawrence for a kings ransom. Most jags fans would disagree but from my perspective both Jacksonville and Trevor can use fresh starts.
El Turco

Post#579 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:38 pm

last stand wrote:
El Turco wrote:
last stand wrote:

I think it’s 100% relationships and it’d be a really hard sell to a fan base

You run a risk of let’s say back in 2019 or 2020 the cowboys traded dak Prescott to some team. And then the team he’s traded to does better than the cowboys. Fans would be very unhappy. They don’t know the next 3 years would be mediocre. They live in the moment.

If I’m the jaguars I think I’m trading Trevor Lawrence for a kings ransom. Most jags fans would disagree but from my perspective both Jacksonville and Trevor can use fresh starts.

I am really on the fence about Lawrence, he has the tools to be one of those 4-5 QBs that you can win with a flawed roster but obviously results have not shown that and even more concerning there has been much of an improvement on his play. I am leaning towards not paying him too but yeah no way you could sell that to the fan base.

Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#580 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:53 pm

Wemby is clearly obsessed with Turco.

Return to The General NFL Board