How good would Brady Quinn be in present day NFL?

Moderator: bwgood77

azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,576

How good would Brady Quinn be in present day NFL? 

Post#1 » by azcatz11 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:48 pm

Maybe I’m crazy but I’ve been thinking about this the past couple of days.

Quinn was basically Tua (before Tua was a thing) Elite accuracy, somewhat mobile and had an underrated arm. He was given a fair shake mainly because of his size…but now we have Quarterbacks who run the gamut in size. Daniels who will be the #2 overall pick is 170 pounds soaking wet.

I think Quinn could be a borderline all pro in today’s era which a lot of teams value timing. Thoughts?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,472

Re: How good would Brady Quinn be in present day NFL? 

Post#2 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:10 pm

Backup

Quinn had size. I think he was 6'2". That wasn't the issue. If anything, he had too much upper body mass. He just wasn't good enough when he got to the league.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#3 » by Worm Guts » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:30 pm

What exactly would be different now from when he actually played? He was a first round pick. The opportunity was there if he was good enough.

And Quinn was listed at 6'4, 230 lbs. Size wasn't an issue.
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect
And1: 203

Post#4 » by WentzerWuver » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:36 am

Worm Guts wrote:What exactly would be different now from when he actually played? He was a first round pick. The opportunity was there if he was good enough.

And Quinn was listed at 6'4, 230 lbs. Size wasn't an issue.
Some fans have confused him with Doug Flutie, who was so short where Bryce Young would be like Wembanyama next to him.

https://youtube.com/shorts/teq0KIfiDmw?si=rOYH_PNuUVHGue6F
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,330

Post#5 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:57 pm

azcatz11 wrote:Maybe I’m crazy but I’ve been thinking about this the past couple of days.

Quinn was basically Tua (before Tua was a thing) Elite accuracy, somewhat mobile and had an underrated arm. He was given a fair shake mainly because of his size…but now we have Quarterbacks who run the gamut in size. Daniels who will be the #2 overall pick is 170 pounds soaking wet.

I think Quinn could be a borderline all pro in today’s era which a lot of teams value timing. Thoughts?

I think your nuts. :crazy:
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,091
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#6 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:21 pm

Brady Quinn didn't even have good accuracy in college. At no point did he have elite accuracy.

Nobody ever dinged him for size.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Post#7 » by Mr B » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:42 pm

Brady Quinn at one point was considered a “can’t miss” prospect at QB when he was at Notre Dame. I think Quinn’s biggest problem is that he was drafted by the Browns. They’re not exactly known for developing QB’s. Looking at the teams that needed a QB in ‘07 though he was just eligible for the draft in the wrong year. None of the teams that needed a QB are/were great at developing QB’s.
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect
And1: 203

Post#8 » by WentzerWuver » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:47 am

Mr B wrote:Brady Quinn at one point was considered a “can’t miss” prospect at QB when he was at Notre Dame. I think Quinn’s biggest problem is that he was drafted by the Browns. They’re not exactly known for developing QB’s. Looking at the teams that needed a QB in ‘07 though he was just eligible for the draft in the wrong year. None of the teams that needed a QB are/were great at developing QB’s.
https://youtu.be/pU1plciWDMc?si=1P0lf04ZzOO51Mns
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,538

Post#9 » by Dr Positivity » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:00 am

Don't think much changes. There was some QBs like Freeman or Sanchez that "almost made it" that you could play the what if game on I guess, Quinn isn't one of them, he just sucked.

Return to The General NFL Board