Free Agency !!!!

Moderator: bwgood77

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,329

Free Agency !!!! 

Post#1 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:46 pm

With the new season comes free agency before the draft. Who gets tagged? Who stays, who goes? A lot of big time free agents this year. Time to discuss. Here are a list of some of the top free agents;

Kirk Cousins, Chris Jones, Tee Higgins, Mike Evans, Michael Pittman, Leonard Williams, Calvin Ridley, Shaquon Barkley, Josh Jacobs, Chase Young, Derick Henry, Tony Pollard, Patrick Queen, Austin Ekeler, Tony Pollard, Tyron smith, Gabe Davis, Fletcher Cox, and more.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,470

Re: Free Agency !!!! 

Post#2 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:41 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:With the new season comes free agency before the draft. Who gets tagged? Who stays, who goes? A lot of big time free agents this year. Time to discuss. Here are a list of some of the top free agents;

Kirk Cousins, Chris Jones, Tee Higgins, Mike Evans, Michael Pittman, Leonard Williams, Calvin Ridley, Shaquon Barkley, Josh Jacobs, Chase Young, Derick Henry, Tony Pollard, Patrick Queen, Austin Ekeler, Tony Pollard, Tyron smith, Gabe Davis, Fletcher Cox, and more.

Why is Tony Pollard on this list twice? He's not that desirable. :wink:

I see most of those big names sticking with their teams.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,316

Post#3 » by DOT » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:07 pm

The interesting question for the Jags is Ridley

If we extend him, the pick we traded for him turns into a 2nd rounder (from our 3rd round pick)

However, if we don't extend him by 4 pm on March 13th, he becomes a free agent, and if he signs with us after that, we keep our 2nd

But it comes with the risk he could just walk. Josh Allen is 100% getting the tag while we work out a deal.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Post#4 » by Mr B » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:52 pm

DOT wrote:The interesting question for the Jags is Ridley

If we extend him, the pick we traded for him turns into a 2nd rounder (from our 3rd round pick)

However, if we don't extend him by 4 pm on March 13th, he becomes a free agent, and if he signs with us after that, we keep our 2nd

But it comes with the risk he could just walk. Josh Allen is 100% getting the tag while we work out a deal.

I don’t see why Ridley would stay if he’s allowed to become a free agent. I could see the Chiefs offering him a contract.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#5 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:19 pm

Justin Madubuike - arguably the best DT in the game will be a FA

I want Queen most but Frankie Luvu is another FA LB I'd want in Dallas
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,570

Post#6 » by hermes » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:45 pm

bjj, i know it took a lot for you to list kirk cousins as the top free agent but i appreciate it

:cheesygrin:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#7 » by Mr B » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:43 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Justin Madubuike - arguably the best DT in the game will be a FA

Justin Madubuike is from Dallas so it would be cool to bring the local guy home however I think he’ll be franchised by the Ravens.

That would make Patrick Queen available. That’s who I would like to see the Cowboys sign.
Mariner
Senior
And1: 107

Post#8 » by Mariner » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:52 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Justin Madubuike - arguably the best DT in the game will be a FA

Justin Madubuike is from Dallas so it would be cool to bring the local guy home however I think he’ll be franchised by the Ravens.

That would make Patrick Queen available. That’s who I would like to see the Cowboys sign.

Will the cowboys sign anyone in the first wave of free agency?
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,762

Post#9 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:00 am

Wait, Chris Jones isn't a UFA? I want the Raiders to sign him & pair him with Maxx Crosby.

EDIT: I am dead serious about this. Also Josh Jacobs better sign a team f*cking friendly deal with us or we can kick him to the curb.
Zamir Jones is ready to go & replace him.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#10 » by Mr B » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:12 am

Mariner wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Realistically no. They don’t sign high priced free agents from other teams. Jerry said they’re going “all in” which means they will spend their free agency money on keeping their own guys and extending Dak, Lamb, and Parsons. Although I think there’s a chance they wait until next season to extend Micah. They will still sign some lower level free agents but I’m not expecting anything more than that.
Mariner
Senior

Post#11 » by Mariner » Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:49 am

Mr B wrote:
Mariner wrote:
Mr B wrote:Justin Madubuike is from Dallas so it would be cool to bring the local guy home however I think he’ll be franchised by the Ravens.

Realistically no. They don’t sign high priced free agents from other teams. Jerry said they’re going “all in” which means they will spend their free agency money on keeping their own guys and extending Dak, Lamb, and Parsons. Although I think there’s a chance they wait until next season to extend Micah. They will still sign some lower level free agents but I’m not expecting anything more than that.

