Moderator: bwgood77

Mariner
Senior
And1: 107

Re: Super Bowl LVIII Thread 

Post#641 » by Mariner » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:46 am

last stand wrote:
Mariner wrote:
last stand wrote:The problem with this is I don’t believe for a second that the cowboys fans wouldn’t be arguing from the 49ers position if the situations were reversed. In fact I know they would.

Honestly all I care about is winning the whole thing.
It gives me no pleasure to know that the cowboys haven’t accomplished more then the commanders but the truth is we haven’t.

That’s ridiculous. You get no rings sent to your mailbox. You’re a fan. You want to watch as many games possible on a year to year basis and hopefully win the whole thing.

To act like as a fan all products are the same if no Super Bowl is won is to ignore the logic of entertainment

49ers and cowboys fans did not experience the same season. One got to cheer for 3 more games and cheer all the way down to a wire

Nobody here is arik armstead going home with a loss saying they’re just happy to be there

We’re all fans, all products are not created equal. Nobody is saying losing a Super Bowl is the same as winning one. But from a fans perspective losing in OT in the Super Bowl is unquestionably a different experience than getting mollywopped in the wild card by the 7th seed

I’d rather the eagles had gotten to the superbowl and lost than whatever it was I watched this past season. And yet I’d rather be an eagles fan going into 2024 than a panthers fan or a giants fan.

There are unquestionably different fan experiences based on where your team finished

This honestly isn’t even a debate

Maybe I’m in the minority. It’s just my opinion.
Losing in the SB would give me no more satisfaction.
Should I take any pleasure at all that the cowboys had a better season than the commanders? Nope. I have zero bragging rights over commander fans.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Post#642 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:51 am

Mr B wrote:For those of you that didn’t see this. Beast Mode is hilarious.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg

Shawn is loyal AF...He's a real G.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 326

Post#643 » by QB_Eagles » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:58 am

Mariner wrote:Should I take any pleasure at all that the cowboys had a better season than the commanders? Nope. I have zero bragging rights over commander fans.

You would if you were a Texans fan because they won a playoff game and got their QB of the future.

The Cowboys situation and the way their season ended is admittedly quite desolate, so I understand the need for copium and why some of you switched to Chiefs fandom.

You would not see a Texans fan come in here and talk about how their season went is essentially the same as the Panthers.
Mariner
Senior

Post#644 » by Mariner » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:05 am

QB_Eagles wrote:
Mariner wrote:Should I take any pleasure at all that the cowboys had a better season than the commanders? Nope. I have zero bragging rights over commander fans.

You would if you were a Texans fan because they won a playoff game and got their QB of the future.

The Cowboys situation and the way their season ended is admittedly quite desolate, so I understand the need for copium and why some of you switched to Chiefs fandom.

You would not see a Texans fan come in here and talk about how their season went is essentially the same as the Panthers.

Again.. im not a chief fan.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#645 » by El Turco » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:24 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

Read on Twitter

how about Richard Sherman, lifelong Niners fan :lol:

Read on Twitter
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
El Turco

Post#646 » by El Turco » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:27 pm

Copium is strong itt :lol:

Mariner
Senior

Post#647 » by Mariner » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:31 pm

El Turco wrote:Copium is strong itt :lol:

It is! Weird to see how far some people here will go to rationalize a failed year.
El Turco

Post#648 » by El Turco » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:32 pm

Mariner wrote:

It is! Weird to see how far some people here will go to rationalize a failed year.

Agreed.

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Post#649 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:42 pm

El Turco wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Sherm is kind of a turd tbh.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
El Turco

Post#650 » by El Turco » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:07 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
El Turco wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Shawn is loyal AF...He's a real G.