I agree with you but that would make Jerry a liar.
All in doesn’t mean business as usual.
I’m hoping for one big signing but I know I will be disappointed.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#12 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:55 am

Jerry saying the Cowboys are all in is total bull crap. He's been all in since 2002. Only a fool would believe Jerry at this point.
Mariner
Senior

Post#13 » by Mariner » Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:58 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Jerry saying the Cowboys are all in is total bull crap. He's been all in since 2002. Only a fool would believe Jerry at this point.

I don’t think he’s used the all in phrase before.
But ya he’s definitely full of crap.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#14 » by Mr B » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:08 am

Mariner wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Mariner wrote:

Jerry will find a way to rationalize it going “all in”. I remember a couple of years ago some beat writer brought up how they don’t sign free agents anymore (since Brandon Carr) and he mentioned how they spend more money in free agency than most teams. They just spend it on their own players. That’s how he rationalizes it. So they will spend a ton of money this off season but mostly on their own players.

They will wait until the 2nd or 3rd round of players is signed and then they will look for bargains (what they always do). But because of extending CeeDee (possibly Parsons too), and reworking the deals of Zack Martin, Demarcus Lawrence, and Trey Diggs they will say they’ve spent more in free agency than any other team.

If (huge if) they sign just 1 big dollar free agent from another team I hope it’s Patrick Queen. I would still even be looking to draft an off ball LB high too if I signed Queen.

There are also 2 players that I really want them to draft (Jackson Powers-Johnson) and one is the 1-tech DT from Texas T’Vondre Sweat.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#15 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:02 pm

hermes wrote:bjj, i know it took a lot for you to list kirk cousins as the top free agent but i appreciate it

:cheesygrin:

:cuddle :kiss
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#16 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:04 pm

:
Mr B wrote:

:thumbsup: All in on Patrick Queen.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#17 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:07 pm

Mr B wrote:
Mariner wrote:
Mr B wrote:Realistically no. They don’t sign high priced free agents from other teams. Jerry said they’re going “all in” which means they will spend their free agency money on keeping their own guys and extending Dak, Lamb, and Parsons. Although I think there’s a chance they wait until next season to extend Micah. They will still sign some lower level free agents but I’m not expecting anything more than that.

Jerry will find a way to rationalize it going “all in”. I remember a couple of years ago some beat writer brought up how they don’t sign free agents anymore (since Brandon Carr) and he mentioned how they spend more money in free agency than most teams. They just spend it on their own players. That’s how he rationalizes it. So they will spend a ton of money this off season but mostly on their own players.

They will wait until the 2nd or 3rd round of players is signed and then they will look for bargains (what they always do). But because of extending CeeDee (possibly Parsons too), and reworking the deals of Zack Martin, Demarcus Lawrence, and Trey Diggs they will say they’ve spent more in free agency than any other team.

If (huge if) they sign just 1 big dollar free agent from another team I hope it’s Patrick Queen. I would still even be looking to draft an off ball LB high too if I signed Queen.

There are also 2 players that I really want them to draft (Jackson Powers-Johnson) and one is the 1-tech DT from Texas T’Vondre Sweat.

I love all your picks and thoughts so far. I guess we are in total agreement here. :bowdown: :thumbsup: :love:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,470

Post#18 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:38 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:There are also 2 players that I really want them to draft (Jackson Powers-Johnson) and one is the 1-tech DT from Texas T’Vondre Sweat.

I love all your picks and thoughts so far. I guess we are in total agreement here. :bowdown: :thumbsup: :love:

So, does this mean that you've given up on Mazi completely?? You're going to use another high pick on a NT?

Sweat will be available in the 2nd round.

At this point, I think it's unlikely that JPJ will last.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#19 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:03 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:There are also 2 players that I really want them to draft (Jackson Powers-Johnson) and one is the 1-tech DT from Texas T’Vondre Sweat.

So, does this mean that you've given up on Mazi completely?? You're going to use another high pick on a NT?

My highest hope for Mazi is that he might end up being a solid starting DT.

I have no hope for him being an elite player or ProBowl level talent. Hopefully he can just contribute as good DT depth.

He's not going to be a game changer, or shut down the run completely like we need.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#20 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:20 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I won't comment on Mazi Smith or Schoonmaker till after next season. I cut the rookies some slack their first year. But if Mazi doesn't show me a lot more this upcoming season I will have egg on my face on that one. I saw Sweat play all year. I like him a lot. I also want an LB and like Mr. b. I want another O-lineman. Call me old fashion. I like controlling the line of scrimmage. The Dallas defense didn't control crap once the injury bug started. I've been bitching about lack of depth at LB and DT for over a decade.

Return to The General NFL Board