Read on Twitter

:lol: Go figure. Joined the evil empire.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Post#651 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:19 pm

The new generation Cowboy fans and Jerry have different Copium than the old guard fans. They still think they can go all in and still win with dumb Dak and McCarthy under the current culture. :ouch: :rofl:
Mariner
Senior

Post#652 » by Mariner » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:48 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

The new generation Cowboy fans and Jerry have different Copium than the old guard fans. They still think they can go all in and still win with dumb Dak and McCarthy under the current culture. :ouch: :rofl:

I have zero Copium. The cowboys have 100% failed the fan base in almost 30 years. I get that and own that.
El Turco

Post#653 » by El Turco » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:49 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

As much a see you next tuesday you can be, you tend to know what's up more than these whippersnappers who have no shame. I'd bury my head in the sand until the training camp if I was a Cowboys fan :)

RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,165

Post#654 » by RaoulDuke79 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:56 pm

El Turco wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

As much a see you next tuesday you can be, you tend to know what's up more than these whippersnappers who have no shame. I'd bury my head in the sand until the training camp forever if I was a Cowboys fan :)
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Mariner
Senior

Post#655 » by Mariner » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:24 pm

El Turco wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

As much a see you next tuesday you can be, you tend to know what's up more than these whippersnappers who have no shame. I'd bury my head in the sand until the training camp if I was a Cowboys fan :)

You would figure a fan of a team who just choked again in the SB and have a longer drought then the cowboys would show a little more humility.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#656 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:27 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
El Turco wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Shawn is loyal AF...He's a real G.

Read on Twitter

Sherman and Skip, :rofl: :rofl: That must have been quite the show. Blind leading the blind.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Post#657 » by Mr B » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:46 pm

Mariner wrote:
El Turco wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:The new generation Cowboy fans and Jerry have different Copium than the old guard fans. They still think they can go all in and still win with dumb Dak and McCarthy under the current culture. :ouch: :rofl:

You would figure a fan of a team who just choked again in the SB and have a longer drought then the cowboys would show a little more humility.

In his mind they are winners.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#658 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:48 pm

Mariner wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I have zero Copium. The cowboys have 100% failed the fan base in almost 30 years. I get that and own that.

Jerry has failed the Cowboy fans base since he forced Jimmy out the door after winning back to back Super Bowls. The Culture went downhill after that and Jerry Jones is the person most responsible for the product on the field since then. The new generation fans keep buying Jerry's **** year in and year out because they have never witnessed sustained success for a 20 year period after starting from nothing and what it takes. The new generation Cowboy fans after Jerry is the other biggest reason they can't get over the last two hurdles. They buy Jerry's crap year in and year out and are too phu.... stupid to see what has been right in front of their faces for over 2 decades. Jerry and the new generation Cowboy fans are dragging this once proud franchise to the likes of the old Lions, Browns, Jets and Cardinal franchises of the past.
A strong franchise and leadership at the top includes the likes of a Roger Staubach, Tom Landry and Clint Murchinson, not Mike McCarthy, Dak Prescott and Jerry Jones. Cowboys will never even sniff another Super Bowl under the leadership of Jerry Jones. Book it. And Dak Prescott doesn't only suck, he's stupid. And you can't fix stupid I don't care how nice a guy he is. I told all you new generation knuckleheads 3 years ago that Dak was not the guy. You didn't listen and are getting what you deserve. Unless all of Cowboy nation gets off their asses and calls out Jerry, nothing will change. Jerry has to go or die.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#659 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:50 pm

Mr B wrote:
Mariner wrote:
El Turco wrote:

In his mind they are winners.

He's lonely and tired. I'm sure he hasn't slept much since Sunday night. :wink: :lol:
El Turco

Post#660 » by El Turco » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:44 pm

Mariner wrote:
El Turco wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:The new generation Cowboy fans and Jerry have different Copium than the old guard fans. They still think they can go all in and still win with dumb Dak and McCarthy under the current culture. :ouch: :rofl:

Why would I show humility to fans of a team that my team regularly **** on :lol:

Hats off to any Chiefs authentic Chiefs fans out there...

Return to The General NFL Board